I Miss You

Oh My Baby!!

Chanyeol is actually a very close friend of both Baekhyun and Jongdae. They met him when they were once forced to attend summer camp. Not many knows about the giant's existence and the two friends had made sure of it. Chanyeol was their secret keeper even if the younger can't hold that much secrets to begin with.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol had dated for a while before the giant was sent to study in Japan. Baekhyun was heartbroken, of course, but he easily got over it. And it's not like Chanyeol fully cut off their connection with one another, they write and call one another often, it's just that they don't see each other. Baekhyun was never a fun of Skype and Chanyeol was always busy with medical school. 
 
Baekhyun keeps no secret from Chanyeol. 
 
"Excuse me?" Yoona says scandalized at the announcement. "What do you mean about Yixing proposing?"
 
"He didn't tell you." She shakes her head as a no. "Jongdae and Yixing dated for a few years. It's a shame that they broke up"
 
Chanyeol sounds sad as he answers the curious female. Yoona seethes in her place. If she had known about this whole thing in the beginning, she would have prevented the former lovers meeting. Yoona had separated them before and she would do it, again. Yixing was hers to control and own. Luna, Jongdae, or any other could just die in a ditch. "Do you know where they are?"
 
"Maybe"
 
--------
 
As the members of Daexing cult marches onto their destination with Minseok playing the guitar tunelessly and the vocal-line humming sweet melodies, Yixing ponders the words that he would want to tell Jongdae. Baekhyun had told him not to apologize and he wonders if he should follow the smaller male's advice. Yixing had done a lot of things to Jongdae that is in need of a proper. Then why is Baekhyun telling him not to?
 
"Because you're reminding Jongdae what he doesn't want to remember" Luhan answers Yixing's question with a silly grin. He had fallen back from the other vocals to talk with the conflicted baby daddy. "You've said enough sorry's to last a lifetime. Those are not the words Jongdae want to hear from you Yixing."
 
"If it isn't, then what?" Yixing plays with red velvet box in his hands. 
 
"Think Yixing" Luhan sings happily. "What was the last thing Jongdae had told you?"
 
"I'm an idiot" Yixing offers with a grimace and Luhan sighs.
 
"That's not what I meant, Yixing?" Luhan rubs his forehead in distress. Liyin has texted a while ago about Jongdae getting suspicious about the gang's absence. Baekhyun was not one to pass up an opportunity to relax. And if the gang delays this activity further then Jongdae would get more suspicious and the quest for a happily ever after will never happen. "What was the last thing Jongdae asked you before you left him?"
 
"Uh...am I a game to you?" 
 
"Try harder" Luhan says and Yixing goes through everything that had happened five years ago. Yixing remembers the confrontation scenes clearly. Some glimpses of Jongdae getting stood up in Everland on Valentine's Day. He remembers a sickly Jongdae begging him to stay. A delusional Jongdae who wouldn't let go of Yixing even with Chanyeol and Baekhyun's combined effort. 
 
"Yixing, you told me you won't leave me alone" Jongdae cries, whole figure being restrained by his two friends. Yixing had been wise enough to turn his back away from Jongdae. He was afraid if he would stare at Jongdae one last time, he would crumble and everything he had sacrifice would turn into nothing. "You love me, right? Then why are you leaving me alone? I don't want you to. I don't!"
 
"Jongdae, calm down. People are staring" Chanyeol whispers to Jongdae.
 
"Let him go, Jongdae" Baekhyun leans his shoulder onto Jongdae's when Yixing finally found it in his heart to leave. To go home and never turn back. Baekhyun hums a small song to Jongdae's ears. 
 
"I'll miss you" it was a miracle that Yixing heard those small parting words. 
 
"The last words he told me were I miss you" Yixing tells Luhan.
 
"And do you miss him?" Luhan asked with a small smile.
 
"Yes."
 
"Then tell him" Luhan ruffles the other's hair fondly. "Took you a long time to figure it out"
 
----------
 
"Where are they?" Jongdae paces around the living room while Liyin watches him boredly. "It's nine o'clock and Minseok hyung is blind at night. What if they meet an accident?"
 
"Luhan's a witch. They'll be safe. Relax" Liyin comforts the male with a smile. 
 
"Yes Luhan's a witch. But he's an idiot" Jongdae plops next to the girl, leaning his head on LiYin's shoulder. He's tired and bored. Where was the weird Daexing Cult when you need them?
 
"Mic test 123" a suspicious voice, Baekhyun, is heard from outside the living room. There's a smack before a crash and a whine that had the former lovers running towards the patio. Baekhyun is seen rubbing his head while glaring at Kyungsoo who is happily taking his position in the middle. 
 
"What's going on here?" Jongdae asked but the five males just smiles at him. Yixing comes forward with a bouquet of flower in hand, handing it to Jongdae, before settling in his position beside the piano.
 
"Sit back, relax, and enjoy" Tao announces happily and then the music starts with the piano, played by the one and only Zhang Yixing. 
 
"Lying beside you, here in the dark. Feeling your heart beat with mine~" Kyungsoo starts off with his beautiful sultry voice. Jongdae looks at Liyin for answers but the woman is having fun feeling the music with a smile. 
 
"What's the agenda for tonight?"Jongdae questions but gets ignored. 
 
"We sailed on together~"
 
"I didn't know you could sing Luhan" Jongdae comments and gets a stink eye from the witch who continued to sing at his heart's content. 
 
"And here you are by my side" Luhan ends his line and Baekhyun continues on after. Taking the responsibility of singing the chorus with a determined expression that Jongdae haven't seen in years. After awhile Jongdae learns to enjoy the music and the wonderful harmonization of the infamous Daexing cult members. 
 
Liyin waves her hands at he music and Jongdae follows after with a laugh of happiness. This reminds him of his high school days when everything wasn't too complicated as it was now. This was fun, this was carefree, this was something Jongdae had missed for five years. 
 
Open arms was a song Jongdae had performed with his friends during school presentations. Listening to it was different to singing it to an audience. There was no pressure in making the audience happy while listening. It was just pure relaxation, no worries, just music.
 
"Hoping you'll see what your love means to me" it was a voice that Jongdae had only heard three times in his whole lifetime. The singing voice that exhibits gentleness unlike Baekhyun's raspy one. A voice that isn't as deep like Kyungsoo but cool in the ears. A singing voice that made Jongdae fall in love with angel. "Open arms~" 
 
There's a beat of silence between the group. The music has ended and it's only Yixing and Jongdae in their own world. Liyin had grabbed the bouquet of roses from Jongdae's hold before running beside Zitao to watch the drama unfold. "Why...?"
 
"Why what? Why the sudden behavior?" Jongdae nods in silence while Yixing smiles at him. "Well at first it was because I wanted to gain back your heart but Baekhyun told me not to bother. But then a certain witch told me what I needed to do. Told me what to say"
 
"Ooohhhh. Luhan's not that useless than what I originally thought" Baekhyun smiles and Luhan sends him a kick on the shin. 
 
"Are you gonna apologize again?" Jongdae asked.
 
"I wanted to. I wanted to tell you how much I'm sorry for being an but then that would get us back to point one. I won't allow myself to tell you I love you because then that would make me more of an . So I'm gonna tell you how much I missed you." 
 
"What?!" 
 
"I'm gonna tell you how much I missed you and your laughter. How much I missed the way your eyes crinkle when you smile, how tight and warm your hugs are. I want to tell you how much I missed having late night talks with you. I miss our time together and during those five years all I really wanted to do is go back to Korea and forget about anything else other than you." Yixing tells Jongdae with a very serious tone. He reaches out to cup Jongdae's face with his hands, leaning his forehead against the other's. Zitao is trying to hold back his squeal while the Baeksoo duo hums the tune to Bella Notte. 
 
"Then why didn't you come back?" Jongdae questions, voice soft.
 
"Because I was afraid. I was afraid that if I turn my back on Yoona she would hurt you." Yixing answers truthfully and the gang quiets their singing down to listen to Yixing's story. "My family went bankrupt during the time I left. The business they had invested in was slowly diminishing and they wanted me to save it.”
 
"How?" Minseok squeaks out.
 
"Yoona." Yixing simply answer and the others gasped loudly at the announcement. "I signed a promise to wed a Yoona in hopes of getting our company back on top."
 
"I-I'm sorry. It's because of my selfishness your company would go down" jongdae apologizes. "I didn't know."
 
Yixing wipes the stray tears from Jongdae's eyes with a small bittersweet smile. "The company's fine now. It's all in the past. What matters know is you, me, and our son. So stop crying"
 
"It's like I'm watching a drama" Zitao blows his nose loudly.
 
"Tao you're ruining the moment" Luhan scolds.
 
"I miss you" Jongdae whispers to Yixing, almost inaudible. "I miss your stupidness, your weirdness, your cheesiness, everything. I don't know why it took you so long to figure that out. I was almost considering having a doctor check you for amnesia or ear condition. But I'm glad Luhan and Baekhyun knocked some sense out of you."
 
"You have wonderful friends with good intentions. You're lucky to have them" Yixing remarks with a proud smile. 
 
"We know. We're lucky to have ourselves, too" The Daexing cult declares proudly before breaking into loud laughter. "But do carry on."
 
"So what happens next?" Jongdae questions after the laughter dies down and silence once again fills the air. 
 
"What do you think happens next? The king kisses his queen" 
 
"But I'm not a girl" Jongdae whines.
 
"Shut up, Jongdae" Yixing smiles and Jongdae doesn't move away when Yixing decides to close the minimal distance between them. Lips meeting lips and somehow Jongdae feels young again. It feels like the first time no rush, no biting, no venom, just pure sweetness that Jongdae missed and longed for five years. Zitao wails at the back while Kyungsoo cries for losing another bet with Baekhyun. That was two hundred dollars dammit!
 
"To eternity and beyond?" Yixing says when he pulls back from the kiss, giving Jongdae an eskimo kiss as a sign of comfort, before taking out familiar necklace from his pocket. He slides out the ring from its chain before taking Jongdae left hand in his hold. Jongdae's heart pounds loudly in his chest and the spectators wanted to squeal I'm excite met but holds themselves in case they made a fool of themselves. "Jongdae, I’m gonna burn in hell for doing this but I’am in love with you. I really do and I was too afraid to fight for this five years ago and I’m gonna make it right this time. I’m gonna fight my fears and make you mine for eternity. Five years of separation had made me realize that I needed your presence more than I need air or the success of our company. Ma, had always said to follow my heart and I’am doing it now. Jongdae ‘Chen’ Kim, will you be the straw to my berry?”
 
“Are you quoting Auburn with me, Yixing?” Jongdae asked the other male with a smile filled with unending happiness. 
 
“Maybe” Yixing smiles his dimpled smile only reserved for his bestfriend, boyfriend, the mother of his eldest child, and maybe fiancé. “To eternity and beyond?”
 
“Your son thinks you're too cheesy” Jongdae says when he feels a kick in his abdomen. “But yes. To eternity and Beyond” He humors his fiancé who howls, along with the gang, in happiness at the answer. Sliding the eternity ring into Jongdae’s left ring finger before pulling him into a tight hug. Yixing was definitely going to burn in hell but he doesn’t care. All he cared about at that moment is his small unconventional family and their little cult.
 
"ing! I lost five hundred dollars for this" Kyungsoo groans while Baekhyun jumps in happiness due to the money he earned and the happiness Jongdae was finally granted.
 
"Oh relax Kyungsoo. Your money's in the right hands" Baekhyun smiles while Kyungsoo sticks a tongue out to the other. "And aren't you happy Jongdae finally getting his happily ever after?"
 
"I'am. It's just that sometime we forget that there's still a third party lurking in the shadows" 
 
"Oh Kyungsoo lighten up. It's not like Yoona ever gonna find ou--" Baekhyun trails off as he sees his past lover standing about three meters away. "Chanyeol?"
 
"Baekhyun" Chanyeol smiles happily before he gets crushed into a hug by his former lover and bestfriend. He didn't even see the other male move from his spot. "I missed you"
 
"I missed you, too" Chanyeol returns the hug before stepping away. "Oh yeah and I brought someone" he pushes a petite figure from behind him and the Baeksoo didn't know how big their eyes had gotten. Baekhyun was just happy Minseok wasn't there to pee in his pants.