A Doctor's Appointment

Oh My Baby!!

“What is this?! What is the meaning of this?!” Jongdae stares at three of his friends in disbelief, a tied up Zitao on the couch with a paper stuck on his head. Minseok wonders what the paper represents with its weird calligraphic writing on it.

“They’ve kidnapped me” Zitao yells his answer before Baekhyun slaps a sock onto the younger’s mouth, irritated with the other’s whining.

“Baekhyun? What is Doctor Huang doing here?” Jongdae turns to his always dependable friend (read: eccentric friend).

“A man must do what he must-in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures, and that is the basis of human morality” Baekhyun informs his friends who stares at him in confusion. Kyungsoo puts a ball gag in Baekhyun’s mouth.

“What?!”

“He said he’s a moron” Kyungsoo states the obvious. “And that we’re blackmailing Zitao for your doctor’s appointment this Wednesday.”

“Why do you need to blackmail him?” Minseok asked, helping Zitao out of his hands but Luhan pushes him away. Luhan was having the time of his life taking embarrassing pictures of Zitao. ‘You could always just ask him like a civilized person.”

“Where would the fun be in that?” Luhan answers, “You’ve blackmailed me before now it’s his turn.”

“We never blackmailed you” Minseok says in defense for their action a couple of months before. “We just kind of tortured you for answers.”

“That’s worse”

“Yeah, now that I think about it. It kind of does”

“Well, we could always blame Baekhyun for everything” Kyungsoo informs them with a huge smile and Baekhyun tries to defend himself but is unable to do so with his ball gag on. “But back to the matter at hand. Jongdae, meet your new doctor Zitao. Zitao, this is Jongdae your new patient”

“Mppphhh….mpph mprrhhh”

“What?”

“Wait a second” Luhan takes the sock from Zitao’s mouth before slapping the male. “Behave, okay?”

“You didn’t have to slap me” Zitao whines at his teacher. Luhan just smiles at him in amusement before skipping to sit beside Baekhyun. “Uh… what about my binds?”

“You look good in them. Keep them”

“Wha- Luhan!!!” Zitao screeches and Jongdae having enough of the commotion makes a move to untie Zitao himself.

“Okay?” Jongdae asked the male who grins at him happily for the freedom he was gladly offered. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Luhan groans at the pregnant male’s random act of kindness. Zitao’s pain was fun while it lasted.

“Thank you, gege” Zitao squishes Jongdae to a hug and the latter tries to push him away.

“Personal space. Personal space, please. I need it”

“Oh. Sorry, gege” Zitao grins at his new favorite hyung and whoever Zitao deems as a favorite hyung gets his undying loyalty. Zitao promises to keep his new favorite hyung safe and Luhan whines when he read his apprentice mind.

“That’s unfair, Zitao!” Luhan cries in his sit. “How can you be loyal to him just because of that one act?! You’re never loyal to me?”

“Because you’re insufferable” Zitao glares at his teacher before taking the weird paper in his forehead and freezing Luhan’s time. The gang stares at the display of magic in wonder before being replaced with confusion.

“You have powers?”

“Well duh, Luhan’s my mentor”

“How did he read your mind?”

“Luhan’s a telepath, didn’t you know that?”

“What?!”

“Luhan’s a telepath” Zitao reiterates observing his fingernails in boredom while his acquaintances and favorite gege hyperventilates. “He reads minds and I wouldn’t be surprise if he knows something you all didn’t.”

“So all his weirdness was not because he’s a fortuneteller,” Minseok says from shock, “But because he’s a telepath.”

“Luhan’s not a fortuneteller” Kyungsoo interjects. “He’s a witch. Two different things.”

“Truthfully, I don’t see the difference”

Kyungsoo glares at the older but doesn’t say anything more, turning to Zitao instead. “So Zitao since you’ve, mentally, pledge your loyalty to my dear sadistic friend Jongdae…”

“Hey! I’am not sadistic”

“…we were wondering if you wanted to check up on baby Zhang’s progress this Wednesday” Kyungsoo continues.

“I don’t know” Zitao rubs his chin in thought. “I have lots of patient that day. I don’t know if I co…”

“Listen you stinking panda!” Minseok exclaims pointing a finger in the younger’s nose in irritation. Minseok can get scary whenever Baby Zhang’s needs cannot be met. Minseok down too deep with taking care of Baby Zhang that he could kill someone if the unborn baby is not taken care of or forgotten. “My friend here is probably six months pregnant…”

“Actually it’s five…”

“Mpppphhh…”

“I thought it was four…”

“…I said probably!” Minseok glares at his friends who zips their mouth at the unspoken threat in Minseok’s eyes. “He’s probably between those months, we don’t know. But what I do know is that if you won’t give a stinking half hour just for Baby Zhang’s check-up I would castrate you and feed it to my dog”

“You don’t have a dog” Jongdae points out.

“Then I will buy one and do the inevitable.” Minseok exclaims. “You hear me?”

“Yes sir” Zitao salutes, too afraid of the man infront of him. When Minseok pulls back, Zitao scrambles to hide behind Jongdae who pats him awkwardly in head for comfort. “Gege, he’s scary.”

“There. There, Young one” Jongdae comforts the other while glaring at Minseok. Jongdae always have a soft spot for anyone younger than him. Kyungsoo doesn’t count.

“So now that it’s all set in stone” Kyungsoo dusts himself up. “Why don’t we get dinner?”

“Yeah!” Minseok and Jongdae shouts in happiness.

“Mppphhh!!” Baekhyun tries to exclaim his happiness until Kyungsoo, having mercy on him, takes the ball gag off the other. “Yeah!!”

“You know you weren’t tied up. Why didn’t you just take it off?” Zitao asked.

“No, the correct question is: why does Kyungsoo have a ballgag in his pocket?” Baekhyun wiggles his brows while Kyungsoo blushes a deep red. Minseok, Jongdae, and Zitao tries to stifle their laughter afraid of the smaller male’s wrath.

“Shut up!” Kyungsoo stomps out of Jongdae’s apartment followed by the other four.

It was when the group was enjoying their dessert when they remembered a still frozen Luhan in Jongdae’s couch. “It’s Karma” Zitao shrugs and the others nod in agreement.

~~~~~~

“I hate all of you!” Luhan cries, pulling his dress down while supporting a bloated stomach, wig in place and make-up to make him the perfect pregnant female on a trip to the doctor. Jongdae sympathizes with Luhan while the others laugh behind them.

“But look at the bright side Luhan. You’re helping a friend” Jongdae smiles and the male tries to bite Jongdae’s arms in shoulder off.

“This is what I call karma” Baekhyun laughs beside Luhan when Jongdae backs away from Luhan, afraid of the other harming him anyway possible. “Made you think about your actions don’t you?”

“I won’t ever play rock paper scissors against all of you” Luhan declares, stomping his way to Zitao’s clinic.

~~~~~~

Liyin sits alongside his cousin while they wait for Yoona’s doctor to come in for Yoona’s appointment to start. It’s the first time Liyin was invited to see an unborn baby while still on the mother’s womb and she’s excited. Yoona had insisted for her to come since Yixing was nowhere to be seen. Typical Yixing but if Liyin thinks about it ever since Yoona announced about her pregnancy the male became a little bit distant. Liyin wanted to ask her cousin about this but she respects the two lover’s privacy.

“Good afternoon, Ladies” Huang Zitao, Yoona’s doctor for the month, greets them with a smile and clipboard in hand. Zitao stares at them for a moment before a look of recognition passes to the other’s eyes and disappearing into nothing but excitement and amusement. Amused about what? Liyin doesn’t know. “Reviewing your records, I see that Ms. Im…”

“It’s Mrs. Zhang” Yoona cuts in.

“I’m sorry but unless your fiancé puts a ring on your finger, I will continue to address you as Ms. Im” Zitao informs the female with a carefree smile and Yoona glares at him venomously. Yoona promises to never set an appointment with Doctor Huang for next month. He was too disrespectful. “As I was saying, Ms. Im according to your record about three months ago you had an in vitro fertilization, is that correct?”

“In vitro?” Liyin whispers in confusion. Why was Yoona having a baby through in-vitro? She was sure Yoona was a healthy female capable of producing her own offspring, so why?

“Yes”

“And you’re here for a check-up on your baby Im’s progress”

“It’s Baby Zhang” Yoona insist and Zitao fights the urge to roll his eyes on the female’s persistence. “But yes doctor, I’am here for a check-up”

“Okay then” Zitao claps, gesturing the two female to follow him into the examination room. As they enter the examination room Liyin notices a woman by the corner awaiting their arrival.

“This is Uee, he would be assisting you for a few moments while I check up on another patient. I’ll be back, Toodles” Zitao waves at them before closing the door of the examination room and Liyin thinks that if Zitao was to be introduced with her fiancé they would get along quite well. Turning around from the door, Liyin sees her cousin all lied up in bed while Uee fusses around her. Liyin takes a sit on the only stool beside Yoona as Uee finishes her work, leaves out the room, and call for doctor Huang. “This would be a fun examination, don’t you think?”

~~~~

Zitao speeds from one corridor to the next looking for his ‘friends’ and mentor, bearing good news like no other. After the fifth turn he bumps into a very grumpy Luhan before screeching, “Code red! Code Red! Fiancées alert”

“What?!” Luhan asked his apprentice while the others looked at the frantic Zitao in confusion.

“Fiancees alert!” Zitao reiterates, hands flailing above his head, almost hitting a nurse in the head. “Unicorn queen and Ms. Perfect are here for a doctor’s appointment. Bad timing, I tell you. Bad!”

“But we can’t postpone today” Minseok wails at the other’s face. “It’s my only time off from school”

“Same” The Baeksoo duo chorus.

“B-but aren’t you guys afraid of them finding out about your secrets” Zitao tells his friend.

“Yeah” Jongdae answers. “And that’s why we have a dressed-up Luhan here” He points to Luhan and Zitao takes in the sight before snorting in amusement.

“Do not laugh” Luhan glares at his apprentice, hand poised to strangle the living day lights out of Zitao. Zitao continue to snort to keep his laughter in, he might be taller but Luhan is scary if he wanted to, and he isn’t taking any chances.

“How did they even persuade you to dress up like an ugly ahjumma?”

“I’am not ugly!!!” Luhan lunges at Zitao but gets pulled back by his friends. Zitao finally laughs when Baekhyun answers for Luhan.

“He hard at rock, paper, scissors”

“You guys cheated!!!”

~~~~~

Yoona stares at the ceiling in boredom while Liyin hums a song under her breath. Yoona knows something was bothering her cousin. Liyin never hums when they’re together, choosing to blabber about her life with Yoona something she got from her boyfriend. “Come on, spit it out”

“Spit what out?” Liyin asked her cousin and Yoona raises a brow.

“You want to know why I had in-vitro fertilization, don’t you?” Liyin stays silent for a minute before murmuring an almost inaudible yes. Yoona sighs at her cousin’s curiosity before opening to answer. She trusts Liyin. she won’t say anything. “Yixing. Yixing never touches me”

“What?” Liyin looks at her cousin. “What do you mean he never touches you?”

“For the past five years we’ve been together he never once had with me. I tried everything to get him past the first base but it never happens. Yixing’s just too distant” Yoona says with a hint of sadness and Liyin feels bad for her cousin. Yoona wasn’t as conservative as Liyin. While Liyin believes in waiting it out after marriage, Yoona doesn’t.

“Maybe Yixing waits after marriage”

“Yixing’s no , Liyin” Yoona states, seriously. “I know because we were school mates before. He had someone before me and I don’t know who that person is. But I hate her.”

“Then why, in vitro?” Liyin asked after a beat of silence.

“I needed a reason to keep Yixing beside me” Yoona answers. “I did it without his consent. He was drunk when I took some sample from him. He was drunk but not enough to fully take advantage of him”

“Did he get angry?”

“He didn’t talk to me for a few days” Yoona recalls the bitter memory where Yixing didn’t go home to their apartment and instead stayed with a friend.

“I’m back muchachas!!!” Zitao announces slamming the door hard and loud breaking the tense atmosphere between the two females. “Let us begin!”

♥♥♥♥♥

Preview: The gang sees Baby Zhang for the first time after a mishap. and is there such a thing called a hearing tom?