Wedding Rings

Oh My Baby!!

Jongdae doesn't know where he's going all he knows is he wants to get out of that place and have some time to think. As he slows down he hears a small sound from the baby in his hands before calmly taking a sit at the nearest wooden bench he could find. Jongdae's a coward he knows that well enough to actually feel horrible at leaving the hopeful gang and Yixing on the small makeshift church. Jongdae wants to just scream his frustration out but with Zhihan in close vicinity he is unable to do so. "Your daddy's a big coward." Jongdae tells his son as he pokes him in the nose. "A very big coward who can't get his life straight."

 
Zhihan doesn't know what his father is talking about but he feels sad and so he lets a small whimper leave his mouth. Jongdae knows his son is on the verge of crying so he adjust his son in his arms humming a small lullaby for him. It wasn't enough to get his son to calm down. "Zhihan don't cry or else daddy will cry also" Jongdae whispers to his son who was starting to cry his eyes out. Zhihan just looks like him whenever his sad and he wonders if his mother ever did the same things to him. Jongdae never met his mother, being adopted, and sometimes he thinks of what his life would be if his mother was there. What it feels like to hug a mother whenever he's down. He just want someone to hold him just for a minute. "Shhh...Zhihan stop crying" he wipes the tears falling from his baby's eyes. He doesn't even realize he was crying himself.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
"We should follow him" Kyungsoo tells his friends but Baekhyun shakes his head. It's been fifteen minutes since Jongdae bolted out of sight and the guest had slowly dissipated out of the chapel. The cult members, Yixing, Yoona, Liyin and Yixing's mother were the only people left. Yixing standing frozen in front of the grand doors, dejected at being left behind again. "Why?"
 
"We are not in the position to intervene Kyungsoo." Baekhyun informs the shorter male with a sad frown, eyes focused on Yixing staring at the door with utter disbelief and sadness in his eyes. It's deja vu actually. The fact that Yixing is doing nothing but staring like what had happened five years ago. "Yixing" Baekhyun calls out to the male,"Stop moping around and staring at the door. Follow them!"
 
"He rejected me again, Baekhyun. I don't think I can bear--" 
 
"Don't tell me your giving up on him or I'll kill you with my own bare hands" Baekhyun threatens through gritted teeth, walking towards Yixing and grabbing him by the collar. There's something urgent in Baekhyun's eyes and a sense of hopelessness. This love story won't end until the two stop being cowards and face the music for everyone's peace of mind. "Listen you son of a hybrid donkey! Jongdae didn't reject you. He's just ing surprised at the sudden turn of events and with his brain the size of a peanut and an emotional quotient of zero, he's probably bawling his eyes out now. So I'm repeating myself, follow them, get your son and lover back."
 
Yixing just continues to stare at Baekhyun blankly and the midget resorts in shaking him violently. With the way Baekhyun's handling the problem with Yixing they won't have any solutions soon and Yixing's mother decides to intervene. "Baekhyun, please let go of my son." Baekhyun glances at the woman behind him for a brief second before his hold loosens and he walks next to Chanyeol who gives him a comforting backhug. Yixing is still frozen at the door, completely lost. 
 
"I remembered something like this happening before" Yixing's mother starts and all eyes were on her, curious. She walks towards her son to give him a gentle pat on the cheeks, a way of comfort for him. "The only difference was that today we're standing on a chapel other than an airport. I remember two lovers deeply in love with each other and yet too afraid to fight for what they have. Yixing all you ever wanted was to have a second chance with Jongdae and now that the opportunity is presented in front of you, you are not doing anything"
 
"Maybe I should have just stayed home and continued to pretend everything was alright" Yixing murmurs and the cult gasped at the words coming out from Yixing's mouth. "Maybe I should have just stayed with Yoona. Learned to love her"
 
"Would that make you happy?" Yixing's mother calmly asked while Yoona at the side looks at Yixing in disbelief. How could Yixing drag her name like that? 
 
"At least it would save me--"
 
"Shut up, Yixing!" Yoona screeches from her side, eyes glaring at Yixing venomously, while Liyin tries to hold her back from hurting Yixing. "How dare you say that it would be best if you stayed? If you're regretting every decision you've made this past few months well it's too late for that. Love is all about second chances. A second chance to be happy and restore any mistakes done in the past. If you had let him go before then today prove yourself. Prove to him that he is the one for you, that you will remain to your promise, that you would always pick him despite everything. I let you go, I gave you your freedom back, so please Yixing use it properly. Don't waste another minute of it"
 
"She's right, you know" Baekhyun smiles at the unicorn. "There's no way she would take you back after all the you've given her" Yixing cracks a small smile at the joke. "But Jongdae will, even if he had to experience tons and tons of heartbreak from you. That's how much he loves you. That's how much he cares.  So don't ever-ever regret that you've been given a second chance because not everyone is lucky enough to have one."
 
"Jongdae always had a dream to have his own complete family" Liyin speaks for the first time with a small smile of comfort for her once love rival. "Fulfill his wish, Yixing."
 
Yixing sees the smile everyone is giving him and he feels his confidence seeping back into his system. He develops the resolve to bring back something he had once let go and he smiles at everyone back before bowing at them in gratitude. "Thank You" 
 
"He's probably at the playground a few blocks from here" Luhan informs. Yixing nods before dashing out of the door in favor of looking for his small family. The people left behind exchanges looks of understanding before a glint of mischievousness is seen on their eyes. "So does anyone want to play priest?" 
 
"Oh I do!!" Kyungsoo waves and the cult members looks at him wearily.
 
"I thought you melt whenever you speak anything holy"
 
"Shut up, Baekhyun" Kyungsoo smacks his fellow midget in the face. "I'm the Overlord not Satan"
 
"Truthfully I don't see the difference"
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Jongdae finally manages to calm his son and put the small baby to sleep. It's getting dark but Jongdae makes no move to leave. Just staring at the Orange skies in the horizon with a tired expression. It's getting a little bit chilly and Jongdae knows he needs to get his son away from the cold. Adjusting his son on his arms, Jongdae moves to stand and return home to his apartment. Certainly no one would look for him there other than Baekhyun. And with the way he had left Yixing alone, he wouldn't even be surprised if Yixing finally gave up on him. "You know it's rude to leave a groom by the altar" he snaps his head towards a familiar figure leaning on a tree, tuxedo jacket hung over his shoulder, perspiration on his forehead. "Especially when he's ready to give himself up to his one and only true love."
 
"Yixing, what are you doing here?" Jongdae croaks out.
 
"I don't know" Yixing answers as he steps towards Jongdae. "I think I'm here to get my lover back. No. I don't think, I know I'm here to get you back. It's insulting you know..." Jongdae stares at him asking for a short explanation while Yixing finally stops just right in front of him, a few inches away. There's a small smile in Yixing's face that comforts Jongdae, the dimple on his cheek that had Jongdae's heart skipping a few beats. "It's insulting to know that you still doubt my love for you. It ruins by egoistical heart to know that my love isn't satisfied yet. I only want the best for you and if my love is still not enough then there's nothing I can do than try harder than before. I love you and our little unconventional family. I won't leave even if you're old and grey and crinkly and have the smell of urine around you because I'll make sure I'll grow old with you. I mean it when I said to eternity and beyond..."
 
"Y-Yixing?" Jongdae sees the sincerity, the resolve in Yixing's eyes, and he feels the broken pieces in his heart mend back together. A smile is slowly growing in his face and he tries to bite it off. Yixing takes something from his pocket and presents it to Jongdae with large smile. It's a ring different than the promise ring Yixing had given before. It's the ring Liyin's parents had given to him for the engagement that never happened. 
 
"The day you disappeared Liyin set me aside to give me this. It's yours as a gift..." Yixing smiles as he sits himself down and Jongdae before taking his lovers left hand. Jongdae lets Yixing take the promise ring from his ring finger, eyes solely focused on Yixing. "...but now it's yours as something more than that. It's a seal to our promise to each other, our devotion. It would be our wedding ring if you want it to be. It would be our wedding ring if you will have me?"
 
"What if I won't?" Jongdae tests and Yixing's smile turns to a smirk.
 
"Then I guess you just have to live with a very annoying and persistent unicorn" Yixing places a hand on Jongdae's cheeks caressing it gently as Jongdae leans at the touch. "I'll propose a million times just to get a yes from you. I'll find you in every lifetimes until I hear those simple words and I won't stop. I swear I won't"
 
"It's bad to swear" Jongdae smiles and Yixing knows he has an answer. "But I'll save myself from the horror of meeting you again and again. It's a yes"
 
"Really?"
 
"Yes, really" Jongdae cheekily reiterates and Yixing can't restrain the howl of delight leaving his lips. Jongdae laughs as he tries to pull the other down. "Shhh...shhh... We have a sleeping baby in our midst" The parents' eyes immediately lands on the baby and thankfully Zhihan stays asleep despite the noise. 
 
"Can I kiss you now?" 
 
"You have to put a ring on it first" Jongdae presents his ringless finger to Yixing with a cheeky grin. Yixing doesn't even think twice in placing on its rightful place on Jongdae's left ring finger. It fits just right as if it's mind for Jongdae himself. "Now..." Jongdae tilts Yixing's head back to his view. "Now you can kiss me"
 
"Gladly" Yixing leans in to take his awaited kiss from Jongdae. Jongdae smiling in the kiss and Yixing thinks he could live a happily ever after just with his small unconventional family.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
"Congratulations!!" Confetti's fly off everywhere courtesy of Zitao as the couple breaks the kiss. There's too much cheering behind them with Baekhyun's sobs drowning out most of it. Chanyeol's happily counting the money Baekhyun had won while Kyungsoo looks really good as a pastor. Luhan still can't believe that the midget managed to snag the pastor title from him.
 
"Zhihan, your parents finally got their happily ever after" Minseok tells the infant in his arms. Zhihan looks absolutely adorable in his small tuxedo courtesy of his ever stylish uncle Heechul. Zhihan laughs as he is taken from his uncle's arms and into daddy Yixing's hold. 
 
"It's picture time" Yixing coos at his son. "Smile, okay?"
 
Jongdae tickles his child on the tummy who laughs happily at the attention. Zitao thinks the moment is too precious to pass up so he takes the liberty in getting the picture himself before the official photographer. 
 
"I can't take it my heart" Baekhyun sobs into Chanyeol's embrace. The wedded couple are now surrounded by their family for the family portrait but Jongdae stops them to go off stage. 
 
"Baekhyun, come on" Jongdae extends a hand to his bestfriend. 
 
"I'm not family"
 
"You're my brother. You'll always be a part of my family" Baekhyun smiles at his bestfriend before grabbing a hold of Jongdae's hand as they walk back to the stage. Heechul pats Baekhyun in the back in acceptance along with the other Kims and even though he lost his family in accident, Baekhyun knows that he was never truly alone. He was Jongdae's brother, whether he was blood related or not. 
 
The other cult members gives Baekhyun a thumbs up in approval. 
 
Yes, Baekhyun is never alone. He has friends, he has his bestfriend, he has his nephew, and he has his weird fiancée waiting in front. 
 
Wait! He hasn't told Jongdae about Chanyeol's proposal yet. !