Chapter 6

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae Sook POV

I arrived home to spare 2 hours, before my Mom comes home with Mr. Bang at 8 pm. I opened the door and was greeted by Lucky.

“Hi, lucky.” I pat his head and he barks as a reply.

I closed the door and put my things down on the couch. I took off my glasses, undid my braids and tied my hair up. I walked over to the kitchen with Lucky following behind me. I opened the fridge and saw the cake I bought was unharmed. I took out the vegetables and meat and started to prepare my Moms favorite curry dish. I finished cooking and set everything on the dining room table. I cleaned the dishes and took the cake out from the fridge and left it in the center of the table. I put the candles on and walk over to the living room to see where Lucky was. I found him asleep on the couch, he looks so cute when he is sleeping. I walk over and sat down next to him, he cuddled closer knowing it was me. I check my wristwatch and it was 7:30 pm, 30 more minutes before they arrive. I felt tired and was going to take a nap when the doorbell rang.

“Weird, maybe they’re early.” I said as I scratch my head.

I got up, which woke up Lucky from his sleep. We walked over to the door, I opened it and was greeted by my Mom and Mr. Bang.

“Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Bang.” I bowed.

“Annyeong, Ae Sook. Hi Lucky!” He smiled at me and patted Lucky’s head.

“Come inside.” My Mom said.

“I have food prepared on the table.” I said.

I followed them after locking the door. They went straight into the kitchen and sat down, I grabbed the lighter and lit the candles.

“Happy birthday, oma!” I screamed.

“Happy birthday, honey.” Mr. Bang said.

“Thank you for the birthday wishes.” My Mom said.

We ate and then I cleaned up the dishes, putting them away. I walked over to the living room to see Mr. Bang playing with lucky and my Mom was watching them. I walked over to get my gift for her and sat down next to her.

“Omma, I got this for you.” I handed over the gift.

“Thank you, honey.” She opens the gift.

“It’s so cute and it’s what I like.” She smiled at me.

“Actually me and Mr. Bang have news for you too.” She said.

“We’re going to get married.” My mom flashes her ring.

“That’s good.” I smiled.

“After we get married we are going to move to the States, are you willing to go with us.” Mr. Bang asks.

I was speechless. I couldn’t say anything, moving away from here, from Dad’s grave.

“Are you okay, honey.” My Mom asks.

“Yeah, I’m willing to move away from here. Leave the memories and move on from this.” I said.

“It’s settled. We’re going to get married in a month, then we can move when you finish school in 3 months from today. Also you can call me Dad now.” Mr. Bang says with a smile.

“Mr. Ba.. Appa, where will we be in the states?” I asked.

“We’ll be in LA, California. Me and your mom got transferred there for work. We’ll live there like a family, and you can start over fresh again.” He says.

“Lucky, we’re moving to the states.” I hugged him.

“It’s getting late, so I’ll head home and let you get some rest.” Mr. Bang said.

My Mom got up and walked Mr. Bang to the door and came back.

“Are you really fine with moving away from here? Being away from your Dad’s grave.” She a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter