Dilemma

Oh My Baby!!

Minseok feels a little bit guilty at keeping a very dark secret from his bestfriend. Though it’s not as dark as he would like to believe but with this new information there would be a high possibility that Jongdae will definitely give up Baby Zhang for adoption and Minseok doesn’t want that. Jongdae was willing to submit his son, according to Luhan, the exact same situation Jongdae was in 23 years ago.

Jongdae was never a Kim to begin with. He was that one lucky boy CEO Kim Sunggyu had adopted as an heir to his successful trading company. Jongdae was that one kid, born by an unnecessary and idiotic mistake. Jongdae was lucky to be born. Jongdae was that one big mistake meant to be buried under the depths of hell and the younger male despised it. Despised it with all his heart and if it wasn’t for Yixing, he would still continue to despise himself and his unnamed/ faceless mother. And now that Minseok had thought about all of this, he would like to succumb himself to eternal sleep.

“Stop worrying about it” Luhan says, handing Minseok a cup of calming jasmine tea. It has been four days since the meeting and Minseok is still conflicted about telling his bestfriend about this small bits of information or leaving Yixing to do the inevitable soon. But knowing his nerves he would do it sooner or later. “Fate would decide whether it would be the right time for Jongdae to know the truth. Just for now breathe Minseok.”

“I can’t do this” Minseok ruffles his hair in frustration. “I cant keep this from him and he must never find out about this. I don’t want him to give up Baby Zhang, no matter how I despise his Yixing, I can’t give that baby up for another family”

“You wouldn’t have. We wouldn’t have to. Jongdae wouldn’t have to” Luhan offers with a comforting pat. “Whether you say it or not, or if Jongdae makes a decision right away, we still have about five months to convince him in keeping the baby”

“He still wouldn’t though” Minseok snorts, “He has Liyin. I wouldn’t think he would love to keep Baby Zhang while Liyin is still there”

“Liyin’s a nice girl. She’ll get by” Luhan smiles. “What I’m concerned about is Yoona? She’s knows something that we don’t and I wouldn’t think she would take the existence of Baby Zhang nicely”

“You think” Minseok takes a small sip from his tea to calm himself further and a bout of silence befalls on them. “This wouldn’t have happened if Yixing just gave Jongdae an explanation five years ago?”

“Yeah it was a very bad move on Yixing’s part” Luhan agrees with a scowl. “I mean who breaks up with their three year boyfriend just after . That’s unheard of, man!!” Luhan screams in disbelief and Minseok nods in agreement. “If I was your friend before I would have cursed Yixing to lifelong misery”

“I remembered Kyungsoo doing voodoo before” Minseok remembers a gothic looking Kyungsoo, murmuring spells of the darkness, while stabbing a Yixing looking doll repeatedly during college. Kyungsoo was very determined to make Yixings life a living hell back then but the male suddenly disappeared to nowhere. That was the start of Kyungsoo’s obsession with the demonic cult and Baekhyun’s headaches (don’t ask). “I always wondered why it never worked if it did worked on Baekhyun”

“That’s because Baekhyun mixed up the spell. I’m sure careless, careless, shoot anonymous, anonymous, isn’t a spell” Luhan informs.

“Oh? Might as well never tell Kyungsoo that”

“Yeah”

~~~~~~

“Liyin called today” Jongdae says while flipping the channels of his television, bored out of his mind. Jongdae’s babysitter that morning was a very irritated Baekhyun which had forced Jongdae to stay in his room for the whole day while plotting ways in killing Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo might have casted a voodoo spell on the elder again and Jongdae could only sigh in relief when Minseok came to take his shift.

“And…What did she say?” Minseok pops his head out of the kitchen.

“Just wanted to ask if I could make it on Monday”

“And?”

“I said I can't” Jongdae answered.

“And why can't you? Minseok says, sitting himself beside Jongdae after setting a gray tray filled with snacks on the table.

“I don't know. Guilt maybe?” Jongdae sighs in exhaustion. “Nerves? I just don’t want to see her for a few weeks or probably months…but then that would make me a really horrible boyfriend”

“It really would” Minseok agrees. “But chill Jongdae. LiYin's a nice girl she'll understand. She always does.”

“I guess so” Jongdae says and for a beat of a moment there was silence. Comforting silence before Jongdae decided to open his mouth again. “So you haven't visited me for four days. Why is that Minseok?”

“I got busy with school” Minseok answers and it wasn't a lie. Minseok did have too much things to do for school and certain personal reasons. Luhan had taken all of Minseok's shifts without another word and at first Baekhyun was mad with the sudden change of schedule. Baekhyun was everything Jongdae is when it comes to time. They both valued it but if it wasn't for Luhan's magic Baekhyun would still continue to ruin Minseok's life. “Did you miss me, baby?”

“Yeah” Jongdae answers leaning on his friends shoulder. Jongdae was always the affectionate type. “Baekhyun's too much of a blabber mouth to live with. Kyungsoo's too uptight. Luhan's too mysterious and I kind of missed your warmth, hyung.”

Minseok's heart constricts at the compliment from his favorite faux brother. Now Minseok finds it hard to hide a secret from someone like Jongdae. “I miss your warmth, too” Minseok hugs Jongdae tightly to at least ease some of his guilt.

“Minseok hyung, do you really think I'm a bad boyfriend?”

“No Jongdae. Why do you ask that?”

“it's just…” a deep intake of breath from Jongdae and Minseok feels his friend wither in his hold, as if giving up on life, just probably love. “It’s just…it's the second time hyung. First Yixing, now Liyin. I don't really think I could take it if Liyin leave.”

“Liyin won't leave you” Minseok assure Jongdae, confidently. Minseok believes that LiYin's love for Jongdae is strong enough to last a lifetime but then he remembers it was the same for Yixing. Once upon a time Jongdae was in love, too much into love, that it broke him when it ended. Then Liyin came and picked every broken pieces of Jongdae's heart, mend it back it together, and Minseok is forever grateful of her for this. “She loves you too much to do what Yixing did”

“You think so?”

“I know so” Minseok beams at Jongdae who gives him his own bright smile.

“Thank you, hyung” Jongdae says sincerely. “You're the best.”

“I know” Minseok says smugly.

“And because you are such a good friend.” Jongdae pinches Minseok’s cheeks fondly while the older tries to bat the hand away from his face. “I decided that if I ever decided to keep the baby, I’m naming him after you or probably Baekhyun. It depends”

“Huh?” Minseok asked dumbly. “Are you trying to tell me you’re considering on keeping Baby Zhang.”

“Maybe.” Jongdae grins mischievously. “I’ve thought about it for weeks and somehow it seems right to keep baby Zhang within arm’s reach. I’m sure Liyin doesn’t mind”

“But Yoona might” Minseok whispers.

“Huh? Did you say anything Minseok?”

“Nope.” Minseok answers with a frantic shake of the head. “I’m just happy that you’ve thought of keeping baby Zhang.”

“It’s still a thought” Jongdae points out. “I could still push through to adoption if something bad happens.”

“Is-is that a premonition?”

“Beats me”

~~~~~~~

“You are awfully quiet” Baekhyun comments while he, Kyungsoo and Minseok are out on their daily shopping trip in a baby store. Baekhyun is very much bent on spoiling a still unborn baby Zhang thus the weekly trip to the store. Kyungsoo tags along just for the fun of it and sometimes Luhan. This is Minseok’s first time being in the said shopping trip with the eccentric diva. “Is something wrong Minseok?”

“Uh…no” Minseok plays with a cute hippo moomin in his hands. “I… I’m just thinking about my midterm.”

“Are you sure?” Kyungsoo pops behind Minseok and the elder lets out an unmanly squeal of surprise.

“Don’t do that” Minseok puts a hand on his chest. “And yes I’m sure. Nothing’s wrong”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Cross your heart. Hope to die”

“Uh…” Minseok stares at both of the males dumbly. “If I lie does this mean I die?”

“Depends.” Baekhyun shrugs. “It could I guess. It’s not too late to test the theory.”

“I would rather not” Minseok states before sighing and now his friends are really concerned. Minseok never sighs. Minseok never cares just like Kyungsoo. Minseok is always collected but for the first time in five years, he looks awfully tired and Baekhyun is curious. Very curious.

“Spill” Baekhyun orders and Minseok’s dam broke. Secrets spilling out from his mouth and into the ears of his horror-stricken friend. Baekhyun’s eyes twitched when Yoona’s name is enunciated in Minseok’s mouth and Kyungsoo’s eyes couldn’t get any wider than the moon. When Minseok finally settled down, it took three minutes for the others’ brains to function. “Well were in some deep , don’t you think? But we would only agree on one thing don’t tell Jongdae.”

“But Baekhyun.”

“I want to keep Baby Zhang as much as you do, Minseok” Baekhyun states with determination gleaming in his eyes. “And if keeping Yoona’s pregnancy a secret is the only way to achieve that dream then so be it.”

“But we can’t keep it a secret forever, Baekhyun” Kyungsoo tries to reason and Baekhyun glares at him.

“Then what do you propose us to do. Walk up to him and announce: Hey Jongdae! Yoona’s pregnant and that baby inside of you is really a mistake on both of you and Yixing’s part. But even if that happened we still want you to keep the baby. Is that what you want to tell Jongdae, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun stares the smaller male down who stands like a statue infront of him. Minseok looks conflicted and white from behind Kyungsoo and Baekhyun is afraid to turn around. 

♥♥♥♥♥

Preview: The gang goes back in time with the help of Luhan to unveil the truth between Jongdae and Yixing.