It's a Boy

Oh My Baby!!

“No wonder, I never visit the doctor. It’s such a waste of time” Luhan says a little impatient and bored. A frown was set unto the other’s face, dress hitching up, and all erted father tries to catch a glimpse of. Jongdae knows if Luhan wasn’t too preoccupied with irritation of his current situation he would have turned all the erted males around him into frogs. “I mean, why does it take too long to just learn about a baby’s gender?”

“Luhan, calm down” Baekhyun says the elder male dress-up as a female. “I’m sure it’s our turn any minute now”

“Oh, you wish it would be or I swear to God I’m turning everyone here into frogs!!” Luhan exclaims causing everyone’s attention to turn to him. “What?!” Luhan hisses and everyone tries to go back to their work. Afraid of the male’s, female’s, wrath.

“If I didn’t know any better I would think Luhan’s really pregnant” Kyungsoo whispers to Jongdae. Jongdae snickers at the statement and Luhan’s glare redirects to him.

“You! If you weren’t such a vengeful maniac all of this wouldn’t have happened!” Luhan screams into Jongdae’s face. Forgetting the different factors that would contribute to either a crying Jongdae or an angry one. “Now my manliness is dwindling down to nothing!” Luhan cries into Jongdae’s ears.

“And you think mine, isn’t” Jongdae screams back at Luhan’s face and Minseok scrambles to pull Jongdae back down. Luhan has never seen Jongdae angry and he wanted to disappear into the pits of earth to escape the pregnant male’s wrath. “Shut up, Luhan! You don’t know about my life! You don’t know what I’ve been through! Now sit the down or I swear to god I’ll break your face”

“Yes sir” Luhan squeaks, saluting, and taking his sit again. Luhan notices everyone’s attention on them and before he could speak up Jongdae decided that it would best to stare them down.

“Watcha looking at people?!” Jongdae inquires with enough venom and malice to terrify all pregnant ladies and their partners in their sits. Jongdae glares at them one last time before the door to the doctor opens and two pairs of eyes lands onto Jongdae.

“Jongdae?”

“Liyin?”

“What are you doing here?” Liyin asked her fiancé and Yoona watches the gang in amusement that Kyungsoo wants to wipe it off the wicked female’s face. “No, what are all of you doing here?”

“Oh yeah, about that” Jongdae does a 180 degree personality flip, all smiles and gentleness, that it sends a shiver to everyone’s back. “We’re here as moral support for Luna” he points to a dressed-up Luhan who waves at them awkwardly. “As you see Luna here is a single mother and she had asked us to take her to the doctor since it’s her first time.”

“Oh really?” Yoona says skeptically.

“Yes, really” Jongdae challenged the female. “Do you want us to send you her baby’s ultrasound to prove our words Yoona”

“If you must” Yoona shrugs and if Liyin wasn’t beside her, Jongdae would have torn Yoona’s face off. “But I wouldn’t want my baby to associate himself with an illegitimate child”

“It’s not like yours is any better” Luhan, now Luna, pipes up in the back with a smile of malice.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Oh, you know what it means” Luhan smirks at her just when Uee comes out of the door to call for Luna Lovegood (ask Zitao). The gang rises from their sits to follow the emotionless secretary to Zitao’s office. “Tatah wrench and Ms. Beautiful. We’ll meet again soon” Luhan pats Yoona’s cheeks before disappearing behind the doors.

Jongdae and Baekhyun were the last people to enter and Liyin takes the chance to step them. “Please tell me the truth. Why are you guys really here?”

“We’re here for a doctor’s appointment as you have heard” Baekhyun speaks up for the first time in a span of an hour. “Luna’s a lonely soul after a mistake about four months ago and we as her friends decided to help her. Your cousin might call Luna’s baby illegitimate but that child means tons to us.”

“But you don’t have to worry” Jongdae continues for his friend. “Luna’s still weighing the choice of keeping and giving up her baby. So there’s no such thing as illegitimacy going on here.”

The two bestfriends turn to leave but Liyin grabs her fiancé in the hand, stooping him from his tracks. “Don’t give up on the baby. Mistake or not. Legitimate or Illegitimate. It’s still a child. So Jongdae please tell Luna to keep the baby.”

“I will” Jongdae smiles at his fiancée kissing her on her cheeks and letting Baekhyun drag him into Zitao’s office.

~~~~

Jongdae stares at the ceiling in guilt and misery while his friends ramble on about the real gender and month of Baby Zhang. “I say it’s a boy and four months old” Baekhyun says proudly with a smile.

“I bet it’s a boy and it’s on its 4.5 months” Luhan proclaims.

“You’re just adding a half to my bet that’s not fair” Baekhyun whines slapping Luhan on the shoulder.

“Well, I bet Baby Zhang is on its 16th weeks” Minseok says smugly.

“Now you’re just turning my betted month into a weeks” Baekhyun complains but Minseok continues to give him a smug grin.

“19th” Kyungsoo smiles at all of them, presenting a hundred dollars to his friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

“But it’s still May”

“And? If you learned how to count you would know by now that our friend is in his fifth month” Kyungsoo takes a chair beside Jongdae but not before pushing Baekhyun off of it. “Jongdae got pregnant on 15th of January, you told me that Baekhyun”

“What?! Me? No I didn’t”

“Whatever” Kyungsoo waves him off. “Baby Zhang was two weeks old when we started to suspect the symptoms. Ongoing two months when we went to the clinic.”

“Wait, you took notes of everything” Jongdae snaps out from his thoughts when he heard Kyungsoo listing out the months of Baby Zhang’s progress.

“Yeah. Now shut up let me continue” Kyungsoo says to his companion, clearing his throat and proceeding, “Baby Zhang was three months when we found Luhan. Four months when the engagement party happened and now Jongdae’s starting his fifth month.”

“Wow!” Baekhyun whistles, “You’re very organized but I still stand with my bet. Four months pritches!!”

“You’re on. Ready your hundred dollars boys I’m gonna be rich” Kyungsoo cackles evilly when the door springs open and a giddy Zitao enters.

“Okay, Muchachos! Let’s start” Zitao puts on his gloves and the gang makes way for him to start the check-up.

~~~~

“Congratulations!” Zitao exclaims as he smiles to his newly acquired friend and an awkward Jongdae, transducer pressing onto Jongdae’s bloated belly. “You’re on your 19th week.”

“What?!” Kyungsoo smirks evilly at his friends’ dejected faces.

“You’re kidding right” Luhan says to Zitao. “Please tell me you’re kidding.”

“No. I’m sorry Luhan but Jongdae’s halfway through his five months” Zitao informs the other male, “But on the bright side Jongdae’s having a baby boy”

“We know that already!” Minseok, Luhan, and Baekhyun chorused handing Kyungsoo his winnings. Kyungsoo laughs at the thought of being rich while the other cries for their empty wallets.

“This is why, you should never bet with me. I always win” Kyungsoo proclaims while Zitao hands a tissue to Jongdae to wipe away the gel and printing the 5 copies of the ultrasound for each father. “Jongdae, we’re eating at Byeokjae Galbi tonight!”

“Jongdae?! Why are you bringing Jongdae?” Minseok asked with a hint of jealousy in his eyes.

“He’s my lucky charm” Kyungsoo wiggles an eyebrow. “Also Zitao you’re coming with us”

“What?!”

“That’s so kind of you Kyungsoo” Zitao hands the ultrasound to each father. “I’ll be there”

“Of course you are.”

“I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE MY LIFE!” Baekhyun smashes his head on the wall, gently. His too handsome for violence, you know.

~~~~

The trio—Zitao, Jongdae, and Kyungsoo, were in the middle of dinner when Kyungsoo opens up a question that no one ever had the courage to ask before. “What are you gonna name the baby when his born?”

“I don’t know” Jongdae takes a bite from his galbi.

“I don’t know? Seriously, that’s a lame name for a child Jongdae. How can you be so uncreative?” Kyungsoo asked his bestfriend while Zitao nods in agreement.

“It is not.” Jongdae defends his answer. “It’s actually creative when it comes to pranks. Like hello! When a person asked me for my child’s name I could just answer them I don’t know and they would all look at me…”

“Like an idiot” Zitao and Kyungsoo says in unison while Jongdae scowls at them.

“I was gonna say cool. You’re both hurting my feelings.”

“Oh boohoo” Kyungsoo says, “But seriously what are you gonna name your child if he’s born?”

“Mol-lah”

“Jongdae! Please be serious”

“Seriously, I don’t know” Jongdae tells Kyungsoo in surrender. “Never thought about giving him a name, okay.”

“Why?” Zitao asked.

“Well, for starters if I give this child a name. I might start getting attached to it” Jongdae answers honestly, playing with the straw of his orange juice. Kyungsoo and Zitao exchange looks of concern before letting out a sigh.

“Are you really gonna give him up?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I don’t know. Liyin spoke to me this morning and it kind of made me think about my choices” Jongdae says with a conflicted look in his face. “I’m just really conflicted at the moment.”

“It’s just a name Jongdae. You could name him after its father if you wanted to”

“Hell no!! Having two Zhang Yixing’s is a headache” Jongdae retorts to Zitao’s suggestions. “I have a feeling if I name him after his father he’ll get dumb and I don’t like to deal with dumbness thank you very much.”

“Yeah, it’ll probably bad to name Jongdae’s child after its father” Kyungsoo agrees, wincing at the memory of Yixing being Jongdae’s shock absorber when the other gets really irritated. “I wouldn’t want baby Zhang to be infertile before he turns thirteen.”

“Yah!! Are you implying I could hurt my son because he might act just like his father?” Jongdae reaches out to slap Kyungsoo on the shoulder.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Kyungsoo laughs ad Zitao follows after.

“Yah! Yah! Stop laughing! I’m not that sadistic. I won’t hurt my son just because he might remind me of Zhang Yixing! No… Stop laug—“

“Jongdae?”

The laughter seizes when they heard a weak yet angry voice from behind Jongdae. “”

♥♥♥♥♥