Chapter 5

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyesu POV

I got on the bus and noticed Ae Sook, she was sitting there with her earphones in her ear. I walked over and sat down next to her.

“Ae Sook, are you gonna stay after school today?” I asked.

“No, I’m going to prepare for my mom’s birthday today.” She said.

“Oh, can I come by to celebrate too?” I said.

“Yeah, my mom told me to invite you. She hasn’t seen you in a while.” She said.

We got off the bus and walked towards school, with the rest of the students.

I spotted BAP at the school gate, they were talking and joking around.

“Annyeong oppas!” I said.

“Annyeong, Hyesu.” They greeted me.

I turned around and saw Ae Sook, she bowed and said nothing. She walked away from us and I saw Daehyun put his hand up and waved to her retreating back.

“Hyung, why didn’t you say hi to her?” Jongup said.

“I want to but I can’t bring myself to.” He said and left to go to class.

“Bye oppa.” I walked after him.

Daehyun POV

“Daehyun oppa.” Hyesu ran down the school hallway.

“What is it.” I asked.

“Can I talk to you alone.” She asked.

“Sure, where?” I said.

“Meet me at the school’s field, after school ends. I’ll be waiting.” She said and walked away.

Weird, she could of just said it to me here, what does she have to say anyways. I walked into class, to be greeted by Ae Sook talking to Lay. It hurts to see her talking to another guy besides me. I walked over to my new seat and sat down, I continue to stare over at them.

Ae Sook POV

Daehyun walked into class and I stopped talking to Lay, but he kept talking to me. I tried to not think about him, it hurts to know we’re kind of not friends anymore and that my love is one-sided.

“Ae Sook, are you even listening to me.” Lay-ssi said.

“Um.. sorry. I kind of blanked out.” I said quietly.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked.

“Oh.. umm…. it’s my mom’s birthday and I don’t know what to get her.” I lied.

“Oh, let’s go after school. I can help you choose something.” He said.

“No, it’s okay. I can go by myself.” I said.

“No, I’ll go with you and is it okay if I bring my brothers, well some of them.” He asked

“Oh..” I was cut off by him.

“It’s settled then, meet me by the gates after school.” Lay-ssi smiled.

‘Oh, great Ae Sook. You just got yourself into more stuff than you wanted.’ I thought.

Daehyun POV

(School ends and Daehyun makes his way to the school’s field.)

“Hyesu, where are you?” I called.

“Oppa, I’m over here.” She peeked out from behind the bleachers.

“What do you want to say?” I asked.

“Oppa, you like Ae Sook, right?” She asked.

“Yeah, I do.” I replied.

“Well, she is dating the new transfer, Lay.” She said boldly.

“How can you be sure of that.” I said.

“Ever since that incident where Jieun slapped her at school. She became close to the new guy and you’ve been avoiding her to keep her safe, but she went to the new guy because she was tired of you.” She said.

“I thought she was your friend, how could you talk about her like that.” I screamed at her.

“She is not anymore, because….. I like you! I am even willing to let our friendship go, just so I can be with you.” She screamed.

I turned around and walked away from her, how could she do that to her best friend.

“I’ve alway liked you since we were little kids, you know me the best like I know you too.” She screamed.

I turned around to face her and walked towards her again.

“Well good for you, but I don’t know you, that well. Let’s end our friendship here. Turning on a friend is not a true friend. Goodbye.” I said and walked away.

“You don't even know her past, if you knew you could never love her anymore.” She screamed.

Hyesu POV

“Oppa, you don’t even understand how much it hurts.” I fell to my knees.

I’ll make you love me, even if I have to join Jieun’s side. I cried and got up from my knees and walked to my locker to get my stuff and go hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter