Chapter 12

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae Sook POV

It’s finally prom night, I was home watching t.v. and was about to go out with Lucky to the dog park. But Lay-ssi showed up, and my Mom was home too. How bad can life be to me.

“Omma, can I not go.” I said.

“No, I am already doing your make up and Lay is downstairs waiting for you.” She applied on more makeup.

“Omma. Please let me make a run for it. I’ll make it up to you, later.” I begged.

“I’m finished. Now let’s put on the dress Lay brought.” She got up.

“Omma. Please!” I said.

“No, it’s final. Enjoy tonight, we’re moving away anyways.” She said.

She walked over to the dress hanging over my closet door. She signals me to come over, I get up from my dresser and slowly walk over to her. Just kill me now, why didn’t I leave earlier. She helped me zip up the back of the dress.

“Let’s curl your hair now.” She said.

“Omma, I’m fine. No need to.” I said.

“Now sit down so I can do your hair.” She demanded.

I walked over to my dresser and sat down, I looked at myself in the mirror. What am I getting myself into, Appa can’t you save me from this. My Mom got done curling my hair, she pinned my bangs upward. Showing my forehead, I looked so different.

“Let’s go downstairs now, Lay must be waiting for you.” She giggled.

“Omma, sometimes I wonder if I’m your daughter.” I said.

“Of course you are my baby.” She laughed.

“I need to get the camera to take pictures.” She ran to the other room.

I got up and walked out my door, making my way down the stairs and into the living room, where Lay-ssi is waiting. I walked in and he was too busy playing with Lucky to even notice me.

“Since you’re so into Lucky, why don’t you go with him.” I said.

He looked up at me and I swear he wasn’t even blinking.

“What is there something on my face?” I asked.

“No. you're just too beautiful to not notice.” He said.

“I got the camera, now let’s take pictures.” My mom said.

“I would love to Ms. Yang.” Lay-ssi said.

“Lay-ssi, let’s just go.” I said.

“You still use the formal tone with him. Just call him Lay.” My mom giggled.

“Omma, will taking pictures get you to stop.” I said.

“Yes, now line up next to each other.” She said.

I stood next to Lay, he came closer next to me. It felt so uncomfortable, I kept moving away.

“Smile now.” My mom said.

“Smile.” Lay said to me.

I tried smiling, until Lay put his hands over my waist and stood behind me. He laid his chin on my bare shoulder and it gave me sparks. My mom took even more pictures of us, please kill me now. I pushed his hands away and broke free from his grip.

“Let’s go now.” I said.

“Don’t you dare take your heels off.” My mom screamed.

“I won’t trust me.” I said.

Lay and I walked to his car, since when did he drive? But I didn’t care, I got in the car and put my seatbelt on.

“You look beautiful.” He said.

“Thanks.” I said.

“I don’t get a ‘your so handsome oppa.’” Lay laughed.

“NO.” I said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter