Tuesday Morning

Oh My Baby!!

Jongdae arrives to work with sunglasses too big for his eyes, shielding him from the light. His head was killing him and even though he knows he had only a little to drink, he's body was not cooperating with him today. He glares at everyone in his path through dark lenses, shooing the other occupants within the elevator with a wave of the hands, and pressing the number to his destination. 

"You look like " was the first thing Baekhyun said to him when the doors of the elevator opened. He gives no attention to Baekhyun and walks towards his office with a groan. His head was desperately trying to end his life but being the stubborn person his body is, he won't go down without a fight. "What did you do last night? Did you and LiYin have a fight? Are you finally dying? Is LiYin withholding s--"

"Shut up, Baekhyun" Jongdae slumps on his leather chair with a groan. Too weak to put up a fight and god what did he even drink last night. Baekhyun stares worriedly at his friend for a brief second before flipping his clipboard for Jongdae's important meetings and schedule. A headache isn't an excuse for skipping a day filled with endless probability. "Where's my coffee?"

"Kyungsoo's buying it" Baekhyun scribbles something on his clipboard before erasing it within seconds. "Something about feeling a sense of foreboding and dark auras lingering into one. I swear we really should intervene with Kyungsoo's fascination of the unreal" Jongdae weakly nods in approval before resting his head on his palms, "did you drink some painkillers today"

"Woke up late. Didn't have time to grab any medicine" Baekhyun sighs at his friends recklessness before putting down the clipboard and heading towards the first aid kit at the corner for some medicine. Minseok had adamantly insisted for Jongdae to keep the kit for emergencies and untimely hangovers like now. "I'm dying..."

"That's good" Baekhyun fills a cup with lukewarm water, two pills of painkillers on hand, and ignoring the boring holes in his back. "You're doing the world a favor. One less insensitive in the wo--" he dodges a thrown stapler at him easily as if he was used to this on a daily basis, "--rld. I don't really understand how LiYin puts up with you"

"Love does things to people" Jongdae accepts the painkillers given to him with a grateful smile before swallowing it down along with the water. A few drops spills from his mouth in his haste and Baekhyun hands a towel. 

"God you're still disgusting"

"I love you too" Jongdae smiles just when the door is kicked open by a beaming Kyungsoo, three cups of coffee on hand. Jongdae and Baekhyun drools at the aroma before diving down onto Kyungsoo for some well-deserved hot coffee. Kyungsoo growls at them a while later for messing up his dress shirt. 

"If it weren't for the fact that i needed both of your souls for my future ritual, I wouldn't have stuck with both of you" Kyungsoo wipes his coffee stained shirt with a tissue while glaring at his sheepish looking Bestfriends. "God, this would take forever to wash"

"It's only a coffee stain" Baekhyun sips from his hot coffee, "it would fade away...eventually" Kyungsoo visualizes Baekhyun's body lying in a pool of blood and how it looks pretty in his eyes. Kyungsoo is the neat freak of the group, who takes dirty clothings and appearances as a menace to mankind. He is also allergic to the smell of sweat, bringing febreze with him everyday at work in case of emergency. Baekhyun thinks it's just Kyungsoo being weird while Jongdae and Minseok concludes it's an obsession. 

"You wish it would because I'm planning on sending you to hell first" Kyungsoo hisses at the male, imaginary fangs waiting to poison Baekhyun, who backs away slowly into the corner. Kyungsoo feels the fear from Baekhyun quench his thirst and he reverts back to his normal passive self. Baekhyun considers Kyungsoo an abomination to mankind. "So Jongdae, are you physically and mentally ready for the meeting today?" 

"Meeting? What meeting?" 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened at Jongdae's look of confusion and Baekhyun muses the knowledge of bolting out the door, "you didn't tell him" 

"Well, it was a matter of making it a surprise and getting punched in the face" Baekhyun smiles uneasily at Kyungsoo's glare. He had been pondering for awhile now about his choices in life and getting his face destroyed isn't a part of it, though there wasn't really a choice since the beginning. It was always to get punched or be punched. See, no choice.

"Oh my god! Baekhyun you are a moron" Kyungsoo ruffles his hair in frustration. "Stop protecting your face! It's already rearranged in the first place" Baekhyun scowls at the insult.

"It's not like your face is any better" 

"Well for your info, it unfortunately is"

Jongdae groans at his friends in confusion. As Baekhyun and Kyungsoo throws insults at one another Jongdae takes the liberty to check Baekhyun's most trusted clipboard, flipping through the countless doodles of Kyungsoo's death in it and landing on one particular name typed in calibri, font size fourteen, and could only be found in page number 4, column six, row 2. Jongdae rubs his eyes for confirmation, blinking a couple of time before letting out a high pitched screech. 

"I told you it was better if you told him before hand" Jongdae hyperventilates in the corner, turning from pink to blue to pale white to red, and Baekhyun swears Jongdae is half chameleon, half dinosaur and half human. "Now look at him! He's dying even before satan got to him" 

"Are you still on about that whole getting Satan's autograph" Baekhyun looks at his friend mortified. 

"Yes, yes i'am" Kyungsoo cackles evilly for a good few seconds before turning serious once again. "So, any ideas on saving Jongdae from choking in his own saliva"

"Nah!! Leave him there" Baekhyun slings an arm on Kyungsoo, "he'll get over it within an hour" Grabbing his clipboard in Jongdae's hand, he ushers himself and Kyungsoo out of Jongdae's office. "I wonder how Yixing looks now. I hope he got hotter"