Finding the Truth

Oh My Baby!!

Jongdae and Baekhyun stare at the thirtieth pregnancy test taken within one day, all with this double lines adorning its small screen in the middle. Kyungsoo hyperventilates in his corner as he stares at the twenty test strips, for emergencies, turning blue at the first drop of Jongdae's liquid. The first two test were burned in Jongdae's backyard that afternoon before the three rushed to nearest drug store to buy two boxes of test strips and at least 15 boxes of pregnancy test. All of them wearing a hoodie in case of suspicion and running towards Jongdae's apartment with baited breaths.

Jongdae runs a hand through his hair as he stares at the fifty test he had unknowingly passed. "Maybe, we should try again tomorrow" Baekhyun offers, lying flat on his back. "I'll run to the drug store first thing in the morning and buy one last pregnancy test" Kyungsoo stands up from his position and proceeded in cleaning the mess they made, the 25 empty water bottles and the thirty pregnancy test. Jongdae watches the males every move and he wanted to cry his heart out. Hormones, damn hormones.

"What if, what if the results are still the same?" He sniffles and his friends engulf him in a big hug-- Kyungsoo still carrying a broom and Baekhyun wrapping an arm around Jongdae's waist. 

"It won't" Baekhyun comforts his crying friend, "Maybe you're just tired and the pregnancy test read your urine wrong."

"Or maybe because the pregnancy test is designed for females only" Kyungsoo squeezes Jongdae. "and fifty pregnancy test isn't enough to justify your pregnant Jongie" the male rubs his head on Jongdae's neck.

"You think so" 

"We think so" the two smiled at him. Sure Baekhyun and Kyungsoo might be his biggest bullies and he might have hurt them a lot but they were the type of friends anyone could wish to have. 

...

The next morning, Baekhyun does what he had promised. Buying one of the most expensive pregnancy test available for the final test that will determine Jongdae's life forever. As he walk calmly to Jongdae's apartment, Baekhyun thinks about the probability of a male getting pregnant and if Jongdae had always been a special case. Baekhyun also wonders, why he's okay with the thought of his bestfriend's pregnancy, his purely male bestfriend with a girlfriend. 'With a girlfriend' Baekhyun stops in his trail, 'Jongdae has a girlfriend and he's maybe pregnant.' Processing the thought for a moment, people stares at him and his expression, Baekhyun widens his eyes and rushes to the apartment, plastic bag swaying with every movement.

"Jongdae has LiYin" he slams the door open loudly, surprising the other occupants who wass having breakfast in the kitchen. Kyungsoo looks over Baekhyun and snorts, "no duh idiot, they've been together for like 5 years now"

"No, you don't get the point Kyungsoo" Baekhyun sits on the only vacant chair at the side of Jongdae. Jongdae takes the plastic bag from Baekhyun and disappears in the bathroom, Kyungsoo follows the male with his eye before releasing a sigh. Jongdae has been quiet since the moment he had risen from his deep slumber. This must be confusing for his friend as much as it was for them. Baekhyun shakes him awake, "Kyungsoo! Jongdae has a girlfriend and he might be pregnant. This is a big revelation."

"Everything's a big revelation at the moment, Baekhyun" Kyungsoo slaps the hand away, getting up to give Baekhyun a glass of orange juice which the other male eyes questioningly. "Tried to make coffee but Jongdae wouldn't stop throwing up at the smell" Baekhyun nods, taking the drink with a small smile and drinking a small portion of it. "I'm worried for him" 

"I'am too, Kyungsoo. I'am too" The door of the bathroom creaks open and both male stands up in unison. Jongdae was staring blankly at them, eyes beet red with the pregnancy test on his right hand, and they knew what had come down inside the small bathroom. Kyungsoo was the first too move, taking the test away from Jongdae and giving his bestfriend a hug. Jongdae refuses to cry and Kyungsoo understands the reason. 

Baekhyun frowns at the double vertical lines, "I think it's time to visit Minseok" he texts the male beforehand about there visit and Kyungsoo ushers Jongdae to clean himself up before going back to the kitchen to wash the used glasses. By the time Jongdae was done with his daily routine, they leave for Minseok's apartment with Kyungsoo driving, Baekhyun at the front seat and Jongdae, at the back, lost in his own world. 

Baekhyun feels suffocated with the silence and tries to lighten the mood by turning on the radio, scanning through it until he gives up finding a descent radio channel who knows real music.

"This is why I hate morning radio" Baekhyun scowls at the sound of yodeling coming out from a country singer who Baekhyun considers as an abomination to music and life. "Crappy music"

"There is no such thing as crappy music" Kyungsoo stops at a red light, "just crappy radio listeners"

"Are you telling me, I'm trash"

"No, I'm saying that you're poop"

"Poop?"

"Yes, poop! The thing being dispelled by the the through countless hour of concentration and unmeasurable energy. Poop."

"You're despicable" Baekhyun gives Kyungsoo a stink eye.

"No! What's despicable is Chanyeol eating a five day old pizza with molds hidden in Sehun's cabinet" Baekhyun looks appalled.

"No both of you are wrong" Jongdae intercepts at the back, a hand covering his mouth, face green. "What's despicable is Kyungsoo's car after I vomit my stomach in it without remorse and God! Stop the car" Kyungsoo hits the break without any second thoughts and Jongdae sprints towards the nearest dumpster he could find with Baekhyun following behind with a box filled with scented wet wipes. 

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asks when he sees Jongdae go back to his previous position by the window, driver side, with a huge scowl and a deathly glare.

"I just puked my whole breakfast! Do I look okay to you?" Kyungsoo shakes his head and Baekhyun gushes over Jongdae. Claiming the seat beside the angry male leaving Kyungsoo alone in the front of the car. 

...

When they arrived at Minseok's place, they were greeted with a very shaky and pale Minseok. He was wearing his white uniform, probably going to school before Baskhyun texted him about the situation Jongdae was facing at the moment. Baekhyun hands Minseok, the pregnancy test when they were ushered in and offered three glasses of grape juice each for every person. "It's new. Jongdae told us to burn the first 50 tests last night before going to sleep."

"This is the 53rd test for the past 26 hours" Kyungsoo adds and Minseok stays staring at the test as if it was the most fascinating and weirdest thing he have ever seen in his 27 years on Earth. "Each had the same answer everytime"

"But I was kidding" Minseok mutters to himself before dropping the horrid thing on the floor with weak hands. "I was kidding and... And maybe this is defective. Cheap pregnancy test are never accurate"

"Well" Baekhyun rubs his head, "I bought the most expensive pregnancy the drug store can offer" 

"I don't care" Minseok exclaims, "cheap is cheap and...and..." He roams his eyes all over his room, sweat dropping from his forehead, air having a hard time entering his lungs, "and...we need to go to the clinic"

"Clinic?!" Three pair of eyes stare at Minseok's soul and the male tries to blend in with the couch. 

"We can't go to the clinic"

"Hello earth to Minseok. You do realize that this is the most unconventional pregnancy known to man"

"I'm willing to take another test just no clinic please"

"No!" Minseok slams a hand on the table. "We are going to the clinic and that's final."

"B-but"

"The clinic is the only place that is complete with equipments to check for pregnancy. We are going there whether you like it or not" Minseok though shaking, commands.

"But what about your classes?"

"Jongdae is the most important here" Minseok smiles at the trembling male on the middle of Baeksoo. "Don't be scared Jongdae, we'll walk with you till the end" 

"Thank you, Minseok" Jongdae smiles gently at the elder, who had turned to change at the bedroom and reemerging later to join the duo to find answers.