Devil's Food Cake

Oh My Baby!!

Jongdae hears soft creaks from the floor early in the morning. It was barely there, so he didn't pay much attention to it, continuing to venture onto his heavenly dreamland. A few seconds later, when Jongdae had slowly let go of his surroundings, does he jolt up from his sleep to a painful prick on his finger. "It's too early for this." Jongdae hisses at the seven ninjas (definitely his friends) standing beside his bed, one (he knows it's Chanyeol) crouching down with Jongdae's bleeding finger on his right hand and his left hand holding a blade. "Can you guys do this when it's not eight o'clock in a ing Sunday morning?!"

 
"Hush Child" Luhan with his glittery mask, steps forward and putting a single finger on Jongdae's lips. "This is Chanyeol's first initiation into the team. We have to prove his worthiness"
 
"Worthiness? How does making my finger bleed and ache equate to worthiness?" Jongdae glares at the witch venomously. Luhan shrugged hi shoulder as an answer before producing a vial from tin air and collecting some of Jongdae's blood for samples (it's curses). Kyungsoo tries to take some of his portion too but Baekhyun kicks him out of the way before the devil could provide anymore damages to his pregnant bestfriend. 
 
"We don't have an answer for that" Zitao says with a smile. "But look! Your finger's healing" Zitao cheers in awe as he shows Jongdae his injured finger healing on its own. The humans stares at the display in awe and amusement. Chanyeol and Baekhyun clapping in amusement before Chanyeol once again brought blade out to cut his friend again.
 
"Chanyeol, you idiot" Jongdae shrieks when Chanyeol manages to cut a long line in Jongdae's right arm. Kyungsoo smacks the giant upside the head for being sadistic while Baekhyun does the liberty in punching the living day lights out of his ex-boyfriend. "That effin hurts and this..." He gestures to the sparkly gold pixie dust surrounding his wound, "...this tickles"
 
"Isn't it suppose to itch?" Minseok asked.
 
"It tickles" Jongdae repeats, asking no objection from his friend. Minseok nods in understanding and fear before hiding behind Zitao. "By the way where's the infidel?"
 
"Yoona?"
 
"No the other one" Jongdae clarifies, noticing the empty space beside him. Jongdae heavily glares at the empty space menacingly before it vanishes into indifference. "He never wakes this early. His probably contacting that girl again" Jongdae murmurs inaudibly before turning to his friends with big smile. "What's for breakfast?"
 
"Uh...pancakes?" The Daexing cult minus Chanyeol chorused, hesitatingly. 
 
"That's good" Jongdae claps before getting out of bed and immediately clinging onto Minseok. "Minseokkie hyung, let's eat. I'm famished"
 
"O-okay" Minseok says before the duo leaves the room to the kitchen. The other's staying behind watches the two leave, heaving a deep sigh after the door closes. 
 
"I don't think Jongdae trusts Yixing yet" Baekhyun tells his companions.
 
"Eleven years" Is Kyungsoo's only answer.
 
"By the way where is Yixing?" Luhan asked.
 
"And Liyin?" Zitao answers.
 
"They went to visit Yoona" Chanyeol groans, finally waking up from his slumber. "Someone named Kris called in the morning something about an emergency and things. I don't really ask for details."
 
The gang stares at Chanyeol for a moment. "I have a bad feeling about this"
 
--------------------
 
"Why did you invite us here?" Liyin asked when the door to Yoona's and Yixing's condo opens with a miserable yet glowing Yoona behind it. Yixing looks at Yoona in apprehension from his position beside Liyin. "No. Why did you ask Kris to call us just for breakfast with you?"
 
"I wanted to apologize to both of you" Yoona whispers. "I did some thinking last night and you both were right. Well technically all of you were right. I was selfish"
 
"So you wanted us to celebrate this epiphany with breakfast?" Yixing asked stepping inside his former apartment with Liyin behind him. Yoona nods as an answer before guiding the two to the dining room with breakfast ready to be eaten by the guests. Liyin notices a dark shadow fleeting in the corner but doesn't pay it any mind, thinking that it was only her imagination. 
 
"I made both of your favorites" Yoona announces with a small smile. "I can't cook but I tried my best. I hope you like them."
 
"Food is food. It's not something we would like to waste" Liyin responds taking her sit beside Yixing. Yixing agrees with the statement before silently taking his old place in front of Yoona.
 
"I...okay. Uh do you both like coffee or something else" Yoona asked.
 
"Just tea would be fine"
 
---------------------
 
"Jongdae?" Baekhyun knocks on the door leading to Jongdae's bedroom, the gang behind him worried for their pregnant friend. Jongdae after breakfast had done nothing but lock himself in his bedroom to probably think about his choices in life.
 
"Yeah" A small voice answers from behind the door.
 
"Are you okay?"
 
"Yeah" there's a worrying sigh from the other side that had the gang exchanging looks of concern. "Just tired."
 
"Do you want company?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Yes please" there's a click of the lock before a tired yet gloomy Jongdae greets the seven friends. "But just Baekhyun. Is that okay?"
 
"Yeah sure" the Daexing cult nods, pushing the diva inside the room, before scampering to go about their own duties. 
 
"Is everything okay?" Baekhyun inquires after the door is successfully locked. 
 
"No! Everything's not okay" Jongdae ruffles his hair in frustration before taking a sit on his bed. "I can't bring myself to trust him again, Baekhyun. I thought if I could hear this simple three words everything would be fine. I guess it's not"
 
Baekhyun sits beside his friend before pulling Jongdae into a tight hug. It's the best he could offer for his friend. It's the only thing he could offer because as much as Baekhyun wanted to sympathize with Jongdae, understand his bestfriend, he had to think of his place. He hadn't felt, experienced, what Jongdae had five ing years ago. "In due time, everything would come into place. Every wounds would heal in time and probably you'd learn to trust Yixing and fully love him again. Believe me it will."
 
"I hope so" Jongdae nuzzles onto his friend's shoulder for comfort. Baekhyun is the only thing constant in Jongdae's life at the moment. Yixing, even if accepted back, is still tethering at the edge of a thin thread. "I really hope so"
 
------------------------
 
It's four in the afternoon when Yixing and Liyin had finally decided to go home. Yoona, for the rest of the meeting, had done nothing but apologize for the pain she had caused Yixing and Jongdae. She had done nothing but explain herself to the people she had deeply hurt and as much as the two had accepted the apologies with an open heart. They were still a little apprehensive. Yoona has a large ego and the thing she was doing at the moment is unheard of. But Luhan did say, sometimes when you're pregnant you change. Yixing still wonders if Luhan had ever been pregnant before. "I'm sorry again" Yoona says when she finally sends the two off.
 
"It's okay, Yoona" Liyin hugs her cousin with a gentle smile of comfort. "We've accepted your apology already. But Yoona if you had someone to apologize more, it would be to Jongdae. You've hurt him more than any of us"
 
"I know" Yoona shuffles in her place, playing with the strings of her paper bag in nervousness. "That's why I made this. It's devil food cake. You've told me how much Jongdae loves chocolate, so I made him this." She hands the paper bag to Liyin who accepts it happily. "I hope he likes it"
 
"I won't promise you anything" Liyin says. "But I'll give him this for you"
 
"Thank you" Yoona smiles before focusing her attention to Yixing. She extends her hand for a shake that Yixing could only stare at. "It's a truce. I know we had a bad past and I've hurt you but I hope we could still be friends. And instead of being my baby's father, you could be his uncle instead. I just don't want him to have no male figure in his life"
 
Yixing looks at Liyin for encouragement and Liyin ushers him to take the hand. This would be best for the cult, his friends, and for his future family. "Yeah. I guess we could still be friends."
 
Yoona happily smiles at him before pulling the male to a hug. "If you have any problems, I'll be here. Always"
 
There's a movement in the shadow and Yoona evilly smiles at the thought of a future without any enemies. When Yixing and Liyin finally met all bad thoughts came back and Yoona is excited at the prospect of having Yixing all to herself, soon. The empty vial on her pocket justifies her prediction.
 
"They didn't call it the devil's food cake for nothing" Yoona laughs maniacally before going back to her dark lair.
 
--------------------------
 
"They're here" Kyungsoo kicks the bedroom door open with Chanyeol behind him. Jongdae looks at them boredly while Baekhyun continues to play clash of clans in his phones. 
 
"Took them long enough" Jongdae stands from his position to greet his lover and ex-lover (wow! His that handsome) for finally blessing him with their presence. The gang follows after Jongdae with a skip to greet their friends with vigor and enthusiasm (more on Chanyeol's side). "Welcome to Heaven Resort!" Jongdae greets sarcastically before Yixing comes to engulf him in a big hug.
 
"I miss you" Yixing whispers to his lover. 
 
"Yeah whatever" Jongdae pushes his lover away to give Liyin her welcome home hug. "Ooohhhh! Is that cake?" He asked noticing the paper bag. 
 
"Yeah! It's devil food cake."
 
"Woah! Chocolate" Jongdae grabs the bag before rushing to the kitchen to grab a slice of the dessert. The gang shakes their head at the male's enthusiasm for the sweet. The other remains in the front to greet one another, happily. 
 
"Where'd you buy the cake?" Baekhyun asked the girl.
 
"Oh Yoona gave it as an apology" the cult halts in their steps before exchanging looks with one another. Luhan's heart palpitating hard in chest while Zitao noticing his mentor's apprehension rushes to the kitchen immediately to check on Jongdae. 
 
"You're Kidd--" a shrill cry wrecks the happy surrounding with a frantic Zitao coming out of the kitchen with a deathly pale Jongdae in his arm. Luhan's eyes widened at the sight of his charge before grabbing onto Yixing's wrist and noticing the golden unicorn turning black. "! This isn't suppose to turn black! F-F-F! Capital F. Jongdae's gonna die along with Baby Zhang!"
 
"What?"
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
Spoiler Alert: Someone's gonna die in the next chapter (probably after the next chapter) and there are only three guesses. Yixing, Yoona, or Jongdae. *cue music*
 
More Spoiler: Baby Zhang is gonna live!