Chapter 27

My Inescapable Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae Sook and Ms. Oh had arrived to the shaman’s temple. Youngji’s assistant slid open the door and welcomed them in, Youngji sat down on the floor seat mat at the small table on the floor. Ae Sook and Ms. Oh sit down at the table across from the shaman. Her assistant bows to them and slides the door closed.

“Welcome to my temple.” Youngji said.

“Thanks for having me.” Ae Sook said.

“What would you like to know.” Youngji said.

“I want to know everything.” Ae Sook said.

“Let’s start off with where you came to be, as the chosen one.” Young Ji said.

Youngji got up and walked over to her shelves of books, she runs her figures along the books. She stops at one book, and grabs it and brings it back to the table. She sits down and opens the book to a specific page.

“Whatever happens from here, ask questions. Don’t run away, listen to what she has to say.” Youngji said.

Youngji whispers something and then she looks up at Ae Sook and her eyes are fully black. Ms. Oh jumped and got scared, Ae Sook put her arm up to shield Ms.Oh. The woman in front of them was no longer Young Ji, maybe she was possessed. Ae Sook stared into the black eyes, as it creepy smiled back to her.

“It’s been a while, Myung Ok. Make that 500 years.” She laughed.

“Who are you, my name is not Myung Ok. It’s Ae Sook.” Ae Sook said.

“I know that…” She looked back seriously.

“You still haven’t answered me, who are you? Where is Young Ji?” Ae Sook said.

“I am Mee Yon, the beauty of our village 500 years ago.” Mee Yon said.

“Mee Yon, meaning beauty and lotus blossom. Who am I to you?” Ae Sook asks.

“I am your friend, we grew up together. I… I am sorry.” Mee Yon said.

Ae Sook looked into My Yon’s eyes and saw tears coming down her face.

“What are you sorry for? What did I do?” Ae Sook asked.

“I… I… I was supposed to be the chosen one. But….. I ran away and you were chosen in my place.” Mee Yon continued to cry.

“What do you mean? What happened to you? Why were we being chosen? Tell me everything.” Ae Sook asked.

-Mee Yon FlashBack Explanation-

Mee Yon was sitting in her room, with all her bridal stuff laid out all around her. She sat looking at them, and then she remembered something.

“Mee Yon, I love you. Let’s be together, forever.” DaeHan said.

“No, you’re a demon. I can’t love you, I’m getting married to Manse.” Mee Yon said.

“But I love, how am I supposed to be without you. We could rule the world together.” DaeHan said.

“I don’t want that. I want a normal man and a normal life.” Mee Yon said.

“Will my love change nothing, or do you love that man more?” DaeHan said.

“I love him more than you!” Mee Yon shouted.

“But If I kill him, you shall only be mine.” DaeHan said.

“You would never do that!” Mee Yon said.

“Well, let’s see about that.” Daehan disappeared.

Mee Yon turned around and he was gone, she ran out of the forest terrified and scared to death. What is she going to do, she got herself into some deep trouble. The next day she decided to find a shaman to help her, she wore her cloak and traveled to the temple. She was welcomed in by an assistant, she sat down on the mat across from the shaman.

“I need help, from you.” Mee Yon said.

“I can see it, why you are here. You got yourself involved with the forest demon.” The shaman said.

“I know, but I need a way to get rid of him.”  Mee Yon said.

“I know a way, but it deals with losing someone close to you.” He said.

“I’ll do anything to escape from this monster.” Mee Yon said.

The shaman pulled out a small metal dagger and a wooden dagger engraved on it was a wolf. He placed them on the table and looked back at her.

“The metal dagger, made of every metal able to kill anything. Use it to stab that demon in the heart. He will not die but it will get rid of his powers, he shall be a normal human. The wooden one is used to stab someone else, so they can take your place and you shall be free of this monster, but that person shall relieve their life defeating the monster. They will be free when only the monster is defeated. Choose wisely, which one will save you? Take both with you, you might need them.” He said.

Mee Yon opened her hanbok top to reveal both the weapons and she stared at it, not knowing what to do. Mee Yon’s thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the door. She quickly tied her hanbok top together again.

“Come in.” Mee Yon said.

Her childhood friend Myung OK (Ae Sook) popped her head in with a big smile on her face.

“Mee Yon, you look so beautiful today. Now, you can marry into Manse’s family. Your so lucky.”  Myung Ok said.

“I know, I hope he doesn’t come back for me. I’m scared, I don’t want to face that man again.” Mee Yon whispered.

“What man? I thought you only had Manse?” Myung Ok asked.

“I do, I only have him.” Mee Yon said.

“Let’s go and play one more time before the maids find you and you have to get dressed in your wedding attire.” Myung Ok said.

“I don’t think I should go. They say it’s bad luck to go out.” Mee Yon lied.
“Come on, I won’t be able to see you again for who knows how long?” Myung Ok said.
“Alright, but just for a bit then.” Mee Yon said.

“Let’s go.” Myung Ok said.

Myung Ok grabbed Mee Yon’s hand and they made a run for the front doors. But they ran past Manse and he put his arms out to stopped them.

“Myung OK, where are you going with my bride to be?” Manse said.

“We’re going to play for a bit, I’ll return her back later.” Myung Ok said.

“Okay, but be back quick.” Manse said.

“Yes, we’ll come back.” Myung Ok said.

They left out the front door and Manse closed it behind them. The girls went into town and bought food and small jewelry for their hair. It was going to get dark out later, so they decided to head home before the wedding ceremony tomorrow. On there way back they walked through the forest, but was stopped by a DaeHan.

“COme to me, Mee Yon.” DaeHan said.

“Who are you!” Myung Ok said.

“None of your business, come over to me now.” DaeHan said.

“Myung Ok, I’m scared.” Mee Yon hid behind Myung Ok.

“It’s okay. I’ll protect you.” Myung Ok said.

“Mee Yon, come with me now. Last warning” DaeHan said.

“No, I don’t know who you are.” Mee Yon said.

DaeHan walked over and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him.

“Myung Ok, help me.” Mee Yon screamed.

“Who do you think you are!” Myung Ok said.

Myung Ok pulled Mee Yon out of his grip. She started to hit him, and scream for help.

“Stay out of this.” He pushed her.

When he pushed Myung Ok, she flew and hit a tree causing her to cough up blood. She was hurt all over her body, she was in trouble for bring Mee Yon out. She had to get up and help her friend. Mee Yon on the hand was still struggling to break free from his grip. He kept pulling her along, then Mee Yon remembered the daggers and pulled out the metal one and cut his arm with it, he hissed in pain as it burned. He let her go and she ran back to Myung OK, who was still on the ground.

“Myung Ok, are you okay?” Mee Yon shook her.

“It hurts everywhere, I’m sorry I could not protect you.” Myung Ok said.

“No, I should be the one.” Mee Yon said.

She got up and put the dagger in her hand and ran towards DaeHan and tried to kill him. But she flew back and landed next to Myung Ok.

“No,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter