Trip to The Past: LOVE ME RIGHT

Oh My Baby!!

Yixing at courting the person he likes. The last time he courted someone he had used an excessive amount of pick-up lines provided by his ever helpful friends-- Baekhyun, Minseok, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae. He had pushed that specific person, her name was Wendy, to the brink of insanity until her parents decided to move out and Yixing's friends laughed at his face for being a failure at love.

 

Yixing swears never to ask his friends' help again.

 

Never, ever, again.

 

Well, with the exception of Chanyeol who lives a thousand miles away.

 

"So you want to…uh…court Chen?" Chanyeol asked, pixelated contorting uneasily, as he tries to digest the situation. It's been two years since the time Yixing drove Wendy away and the guys had thought that Yixing have finally turned aual when he suddenly lost interest on girls.  Unbeknownst to them, Yixing just started to develop feelings for his insensitive bestfriend with huge issues about trust. Yixing had considered Baekhyun for help but the boy can't keep a secret to save a life. Kyungsoo was an option but the owl doesn’t really care about love. Minseok…Minseok's just a nervous wreck. Chanyeol was the only sane person after Yixing and yet the taller boy lives in Japan. "You're kidding, right?"

 

"No" Yixing groans as he rubs his face in frustration. Why was it so hard for people to accept that he has the biggest crush on Jongdae? The last person he told about this, Kris, spluttered tea all over Yixing in disbelief. "I really, really, really, absolutely like him." Yixing reiterates, emphasizing the words really, to send his message across. Jongdae's not that hard to like, it's just that people are afraid of the midget. Jongdae's nice when he wants to be, handsome, sweet when he also wants to be, caring, and many more. He is everything a person wants in a lover. "Chanyeol, help me! I at courting and… GOD!!!"

 

"Judging from the way you are acting now. I kind of believe you and your weird affection on Jongdae" Chanyeol says as he judges Yixing, rolling on his bed while trying to hide his red face. Chanyeol had ever seen this face on two people Baekhyun and Jongdae. Baekhyun when Chanyeol had started courting him. Jongdae when… "Oh! I just remembered something"

 

Yixing looks up from the pillow he was crushing his face in and to the pixelated face of Chanyeol on the computer screen. The giant's wearing a stupid grin that worries Yixing greatly. "What?! Why are you giving me that face?"

 

"There's only two ways to get through Jongdae's heart" Chanyeol mysteriously informs as he smushes his face near the camera. "Rain and Sunrise"

 

"Huh?" Yixing raises a brow in confusion.

 

"Rain when you want to prove to him you're worth it" Chanyeol explains with a whisper that Yixing can't barely hear. Yixing wonders why Chanyeol is acting like a spy on a mission but considering that he is Baekhyun's on and off boyfriend this is probably normal. "Confess to him under the rain and he would give you his heart. It will secure a place for you in his heart"

 

"I've been friend with him for years. I probably have a place in his heart already" Yixing defends himself.

 

"You're not Baekhyun" Chanyeol deadpans. "You are not that lucky to be irreplaceable."

 

"But I was here first" Yixing huffs in jealousy. Baekhyun can't be that special to Jongdae.

 

"First, Second, Third, Fourth, or last. You are not Baekhyun" Chanyeol says with a small grin. He finds an irritated and jealous Yixing amusing. It's not everyday you find someone as angelic as Yixing jealous because of an eyeliner diva that Jongdae treats as a family. "Chillax Xing, Baekhyun's not a competition. He's just the constant in Jongdae's complicated life. No big deal. Now let me continue"

 

"I still think it should be me"

 

"Tell that to me two years later" Chanyeol states, face unreadable and scary before being replaced with his idiotic smile. "Now as I was saying, Rain. Rain is the perfect time for you to confess while Sunrise is the perfect time for you to gain a lost trust back. But since you haven't really done anything bad yet, let's start with rain."

 

"What are you planning?"

 

"A long drive"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jongdae is awakened at one' o clock in the morning by a loud knock on his window. Jongdae ignores the sound but the incessant knocking is getting to his head and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to push the suspect out of his window and to his death. And so begrudgingly Jongdae gets off his bed to scare off the person bothering him at such ungodly arms of the morning. Especially when it's raining and Jongdae loves the rain. "Wha--Yixing?"

 

"Hey! Good morning" Yixing awkwardly waves, hoodie up to shield him from the rain. The older male is shivering from the cold and Jongdae feeling a little bit sorry for the male lets him in. Yixing is grateful at the gesture and Jongdae rushes to the cabinets to get his friend a towel to dry off.

 

"Are you out of your mind?" Jongdae throws the towel at Yixing's face. "You could have gotten sick. What in the world were you thinking? Standing outside the rain at one in the morning?"

 

"I wanted to take you on the drive" Yixing says innocently and Jongdae scowls at him.

 

"That's it" Jongdae doesn’t look impressed. "You exposed yourself to illnesses just to take me out on the drive. Are you high or something?"

 

"Maybe" Yixing shrugs and Jongdae's scowl deepens. "Come on, Jongdae. Just for tonight or morning. You'll enjoy this I promise you."

 

"Where are we going anyway?" Jongdae asked.

 

"Donghae" Yixing beams and Jongdae throws a pillow at his face.

 

"I hate your stupid grin" Jongdae remarks with a roll of the eye. "Fine, just give me time to change"

 

"Take your time" Yixing sings, heart pounding nervously in his ribcage. He didn’t think Jongdae would say yes to the offer that easily. He thought he was gonna use force to persuade the younger male but he guesses Jongdae is just as excited as he is.

 

They leave the mansion fifteen minutes after with Jongdae wrapped in a thick jacket and holding a pink blanket for emergencies.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yixing had borrowed Kris' genesis coupe under the condition that he would do the taller male's art project. Yixing had begrudgingly said yes but insists that Kris' professor would notice the sudden change of style from the frustrated Picasso. Yixing had wanted to use his own car but Jongdae gets dizzy when he uses his corvette for long rides to nowhere. Jongdae thinks it's too small for his taste and too bullety (whatever that means).

 

"You should sleep. It's a three hour drive to Donghae" Yixing informs his bestfriend as he enters the expressway to their destination. Jongdae waves him off playing with the radio, his pink blanket over his head.

 

"Nah… You ruined my mood. I don’t feel sleepy anymore" Jongdae answers as he flips from one radio station to another. "I'm so envious. I wish I have a car"

 

"Why don't you ask your grandpa? Maybe he'll buy you one" Jongdae snorts at the suggestion.

 

"He's a cheapstake"

 

"Just like you" Yixing comments and Jongdae whines at him.

 

"I'm not. I just happen to value money more than those rich kids at school" Jongdae huffs as he stays on one station playing indie music. "Seriously, why can't they just learn to spend wisely? I swear to god if my future Zhihan grows up like that I'm disowning him."

 

"Zhihan?" Yixing asked.

 

"The name of my future child" Jongdae answers.

 

"You already have a name for your future children" Yixing smiles in amusement. "Wow!"

 

"Don't judge me" Jongdae whines. "I want to prepare for the future. Thinking of names at the last minute is a hassle you know"

 

"Maybe" Yixing says, smile not leaving his lips. "But what if you had a girl?"

 

"I'll name her Catherine"

 

"Oh my god!!" Yixing laughs and his companion slaps him in the arm for being such a bad friend. "Hey! Hey! I'm driving here"

 

"It's not like you could think of a better name" Jongdae crosses his arm like a child.

 

"I could" Yixing changes lanes to the right. It's still raining but not as heavy as before. "If it would be me I would name our child Zhihan, Cheonsa, and Michael"

 

"Our child? Our?" Jongdae asked and Yixing stiffens at the slip of the tongue.

 

"Did I say ours? I mean yours? You know I'm Chinese, I can't speak proper Korean" Yixing tries to save and Jongdae is still looking at him with a huge question mark above his head. "Hehe!!"

 

"Whatever" Jongdae shakes his head, trying to get the thought away and moving the discussion along. "And why is it three? I only want a Zhihan. Nothing more, nothing less"

 

"You can't predict the future" Yixing reminds.

 

"Then I'm using protection" Jongdae says. "I want one. Just one!"

 

"Wanna bet?"

 

"Bring it"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jongdae's sitting atop a grey comforter and under a transparent umbrella provided by Yixing. He has his pink blanket wrapping around him to save him from the cold and as much as he wants to kill Yixing for dragging him into this trip, he secretly loves it. He had always dreamed of watching the sunrise in Donghae and Yixing is fulfilling his wishes kindly. Yixing's sharing the pink blanket with him. The rain is slowly stopping, reducing to small raindrops falling on the umbrella.

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Expected time of sunrise 5:11 am

Don't forget your speech, brother!!!

 

"What speech?" Jongdae asked as he reads the giant's mysterious message from over Yixing's shoulder. "If I remembered your graduation was last week"

 

"Chanyeol's just delusional" Yixing closes the text message and hides his phone away from Jongdae. "Well, we still have about an hour still sunrise. You wanna take a small nap beforehand. I'll wake you up ten minutes before sunrise."

 

"Not sleepy" Jongdae smiles before a yawn comes and Yixing chuckles.

 

"Sleep" Yixing insists as pulling Jongdae closer and placing the other's head to lay on his shoulder. Jongdae blushes at the closeness and he thanks all deities that its dark. "I'll be here"

 

"You better be" Another yawn and he finds his eyes too heavy to carry.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Yixing, you told me you won't leave me alone" Jongdae cries, whole figure being restrained by his two friends. Yixing had been wise enough to turn his back away from Jongdae. "You love me, right? Then why are you leaving me alone? I don't want you to. I don't!"

 

"Jongdae, calm down. People are staring" Chanyeol whispers to Jongdae.

 

"Let him go, Jongdae" Baekhyun leans his shoulder onto Jongdae's when Yixing finally found it in his heart to leave. To go home and never turn back. Baekhyun hums a small song to Jongdae's ears.

 

"I'll miss you" He cries as he watches Yixing walk to the gates and being welcomed by someone else's arms. "Don't leave me! Yixing!!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jongdae startles awake at the dream. He tries to catch his breath while he looks for Yixing who wasn’t beside him anymore. "Yixing? Yixing?! Where are you?" He feels tears prickling in his eyes and he doesn’t even know why he feels a sense of abandonment from the dream. It feels too real and Jongdae's afraid of it. Deathly Afraid. "Yixing?! Yixing?!" he stands looking for his friend, left and right. He runs to wear the car is parked and sees no Yixing from it. He runs to the sea and then he feels like a child again. Being abandoned by his mother to stay with his estranged grandparents.

 

"Jongdae?" Yixing walks with two bottles of water in his hands to only find their place vacant. "Jongdae? Jongdae, where are you?" he places the water bottle gently on the grey comforter as he looks for his friend. He hears sniffling when he walks near the sea. "Dae?"

 

Jongdae's as his head on his knees, crying and trying to get the horrible dream out of his mind. He's strong, he shouldn’t let something unreal get to his head. He hears footsteps near him and then warmth wrapping around him. "Xing?"

 

"What's wrong, Chen?" Yixing says as he gently grabs a hold of Jongdae's head to face him. He sees the tears dropping from Jongdae's eyes and his heart constricts at the sight. "Why are you crying?"

 

"It's nothing" Jongdae hastily wipes the tears away.

 

"You won't cry if it's nothing, Chen. Tell me what's wrong" Jongdae sees the concern in Yixing's eyes and he feels warm inside. It's still dark and yet he could see the sincerity from Yixing.

 

"I dreamt that you left me. I dreamt of having a breakdown and it felt so true, Yixing" He whispers to the air. Yixing could feel Jongdae shaking and he pulls Jongdae closer to him. It's not the cold that's making the younger, it’s the fear. Maybe this was what Chanyeol meant when he said Yixing wasn’t a constant in Jongdae's life. Yixing could still leave whenever he wants to because as much as Korea is his current residence. China was and will always be the place he would fall back on when things gets rough. Jongdae doesn’t have the power to control the future neither does Yixing. "I don’t want you to leave"

 

"I won't" Yixing assures the other male. Because that's what Jongdae needs, assurance. "I won't leave you. I'll be here even if we're old and grey. In a parallel universe I might leave but in this universe I won't. I assure you that. I Promise you that."

 

"Don't make promises you can't keep" Jongdae says silently.

 

"I won't make promises that sounds impossible to fulfill" Yixing smiles as he pulls Jongdae away to wipe his tears. "There's a legend about the red string of fate that connects you and me together. It might stretch, it might tangle, but it will never break. We're a pair"

 

Yixing intertwines his fingers with Jongdae's and he notices how it perfectly fits with each other. Jongdae has a small smile on his face at the thought. "Are you confessing your love to me?"

 

"Partially" Yixing laughs, he kisses Jongdae's hands with affection and Jongdae blushes like a tomato. "I was planning to confess under the rain but I chickened out. Now I'm delaying it for the sunrise"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because its much sweeter that way" Yixing answers.

 

Jongdae laughs at his friend's face, sadness forgotten completely. "Don't really care if its sweet or not" Jongdae leans closer, pulling Yixing to him. "Now kiss me"

 

"Can we wait--"

 

"Nah!!" Jongdae says as he claims Yixing's lips for himself. Yixing is surprised at the action but kisses back just as eagerly as Jongdae. There's a small speck of light from a distance and Jongdae pulls back when he feels something wet drop to his nose. "I guess you're lucky" Jongdae laughs as he sees the sun slowly rising from the horizon. "Just in time, don't you think?"

 

"Fox Rain" Yixing smiles as he feels raindrops falling on his face. "Rain and Sunrise, the perfect combination"

 

"I'm hungry" Jongdae says out of nowhere. "Can we eat?"

 

"It's too early" Yixing answers.

 

"Drive me to the nearest McDonalds. I need food to function" Jongdae tells Yixing just when his stomach begins to rumble for food.

 

"Fine, Master" Yixing teases. "But first I need an answer."

 

"There's no question. What do I need to answer?"

 

"Would you be my boyfriend, Kim Jongdae?" Yixing kisses the tips of Jongdae's nose.

 

"Just love me right" Jongdae sings as he pokes the dimples on Yixing's cheeks. "Can you love me right?"

 

"In the wise words of EXO: You and I look good together" Yixing raps teasingly. "Whatever you want, I'mma make it work. I just wanna make you love me"

 

"Good!" Jongdae drags Yixing to the car. "Now get me McDonalds. I want a quarter pounder!"

 

"He loves me! He loves me!" Yixing sings and Jongdae laughs at the silliness. "My entire universe is you" He picks Jongdae up his feet and towards the car.

 

And we won't even talk of what happened seven years later :)