Little Gryffindor

Oh My Baby!!

A/N: This is Special Chapter Number Four... Zhihan makes the toughest decision of his life and fulfills one of his Uncle's dreams. Some things here might not be accurate since I never read Harry Potter before (boo!). This is not edited also and... I read a tweet about this and it wasnt a bad idea.  Okay Bye~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment Jongdae saw a white owl resting on his window with a letter in its beak he knows Luhan was about to meet his end. It's not every day a nocturnal bird comes visiting in their house for no other reason than to cause more trouble for the Zhang family. Jongdae should have known that befriending Luhan was a bad idea especially when two more owls land on his window each holding different emblem letters in their beaks.

 

"Jongdae breath, don't lose your cool" Jongdae inhales and exhales as he tries to digest the situation. All three owls stare at Jongdae waiting for him to free them from their duties. "This is just a dream" Jongdae pats himself in the face as he wills himself to erase the existence of four-- wait four. "Four! I swear to god when I find you Luhan I'm burying you alive!!!"

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"Four acceptance letter" Luhan whistles at the sight of four letters with different emblems laying innocently in front of him. Jongdae's trying to keep his cool while Yixing is as amused as Luhan at the sight. "Didn’t know Zhihan had it in him. Beauxbatons, Mahoutokoro, Hogwarts and Durmstrang"

 

"Durmstrang?!" Jongdae shrieks as he rushes to grab Luhan by the collar a strange look in his eyes. "My son is not going to Durmstrang, you hear me! Heck, he's not allowed to go in any of those institutions." Jongdae shakes the witch in his hold frantically. Luhan's getting dizzy from the assault and even with Yixing's help Jongdae has a firm hold on the witch.

 

"Jongdae, stop. Luhan's turning green" Yixing softly whispers, gently trying to pry Jongdae's hold on the poor witch. It takes three more shakes before Jongdae relents and plops on the sit just infront of Luhan.

 

"This is bad" Jongdae rubs his face in frustration. "This is really bad"

 

"It is not!" Luhan exclaims after recovering from the assault as he reads through one of the letters. "It's an honor to be accepted to these schools. They're one of a kind and only a few are lucky enough to be given spots in Durmstrang. Zhihan's a lucky boy"

 

"My son's a muggle-born. Why is he even eligible for Durmstrang?" Yixing sits himself beside Jongdae as he takes the Durmstrang letter and reading through its content with great interest. It would be fun to have a son that is an expert in Black Magic.

 

"Your son is a product of the forbidden forest. He's very witchly if you think about it" Luhan points out and that doesn’t help Jongdae feel better. "Now pick a school to accept. He could study in Mahoutokuro if you don’t want him that far away from you or Hogwarts which offers great magic programs for my nephew"

 

"How about none of them." Jongdae states as he leans his head on Yixing's shoulder. "These schools doesn’t even teach him the basic subjects. Zhihan needs to go to a proper school, not some academies that offer magic courses"

 

Yixing nods in agreement. "This is an honor, really, but Zhihan's gonna inherit the company someday. I think this wouldn’t prepare him for the future."

 

"I would totally be with you on that but remember Zhihan is still a witch whether you like it or not. That's the effect of the water on him" Luhan explains to his friends feeling sympathetic for duo. "Zhihan needs the training. He's powers are gonna show soon and what if he accidentally places a spell on someone. That would be bad"

 

Jongdae knows Luhan is right. Zhihan has and will always be a special boy along with his sister. It's would be horrible of them to let Zhihan suffer with their secrets. The child's gonna start questioning them soon and Jongdae doesn’t know if he has the right answers for those. Jongdae just doesn’t want to lose his boy this early. "I… I don't know"

 

"You don’t have to make the decision immediately" Luhan reassures his friend with a smile. He knows this would be hard for Jongdae and much more for Zhihan. Normally people leave their parent's house between the age of eighteen and twenty-one to become independent. Zhihan's leaving his at eleven to afar off country. "You need to talk to him about this"

 

"We will"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Zhihan doesn’t like the look or the silence his parents are giving him. Cheonsa is beside him just as confused and scared, trying to think if they had done something bad to warrant such behaviors from them. A few more minutes of silence passes them before Yixing audibly sighs knowing his husband is not going to speak at all. On Jongdae's hand is the Hogwart letter tightly enclosed in his fist. Jongdae's afraid of people leaving him and even if going to Hogwarts is for Zhihan's good, Jongdae is still deathly afraid. Too many people have left Jongdae's life, he's not ready for another one yet.

 

"Papa, are we in trouble?" Zhihan speaks up for the first time, noticing the quiver in his Nu Wang's shoulder.

 

"No, Zhihan" Yixing smiles at the boy. "It's just that we received something in the mail today and I don't think your Nu Wang's taking it well." He rubs soothing circles on Jongdae's back. Jongdae relaxes for a bit and offers Yixing a small smile of gratitude. Zhihan is still worried for his Nu Wang even with the small smile he was sporting and so he grabs his sister give their parent a huge hug. Jongdae accepts the gesture and he thinks he's lucky to have very sweet children.

 

"Ye Xian, we are sorry if we did something" Cheonsa tells Jongdae. "Please don't be sad"

 

"I'm not sad" Jongdae places kiss atop his daughter's head. "It's just that…Zhihan?"

 

Zhihan perks up at the sound of his name suddenly afraid of what is to come. There's a certain tinge in Jongdae's voice that has the boy hugging his Nu Wang tightly. Zhihan wants to cry at the sound but he just turned eleven, he's a big boy, he won't cry. Cheonsa noticing the urgency in her Ye Xian's voice moves to sit on her papa's lap. "Zhihannie? Hey, are you crying?" Jongdae asked as he feels something went on his shoulder.

 

"No" Zhihan sniffles as he squeezes his Nu Wang tightly.

 

"Zhihan listen okay?" Jongdae grabs the boy in his side and sets him forward, facing him. Zhihan's eyes are red but there's no tears yet. It's just teary and red from trying to hold his tears in. "We received a letter from Uncle Zitao's school in London addressed to you." Jongdae presents the opened envelope to Zhihan who looks at it in fear. It has the same emblem on Zitao's broomstick and Zhihan doesn’t want to hear anything else coming from his Nu Wang's lips. "Zhihan, you got accepted to the institution and Uncle Luhan, your father, and I thought that it--"

 

"No!!" Zhihan screams as he lunges into his Nu Wang's arms. Yixing and Jongdae expected for this to happen. Zhihan had always been a great mommy's boy, forever stuck in Oedipus stage of his childhood, and the thought of being away from Jongdae might break the small child. Zhihan holds onto Jongdae like his life depended on it and Jongdae tries to silence his son's cries. "I don’t want to leave, Nu Wang. Don’t send me away" Zhihan cries, begs, on Jongdae's shoulder, arms tightening around Jongdae in fear of being pried away.

 

"Cheonsa, can you please get your brother a glass of water?" Cheonsa nods at the request before scampering out of her father's hold and into the kitchen. Yixing tries to get Zhihan off of Jongdae but the child wouldn't release its hold on the older.

 

"Mama don't" Zhihan whimpers in Jongdae's ear and the latter's heart breaks into pieces at the sound. How did the other parents got their son or daughters to agree with these things? Zhihan never broke down on Jongdae other than the time his classmate called him a mistake. "Please don’t send Zhihan away"

 

"I'm not sending you away" Jongdae sways his son side to side. "Nu Wang's not gonna do that. Stop crying"

 

Except Zhihan doesn’t stop, the boy cried himself to sleep and Yixing had to carry the boy to his bed. Cheonsa follows after them, worried for her brother, and promises to keep the boy company while her parents talk with Luhan.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"It didn’t went well, I guess" Luhan says as he sets two cups of tea infront of his visitors. Jongdae shakes his head as a no and Yixing sighs in defeat. Luhan should have known this would happen and so he takes the Hogwarts letter from Jongdae's hand and sets it on fire. Jongdae and Yixing watches the flame engulf the whole thing until all that remained were ashes. "They won't stop, you know? They'll continue to send letters"

 

"And we'll continue to reject it until Zhihan says yes" Yixing answers in place of Jongdae.

 

"Or we could just send him to Mahoutokoro. It's not the best but it's nearer and you guys could visit every weekends." Luhan offers as he takes the forgotten letter from the Japan-based academy and places it on the table. Jongdae stares at the letter willing it to burst into flames with his mind. This wouldn’t make anything better for Zhihan. This would just let the boy think his parents wanted him to leave.

 

"I don’t know Luhan." Yixing says. "Zhihan's too upset to make a decision."

 

"I could understand that. He is too attached to the both of you" Luhan agrees with a sigh. "But if this month ends and you still can't make a decision, tell me. We need to inform these schools before they send those big guys to collect your son. Especially Durmstrang."

 

"I hope not. Zhihan would throw a tantrum if that happens" Yixing groans as he feels a headache coming. "Can't you just be my son's teacher? Like can he just be homeschooled in magic?"

 

"I would be honored to be Zhihan's teacher but I'm homeschooled myself. Some of the things I might teach him could be illegal or outdated. We can't risk that" Luhan tells both parents.

 

"How about Zitao?"

 

"He could be but he's a doctor" Luhan tells the concerned father considering the fact that Jongdae is just staring off into nothing. "They're busy as . We could ask Jessica"

 

"Zhihan's deathly afraid of her. I don't think that would be a good experience for the kid" Yixing interjects and both male sighs in defeat. They're heading nowhere with this and the weight of three letters hang heavily on their shoulders. Hogwarts is persistent if they want a specific person into their school. Durmstrang wants Zhihan just because he was a product of the lake. Beauxbatons is offering a scholarship for Zhihan even though both Zitao and Luhan could afford the boy's fees without breaking a sweat. It seems that the school wants Zhihan for his talents in flying while Mahoutokoro is just Mahoutokoro.

 

"I guess we don’t really have a choice" Luhan stands. "You guys have one month and its either we accept it or decline. We might get another letter next year and I don’t think any of them would accept a no again."

 

"I'll…I'll persuade him" Jongdae looks up at Luhan, determination in his eyes. This is for his son's future, he would do anything for him, even if he gets hated in the end.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jongdae tries to be far away from Zhihan as possible. He tries not to see the heartbroken look Zhihan would give him when he distance himself from the boy. It's like an exercise for Zhihan to stand on his own, that Nu Wang won't always be there for him. Zhihan doesn’t cry but he throws tantrums at everyone around him. Zhihan's never in a good mood and Cheonsa is forced to stay in her parents' room until the boy cools off except Zhihan never does. Whenever he takes one step near his Nu Wang, Jongdae takes one step back.

 

"You okay there, buddy?" Yixing sits himself beside a grumpy Zhihan by the balcony. Cheonsa and Jongdae had gone out to buy ice cream and Yixing is left with his grumpy son to take care of. A letter had again arrived on the Zhang's doorsteps and Jongdae hadn't even thought twice in burning it over the stove. Yixing doesn’t even know if his husband burns it out of spite, rejection, or sadness. It's weird to know that the perfect relationship between Zhihan and Jongdae is breaking because of four annoying academies. "Hey! You haven't said anything since dinner. I'm getting worried here, Zhihan."

 

"Good" Zhihan mutters darkly. "At least one of you is worried for me."

 

"Both of us are worried for you" Yixing clarified and yet Zhihan's loud snort tells him that the boy isn't buying it. "He does Zhihan. He really does"

 

"If Jongdae is concerned then he shouldn't be ignoring me. He should be the one comforting me because this is all his fault that I'm sad and angry and lonely!" Zhihan screams in frustration. He won't cry. He promised himself he won't cry but the tears stings his eyes and he just wants his Nu Wang with him. "He said he won't leave me alone. He promised he wouldn’t send me away" he wipes a few stray tears from his face in haste and Yixing feels bad for his son.

 

"Nu Wang just wants the best for his prince. All of us do, your uncles, your aunts, Do-hyun, Ella, Haewon, Jongin, Sehun, and even Lay the dog wants the best for you. Nu Wang's not always gonna be there looking out for you. I'm not always gonna be there to protect you from your monsters when you grow up. This is hard for him as it is for you." He wipes the boy's tears and Zhihan pushes himself closer to his father. Yixing embraces the boy tightly and it’s the first time in three years that Zhihan had allowed himself to cry in Yixing's hold. Because Yixing does the most scolding while Jongdae does all the comforting. Baekhyun had always find it weird that affectionate Yixing was the parent who ruled with an iron fist, he always thought it was Jongdae since the latter was the insensitive bastard at the age of eight. "Nu Wang and I wants to see you stand on your own. We want to see if our own Harry Potter can take up the challenge of Hogwarts but I guess he's not yet ready."

 

"I'm not yet ready" Zhihan reiterates with a sniffle.

 

"You know you're lucky you have someone like your Nu Wang to look out for you. Because when he was young he had no one to take care of him other than himself. He needed to immediately become an adult just to inherit all of his grandfather's assets" Yixing narrates as he rocks his son back and forth. "Jongdae had to assume the role of the Kim Enterprise president when he was 21, young and a bit emotionally unstable, he was far from ready but he persevered and look where we are now…"

 

"In a mansion built for 50 people" Zhihan continues.

 

"You're right" Yixing pokes his son's nose. Zhihan giggles before nuzzling comfortably on his father's chest. "You could do this Zhihan, I believe you could, because our little prince is brave, determined, and everything that would make him the perfect son any parent could ever hand. He's the perfect Gryffindor that Nu Wang would be proud of."

 

"How are you sure I would be a Gryffindor?"

 

"Papa knows best" Yixing tickles his son with a huge grin. Zhihan screams at the sudden assault of tickles on his sides.

 

"NO! Don't start the war without me!" Cheonsa screeches as she sees the fun start without her and without thinking she jumps to join the tickle fight between her brother and father. Laughs fill the balcony as the war grew in number and when Jongdae comes he finds the others laying on the ground in exhaustion, smiles still on their lips.

 

"Did I miss something?" Jongdae asked.

 

"Yeah, you missed the war" Yixing smiles at his husband.

 

"Great!" Jongdae cheers in happiness. "Now who wants Ice cream?"

 

"I do!!!" the trio waves in happiness and Jongdae rolls his eyes at his husband's antics.

 

"It's in the kitchen" Cheonsa and Yixing immediately zooms to the kitchen with matching smiles on their faces. Trust the both father and daughter, to jump at every opportunity to satisfy their sweet tooth. Jongdae laughs at them before he notices someone missing. "How about you, Zhihan? Don't you want ice cream? Cheonsa picked your favorite and I'm sure Lay's already in line for it"

 

"Nu Wang" Zhihan calls out, fidgeting with his shirt while looking down on the floor.

 

"Yes"

 

"Nu Wang, if Zhihan says yes to Hogwarts would you and papa come and visit me every month?" Zhihan meekly asked his parents and Jongdae thinks his son look cute when he's bashful. Jongdae walks towards Zhihan before ruffling the child's hair in affection.

 

Zhihan looks up at his Nu Wang and Jongdae smiles down on him. "Nu Wang would spend a hundred million, even a billion, to see his little prince. It helps, you know, to have someone like Uncle Zitao as a friend sometimes"

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise" Jongdae swears.

 

"Cross your heart, hope to die" Zhihan childish instructs his Nu Wang to follow.

 

"Cross my heart, hope to die" Jongdae repeats and that's good enough for Zhihan. "Now let's get some ice cream, kiddo"

 

"Carry me!" Zhihan orders but Jongdae pretends not to hear his son's request. "NU WANG????"

 

"Can't hear you"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Zhihan looks a little bit apprehensive as he sees the school train on stand-by. Jasper, the tour guide, is standing beside his parents and Luhan holding onto the cart that carries Zhihan's materials and luggage. Everything's new to the eleven year old and so he sticks to his Nu Wang in fright. What if people bullied him? What if he can't make friends? What if he wasn’t cut out for the whole thing?

 

"Yo!" Luhan calls out to him and Zhihan sees Luhan offering him a comforting smile. "I know you're afraid but you could do this. Zhihan is Uncle Luhan's apprentice, he is better than any of them. Remember that, my child!" Zhihan nods. "Also don't forget your English classes, okay? Don't make you Uncle Zitao look bad or else he'll blame me for everything and you know how much that kid whines. Just…Just take care of yourself, okay?"

 

"Yes, Uncle Luhan" Zhihan smiles and Luhan pulls his nephew in a tight hug. Who knew that a simple experiment would make him so proud as he is at the moment? Zhihan is far from a mistake in both his parents and Luhan's side. He's a blessing and the couldn’t be happier to be a part of the boy's life.

 

"Knock them dead, kid" Luhan smiles before he lets go of Zhihan. Zhihan hears the announcer call for them and a new chapter begins for him. Zhihan gives his parents a tight hug before Jasper ushers him inside the train.

 

Papa knows best, he really does, because Zhihan gets sorted to Gryffindor.

 

Just like his Uncle Zitao…