Poison

Oh My Baby!!

"Zitao hurry!! Bring Jongdae to his bedroom" Luhan orders and the Daexing cult goes into a defensive stance. They've trained for this to happen. The Daexing cult is not only a fan club it's also an emergency magical unit. Luhan had trained them to be prepared at all time and this would put their training into good use. "Baekhyun remember the blood I collected this morning."
 
"Yeah."
 
"It's in the freezer. If it's still red can you blend it in ice until it turns pink" Luhan orders.
 
"Yes sir" Baekhyun salutes before running to do as told. 
 
"Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo comes forth, standing tall and proud in front of the witch. "I want you to burn the cake."
 
"Hai!" Kyungsoo salutes before disappearing into the kitchen to finally become a full-pledged arsonist.
 
"You. You. And You." Luhan points at Minseok, Liyin, and Chanyeol. "Tie Yixing up. I don't want him going zombie and suddenly go home to Yoona. Don't let the unicorn fade, it's like a life source if it goes out his other half dies. Cut a long wound whenever a part of the unicorn fades into skin. Got it!"
 
"Aye aye" the three salutes before Luhan disappears to appear inside Jongdae's bedroom where a frantic Zitao is feeding Jongdae with a time capsule. The time capsule could stop time momentarily for the poison to stop spreading and causing Jongdae's heart to stop first. The time capsule could also help protect baby Zhang from turning into nothing but a bubble. 
 
"Will Jongdae hyung disappear permanently Luhan?" Zitao asked his mentor worriedly. 
 
"No Zitao. I won't let that happen" Luhan assures his apprentice. "The strawberry would protect them as much as it can. the magic water would do anything to keep them together. That's what your favorite hyung asked the deities and it will continue to stay that way"
 
"I don't want him to die. He made me feel like I had a family to stay with" 
 
"I know" Luhan takes a deep breath before Baekhyun kicks the door open and in his hands was the pink substance that Luhan had asked for. Luhan grabs the glass from the younger male's hold before chanting a small spell. "It's just a booster" Luhan tells Baekhyun when he felt the younger's questioning gaze on him. "It would help power the protection charm we had placed last night. It's not enough to fully heal Jongdae. That is all up to Yixing now but it would surely save baby Zhang" 
 
---------------------
 
"In a few hours Jongdae will succumb into darkness and you'll have Yixing back" Jessica says with a sinister laugh. Yoona shares the same happiness with her, cross legged, while sipping elegantly on her glass of red wine. "How does victory taste like?"
 
"Wonderful" Yoona cheers. "Very wonderful. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. Now I won't have anymore competition left."
 
"Cheers to that" Jessica raises her glass.
 
"Cheers!"
 
---------------------
 
"Is this tight enough?" Chanyeol asked Minseok while he tries to properly restrain Yixing on his place by tying the older to a large oak tree. The gang had tried to tie Yixing on a chair but it wasn't enough to restrain a hypnotize Yixing, that would only murmur Yoona's name every few seconds, from leaving the premises. Liyin grabs a hold of Yixing's limp hand, trying to check if the once golden unicorn had slowly began to vanish. Every once in awhile Liyin would cut Yixing by the arm before it gets healed back and the unicorn turns gold for a second. 
 
It' been an three hours since the incident and even if Zitao and Luhan had finally left the bedroom to announce that Jongdae had slowly begun to get back his color, they were still worried. The unicorn was still a deep black color afar cry from the gold it was the night before. Baekhyun has adamantly insisted in staying with Jongdae as he recuperates. Every once in fifteen minutes, Zitao comes to check on baby Zhang. 
 
"This is all my fault" Liyin slumps on the dirty pavement with a very depressed facial expression. Minseok looks at the female for a moment before checking on the black unicorn again. "If I wasn't so naive I could have prevented."
 
"No one actually knew Yoona would stoop this low" Minseok answers before cutting a two inch line on Yixing's wrist and just like always the wound heals before the unicorn glows gold to black. "I can't even imagine what I would do if Yoona had been successful with this"
 
"I could" Chanyeol pipes up when he finally ties a strong knot before taking a sit beside the female. He looks and feels tired with everything going on around him. He just found out that his beagle bestfriend was cursed and pregnant yesterday. And Chanyeol is generally confused but Baekhyun had been patient enough to tell him everything. They were all patient enough to tell the whole story while holding Chanyeol's hand along the way. Jongdae is a close friend, a bestfriend, to Chanyeol and even if his still lost into the dark abyss he would push on to keep the smaller male safe. They were soul mates. "I would go and kill that . I've seen Jongdae through his worst. I've seen him depressed, succumbing into anxiety, but I haven't seen him in a near death experience. I've never seen him like this and as much as this hurts for me. It's ten times worst for Baekhyun and maybe Yixing if he wasn't currently crazy."
 
"Yoona!" Yixing screams while trying to escape from his bindings. Yixing's eyes are dilated and empty that it scares the three friends. Yixing looked like a crazy maniac asking for blood. 
 
"Baekhyun's probably crying his eyes out at the moment" Liyin says.
 
"Baekhyun rarely cries" Chanyeol plays with a tiny rock. "He'll probably stay strong for both Yixing and Jongdae. He's been there since the start. He saw how Jongdae and Yixing's relationship progressed. If Jongdae and Yixing were friends for eleven years. Jongdae and Baekhyun had been stuck together for sixteen. What is real friendship when baekchen exists?"
 
"Do you think Baekhyun would kill Yoona?"
 
"He'll chop her to pieces if Jongdae doesn't make it through"
 
"Would this ever turn gold?" Minseok sighs as he watches Yixing's symbol slowly fading before cutting a thin line again.
 
--------------------------
 
Baekhyun has a firm hold onto Jongdae's cold hand while watching the other breathe. It was almost midnight and his friend had yet to show any signs of waking up. There's a bonfire outside probably Chanyeol, Zitao, and Kyungsoo being on shift to keep watch on a raging Yixing. Minseok had to drive Liyin home while Luhan is yet to be seen anywhere. Baekhyun knows Luhan is out looking for his sister and slap some sense out of her. "For a witch, Luhan is too kind" Baekhyun speaks for the first time. "I've tried to convince him countless of time to turn Yoona into a pig but he always ignores my suggestion."
 
There's silence in the room before a howl of Yoona's name is hard outside. There's a loud slap before silence and Baekhyun knows Kyungsoo is irritated with the endless repetition of Yoona's name coming from Yixing's mouth. "Luhan said you were gonna be fine but it's been six hours now. Yixing's still crazy and you...you're still asleep. I've felt baby Zhang kick me two times now and i know he wants his mother awake and his father sane. Why can't both of your love story just be normal?"
 
Again silence and Baekhyun wants to cry. Like hysterically cry that would make him ugly and unattractive for anyone that would barge in the room any moment. "I don't want to be alone Jongdae" Baekhyun sniffles. "Like you're the only family I have left. Mom, Dad, and my brother left me for heaven already and I can't afford to lose you now. Chanyeol is only here for summer but after that he's gonna leave and then I'm alone again." The first drop of tear falls from Baekhyun's eyes and he hastily wipes it away. "I'm afraid of being alone. Jongdae wake up, please. The cult needs you. Your unconventional family needs you. I need you. Your bestfriend in the whole wide world needs you. So wake up!" Baekhyun sobs not even bothered that the people downstairs might hear him. Screw being strong and lively and being Baekhyun. Baekhyun is sad and afraid of losing his only family.
 
-----------------------
 
The trio sighs in defeat when they hear Baekhyun's broken sobs upstairs. "I guess Baekhyun reached his limit" Kyungsoo looks at the window leading to the bedroom.
 
"Why can't we just commit murder?" Chanyeol growls. "A life for a life."
 
"Revenge is a bad thing Chanyeol-hyung" Zitao reminds eating his s'mores. "We shouldn't practice it"
 
"I was wondering" Kyungsoo says. "If Jongdae doesn't pull through what happens to baby zhang."
 
"He would still exist" Zitao answers the older male. "That's the effect of the booster. It ensures baby Zhang's life but not Jongdae's. Everything is all up to Yixing now."
 
"Jongdae has to live through this. He wouldn't want his son to be orphaned" Kyungsoo plays with his fingers. "I wouldn't want the baby to have no one by his side"
 
"He wouldn't be" Chanyeol points at the passed out Yixing. "His father is still here."
 
"Do you really think Yixing would accept the child" Zitao gives the giant the stink eye. "Yixing is in some kind of love induced state. When Jongdae dies, go kapoot, Yixing would return back to Yoona. That's how Yoona's poison works"
 
------------------------
 
Luhan appears in front of Jessica without any announcement and this had surprised Yoona greatly. Jessica and Yoona were just celebrating their victory when the handsome witch came in to make their lives a little harder than it was before. "What did you do?"
 
"Placed a little poison on your charge. Nothing much" Jessica smiles at the male and Luhan pushes the female back. 
 
"Take it back. Jongdae doesn't deserve to feel your wrath against me" Luhan snaps at his sister, eyes blazing with anger. "If you want me to give you Nana's blessing then I'll do it. Just give Jongdae his life back."
 
"Too late" Jessica laughs at her younger brother's face. "The poison is already taking its effect. A time capsule and a booster would only do much. Protection charm? What is the use of a protection charm when your charge doesn't even trust his lover?"
 
"What-what do you mean?"
 
"Oh Luhan!" Jessica pats Luhan's left cheek. "A protection charm only takes full effect when two lovers fully place their love and trust to one another. From what I can see and feel, that's not the case. That's why the unicorn is black like ebony, the scorpion resists every help the unicorn has to offer. You should have thought about that before diving in to use one powerful charm on a hopeless case. But cheer up Luhan, you guys got to keep the child. Isn't that exciting?"