Chapter 37

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been about a couple of days since Ae sook's parents had moved to the States. Today, she had called Chunji and was going to meet up and visit his grandma in the hospital. They planned to meet up at a flower shop around noon. Ae sook had gotten up and was cleaning the house together with Sumin, they made breakfast every day since Suho was able to pull the rest of Exo to working in the company that Mr. Bang had told them about. Ms. Oh was working late every day at her company, she felt lonely but she had Sumin with her. Sumin was home every day with nothing to do, so she went everywhere with Ae sook.

"Ae sook, are you leaving yet? It's almost noon." Sumin said.

"Oh, I'll leave now. Have fun being home alone." Ae sook chuckled.

"It's okay, I have things to do." Sumin said.

"Okay, if you go somewhere. Leave a note or text me." Ae sook said.

Ae sook walked out the house, she waved to Sumin who was at the door. Ae sook wore a t-shirt with a gray cardigan and some blue jeans and the backpack from Tao. She walked down the street to the bus stop, she waited and then gotten on. After getting off the bus, she went to the flower cafe. She walked through the door and there he was, Chunji was sitting down at a small coffee table. He had two cups of coffee in front of him, Ae sook walked over to him and sat down across from him.

"Hey, finally made it." Chunji said.

"Why wouldn't I." Ae sook said.

"Let's enjoy some of this, I just bought it. We can buy flowers later, and meet halmoni." Chunji smiled.

"Why are you in such a good mood." Ae sook asked.

"Just haven't seen you in a while, you know. Time to catch up." Chunji said.

"What do you have up your sleeves? Tell me." Ae sook said.

"Well, I just wanted to know how it is like living with 12 guys." Chunji chuckled.

"The same a when I was staying over at Headquarters." Ae sook said.

"I know that but then there is something weird about it." Chunji said.

"What's weird?" Ae sook asked.

"I feel like they're all dating you.... But I could be wrong. You're dating that guy, what's his name." Chunji asked.

"Oh, you mean Baekhyun." Ae sook remembered.

"Yeah, that guy. How is he treating you?" Chunji asked.

"Good, we haven't fought in a while." Ae sook said.

"Oh, I see." Chunji sipped his coffee.

"So, when are we going to halmoni?" Ae sook said.

"We can go now, we can also buy flowers here too." Chunji said.

"Stay here, I'll go and get the flowers." Ae sook said.

"Okay, I'll be here." Chunji said.

Ae sook got up and walked over to the flower counter to ask the lady for some flowers, she handed Ae sook the flowers and she paid. Ae sook returned to that table and Chunji was gone, she looked everywhere. She exited the shop and saw him across the street with a girl. The girl looked very pretty and was not tall and had on some cute clothes. Ae sook walked over to them, she made sure to check before crossing the road.

"Chunji, you just left me in the shop." Ae sook said.

"Oh, sorry." Chunji said.

The look on the girls face darkens, she tilted her head down.

"Oh, oppa. I see you're with another girl. I should leave first, she might misunderstand." She said.

"Oh, no. I'm just his friend, we were going to visit his grandma. We nothing more than that, I promise." Ae sook said.

"Yeah, she has a boyfriend." Chunji said.

"Oh, sorry. I thought she was your girlfriend oppa." She said.

"What's your name?" Ae sook asked.

"My name is Jung Minah." Minah said.

"Oh, I'm Yang Ae sook." Ae sook said.

“I’ll see you around later than.” Minah said.

“Yeah, I guess.” Chunji said.

Ae Sook and Chunji watched as Minah disappeared down the road, Ae Sook turned to face Chunji. He was in a daze, she laughed out loud.

“What’s funny?” Chunji said.

“It’s her right?” Ae Sook smirked.

“Yeah..” Chunji said shyly.

"No need to be shy, just tell her." Ae sook said.

"Well, I need your help." Chunji said.

"Let's worry about that later. Right now I need to visit halmoni." Ae sook said.

"Sorry, let's get going now." Chunji said.

Ae sook and Chunji hailed a taxi and gave the address to the taxi driver. He punched in the address and soon they were off. They arrived at the hospital, Chunji got out first and lead the way to the room. They got on the elevator and went up to the fourth floor, they turned to the right and walked down the hallway. Chunji knocked on the second door.

"Come in." She said weakly.

Chunji opened the door and Ae sook walked in with the flowers. She looked up at Ae sook and she cried. Ae sook walked over to her and sat down, she placed the flowers in a vase. Ae sook held on to her hand and patted it.

"Aigoo, darling where have you been?" She cried.

"Halmoni, I've been trying to correct my life. How are you?" Ae sook asked.

"I'm good. I just miss you so much, since you disappeared that night. Chunji told me about what happened." She said.

"I know, I've decided to stop. Let's not talk about me, let's talk about you. I haven't seen you in a long time, I'm sorry for hiding away." Ae sook said.

"It's okay, I was very happy when Chunji told me he had run into you. I wanted you to visit me." Halmoni said.

"I wanted to see you too. You're like my grandma, I miss the old times. When we slept over at your house and cooked food and did things together and epically scolding me." Ae sook chuckled.

"Yes, they were fun darling. Now tell me, how is your mom." Halmoni asked.

"Recently she got remarried and they just moved to the States about two weeks ago. I'm staying with..."

"Her boyfriend, and his eleven other boys." Chunji said.

"You're staying with your boyfriend." Halmoni asked.

"Yeah, thank you for telling her." Ae sook glared at Chunji.

"How is it, I thought you would never date." Halmoni chuckled.

"Well, it was unexpected. More like tied to each other, he is sweet and the light of my eyes." Ae sook said.

"Oh... I remember being young and in love. But Chunji here, hasn't even brought home a girl. Sometimes I think he is gay, please tell me he is not." Halmoni sighed.

"I'm not gay!" Chunji said.

"Trust me, he is not. I've just met his girlfriend today, she was quite a girl. Pretty long hair, big eyes, dresses cute, most of all she was polite. I don't know if someone like Chunji deserves her." Ae sook said.

"What are you saying. I deserve her." Chunji said.

"Omo, I want to meet her." Halmoni said.

"Maybe next time, when Chunji finally asks her out on a date or confesses." Ae sook laughed.

"You haven't even asked her out yet. What about all that gang strength and charisma I see you do." Halmoni said.

"I.. Um.. " Chunji stuttered.

"Just like your father too, how cute. I remember when he wanted to date your mom, he'd asked me about what to say and what to wear." Halmoni laughed.

They continued talking until it was almost six or seven at night. Ae sook had to leave, since Exo was waiting for her to get back so they can have dinner.

"Halmoni, I'll visit again. I have to get home now. They're waiting for me, so they can eat." Ae sook said.

"You should go home. It's getting late, have Chunji walk you home. Don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter