Present, Past, Present, Past

Oh My Baby!!

A/N: I'am back after probably two months... YASS!! These are just four drabbles from the present, past, present, and past respectively. Not that much of an update since my brain is still fried from taking to much Economic classes. So...uh... enjoy?

NOT EDITED

~~~~~~~

THE FIRST DAUGHTER (present)

Yixing prides himself to be the best papa any daughter or son can have. Jongdae tries not indulge his husband that much with his belief but Yixing sulks whenever he fails to compliment him about his achievement in being the greatest father in world.

 

Zhihan takes after Jongdae whenever it comes to his papa. The elder siblings sees his father as competition for his Nu Wang's attention and that greatly affects some bonding time allotted into getting to know each other. Yixing is awkward around Zhihan and vice versa.

 

Cheonsa's the complete opposite of her brother. She adores Yixing and his unconscious urge to spoil his only girl. Jongdae thinks his daughter is too cunning for her own good but then again Cheonsa is a product of Kim Jongdae. She's bound to be as manipulative as her Ye Xian.

 

Cheonsa loves her father.

 

Yixing loves her daughter and he will do everything for her.

 

"I'm bleeding" Cheonsa deadpans and Yixing goes deathly pale at the announcement. Zhihan looks up from his cereal to quirk an eyebrow at her sister for turning towards his dad for a solution. Cheonsa has just tired thirteen a month and a half ago. Yixing had cried himself to sleep when the thought of his daughter finally growing up registered in his mind. He can't believe thirteen years had passed since his husband gave birth to his precious baby girl. He feels so old and ugly. "Papa, I'm bleeding" Cheonsa reiterates when her father continued to stand like statue by the kitchen counter.

 

"Uh…Congratulations" Yixing says awkwardly and Zhihan snorts out a laugh.

 

"Thank you" Cheonsa answers, no humor detected in her voice. "But I really need something to stop the bleeding from staining my clothes." It was an order for Yixing to go and buy Cheonsa a napkin at the convenience store but her father's too far gone in his happy place to understand her implications. "Papa"

 

"What do you want me to do?" Yixing squeaks and Zhihan tries hard not to burst out laughing at his father's dilemma. Nu Wang had reminded him over and over again to be nice.

 

"I don’t know, Dad" Cheonsa bites back venomously. It’s the hormones, Yixing swears to God. "What do you think you should do?"

 

"Buy you a napkin?" Yixing asked and Cheonsa glares at her father, ruthlessly. Why can't her father understand simple Korean? Where was her Ye Xian when she needed him the most?

 

"You know what just… just tell me where Ye Xian is"

 

"Ye Xian's on a business trip with Uncle Baekhyun" Zhihan answers for his father. With the way blood is being drained from Yixing's system there was no way he could answer Cheonsa coherently. "He won't be back till five"

 

"Aunt Liyin?" Cheonsa tries.

 

"She's in Paris with Aunt Yoona" Zhihan says and Cheonsa's eyes darkens at the information. Zhihan's too used at his sister's sudden shift off moods without a reason. "You're unfortunately stuck with dad and your womanly problems"

 

"What about you? You're stuck with…"

 

"I have piano practice this afternoon" Zhihan informs his sister. Zhihan rarely lies and Cheonsa can't find it in her heart to get mad at her brother.

 

With a sigh, she turns to look at her father with her most pathetic puppy-dog eyes. Zhihan watches as his father shifts from one foot to another, trying to escape his daughter onslaught of aegyo. "Daddy, can you buy me a napkin?"

 

"I…"

 

"I'm going to bleed everywhere if you don’t get me my napkin and then Ye Xian's gonna cut your head off because you're acting like an incompetent adult" Cheonsa says sweetly, too sweetly, for her father's liking. She was becoming more like Jongdae everyday. "Do you want that to happen, daddy?"

 

"No" Yixing shakes his head frantically.

 

"Then buy me my napkin" Cheonsa screeches at her father and Yixing on his feet running out of the house to buy his daughter's 'womanly' products.

 

"Wow!" Zhihan whistles. "Wish I had that power."

 

Yixing's not sure what type of napkin he should buy for Cheonsa. He has been awkwardly staring at variety of napkin brands for an hour now and he wouldn’t sacrifice his manliness to ask a sales lady for help. Yixing could picture Jongdae laughing at his misfortune in his head and Yixing wants the ground to eat him alive.

 

Yixing's so conflicted that he doesn’t even notice himself dialing Jessica's number for help.

 

"Hello"

 

"What's the best napkin brand for first time ladies?" Yixing blurts out without a thought, choosing some of words with great thought (not really).

 

"What?"

 

"What's a good feminine pad brand?" Yixing asked.

 

"Uh… Did Luhan accidentally placed another spell on Jongdae? Is Jongdae having his first ever menstrual cycle after 40 years of grumpiness"

 

"No" Yixing answers. "It's Cheonsa"

 

"Oh" Jessica grows silent before loudly bursting out in mirth. "Your problem, dude!" and the line ends with Yixing not getting any serious answers from the witch.

 

Yixing stares at his phone for a moment before Cheonsa's name pops up in the scream and he reluctantly answers it. "Hel--"

 

"Where are you? Its been one hour, daddy" Cheonsa whines. "I've already bled out of my fifth short of the day" Yixing tries not to barf at the announcement. "Ye Xian's not gonna be happy about this"

 

"I can't choose between a dozen brands" Yixing wails. "This is harder than it looks"

 

"Just pick one!!" Cheonsa screeches. "They're all the same or I swear to God I'm telling Ye Xian about that time you almost broke his favorite vase."

 

"You wouldn’t"

 

"I would"

 

"Fine!" Yixing huffs in defeat. "But if I get the wrong pad don’t blame me for it."

 

"Okay" He could hear her daughter smiling. "Just don’t make the wrong move of buying a liner."

 

"WHAT?!" Yixing exclaims before his daughter ends the call and his back to square one. "!!!"

 

Yixing gives up by his thirtieth sigh and ends up buying one of everything. The cashier gives him a look of surprise and he ignores it in favor of his sanity. He can't have someone damage his manly pride, dammit.

 

"Daughter's first time?" The cashier asked.

 

"Yeah" Yixing answers weakly.

 

"Thought so" The cashier smiles. "My husband did the same thing when my daughter had hers for the first time. Though, you bought a little more than he did"

 

"She has mastered the art of blackmail"

 

"I'm sure she does" The cashier laughs at Yixing for once feels the strain of worry leave his system. "That would be 50,000 won"

 

 Yixing comes home to a beaming Cheonsa and the kiss she had given him on his cheeks was enough for Yixing to relax. He's sure Cheonsa can handle the other things on her own. Yixing would like to take a nap.

 

Jongdae comes home at six o'clock that evening and the guy isn't amused by the amount of sanitary pads Yixing bought and scattered around the floor of the living room. Lay, the dog, is happily chewing one of the pack and Jongdae threatens to shave off Yixing's hair if he doesn’t clean the mess the dog made and return the other 45 sanitary packs he had bought on impulse.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YIXING'S DISPATCH (past)

 

Yixing once worked as a taxi dispatcher when he was still in college. No one really knows why he took up the job except for Chanyeol. Even Jongdae, who was temporarily studying in Stanford, was baffled at the odd job he had taken.

 

There were multiple reasons for Yixing's odd job.

  1. Was because he had almost failed his Calculus class and his parents had cut his allowance off as a punishment.
  2. Because he was bored and he needed something to entertain him other than music.
  3. Because he needed money for serious stuff.
  4. And lastly because Jongdae is a thousand miles away and he wants to surprise his secret boyfriend a visit.

 

After three months of headaches and ear-piercing scolds from Kevin, Yixing finally saved up enough money to visit his boyfriend seven-thousand miles away. Chanyeol thinks that the most romantic thing Yixing had ever done for anyone and promises himself to do the exact same thing for Baekhyun.

 

Yixing's starting his early morning shift when Kevin comes knocking on his door with his signature scowl own. "Benedict, you have a visitor."

 

"It's Yixing actually" Yixing corrects but the older male ignores him. "And I still have three taxi's to--"

 

"Don't care" Kevin cuts him off. "They could do well on their own. Someone from Stanford is here to see you and I don’t think he's the patient type."

 

"Stanford?" Yixing asked before his eyes widened. "No Way!!"

 

"Yes way" A familiar face pops up from behind the door and Yixing doesn’t hesitate to take his visitor into a bone crushing hug. Kevin rolls his eyes at the display before leaving the two alone. "Jongdae, you're home"

 

"Yeah" Jongdae smiles, brushing off a few stray fringes away from Yixing's eyes. "I… I actually withdrew from the program"

 

"What? Why?" Yixing asked.

 

"It was boring" Jongdae answers honestly. "And I thought, Medicine wasn’t really my thing so I just dropped"

 

"But your family"

 

"Don't care" Jongdae shrugs. "They always wanted me to go into business anyway. Something about finally inheriting the company"

 

"Hold up" Yixing says, as he hears one of the intercom cackle into life and one taxi driver asking for a way out of traffic. Jongdae watches Yixing in amusement. He had never seen someone so focused on a job before not to mention handsome.

 

Jongdae leaves Yixing to do his work, looking around the small office with unmask curiosity. His family owned a dispatch business before until his Uncle decided it was best to sell it off to some rich Chinese entrepreneur. Jongdae misses those days where he blabbers nonsense on the radio for everyone's amusement. "You've done dispatch before right?"

 

"When I was six. Why?"

 

"Want to say hello?"

 

"Sure" Jongdae smiles before he grabs a hold of the radio, sitting on Yixing's lap. "Hello, Good Morning~~" Jongdae sings happily and Yixing can't help the smile on his face. Jongdae looked so happy and Yixing wants to preserve that smile in mind, in his heart, and in the future (which he almost failed at doing). "Did you know your boss called me Janina or something?"

 

"Huh? Oh, he does that sometimes" Yixing wraps an arm around Jongdae's waist, holding him tightly. "You don't have to worry. Like he calls me weird names everyday. From Chip to Benedict."

 

"Chip? Lay chip. That's nice" Jongdae comments before his eyes landed on the clock on the wall. "Well, I have to go home. They're probably worried for me"

 

"No. Not yet" Yixing tightens his hold by a fraction. "I need to tell you something"

 

"Okay"

 

"I didn’t actually take this job because I failed Calculus like I told you" Yixing says honestly and Jongdae's not even look surprised. "Neither was I bored or bankrupt like I told the others. I just wanted to surprise you in California. I saved up 96000 dollars to fly to another country--"

 

"How do you earn 96000 in three months?"

 

"I…" Yixing scratches his head in bashfulness. "I won the lottery."

 

"What?"

 

"I won the lottery"

 

"Aren't you too young for that?"

 

"I'm nineteen. It's legal" Yixing defends. "And I missed you so desperate times called for desperate measures. I have 96000 to actually fly to California and take up some Music program for a semester just to be with you. Isn't that romantic?"

 

"You're crazy" Jongdae laughs. "But what are you going to do with 96000 dollars now that I'm here?"

 

"Do you want to go to Changsha instead?" Yixing offers with a dimpled smile.

 

"Sure Benedict"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE ZHANG'S (present)

 

 

"I'm auditioning for the dance team" Cheonsa announces with a determined glint her eyes. Zhihan raises a brow at her sister's declaration while Yixing, ever the supportive father, nods at her in agreement before leaving to the kitchen to get his child a plate of cake.

 

"You can't even dance" Zhihan states the obvious. "You have Nu Wang's feet."

 

"It's not like you're any better" Cheonsa sticks out a tongue at her brother.

 

"I'm the powerhouse Zhang. How am I not better?" Zhihan asked, genuinely curious at those words. "And you're only auditioning because your crush is the captain of the dance team."

 

"Am not!" Cheonsa screams. "How did you know that? You're always stuck in London"

 

"Hana told me" Zhihan smiles. "She told me you have a crush on that Jackson dude"

 

"Who has a crush on who?" Jongdae pops his head out from the music room, a teasing glint on his eyes and Cheonsa wants to kill her brother.

 

"Cheonsa has a crush on the school's dance captain and she's planning to join the team for him" Zhihan rats out ignoring the war cry her sister was emitting. Cheonsa might not have the feet for dancing but she does have her Ye Xian's vocal chords.

 

"Ooooh!! My baby's finally growing up" Jongdae teases the girl with a wiggle of the brow. "Who is this dance captain--"

 

"He's no one!!"

 

"Jackson Wang" Zhihan screams louder than his sister. "He has a crush on Jackson Wang and its huge like Jupiter."

 

"Zhihan, I'am disowning you as my brother" Cheonsa scowls at him.

 

"Jackson Wang, huh?" Jongdae takes a sit beside Zhihan and the boy doesn’t hasn’t to cuddle with his favorite parent in the world. Cheonsa wonders if Zhihan would ever grow up from his Oedipus stage. The guys fourteen for Christ's sake. "Oh I know him. He's Mark Tuan's stepson. He's a very nice kid just a little annoying"

 

"Hear that Cheonsa. Mother disapproved of your choice in men" Zhihan proclaims and Cheonsa throws a pillow at his face.

 

"Ye Xian also have questionable choices in men" Cheonsa defends. "He married Dad"

 

"You're right, I did" Jongdae agrees, thoughtfully. "They say regret always comes last."

 

"And it's your fault" Cheonsa screeches at her brother.

 

"Excuse me" Zhihan blinks at his sister in disbelief. "If it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t be alive right now. Shut your trap."

 

"Children" Jongdae breaks the impending fight up. He wouldn’t want a brawl to happen at a good morning. "Behave"

 

"She started it" Zhihan whines.

 

"Whatever" Cheonsa ignores him when a thought comes across her wicked mind. "Jackson said his step-father got a crush on Ye Xian before and courted him. Is that true, Ye Xian?"

 

"Probably I don’t remember" Jongdae thinks back to his high school days where school heartthrob Mark Tuan came to him with a bouquet of roses that Yixing didn't hesitate in burning. "Oh yeah, I think I dated him for a month behind Yixing's back."

 

"WHAT!!!!!" a horrible shriek comes from the kitchen before a frantic Yixing pushes Cheonsa away to give his husband look of desperation. Why? No one knows. "You dated that bastard for a month. He's a double-timing bastard."

 

"Says Zhang Yixing who had also double timed Kim Jongdae and Im Yoona" Jongdae deadpans. "Shut up, Yixing. You're not a part of this conversation."

 

"I never double-timed. I was charmed! Charmed I tell you" Yixing exclaims. "And why were you even talking about the Wang-Tuans. Am I missing something here"

 

Cheonsa notices her brother's smirk a minute too late. "Cheonsa's got a crush on Jackson Wang. That's why she wanted to join the dance team."

 

"I'm joining the dance team because I want to learn how to dance!!!"

 

"Joining the dance team is a horrible way of learning how to dance. Trust me" Jongdae says.

 

"Trust your mother. He knows his ways around utter humiliation." A kick on the from Jongdae to Yixing. "I'm pretty sure he only joined the dance team to impress the Great Zhang Yixing."

 

"Oh please… Jung Yunho is ten times hotter than you." Jongdae rolls his eyes. "and don’t think I didn’t know about the gossip you spread at school to scare him away from me."

 

"It wasn’t a lie. You are an insensitive bastard who does karate poses on your sleep"

 

"He's right, Ye Xian" Cheonsa confirms.

 

"I still have bruises from it" Yixing declares flashing his bruised tummy for everyone to see.

 

"Those are not bruises daddy. Those are--"

 

"Okay… Change subject" Jongdae cuts in giving his husband deadly glare. "As I was saying, are you sure you want to join the dance team?"

 

"As sure as the stars in the sky" Cheonsa nods.

 

"You do know that if you join the dance team. There's a 99.999999 percent chance Nu Wang and Mr. Tuan would sit next to each other" Zhihan taunts his sister. "Then they'll rekindle their previous--"

 

"Zhihan, I'am disowning you as my son" Yixing cuts in and Zhihan sends him a pout, nuzzling into his Nu Wang's chest more.

 

"Hah!!! Goodbye incompetent brother of mine…."

 

"Nu Wang! They're being mean to me" Zhihan whines to Jongdae. "But really on recitals Nu Wang's gonna sit next to Mr. Tuan. There's not much of a difference between T and Z, you know"

 

"Cheonsa, you are not allowed to join the dance team" Yixing says sternly and the glare Cheonsa gives to her brother is considered to be very deadly. Zhihan's immune towards his sister's tantrums.

 

"B-but Daddy" She gives her a teary-eyed look that softens his heart a little bit.

 

"Nope"

 

"Ye Xian!!!" Cheonsa cries out in despair.

 

"Just let her be, Yixing" Jongdae opens an arm out for a hug. Cheonsa doesn’t even hesitate in kicking her brother off her parent side to claim Jongdae for herself. "It would be fun and she has three dancers to help her whenever things get a little hard."

 

"B-but Mark" Yixing wails.

 

"Mark's married. Why would he flirt with me?"

 

"Because you're a y piece of vixen that screams obscenities by the tas--"

 

"Not infront of the kids" Jongdae screeches as Yixing before throwing a remote at him. Jongdae has a bad aim but he did manage to injure Yixing in the knees. "I'am disowning you as my husband!!"

 

"We second the motion"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

FOX RAIN (past)

 

"I'm not good with kids" Yixing pulls away from Baekhyun and Jongdae's hold on him. It's a Saturday and normally Yixing would have slept in on a Saturday but his friends had other plans for him. A trip to the orphanage for extra credits in order to graduate. "Can we just take care of dogs instead?"
 

"We could have but you forgot to list our names on the volunteer sheet. We've trusted you" Minseok howls in exasperation. The older has always been bad with kids even though he had planned to take medicine, specifically being a Gynecologist, when he graduate from the y life of High school.

 

"That's why we have Kyungsoo for" Yixing defends himself with a smile.

 

"I'am no one's slave" Kyungsoo slaps a hand on the elder's shoulder. "And did you forget I'm also part of the choir"

 

"Fine, it's my fault" Yixing surrenders in despair. "But why on a Saturday?"

 

"Did you have anything better to do on Saturdays, Yixing?" Jongdae turns to look at his bestfriend.

 

"Yeah" Yixing nods. "I could have taken someone out on a date today. I had tickets to Lotte World! Lotte World! And it expires today"

 

"You're fault for being forgetful" Jongdae glares at Yixing venomously. He would have been spending a good Saturday in Lotte world by now if it wasn’t for the fact that he wanted to get out of high school and get his life over with. But seriously Lotte World, Jongdae's inner goddess wails in desperation.

 

"Hope your secret lover doesn’t break up with you for that" Baekhyun gives Yixing a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

 

"Why is he/she still a secret anyway?" Minseok asked in genuine curiosity. "We are very tolerable people, except for Jongdae, he/she will like us"

 

"Tolerable, my " An ugly snort from Jongdae.

 

"Yes Tolerable" Minseok affirms with a smile. "And also we are a very handsome group of high schoolers."

 

"That I could agree on" Baekhyun nods. "Maybe the reason Yixing never bothered to tell us about Baobei was because he's afraid we could snatch his lover under his nose. I mean come on, King Baekhyun is hotter than the sun." Another snort from Jongdae and an insult to Baekhyun in murmured Chinese.

 

"I want to burn you under the sun" Kyungsoo says without any hint of remorse before stopping infront of their destination, a scowl slowly adorning his cute face when he hears the loud laughter behind steeled gates. "Children."

 

"Happy Children" Minseok deadpans before he sighs in defeat.

 

 

 

Jongdae unlike his friends love kids. He's a er for their toothy smile and loud laughter that he had always daydreamed about his own Zhihan with his talent for singing and Yixing's deep dimples. Jongdae admits it, he sometimes uses an online baby generator to see whether his son with Yixing would look handsome as .

 

It's sad to know that his dream for a biological Zhihan could only come true through technology. Now the happy smile Jongdae was sporting for a few hours turned into a frown.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Yixing sits himself beside Jongdae during their thirty minutes break away from rowdy children that had caused Kyungsoo to cry for the first time in five years. "You're awfully silent."

 

"I just realized I can never have my own Zhihan" Jongdae tells the elder, head falling to rest on Yixing's shoulder. Their friends are nowhere in sight and Yixing's sure the three were hiding to get their bearings back. Yixing's glad for that.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"We can never have our own Zhihan" Jongdae clarifies.

 

"Oh" Yixing frowns. "Why can't we? We're both capa--"

 

"We are but only one of us can be the biological father" Jongdae sniffles and Yixing wraps a comforting hand around him. "I know I'm weird for suddenly sprouting this nonsense but… I'm sorry"

 

"No, it's fine" Yixing says. "Continue. But?"

 

"But I just can't imagine having a Zhihan without your dimpled smile or your kindness." Yixing blushes at the statement, thinking maybe Jongdae is playing with him, but Jongdae never jokes about his plans for the future. Born from an influential family, Jongdae had limited power in making a decision for himself. His future was planned by his legitimate father when he was five and  the only thing Jongdae was given power to rule in his life, he finds out when he was seventeen, was finding a perfect spouse to provide the Kim family the perfect heir.

 

The Kim family doesn’t care if Jongdae prefers boys over girls as long as his future child is biologically a Kim. Jongdae is not allowed to adopt. No matter what the circumstances are Jongdae can't taint the Kim bloodline. Jongdae swears his family were vampires in their old life. "Stupid family tradition!!"

 

"Hey, I'm honored that you've thought of me as a perfect parent for your Zhihan" Yixing starts, placing a sweet kiss on his best friend's forehead. "And we might not have our own Zhihan, it might not be fully mine, but I would still treat him as mine and maybe if you're lucky you get to pick a surrogate mother with identical dimples as mine."

 

"It was getting good until you finished your statement" Jongdae elbows him on the rib. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you with my petty problems."

 

"That's what perfect boyfriends are for. To give their other half a smile worth a billion diamonds"

 

"I don’t deserve you" Jongdae cuddles up close to Yixing. There's no one near them, so Jongdae thinks its okay to give Yixing as much affection he could muster in his small body.

 

"I don’t deserve you too" Yixing agrees. "But the universe disagrees with our beliefs. I guess you're stuck with me for a very very long time"

 

"I don’t mind."

 

"I also don’t mind" Yixing smiles down at his companion. He slowly leans down to place a kiss on his lover's lips when he feels something wet fall on his nose. "What the?"

 

"Fox Rain" Jongdae points up at the sky where rain had mixed itself with the light from the sun. "It's the second time. Maybe the universe does love us"

 

""

 

"Gladly" Jongdae smiles before he gives his forever's (he knows Yixing is his forever) soft lips.

 

They might probably fail in getting their own Zhihan in the future.

 

But, hey, with just the right amount of water and a simple mistake the universe might grant them their wish. 

 

The universe adores a perfect yet twisted love story in the making.