Baeksoo's Suspicion

Oh My Baby!!

Jongdae had been tired a lot lately for the past two weeks. For normal people this would be a time for rejoice but for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo this was eerily unnerving. Especially when Jongdae started to crave pickled fish every hour of the day and reject coffee for its bitter taste that makes him want to cough blood ('Ew, Jongdae that is nasty' 'I have lung cancer Infront of coffee, it's supposed to happen'). Jongdae never turns down coffee and if he does it's mostly under LiYin's wonderful words of advice. 

"So what made the great Jongdae turn down coffee voluntarily?" Kyungsoo and Baekhyun would ask Jongdae during lunch. A normal Lunch time in Jongdae's office consists of Jongdae's rambunctious laughter and insults thrown back and forth from the trio. A normal lunch with Jongdae doesn't consist of Jongdae eating pickled fish and Baeksoo's interrogating session. 

"What?! I never turn down coffee" Jongdae slurps the tail of the whitetail fish and Baekhyun had to hold down his food. "I just kind of feel like vomiting everytime I see it, no big deal" he shrugs casually at the duo, who only questions his behavior more.

"Fine okay" Baekhyun raises a hand in defeat, "but mind explaining the sudden pickled fish obsession" Jongdae looks at the bottle on hand and twirls it around as a form of observation. Only the head remains on the bottle alone, swimming in a field filled with vinegar, and Jongdae drools at the sight. He always loves to the brain out of the dumb aquatic specimen, Kyungsoo thinks its unhygienic-- Jongdae doesn't give a poop.

"It taste good" Jongdae smiles, forcing his small hands inside the bottle and retrieving the head for his own pleasure. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo watches the vinegar slide gracefully from the head to Jongdae's arm, and they cringe in disgust as Jongdae's it down with his tongue. It was obscenely disgusting as well as mortifying and Baekhyun runs to the restroom without a second thought. Kyungsoo blanches in his sit. "Kyungsoo, you don't look so good. Are you sick?" Jongdae places a hand on Kyungsoo's forehead and Kyungsoo swears he could feel the scent of saliva and vinegar waft his nose like it was fighting a war.

"No, I'm not okay" Kyungsoo holds a hand up his mouth, "I think I'm gonna be sick" Seeing as Baekhyun was still in the restroom, Kyungsoo uses the open glass window as his form of freedom. Forcing out his kimchi spaghetti out of his system and into the innocent head of one unlucky bystander. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo was excused from work that afternoon due to sudden diarrhea and vomiting, Jongdae doesn't even question the two as he grabs another bottle of pickled fish from his drawer.

The duo finally asked Minseok to intervene three and a half weeks later when Jongdae started throwing things at them for being: very pretty and oh my gosh I just gained one pound yesterday. Minseok thinks that it's just Jongdae and his normal y self but the two begs to differ. Minseok wasn't there when Jongdae decided that picking a fight with a three years old boy was a fun experience. 

"That's just normal Jongdae" Minseok waves off, studying for his Human Anatomy test the next day, when Kyungsoo and Baekhyun decided to crash at his place. Minseok have been the only one in their gang who hadn't graduated yet, thinking that being a doctor would establish his place in the social hierarchy ('and be above Jongdae, muahaha!'). He was in his  last year in medical school and he didn't want anyone disturbing his moment of zen, especially with the news that Jongdae finally had gone loco. "A very normal Jongdae, who thinks three years old are a menace to society and must be eradicated from planet earth" 

"That was different!" Baekhyun screeches from his position on the couch, "this! This is just a whole other level, Kim Minseok. This is blasphemy"

"So Jongdae picking a fight with a three years old is blasphemy?" Minseok twirls himself around to face his friends, who he now observed has matching pale faces, that doesn't go well with nature. 

"Yeah, blasphemous on a way that he vomited on the poor boy!" Kyungsoo widens his eyes in remembrance of what took place, a few hours before. Minseok gawked at the information, processing it in his head over and over again, until it went overload. 

"And the mother didn't sue him?"

"No, we ran before the boy could call the mother" Baekhyun covers his head in embarrassment at the memory. "And we might have bribed the boy with ice cream"

Minseok frowns at the knowledge of his friends bribing a innocent three years old boy with ice cream. "You guys are sick"

"We know"

A moment of silence passed between them before Minseok opens his mouth again, "so where was Yixing when all of this happened?"

"He went back to China" Baekhyun seems to be back in his normal color now and Minseok sighs in relief. A pale Baekhyun is a scary Baekhyun, "something about meeting with the wedding planner and Yoona's mother for the upcoming October wedding?"

"Wait, Yixing's engaged?" 

"Well, yeah" Kyungsoo gets himself a can of coke from Minseok's refrigerator. "To LiYin's cousin, didn't we ever tell you that?"

"No" Minseok shakes his head, "so Yixing's engaged and Jongdae's okay with that?"

"Uhmm..duh" Baekhyun takes a sip from the can, "why wouldn't he be? He just accepted the offer of being the best man about a month ago"

"A month ago? Yixing and Jongdae met a month ago" 

"Why are you asking a lot of questions, Minseok?" 

"Cause I might be on to something" Minseok walks towards a drawer near the bookshelf to retrieve something from the third box. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stares at Minseok's back each with question marks above their heads, wondering what was on the medical student's brain. Minseok wiggles his for a few seconds and exclaims, "I found it!!"

"Found what?" Minseok skips at the two male and presents a single white pregnancy test, brand new and untouched. Baekhyun raises a brow and Kyungsoo looks amaze at the small contraption. "Why are you giving us a pregnancy test Minseok? This doesn't really solve our problem"

"Actually, it kind of does" Minseok places the pregnancy on Baekhyun's open palm. "From what you told me about Jongdae's craving, mood changes and sudden vomiting. I have deduced that our dear insensitive bastard is pregnant or at least I hope he is, with all the pregnancy symptoms he's exhibiting"

"Pregnancy symptoms? But his a boy with a small " Kyungsoo observes the pregnancy test and Baekhyun questions the other boys IQ level before turning back to Minseok. "Are you trying to trick us?" 

"I won't actually call this tricking, it's more like experimenting" Minseok goes back to his sit, "and that's the only solution I could think of at the moment" Baekhyun nods in understanding before grabbing the contraption from Kyungsoo's curious hand and safely tucking it on his clutch bag. "Now tell me, are Jongdae and Yixing back on speaking terms now?"

"They're talking more, I guess" Kyungsoo pulls out his phone to check for any message from Jongdae. He frowns at the snapchat of a basket filled with strawberry with the caption: I'm in the mood for strawbeeeerrrries!!!

"Jongdae's back to his clingy self around Yixing. So I think they're back to their old lifestyle" Baekhyun furrows his eyebrow in thought. "Didn't LiYin say something about Jongdae being punched on the 15th?"

"Yeah" Kyungsoo nods, "Jongdae got one big bruise just above the right , it was nasty" Minseok raises a brow as a thought comes to him, before shaking it off. It was humanly impossible for that to happen especially with Jongdae's not so hidden vendetta towards Yixing. "And if I could remember correctly, he was limping the whole day"

"Limping?" Minseok pales a little. 

"Yeah, I think Yixing really beat him up" Baekhyun adds as an afterthought, glancing at the clock by the window and standing up. "I guess it's time for us to go. Good luck on your test tomorrow, Minseok" 

Minseok walks them to the door, "see you tomorrow guys and Baekhyun make sure to get me the results tomorrow"

"Aye, aye hyung" Baekhyun salutes before slinging an arm over Kyungsoo to finally leave the medical student alone. About three meters away Baekhyun stops, "By the way Minseok! Why do you have a pregnancy test on your drawer?" Minseok wants to strangle Baekhyun for his loud mouth and Suho, his neighbor, worse timing.