Chapter 48

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the forest, the sound of water dropping down from the tree branches. Twelve boys scattered all under one big tree’s shade. The grass following in the wind, they were all tired and sore all over.

"Hyung, I'm so tired." Sehun complained.

"We can't stop, we have to get stronger." Kris said.

It was 8:36 am and Exo had gone out since 5 am to do some training to build up their strength. Everyone was exhausted and tired but they had Ae sook in their minds, keeping them going strong.

"I miss her so much." Xiumin whispered.

When Tao and Xiumin told the rest of them that Ae sook came back for a short visit, no one believed. Since they were all training till late and both of them were probably hallucinating. Sumin was able to back them up and somehow Ae sook's scent smelled fresh to them, she was there. Kris smacked both his hand on the table and groaned, Suho sighed and was angry with himself. They were so close to saving her and now they have no clue where she is or when she would come back.

"She is strong, we have to believe in her." Suho said.

They continued to train deep into the day and night, not even resting for a bit. Their shirt stained in sweat and hair was drenched in sweat, The only goal on their mind was to save Ae sook. As they got up from the ground to practice again, a shadow stood there in behind a tree. She watched them, with her arms crossed. They continued to train, focusing and forgetting about the person there.

“Don’t overwork yourselves.” She said.

She stood behind the tree and continued watching them. She knew that one of them had sensed her, she quickly moved to another tree. The tree she was behind was burned into ashes, it fell over to the ground.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun called.

“What?” Chanyeol replied.

“Why did you burn that tree down?” D.O said.

“Someone is watching us, whoever it was is still here.” Chanyeol said.

Everyone turned their head in all different directions, trying to find the person. D.O walked over to the tree and touched it, he let out a tear.

“How can I even save you, I don’t know how to bring you back to life.” D.O said.

“It’s just a tree.” Chanyeol said.

“No, it’s a life lost.” D.O cried out.

D.O covered his face with his arm, Chanyeol felt bad. Everyone watched as the burnt tree turned back into it’s original form and lifted itself off the ground back into its original place. Their eyes about to pop out of their sockets, D.O lifted his head up. His eyes were confused, he looked to Tao.

“Did you reverse time?” D.O asked.

“No, I didn’t. Reversing time for something dead and bring it back to life is not my power.” Tao said.

“Then who?” D.O asked.

D.O placed his hand onto the tree, he mentally talked to it.

“Are you okay?” D.O asked.

“I’m fine, but thank you for worrying.” It said.

“Who saved you? Do you know?” D.O asked.

“I.. I cannot tell you that. That person is stronger than you think.” It said.

“Where is the person?” D.O asked.

“Behind the tree over there.” It said.

“Thank you. I’m sorry for what my brother did to you.” D.O said.

“It’s okay, I came back.” It said.

D.O turned away from the tree and walked over to the other tree, the rest looking at him confused.

“D.O what’s going on?” Luhan asked.

“Be quiet.” D.O said.

She watched as D.O came closer to her, she let out a tear and wiped it away. She turning her backs on them and disappearing like the rain, being dried up by the sun. D.O stopped before he could even reach the tree, he sighed.

“It’s gone now.” D.O said.

“We know.” Lay said.

“Whatever it was, its probably going to come back again.” Kai said.

 

Tonight Ae sook and Jaejoong were going to start their first day of their deal, she waited in the living room. Jaejoong took down all the barriers that he made and he tried to let her do what she wanted. He was willing to lose himself for her, to achieve a small amount of happiness from her. Let's say he was more willing to die by her hands, to finally be free. Jaejoong was at work, he took off all schedules after 4 pm. He was taking Ae sook out to dinner and a movie, he personally sent home a dress, flats, clutch, and jewelry that he picked out during his lunch. He was too busy that he had forgotten to eat, only having coffee. He sat in his chair in his office, he watched the clock on the wall tick.

"Three more hours..." Jaejoong sighed.

He picked up his pen and continued to sign and looking through papers, his mind slowly letting go of the time.

 

Ae sook was at home, she was able to use her powers. She had to admit, it was starting to get better than before. She could now go anywhere and do anything she wanted but she knew that Jaejoong was watching her every move. So she didn’t go far from his mansion, she would only roam around in the huge land he owned. Ae sook decided to sit in the gardens, she sat down on a bench under a large tree. It felt nice in the shade, cooler than under the sun. She was starting to get curious about her powers and used the wind power. Ae sook tried to use some of her energy and controlled the winds. She carefully lifts all the fallen flower petals and moves them in the air, creating a flower tornado. Ae sook moves them around and finally she lets them go, the wind returning normal and the flower petals falling down around her. She puts her hands out to catch the petals, smiling.

 

Jaejoong had made it home, with a smile on his face. He stopped when he spotted Ae sook in the gardens, he walked over to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter