When Jealousy Strikes

Oh My Baby!!

Jongdae wakes up feeling a small pressure on his abdomen. He hears gentle whispers in the air before blinking awake and noticing a wide-awake Yixing talking to his unborn child. Jongdae thinks it’s too childish and early for this nonsense but he lets the father be. “Hey Baby Zhang, would you be okay to have another brother? It’s not with the same mommy though but he could be a fun playmate. You know mommy’s right. Even if I don’t want to have your baby brother he’s still mine and he shouldn’t pay for his mother’s mistake.”

“You’re right, he shouldn’t” Jongdae yawns and Yixing turns to look at him, a big smile in place.

“You’re awake. Good morning” the elder greets.

“Good morning” Jongdae smiles. “I see you’re awake earlier than me for a change.”

“I wanted to make you breakfast in bed but I got distracted”

“I could see that” Jongdae tries to sit up but Yixing refuses to move from his place on his abdomen. “Uh… Yixing can you?”

“Oh yeah…I’m sorry” The other says moving away and Jongdae mutters a small thanks to him, stretching like a cat when he finally managed to sit himself properly on the bed. Jongdae is finding it hard to carry his weight but he tries not to complain about it. He got himself in this position to begin with. “Do you want anything for breakfast today? Bacon, Egg, Sausage… uh Kimchi?”

 “Why would I like to eat something spicy in the morning?’ Jongdae raises a brow.

“I just guessed” Yixing scratches is neck in nervousness. Jongdae gets cranky easily in the morning and Yixing is scared of that. “So…uhhmm…what do you like?”

“You don’t have to worry about breakfast Yixing. It’s a Wednesday”

“And?”

“Liyin’s visiting” Jongdae finds amusement at the way Yixing stiffens at the name. Face going blank before forcing a very fake smile. This is the reason why the gang loves Wednesday. Not only was Liyin here to take care of Jongdae but because Yixing tends to become very possessive of his ‘Jongdae’. It’s not like Jongdae is his to begin with.

“Th-That’s nice” Yixing croaks. “I’ll just be in the bathroom if you need me” he turns to leave the pregnant male alone and when Jongdae was sure the door to the bathroom was closed he grabs his phone to update Baekhyun about Yixing’s situation, stifling his own laughter.

To: Queen Baek

Yixing’s starting to get jealous. Please don't mess up for once.

To: King Dae

Relax I have everything covered. This is gonna be great

To: Queen Baek

You bet it will

~~~~

Yixing is seeing red. Like the type of red that makes him blind with rage and hate for the girl feeding his bestfriend sweetly. Jongdae’s enjoying his misery, he knows it. He knows he shouldn’t be jealous, the two aren’t even together anymore, but he can’t help it. the girl is too close for his liking.

“Yixing, are you okay? You look kind of red” Liyin tells him concerned. Yixing tries to hide the snarl directed at the girl, so he smiles at her instead. Jongdae shots Yixing an amused look.

“Yeah, fine” Yixing says in monotone.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes” His voice cracks in under pressure and Jongdae snorts in amusement. The boy is enjoying his misery too much.

“Oh yeah Jongdae” Liyin fusses over the other again, hands all over the place, and Yixing glares at it. “I brought the toys you left at home.”

“Toys?” Yixing squeaks and Liyin uses up all her willpower not to giggle. Everyone, even Yoona, knows how much Liyin is conservative but Yixing doesn’t. This was gonna be fun.

“Really. I thought you wanted to keep them. Since they give you so many memories” Jongdae teases the girl. Liyin laughs at the joke half-heartedly, considering the glare being sent to her.

“Nope. I got hurt with one of them before. I was sore for weeks” Liyin winks at Jongdae seductively and Yixing chokes on his saliva.

“I’m sorry” Jongdae purrs. “I’ll be careful next time.”

“You should be or else” Liyin takes the package from a paper bag and gives it to Jongdae who accepts it happily. Yixing watches everything in silent rage.

Jongdae takes a small glimpse at the seething male in the side before rummaging through the package which was just full of baby toys, but Yixing doesn't know that. Somewhere amongst the toys is Kyungsoo’s ball gag. Baekhyun put it in there for good measures. “I thought you were going to keep this” Jongdae presents the ball gag to Liyin and also Yixing. Yixing is sure he was gonna die in asphyxiation. “You love this little er”

“I thought that if I keep it. I might miss you more than I already am” Liyin says with a very secretive smile that Jongdae returns. Who knew Liyin could be a good actress? Definitely not Jongdae nor Yixing.

“Wait you guys are into stuff” Yixing blurts out, catching the attention of his companion.

“Well?”

“Oh my gosh! You won't even let me gag you when we were together” Yixing says without any hint of regret. Jongdae and Yixing flushes a deep red at the announcement.

“That’s personal” Jongdae screeches. “You shouldn't go around announcing that to people”

“I did not want to know that” Liyin blushes. Jongdae moves to strangle Yixing but the elder male tries to hide behind Liyin.

“What?! It’s the truth” Yixing says and Jongdae declares war upon him. Yixing is just lucky Jongdae’s currently holding extra weight or else he's dead. This is what Liyin calls as karma biting Jongdae in the arse for making Yixing jealous. This is what Jongdae calls as utter humiliation.

“I’m gonna kill you and then chop your head off” Jongdae threatens the other male. “Remember that Zhang Yixing! Remember that!”

“Well if it makes you feel better. The ball gag actually belongs to Kyungsoo and we were just lying.” Liyin admits and Yixing gives her an unamused look. Jongdae is still staring Yixing down, willing him to turn into ashes.

“That doesn't really make me feel better”

“This is all just a ploy to make you jealous” Liyin continues with a sheepish grin. She can't lie for a long period of time.

“That. Doesn’t. Make. Me. Feel. Better.” Yixing enunciated when Jongdae finally took a hold of his neck. Liyin just looks at him awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

~~~~

Okay now Yixing is really seeing red. Currently the ex-lovers of five years were in the kitchen trying to bake cookies. Yixing had wanted to help but Jongdae kicked him out for being such a blabber mouth. It’s not Yixing’s fault to begin with, so Jongdae has no right to be mad at him. Plus, what he said was the truth. Jongdae won't let Yixing gag him whenever he was noisy. No ual innuendo intended.

“Really, how can I gag you when we only did it two times in our entire life” Yixing states boredly at the duo in the kitchen. Jongdae stiffens for a moment, turning around with a spatula on hand, while Liyin giggles in amusement.

“You’re getting on my nerves, Zhang Yixing”

“I'm sorry” Yixing apologizes with a grin but Jongdae still hit him in the head with a spatula. “Ow, you're mean”

“I’ll continue to be mean if you won't shut up. I'm warning you Yixing”

“Yes, ma’am” Yixing salutes and Jongdae gives him one last glare before letting the other be.

“I miss baking with you” Liyin smiles at Jongdae who smiles back at her. Yixing sees the ongoing chemistry between the two and he sighs in defeat unlike Liyin, he and Jongdae never went separate ways with proper exchanges of apology. Their breakup was a mess, this love story not so much, and maybe that's the reason why he's jealous of Liyin.

“You’re lying. You probably love it when I’m not around. Less things to clean”

“You’re right on that one” Liyin giggles and Jongdae smiles at her sweetly. “But seriously I miss this”

“Yeah me too” Jongdae agrees poking Liyin on the nose. Yixing watches the mild display of affection in sorrow. Jealousy forgotten instead he was heartbroken and he promises himself he won't cry like a girl. “Yixing are you okay?” Jongdae asked him, a hand fixing his hair gently. He looked genuinely worried for the elder. “You look kind of down. Is something wrong?”

“No nothing's wrong. I'm just tired” Yixing tries to smile but Jongdae doesn't believe him. Yixing stands up from his sit before Jongdae could ask more. “If you need me I’ll just be in the room. Sleeping”

“Yixing?” Jongdae calls out but the male just ignored him.

“I guess we made him too jealous” Liyin says.

“This is all Baekhyun’s fault”

“Uh-uh. You also agreed to this” Liyin remarks with a grin. “You’re also at fault.”

“You just want me to feel guilty, don't you?”

“Yup. Is it working?”

“What do you think?”

~~~~

“Yixing?” the door to the bedroom creaks open and Yixing knows Jongdae is lecture to talk to him about his sudden behavior. That’s just his negative mind speaking but honestly he was rude to Liyin. The girl had left the house a few hours after he had walked out on them and he feels slightly guilty for driving the other way. He shouldn't have took the bait the gang had planned for him. Maybe this was the initiation that they wanted. “Yixing, I’m not mad at you so please stop being depressed” the bid dips at Jongdae's weight.

“I’am not depressed” he mumbles. “Just guilty.”

“For what?”

“My actions. I was rude to Liyin when I didn't have the right to be” he faces his bestfriend a sad look painted on his face. “She was just being herself.”

“She was but we did kind of step out of line. We shouldn't have done what we did” Jongdae apologizes. “We’re sorry too”

There was a moment of silence between them before Yixing pulls Jongdae down for a hug. “Do you want to know why I was jealous?”

“It’s not about the toys, is it? Because trust me Yixing the only thing on that box was baby’s toys and then Baekhyun stole Kyungsoo’s ball gag for the final touch”

“No” Yixing whispers, head buried on Jongdae’s shoulder. Jongdae plays with his hair absentmindedly. “I was jealous because you and Liyin made through five years with each other. That even when you guys broke up you're still okay. Comfortable, happy, everything that I have to work for and it made me sad, miserable but mostly angry.”

“Lay chip” Jongdae sighs. “I don't really understand why you would compare a two year relationship with a five year relationship. Yes, we were together for three years as lovers but how long were we Bestfriends?”

“Eight” Yixing says meekly.

“Exactly we were friends for eight years. No, we were inseparable for eleven years” Jongdae tries to comfort the elder male. Yixing was always the sensitive one, the one who gets jealous easily. “And unlike my relationship with Liyin, our friendship ended the day you left.”

“I’m sorry” Yixing apologizes. “I’m sorry I let everything between us go into ruin.”

“You’re kinda forgiven” Jongdae smiles at his bestfriend, pulling back to look the other in the eye. “Now make me dinner. You made Liyin leave early now you pay the price”

“Sure”

Later that night Yixing receives an email from the president of the DaeXing cult.

To: Yixing Zhang

This is a letter informing you that you are now officially a member of the DaeXing cult. Passing the initiation with flying stars and superman. To fully solidify your membership you must kiss our ultimate leader, Kim Jongdae.

                                                                                      Thank You….

And who was Yixing to turn down an offer like this. Crawling towards a reading Jongdae he steals a small peck in the lips that have the other male surprised. “What was that for?”

“Baekhyun told me to kiss you as a part of my initiation” Yixing grins and Jongdae rolls his eyes, turning to read again. This time he was reading The Fault of The Stars, a recommendation from Zitao. Typical.