D-Drama

Oh My Baby!!

Yixing’s never home. Yoona believes it's because he's busy with his work but Kris begs to differ. Yixing's hasn't been at work for a few days now and she's suddenly unnerve with the way Yixing has been acting. Yixing and her relationship had been dwindling down into nothing and Yoona knows that even with the baby, Yixing will never look at her the same way. Yixing's only staying with her because of the baby but unless Yoona dispose Yixing's mysterious ex-lover, her fiancé would never be hers.

A week without Yixing is enough to make her go crazy. A week without Yixing is enough for her to think her actions through. Her revenge to get him back. A week without Yixing made her bored and she decided to clean the whole apartment with Liyin helping her.

“So, the weddings off between you and Jongdae” Yoona starts the conversation while Liyin hums as an answer. “It took you awhile to leave that pesky human being.”

“Yoona” Liyin scolds the other. “I know you have this little grudge on Jongdae for something but you don't have the right to judge him. He’s still the best man of your fiancé”

“What Yixing doesn't know won't hurt him” Yoona shrugs, going through Yixing's drawer. She was always the nosy, suspicious, type and more than once does this irritate the people around her. It was on the bottom part of the drawer that she saw something that had her heart plummet to the ground.

A simple brown envelope with the name of her doctor, Huang Zitao, on the side. The words ultrasound below it and Yoona tries to remember if she ever gave Yixing a copy of their child’s ultrasound. Liyin glances at her cousin in curiosity. It was unlikely for Yoona to be quiet and something must be wrong when she hears the younger sniffle. “Yoona, what's wrong?”

“No, this isn't happening” Yoona whispers as she takes the ultrasound out of the envelope and getting slapped in the face by reality. It was an ultrasound of a baby boy, yes, but not hers. A baby boy that is acknowledge by Yixing with an unknown female. Oh, so she thinks. “Luna? Yixing cheated on me with Luna?! This isn't happening!”

Liyin runs to her cousin who was crying hysterically on the floor. Tearing the ultrasound, trying to erase the fact that Yixing had been lying to her. Infidelity, if there's something Yoona can't ever take it would be being cheated on. This is what Liyin calls Karma on her cousin’s part. Yoona thinks this is betrayal. “Yoona calm down. The baby, remember the baby”

“The baby!! I don't care about the baby. I just want Yixing back with me” Yoona screeches, tears falling endlessly from her beautiful doe eyes. “He can't have a child with another. Not just anyone but with that filthy Luna Lovegood. I should have just disposed of her when I was given the opportunity to.”

“Yoona, don't say nonsense”

“Nonsense! No this isn't nonsense.” Yoona screams and Liyin fights the urge to slam her cousins face on the nearest hard thing she could find. Maybe hanging out with Jongdae for so long made her sadistic but somewhat the thought sounds good for a moment. “I will kill her. I will kill her and her child.”

“Yoona, stop!” Liyin reasons out trying not to lose her cool. “Don’t say things like that or else it would come right back at you.”

“I don't care. I want my fiancé back.” Yoona cries. “We are getting married Liyin. He can't just leave me”

“If he stayed this long with you then he won't” Liyin says. “Believe me Yoona”

“Believe you! Liyin we are two different persons. If you and Jongdae can just forget five years of hardships together, I ing can't!” Yoona growls at her cousin. “Yixing is my property! He sold his soul to my family and he isn't allowed to back out in the agreement.”

“What? What do you mean?”

~~~~~~

Yixing lays on Jongdae's lap while reading the survival guide Baekhyun had given him after the doctor’s appointment. Jongdae's fingers threads through the other’s hair while watching SpongeBob. “So, you're not allowed to eat pickled fish from Wednesday to Friday or else you'll puke?”

“That was four months ago” Jongdae answers. “Some of the things written there are scraped off the list. Except for the soymilk one”

“I thought you don’t like soymilk” Yixing purrs, loving the fingers through his hair.

“People do weird things while they're pregnant” Jongdae shrugs, looking down for a moment before turning his attention back to the television screen. “I also get sick around coffee. So please don't go making coffee carelessly. I hate those things”

“Noted” Yixing gets up from his position when he hears his phone ring. Jongdae is still too focused on squid ward and SpongeBob’s argument that he didn't notice Yixing slipping out the room to answer his phone call from Yoona. “Hello?”

“I want you to come home, right now” Yoona weakly says before ending the call and leaving Yixing confused. That was a weird conversation but Yixing knows that if Yoona sound dead serious he should heed her orders. Yixing didn't really want to see his fiancée [insert a quiver here] but a week is enough for him to gather her thoughts and visit his fiancée. The last time Yixing went home was when the doctor’s appointment happened.

“Jongdae-ah, I need to visit Yoona for a while. Is that alright?” Yixing asked as wraps his arms around Jongdae.

Jongdae looks up to come nose to nose with Yixing, raising a brow. “I don’t see the reason why you should ask for my permission.”

“I don't want you to miss me” Yixing teases and Jongdae elbows him in the gut for being smug. A week with Jongdae had made him realize how much he missed being around his bestfriend and be sickeningly sweet with each other (Kyungsoo's words). Jongdae had been happy lately with Yixing around and the gang couldn't be happier with the presence of their missing link. Yixing might have Yoona's physical presence to keep him company for five years but nothing beats a week with Jongdae, and only Jongdae.

“Go” Jongdae says. “We wouldn't want the queen waiting, would we?”

“I guess you're right” Yixing smiles, giving Jongdae small peck on the forehead and running away before the other could kick him in the for invading his personal space. Jongdae is still mad at him but it's nothing Yixing can't handle.

~~~~

Yixing takes his time in going home. It’s a leisure walk from Jongdae's apartment to his shared condo with Yoona and he was in no rush to go home. Yoona should learn to wait for him because not everything Yoona wants she gets.

As Yixing approaches his destination, he sees a newly opened antique store by the corner, and he wanted to check some of its stuff for a while. Maybe he could find something for Jongdae as a gift of apology. Yoona could wait.

~~~~

“Where is he?!” Yoona walks around in circles while her cousin stares at her in defeat. Liyin is tired of Yoona being a jealous, selfish, prick and if she didn’t have an image to uphold she would have slapped the female senseless. “He should be here!”

“Relax Yoona. Learn to be patient, please?”

“I can’t be patient when I’m angry Liyin. This is urgent Yixing should have known that”

“Not everything revolves around you, Yoona” Liyin growls coming face to face with her cousin. “Maybe this is the reason Yixing cheated on you. You’re too selfish”

“ME? SELFISH?! I’am not selfish when all I ever did was give Yixing the love his first love never gave to—“

“He loved Yixing!” Liyin screams back at the younger female, eyes blazing in anger. Yoona goes silent at the words. Liyin never got angry. Why are they angry at her? If they had the right to be angry it would be on Luna Lovegood or Yixing’s past lover – him. Anyone just not her. “You don’t know what they’ve been through Yoona. So you have no right to judge them”

“How? Yixing’s always been secretive about him. So how do you know Liyin?”

“Because I was there” Liyin’s anger dissipates into sadness, not for herself, but for the past. “I was there when he cries for Yixing every night. I was there when he would lock himself in his room every Valentines day. I was there…I was there when their love story ended because of you!”

Liyin remembers bumping into a crying Jongdae during college. She remembers the way Jongdae’s hands were quivering when he tried to help her with her fallen things. Liyin remembers, during the first year of their relationship, Jongdae out to Yixing in his dreams and then forgetting all of it in the morning. She remembers the way Jongdae would drown himself with work whenever Valentines came. And she remembers clearly, the light on a 20 year old Jongdae’s eyes whenever Yixing was around. Maybe this was the reason she willingly let Jongdae go, because she knows she will never be enough to have Jongdae look at her the same way.

“Who is it?” Yoona breathes.

“What?”

“Who are you referring to? Who is Yixing’s ex-lover?” Yoona’s eyes blazes in anger.

“I-I can’t tell you”

“Why?! Is it because you’re afraid I would hurt him?” Liyin takes a step back as Yoona takes a step forward. Yoona could hurt her, she knows that perfectly, but Liyin would protect Jongdae at all cost. Jongdae was a past-lover, yes, but he was still friend. “It’s Jongdae, isn’t it?”

“Yoona?”

“Answer me! It’s Jongdae, isn’t it?” Yoona shouts loud and clear.

“What’s going on here?” Yixing says as he walks towards the two quarrelling female, a paper bag on hand. Liyin pushes Yoona’s towering figure away from her before grabbing her things and leaving the vicinity. “Yoona?”

“You cheated” Yoona says.

“What?!”

“You cheated!” Yoona throws the brown envelope infront of Yixing. Malice in her eyes and voice. Yixing picks up the envelope from the ground without hesitation, fear. Yixing had known this would happen, sooner or later. “How could you Yixing? We’re having a child together. You can’t just suddenly decide to have another son with someone like Luna.”

“Luna?” Yixing whispers confused until he remembers Luhan’s warnings. Luna was a pseudonym for Jongdae in case anything goes wrong. The gang is well-prepared for this types of things. “Let’s calmly talk this through, Yoona”

“No. I want answers now Yixing. Why did you do this? We are having a child together. Don’t you understand?”

“We? No Yoona it’s more like you decided to have my child without my consent.” Yixing yells back at the other. “You talk about illegitimacy, thousands of time, and yet you failed to think about your own. Yes, your baby is biologically mine but I don’t acknowledge him! I don’t!”

Silence fills the room as Yoona tries to sink the information in her system. Yixing is gradually falling back into a much calmer state. They stare at each other for a few moments before she opened . “Leave Yixing!”

Yixing doesn't even think twice in following her orders, packing up his bags, and leaving Yoona alone in their condominium. Yoona needs to calm herself down and when she's calm enough then they’ll talk.

~~~

Yixing rings the doorbell twice before he hears footsteps and the door opens widely. “Are you okay? You look tired.”

“She kicked me out” Yixing shrugs as if it wasn't a heavy matter. “Now I’m homeless. Would you mind if I stay with you for a while?”

“Do you cook?”

“I could make a few things”

“Good enough” Jongdae smiles at Yixing, ushering the elder inside his small apartment. You think with all the money Jongdae has in his bank account he would stay in a much larger and expensive place but no. Jongdae loves to be simple than elegant.

“Do you want me to cook dinner?” Yixing asked after he finished putting all of his things to its rightful place besides Jongdae's. Yixing can't use the guest room anymore, seeing as how the gang had started the renovation, and Jongdae was kind enough to share his bed to Yixing.

“Nah, let's go out to eat” Jongdae smiles at him.

“Are you paying?”

“Nope, you are” Jongdae grabs a hold of Yixing hand. “Come on”