Liyin Knows

Oh My Baby!!

The gang leaves the large shopping center when the last speck of light vanishes. They had bought a lot of things for the baby’s new nursery, spending all their savings on it, but their hearts feel light at the thought of making a single child happy. The car ride home was a silent one, the gang minus Kyungsoo and Jongdae awake. Kyungsoo because he was driving. Jongdae because baby Zhang wouldn't stop squirming.

“I'm curious” Kyungsoo starts off a conversation to alleviate the silent atmosphere away from them.

“You’re always curious” Jongdae says while caressing his growing baby bump with a fond smile. “What are you curious about?”

“The airport incident” Kyungsoo hears a deep intake of breathe beside him. “Baekhyun told us about it but not into full detail. I was just wondering what really happened.”

“I thought you guys went to the past with Luhan”

“How-how did you know that?”

“I know all of you. You’ll find ways to soothe your curiosity” Jongdae answers his friend but doesn’t even spare him a glance.

“Are you angry at us?”

“No” Jongdae response, flashing Kyungsoo a smile. “Why would I be?”

“We went against your wishes” Kyungsoo tells the male. “You specifically told us not to delve into your matters but we did. And honestly speaking, I kind of regret it.”

“It was a mess” Jongdae remembers, the past vividly but can't feel anything. “But that’s the price you pay for trying to find an explanation”

“Yixing lied though” Kyungsoo admits without thinking. “You were never a game to him. He even planned on proposing.”

“I know. He told me” Jongdae says and Kyungsoo snaps to look at him for a moment. Jongdae takes out the necklace hidden behind his shirt and Kyungsoo recognizes the pendant. “The day you guys went out to look for Zitao I met up with him. He apologized for what had happened before and gave me this. It somehow lessen the pain.”

“Does it really?”

Jongdae stays silent.

~~~~~

Liyin while waiting for her fiancé to come home decided to clean up. Jongdae's living room currently looked like a mess and Liyin decided that it would be best if she did her fiancé a favor by going home to a clean apartment. As Liyin rearranges the frames atop a Brazilian mahogany cabinet that Baekhyun had exported from South America, she sees various pictures of Jongdae and his friends during their early years and she can't help but smile at the sight.

The gang had always been close from their puberty years until now but sometimes she thinks there was something missing. A missing void that would balance the four boys and she had deduced long ago it was the ex-bestfriend that no one ever mentioned in Jongdae's presence. The x variable that Minseok had described a long time ago.

Every nooks and crannies of Jongdae’s living room was dusted and when Liyin comes to finish her work on her fiancé’s music room, she notices for once a treasure chest. A treasure chest hidden upon a large pile of music sheets that Jongdae had always been too lazy to organized.

Liyin knows it's wrong to trespass, be nosy, but the treasure chest is calling to her and she just can't ignore it. It might be a clue to her fiancé ex-bestfriend. The one that the gang had tried with all their might to erase.

She locks the music room before opening the chest. Attention locked on a few unopened envelope, a worn-out journal, and a single picture with the complete gang smiling happily while on a trip to Barcelona. Minseok, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, smiling widely at the camera with a young looking Yixing back hugging Jongdae in the middle.

“I was right” Liyin whispers, a smile slowly forming in her face, reading the written pinyin in the back.

Someday, we’ll come back and when that happens you'll be my one and only.

To Eternity and Beyond,

Yixing

~~~~

“Yah! Sleepy heads we are here!” Kyungsoo shout to his friends as a form of wake-up call. Minseok being a light sleeper awakes at the noise but the others continues to sleep.

“Baekhyun, Luhan, Taozi” Jongdae calls out gently towards the three. “We’re here”

“Five more minutes mom” the trio chorused, snuggling into each other and Minseok takes the opportunity to take blackmail material. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

“Yah!! Yah!!” Kyungsoo slaps each of the male on the head. “I know tomorrow's a holiday but boys we have things to carry. Wake up”

“No” the three groans, adamant.

“Ah no?” Kyungsoo looks really exasperated and the Kim brothers backs up in case they experience the shorter male’s wrath. “Wake up, dips!!!!” Kyungsoo bangs onto the Toyota fortuner’s door hard, startling the three sleeping figures back to reality.

“We are alive. We are alive. There’s no need to start a war” Baekhyun blabbers but Kyungsoo ignores him, instead throws a shopping on Baekhyun's face to carry.

The trio piles out of the car, each with a shopping bag at hand, before Zitao shrieks at the dent supported by his car. “Kyungsoo! You are a murderer!!”

“Relax. He’s just injured he'll get by” Kyungsoo shrugs before leading the gang away from the parking lot and to Jongdae's apartment. Zitao crying behind them.

“I'm never letting you drive ever again” Zitao huffs.

“Fine with me”

Baekhyun laughs at Zitao when he whines about Kyungsoo being insensitive before fishing for Jongdae's apartment keys when the door suddenly opens in front them, a smiling Liyin in front. Minseok abruptly pales at the sight of the smiling Liyin.

“Liyin! What are you doing here?” the boys asked simultaneously.

“I needed to talk with my fiancé and also I made you guys dinner” Liyin ushers the six stiff boys in, each of their paper bags hidden behind their backs. “Is that for Luna?” she grabs the paper bag in Baekhyun's hold, taking out a cute onesie from it.

“Yeah. It’s for Luna” Minseok voice cracks in distress. “You see, Luna is sick and she wants us to do her baby chores for her. Hehehe”

“Yeah, what he said” the other laughs along and the girl raises a brow at their strange behavior.

“Okay? You guys are weirding me out”

“Sorry” the six boys apologized while bowing a good 90 degrees and Liyin looks at them amused.

“You’re forgiven” Liyin smiles at them. “Just please make me Baby Zhang’s aunt, okay?”

“What?!” the gang screams in shock at the girl’s declaration. Each of them pale in the face, ready to pee their pants, but Liyin just smiles at them.

“You heard me. I want to be the aunt of Jongdae’s baby” Liyin says. “It's not too much to ask right?”

“Wait! You knew?” Luhan asked and Liyin nods.

“Who?”

“What?”

“Where?”

“When?”

“How?”

“Next time please clean up your mess” Liyin shows the clinic results from three months ago to the gang. Minseok, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Jongdae drops to the ground asking for the female’s forgiveness immediately. Luhan and Zitao follows afterwards and Liyin tries to stifle her laugh. “Guys, it's fine”

“But we lied” the exclaimed.

“You did but there’s no hard feelings” Liyin tells the group, trying to get them back up on their feet. “I learned about it since a month ago. I wanted to ask you about it for a while now but you all just seem to ignore me”

“We’re sorry”

“I'm sorry. You had to find about this the hard way” Jongdae apologize at the girl who still smiles at him sincerely. Jongdae feels miserable at the sight of Liyin’s sincere smile directed at him. Jongdae's a cheater, he broke LiYin's trust, but she could still smile. And he really believes Liyin is too perfect for him. “So…uh…does this mean the wedding is off?”

“Jongdae, there's never going to be a wedding between us” Liyin says truthfully. “I didn't even expect you to propose to me but then you did and I was amaze you have that much self-confident.”

“You sound bitter” Baekhyun pipes up. “Why do you sound bitter?”

“Baekhyun shut up” Kyungsoo hits the male on the forehead. “You are ruining the moment.”

“No Baekhyun. I'm not bitter” Liyin assures the male. “I was bitter before, about five years ago, but not now. I just sort of accepted it that my boyfriend always loved someone more than me. I had accepted it but I think Yoona will have a hard time with that.”

“Wait what?! How do you know that?”

“There's only one Zhang other than me in Jongdae’s life” Liyin explains. “It's Yixing, isn't it?”

“Yes” all the males sighed in defeat.

“Yixing’s been causing a lot of problem for my cousin lately” Liyin remembers the time Yoona barged to her house bringing complaints about her headstrong fiancé. “It's irritating to hear her babble about Yixing while visiting. I just want to slap her in the face.” The gang gasped at the vile words from the girl’s mouth. “What?”

“You're becoming like Jongdae” Baekhyun says with wide eyes.

“I will pray for you” Minseok follows after.

“That’s my girl” Jongdae smiles doing a fist bump with Liyin. Now that Jongdae thinks about it, other than a lover, he had always seen Liyin as a big sister that wouldn’t think twice in taking care of him, looking out for him, and he is thankful for her after so many years. “I'm sorry”

“It’s alright, Jongdae” Liyin says to him. Taking the engagement ring off from her finger and giving it back to the male, a smile still in place, no sadness detected in her eyes.

She hands it to Jongdae’s hand that is limply open in front of her. “Liyin, this is yours. Your family owns this. I can't accept this”

“No” Liyin closes his hands, gently. “My father gave it to you. It’s rightfully yours, now. Give to whoever your heart beats the most for. Give it to Yixing if you have to. To eternity and beyond”

“How?”

“I got a little nosy” Liyin laughs, taking out the old photo of the gang from her pocket, giving it back to its rightful owner. “Now I know why you always cry when Buzz Lightyear says those words.”

The former pair stares directly at each other's eyes with large smiles. This was a farewell to a five year relationship and Zitao cries behind the group. He was always the sensitive boy of the group. “You are too kind” Zitao wails loudly, grabbing Liyin into a bone crushing hug.

“Uh…okay” Liyin pats the boy in the back while giving the other’s a confused expression. Who would know that an assassin looking doctor could be this sensitive? Certainly not her.

“Zitao stop crying” Minseok pulls the doctor away.

“But she's too nice!!” Zitao whines at the older before turning to Jongdae. “How did you score someone like her?”

“Depression” Jongdae shrugs and Zitao looks at the others for confirmation.

“Really?”

“Yes really” the others including Liyin confirms. And before anyone blinks Zitao had moved from Liyin to Jongdae, giving the pregnant male a bone crushing hug.

“So…uh…let’s eat” Liyin announces.

“YEAH!!!!”

♥♥♥♥♥