Substitute Father(s)

Oh My Baby!!

Luhan wakes up to the sight of three masked male staring at his soul. Normally Luhan would have stared back but due to his sleep-induced state he screamed at their faces long and high. Two of the masked men scampers away while the one in the middle continues staring before grabbing something off the floor and spraying it on Luhan's mouth. Luhan chokes on the wet bitter stuff sprayed, trying to get it out of his system. "Save me!! I'm dying"

"You'll get over the taste" Baekhyun, Luhan recognizes, says in his face. Baekhyun stands up from his crouched position and Luhan can now clearly see the pink febreze in Baekhyun hands. He glares at it and it's owner menacingly. Luhan had declared that he doesn't like Baekhyun since the very beginning of this chapter. If Luhan would have known that he would be kidnapped in his own store by his current victim's friends he would have think twice of giving Jongdae the water. 

"Why are you holding me captive? And why did you spray that thing in my mouth?" Luhan questioned at the group. 

Baekhyun holds up the febreze, "Well for starters, you're breath stinks and this so happened to be near me at the moment" Luhan wrinkles his head in thought before blowing out air from his mouth and sniffing it like a rat. Luhan smells onions and grilled chicken from it before nodding in agreement. "Second, we're here because we wanted answers"

"Answers on what?" Luhan asked.

"Jongdae's predicament" Minseok answers. He sees the looks of confusion in Luhan's face before introducing himself like a civilized person, "Hi I'm Minseok and we really need answers Luhan. The guy next to Baekhyun is Kyungsoo, if you're asking"

"Thank you for the introduction, Minseok" Luhan smiles at the other. Minseok nods and goes to turn off the light at the corner. Kyungsoo, he remembers, walks in front of Luhan to turn on the lamp hanging above the victim. Luhan doesn't even remember installing the thing above. 

"This would be over quickly if you cooperate" Kyungsoo states, pushing a finger at the age of lamp and letting it sway overhead. "But if so ever you resist the truth, we will not be afraid to hurt you"

"Got it" Baekhyun puts on black leather gloves and walks towards Luhan who doesn't answer. Luhan glares at Baekhyun and the other glares back. They really were not at the best terms. "Peasant, do you read me?"

"What if I don--" Slap. Luhan feels pain in his left cheeks and the other smiles smugly at Luhan's pain. 

"Got it, peasant" Baekhyun reiterates. Minseok and Kyungsoo knew this would be a long day for the both of them. They just wished to be near Jongdae and sleep alongside the pregnant male.

----------

Jongdae wakes up hungry and cranky. His feet was hurting and because of this he can't get fully rested, plus his parasite was asking for food at four in the afternoon. "BAEKHYUN!!" He shouts loudly into the air, "Baekhyun!! I'm hungry!! Where are you?"

Jongdae awaits for his friend's footsteps or even obnoxious voice but nothing came. Jongdae scowls at his friend's absence before stomping a way to the basement. He doesn't like being ignored not by his workers and especially not by his own Bestfriends. "Baekhyun!! I'm hungry" he slams the door open to the basement startling the three interrogators and a red face Luhan. The world stops as Jongdae stares at Luhan and then back at Baekhyun. "Are you planning on killing him?"

"No" Baekhyun answers, "I plan to get an answer"

"Then why is his lips bleeding"

"Oh this" Luhan goes crossed eyed, taking a look on his lip and it clean, "it was raspberry pie Minseok bought it as a bribe"

"A bribe? For what?" 

"Answers you dimwit" Baekhyun retorts with a scowl, turning towards his bestfriend, a fork in hand. He hand down the liberty in feeding the captive man and Jongdae stares at him weirdly. 

"Couldn't you just have asked me?" Jongdae takes a sit by the window.

"We could" Baekhyun smiles. "But where's the fun in that?"

"Plus, you actually gave us very vague answers" Kyungsoo pipes up from beside Minseok with a plate filled with raspberry pie. "And we don't need that. We want real answers."

"Real solutions" Minseok eats his own share of the raspberry pie and Jongdae finds himself craving for it.

"Mind if I have some Baekhyun" Jongdae asks his bestfriend who was again tormenting Luhan with the pie. Baekhyun raises a thumbs up at Jongdae before the male scampers towards the box on the table, Xiumin slicing him a piece without another word.

"Now Luhan I will ask again" Baekhyun takes a deep breath, trying to look menacing, and yet Luhan's whole attention is on the raspberry pie in Kyungsoo's hold. "How do we get rid of the spell?"

"Get rid of it? You can't get rid of it. It's humanly, or may I say witchly, impossible to get rid of the spell" Luhan informs, wrinkling his nose in thought, and Baekhyun tries to take in that small bit of information. 

"So you're telling me my friend is hopeless" 

"At this point, pretty much" Luhan shrugs before wiggling his hands to get a piece of the mouthwatering pie. Baekhyun exasperated at Luhan's answer shoves the whole thing in the other's mouth and basking on Luhan's misery.

"What do you mean at this point?" Kyungsoo asked, handing a bottle of water to Luhan,before remembering about the binds and dropping the bottle on the ground. Luhan continues to cough the pie out of system until Minseok comes in to save the day.

"Thank you" Luhan greatly smiles at the other.

"You're welcome" Minseok pats Luhan in the back and taking a sit beside a happily eating Jongdae. "Now Luhan, continue on to your explanation."

"Why is Jongdae hopeless 'at this point'?"  Baekhyun asked, quotation marks up in the air.

"Well, there was one cure in ridding off the spell that I have forgotten to mention" Luhan grins sheepishly and all attention was on him now. Jongdae had taken his food aside to look at Luhan hopefully. "The cure for the thing is to..." He looks from left to right and the others watches him expectantly. "...excrete it out"

"What?!" The four friends screams at the witch who winces at the loud sound. "That's it!"

"Yup that's it" Luhan smiles.

"You mean the only way to reverse this spell was excreting the whole thing out" Kyungsoo exclaims with a hand in the air. "All Jongdae needed to do was urinate and everything would turn out okay."

"That is correct" Luhan nods in affirmation and the whole group rejoices in happiness. Trying to persuade Minseok in buying Jongdae a whole galloon of water with smiles on their faces before Luhan decided to open his mouth again. "But...But-but-but Jongdae's condition is pretty hopeless now."

"Hopeless? But you just told us about the spell reversal" Minseok his head in confusion. 

"I did. But I did say at that point" Luhan tells the other who looks at him in confusion and slight hint of fear. " The only way for the spell to take its effect is through a kiss. The only way to get rid of the spell is excreting it out BEFORE the kiss."

"Wait. Stop. Rewind." Jongdae says through a fresh bout of silence within the group, hands fidgeting his on his shirt. "Are you trying tell to me that I could have prevented this by excreting the whole thing out before making a wish?"

"Before or after, it depends. All the curse really needs is kiss to take a effect-- either a person or a thing, doesn't really matter" Luhan informs, chanting a small spell under his breath, before the binds comes loose and he is free to go. Stretching a little bit before patting the small male in front of him in the cheeks. "At first I was really worried about you messing up my little experiment but then you kissed that Yixing guy and all was well again. Isn't that amazing?"

"No, that is not amazing" Jongdae yells in the verge of crying is eyes out. "I'am stuck with this living creature inside me because of your experiment and...and I can't live like this for nine months. I just can't Luhan!!"

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Minseok runs to comfort their crying friend. Jongdae has never cried in front of them ever. He was always the strong on in the group and they were at lost. Kyungsoo looks at Luhan with pleading eyes and Luhan feels like a douche, "Can you at least try and help him?"

"I'm sorry, guys" Luhan apologizes at the three friends. "But Jongdae's gonna have to accept his fate. I would call it Karma, I suppose."

"Karma?!" Baekhyun exclaims angrily. "This is not the right time for you to lecture Jongdae about that."

"It is Karma whether you like it or not Baekhyun" Luhan narrows his eyes the smaller male. Baekhyun was slowly getting on his nerves. "Your bestfriend would have been safe from the experiment if he wasn't too blinded with revenge. If I remember completely, he wanted to make Yixing's life a living hell and look where you are now. You are suffering the spell's effect more than Yixing himself and you know why?"

There was silence between the group as they find the courage to voice their question. Jongdae weakly pipes up after a few minutes. "Why?"

"Because you can't mix revenge and love together" Luhan answers and the others gasp at the revelation but he choose to ignore it. "You can't have two things at the same time, Jongdae. You just can't. I'm sorry if I messed up your life but you just have to keep moving forward. Learn from your mistakes maybe it will help get rid of that stick in your ." Kneeling infront of the crying male, he wipes the tears away, and sends his brightest smile. "Hey, you're stronger than this. You can get through this with or without Yixing. We'll help you get through this. I'll help you get through this"

Jongdae sees sincerity in Luhan's eyes and nods. "Thank You..."

"You're welcome" Luhan hugs the smaller male before being pushed aside by Baekhyun.

"Well, if you're gonna help us raise Jongdae's kid and Jongdae himself you need to learn some rules. KYUNGSOO!!" He calls as Kyungsoo comes in with a big book in hand. Baekhyun takes the book and dropping it into Luhan's lap. 

"Wha-what is this?"

"A survival guide" Baekhyun grins mischievously, "Learn it. Live it. Love it." And Luhan thinks about the choices he has made in life.