I'll Devote Myself To You

Oh My Baby!!

A/N: This chapter contains both angst and weird romance (I fail at romance). Enjoy~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yixing's mad. Really mad, and he doesn't even know why he's ing mad. He should have known by now that Jongdae still have issues with him when it comes to trust. He knows that Jongdae would never look at him the same way until the past decides to repeat itself and let Yixing fix all of his mistakes. Yixing knows he's a lost cost since the beginning and as much as he had accepted it, it still hurts to hear it from Jongdae himself. Can't the younger see Yixing's trying his best to restore Jongdae's lost trust. 

 
"Yixing wait! Let me explain!" Jongdae runs after the older who ignores him in favor of getting out of the building and sorting out his whole thoughts and life. "Yixing!"
 
"What?!" Yixing screams, turning to look at the younger with a glare. Jongdae stops in his tracks as he sees all the pent-up frustration release from Yixing's quivering (in rage) body. "I don't know what else you want to explain to me. I know what I did was wrong, Jongdae. I know I should have fought and went back to you but I didn't have choice. Do you know how hard it was to just turn my back and leave you a crying mess in the airport? You weren't the only one who's hurting. You weren't the only one!"
 
The cult members cringes as Yixing screams at Jongdae. Yixing never got angry at Jongdae and if he did he would mostly resort to keeping quiet and let everything frizzle down on its own. 
 
"I'm sorry" Jongdae whispers and the others had to strain their ears to hear him. 
 
"Sorry? Is that all you can say sorry?" Yixing chuckles darkly.
 
"Then what do you want me to do?!" Jongdae's eyes flashes in rage as he screams at the other back. Minseok and Kyungsoo to move forward and comfort Jongdae but Baekhyun holds them back. This was a fight between the two lovers and they have the right settle things on their own. "Give you my trust back? Because it's not that ing easy to do."
 
"It's not easy because you aren't even trying" Yixing spats with venom and acid in his tone. "You're just so caught up with the past with all the hate that you cant even bother to move on."
 
"I'am trying!!" Jongdae balls up his fist in frustration. "But once your heart gets torn into bits of pieces it gets really hard and I'm sorry..."
 
"I don't want your apology" there's a distinctive sound of thunder outside the building that cuts through a momentary silence between the group. There's no movement from anyone even if the hall was crowded with different figures of high-status people. The gang is immobilized in their position like the frozen figures around them. "I don't need anything more than know that you still love me. That you're trying to give me all your trust back not for Zhihan but because you love me."
 
"I..."
 
"Five years ago, February 13" Yixing says as he calms down and the cult members exchanges looks of remembrance. It was the day that started it all. The day Jongdae gave everything to Yixing and vice versa. It was the day Yixing decided that he would spend the rest of his life with Jongdae but then magic got in the way. "Do you remember what I said to you?"
 
"I love you. I love you so so much" Yixing answers, hands caressing the other's face. "Remember that, okay?" 
 
Jongdae could still hear the sincerity in Yixing's voice as he said those words and Jongdae fights the urge to curl up in a ball and cry. Those were the words Jongdae had held on for years before he gave up waiting for Yixing and continued onto his life in autopilot. Those were the words that have brought him to depression and at the same time gave him hope of a happily ever after. Jongdae had never forgotten those words even if he wanted to. "Do you still love me?" Yixing asked as he gets near the other.
 
"Yeah" Jongdae voice cracks as the first drop of tear fell from his eyes. He hastily wipes the liquid away but it's futile when more follows after the first. "So...so...much"
 
"Then let me in" Yixing says as he wipes some of the stray tears away from Jongdae's eyes, a smile slowly forming from his lips. "It's a long process but I'll be there every step of the way."
 
"I...I'm afraid" Jongdae whispers to the wind.
 
"Of getting your heart broken?"
 
"Of you leaving me again" Jongdae answers, whole attention solely on the floor. He's afraid what Yixing's reaction might be, afraid that the other might laugh at him. It's a silly thought but hey! He has trust issues. 
 
"Is that why you push me away?"
 
Jongdae remains silent as Yixing waits for him to answer. The cult members remain at sidelines in worry for whatever Jongdae might say. Jongdae had never been open about his real feelings for his former bestfriend/ lover. He would often go round in circles to avoid answering them, sometimes ignoring the accused questioner until the matter is forgotten. Baekhyun knows Jongdae's answer by heart. Liyin knows Jongdae's answer by experience (though she is somewhere in Thailand going on vacation).  Luhan knows Jongdae's answer by telepathy and as if on autopilot the betting game begins. 
 
"Jongdae?" Yixing calls out.
 
"It's getting late and we still haven't made any plans for tomorrow" Jongdae says as he avoids the question. 
 
"Jongdae please. Stop avoiding it." Yixing pleads with a sigh. "It's just a yes or no answer"
 
"I..." Jongdae looks towards the Baekhyun for help but his bestfriend hides behind Chanyeol in defense. Baekhyun wouldn't allow himself to help this time. The two needs to settle everything on their own. The cult's just there in case of emergencies. "I... I thought I could get you back again when I got better with my depression. I went to China to plead for your return but they told me you were engage and I felt betrayed and sad and then before I knew it I lost faith in ever getting you back. Then you returned and feelings started to develop again, weird feelings, that I thought that if keep Zhihan you wouldn't leave me alone. I'm not that different with Yoona as I would like to believe. We're the same, we're both selfish, and if you managed to leave her then what about me."
 
"I won't leave"
 
"You said the same things before"
 
"Then I'll be with you as best as I can" Yixing rephrased as he grabs a hold of Jongdae's hand. "And as the song goes: I will hug and hold your hand, If I'm able to express my heart" Jongdae looks for the sincerity in Yixing's eyes and it was more than what he expects. Love, Genuine love, just for him and no one else, "I'll devote myself to you."
 
"Promise me" Jongdae tells the other and Yixing's eyes glints in happiness.
 
"I promise" Yixing swears with all his heart, body, and soul as he leans in to claims Jongdae's soft cat-like lips for his own. The cult members cheers at the sight with loud wails from both Zitao and Chanyeol. It was the end of the long war between the two (the start of the end) and the cult truly believes with enough time Yixing will restore Jongdae's black and battered heart to its former glory. 
 
Jongdae breaks the kiss first and he leans his forehead against Yixing, "我爱你."
 
"나도 사랑해" Yixing hugs Jongdae tightly and the cult members behind them coos at the lovely sight.
 
"True love does exist" Zitao sniffles, retrieving a handkerchief from his pocket and blowing on it loudly. The other members nods in agreement and Luhan sees something peculiar that had him howling in happiness.
 
"It's back!!" Luhan runs towards the couple and pulls them apart in excitement. Yixing glares at the witch for breaking the moment on zen until he feels Luhan grabbing his wrist. "Well I'll be" Luhan whistles like a cowboy, "I guess Jongdae does really love you as expected. The Glowing Unicorn is back." The cult members including Jessica forms a circle to see the glowing unicorn in Yixing's wrist, the protection charm in full power. 
 
Baekhyun rubs his chin in thought before pulling Jongdae near him and tearing the male's tshirt off. Jongdae squeaks at the sudden action, trying to cover himself from everyone's view, while shaking Baekhyun off his back. "Your scorpion doesn't look like a scorpion" Baekhyun mutters as he traces the glowing symbol at Jongdae's left shoulder. 
 
"What?" 
 
"It looks like a glowing letter S" Chanyeol pushes his boyfriend away to take a good luck at the charm. Baekhyun growls at his boyfriend before shoving him away to regain his spot behind Jongdae. "Why'd it change?"
 
"Oh!" Jessica snaps his finger with a smile. "It didn't change it always looked like that"
 
"No it didn't" Kyungsoo quips. "Jongdae's symbol looked like a scorpion with its stinger and scorpiony parts. This just looks like a letter"
 
"It's not a letter, it's lightning" Jessica clarifies and the cult members tries to connect the dots of it being a lightning. So far all they could see is the letter S and Jessica sighs in defeat. "It's the scorpion's real form" more blank stares greet her and she tries to find easy words to explain the situation. "When Jongdae got his symbol for the first time he was untrusting of Yixing, right?"
 
"Yeah"
 
"Well now that Jongdae's slowly placing his trust back to his lover. The scorpion's reverting to each original form." The looks the cult had given her was completely blank and confused that she wonders how Luhan lived with the bunch for seven months. But now that she looks at it, her audience, Luhan was also confused as hell. "It's stature" she tries again and the cult just shakes their head in wonder. 
 
"Can you just like get to the point?" Baekhyun offers and the girl hisses at him in spite. "Magic's kind of confusing for most of us"
 
"Fine!" Jessica growls. "It's a protection charm. A protection charm feeds off of love and trust, it gets its power to protect from those two things. Since Jongdae didn't trust Yixing before, the charm was considered weak and prone to any fatal attacks in other words poison, death by knife or gunpoint. The more the charm is exposed to trust the more it becomes strong. So in the laymest of laymen terms it means that if Jongdae was vulnerable before now he is considered indestructible along with his son and this guy" She points at Yixing. 
 
"So you're telling us that this unconventional family is immortal?" Minseok asked.
 
"Not immortal just indestructible, inseparable, stuck for eternity, all that ing jazz" Jessica flails in frustration as slowly the gang digest in the information. "Can we just please move on and get to the romance? My head hurts with all this explaining"
 
"Uh sure" 
 
-----------------
 
It's a three hour trip from Seoul to Donghae. The cult member after the meeting had forced Jongdae and Yixing to take a small trip to the sea while they handle stuffs in the morning. The wedding they had known was scheduled in the afternoon a and until then the gang had given the couple free liberty to do what they want. Jessica had offered her full service to distract Yoona as much as possible but in the condition that Yixing would return at exactly twelve o' clock noon. 
 
Jongdae had been adamant in leaving abruptly worried for the baby at home. Baekhyun had assured that he would take good care of Zhihan and Kyungsoo was given the sole duty of keeping a good on Baekhyun in case the other breaks his promise. 
 
It was one am when the gang had sent them off with Zitao's Maserati as their form of transportation. Zitao had threatened Jongdae to buy him a Ferrari if the car is ever damaged but the elder doesn't even bat an eyelash at him. Jongdae was too stingy to buy himself a car, he would have owned five freaking Lamborghinis by now (Baekhyun owns one Ferrari after pestering Jongdae to buy him one-- where it is? No one knows). After thirty minutes of endless wailing Jongdae relented and promised Zitao a replacement if Yixing as so ever puts a scratch on his baby. 
 
"Remember, no " Baekhyun says as he cleans off any imaginary dusts on Jongdae's shirt. 
 
"Yeah" 
 
"And always be kind"
 
"Yes mom" Jongdae rolls his eyes.
 
"My baby's all grown up" Baekhyun sniffles in mock happiness. Chanyeol walks towards him to give a comforting back hug. 
 
"Baekhyun stop" Jongdae laughs at his bestfriend's antics. "It's not like I'm going to get married. It's just a trip."
 
"No, young man" Baekhyun says as he pokes a finger on Jongdae's nose. "Do you not recall that Yixing had proposed to you a few weeks ago?"
 
Jongdae shrugs and his bestfriend sighs in disbelief. "Fine I do but..."
 
"But nothing! I need you and Yixing to kiss-kiss muah-muah chup chup!" 
 
"Uh what?" 
 
"He said that he wants you and Yixing to have your fairytale ending" Chanyeol explains for Baekhyun. 
 
"We'll try" Jongdae smiles and Baekhyun lunges to hug the other to the ground. Jongdae laughs at his bestfriend's antic.
 
"I'm so happy" Baekhyun whispers to his ears. "I'm so happy for you. You're finally getting the happiness you deserve. Just make sure I'll be the best man in your wedding"
 
"If we make it out alive tomorrow" Jongdae offers before Yixing calls out for him to get in the car, it's a four hour drive and if they want to be home by twelve they needed to leave immediately. Jongdae gives Baekhyun and Chanyeol a big power hug before running and getting inside the white Maserati. He gives one last wave to the cult members before the car zooms away. 
 
"Well this is the official starts of..." Luhan regroups the cult including jessica.
 
"Operation Eternity and Beyond" the cult pumps a fist in the air.
 
-----------------
 
Jongin's waiting for his uncle by the door with Sehun sleeping soundly beside him. It's already five in the morning and their were still no signs of his favorite uncle. Zhihan had woken up at three o'clock wailing and if it wasn't for that Jongin would still be asleep by now. There's loud noises behind the door that have Jongin smiling brightly.
 
"We're back!" Baekhyun announces and Sehun jolts up from his sleep to glare at the beef before going back to dreamland. Jongin runs to Baekhyun with a big smile, asking for the other to carry him. Baekhyun obliges without another word. He is Jongin's godfather.
 
"Uncle Baekhyun, where's uncle Jongdae?" Jongin asked.
 
"He's out with uncle Yixing. Why?"
 
"I wanted to ask him about Zhihan" Jongin fidgets with his dog stuff toy. 
 
"What about him?" 
 
"Well... I was wondering who little Hannie looks like the most" Jongin's eyes twinkle with delight and Baekhyun takes a moment to ponder the question. Baekhyun had never thought of that question before, or maybe he had but doesn't remember. Jongin waits for an answer.
 
"I guess Zhihan kind of looks like Jongdae" Baekhyun answers as he ruffles the child's hair fondly. "He has uncle Jongdae's eyes, nose and ears"
 
"But He has Yixing's dimples, lips, and eyebrows" Kyungsoo cuts in and Jongin looks excited at the sight of his Kyungsoo. Jongin squirms out of Baekhyun's hold to plant himself on Kyungsoo's leg and the owl groans silently as he sees Baekhyun smile at him teasingly. Kyungsoo might look annoyed at the child's antic but they know that deep within the confinements of the owl's heart, he is actually fond of the younger. 
 
"Uncle Kyungsoo welcome back!" Jongin greets.
 
"Yeah" Kyungsoo pats the younger awkwardly in the head and Jongin continues to smile at him in endless admiration. Luhan's laughing loudly at the back and Kyungsoo wishes that Sehun would wake up and taunt the witch to the mental hospital.
 
------------------
 
Jongdae's sitting on the sandy shore with Yixing hugging him by the waist, there's a warm blanket wrapping around them from the cold. They've arrived earlier than expected and currently they were just basking at the calmness the sea breeze is giving them. No words were exchanged between them for about fifteen minutes until Jongdae's phone rang signaling an upcoming message. Jongdae retrieves his phone from his back pocket and reading Baekhyun's small reminder.
 
From: Queen Baek
 
Expected time of sunrise 5:34 am
Don't miss it!!
 
"Also, Jonginnie's asking who Zhihan got his looks from" Yixing reads from over Jongdae's shoulder with a small smile of amusement. "Tell him, he looks like me"
 
"No way. Zhihan looks like me" Jongdae nudges his lover on the stomach, gently. Yixing laughs at the annoyed tone from Jongdae before pecking him on the cheeks. "And tell me how long was my son under your care, anyway?"
 
"About a day" Yixing smiles. "And it's our son"
 
"Do you really need to emphasize that?" 
 
"Of course!" Yixing tightens his hold on his lover. "He's my beautiful baby boy with my beautiful future wife"
 
"Wife??" Jongdae shrieks as he turns to flick Yixing in the nose. "I'am no one's wife. I'am a man"
 
Yixing hums in response and the person infront of him sends him a glare of annoyance. "Whatever you say lâo po" Yixing teases and Jongdae smacks over the head but the other only laughs at him in amusement. Jongdae was entertaining to watch when annoyed. Very.
 
"I hate you" 
 
"No you love me" Yixing kisses Jongdae on the nose and the male blushes as he scrunches his nose cutely. "So...so...so much"
 
"Maybe" Jongdae shrugs and from the corner of his eyes he sees the first ray of sunlight shine on them. He turns to witness the beautiful scene and perhaps make a wish for the future. He closes his eyes mentally asking for a happy end to his story and Yixing watches Jongdae in awe. Yixing thinks his lucky to have someone as beautiful like Jongdae but does Yixing really deserve the other. "You okay?" Jongdae asked as he sees Yixing's dejected look just after opening his eyes.
 
"I think I'am" Yixing replies.
 
"You think? Lay chip tell me what's wrong" 
 
"I just love you okay" Yixing caresses Jongdae's cheeks gently as he leans his forehead against the other. "And don't ever ever ever forget that."
 
"Even if I have Alzheimer's" 
 
"Even if you have Alzheimer's" Yixing smiles as he gives his lover a cute Eskimo kiss. Jongdae giggles at the small gesture and Yixing promises to whoever was listening that he would protect Jongdae and Zhihan with all his might. Jongdae hums the tune to promise before soft pair of lips meets his in a sweet kiss. 
 
"You think you could handle another child?" Jongdae cheekily asked Yixing as he breaks the kiss.
 
"I always wanted two anyway" Yixing answers with a wiggle of the brow before Jongdae is grabbing him by the hand and towards Zitao's Maserati. What Zitao doesn't know won't hurt him.