The Witch and The Steamed Bun

Oh My Baby!!

Liyin and Yoona had been the closest of cousins since birth. Yoona maybe a little younger than Liyin but it didn't stop them from being the way they are—inseparable. So in a fine Wednesday morning, Yoona drags a very busy yet bored Liyin out on a little girls day out. Just the two of them without their other half. it's not like either of them can drag their lovers out for a good day of bonding without hissing at each other's face. Up until this day, the two are still curious of what had happened that day on the restaurant.

“I heard Jongdae's on a break from work” Yoona starts the conversation over coffee at Starbucks. Liyin takes a sip from her chai latte before nodding. “Since his out and about did both of you go out of the country for a little vacation?”

“Sadly No” Liyin places her cup down on the table. “To be honest I haven't seen him this couple of days”

“Why?”

“Too much excuses from the boys” Liyin sighs, remembering the day before in which Baekhyun expertly diverts LiYin's attention from a missing Jongdae to her upcoming fashion show. Or the day before that when he met a crazed-looking Kyungsoo running around the city for dried mangoes. “It's either that or they are just too stressed about something and would ignore me whenever I come near them. Weird?”

“Don't you think maybe? Jongdae's cheating on you?” Yoona asked.

“No. haven't thought about that” Liyin answers with a small smile. “The boys might be ignoring me but they do speak the truth. And…”

“and?”

“Jongdae sometimes updates me about his life”’Liyin continues with a soft smile. “Just pictures of him alone with his food and sometimes with people, that I can't help but not doubt him”

“I-I see” Yoona sends a soft smile at the older before fidgeting. Taking a few deep breaths before trying to gain the attention of her cousin who was probably busy texting her beloved boyfriend-slash- fiance. “Liyin I have something to tell you.”

~~~

Luhan moans at the pain in his back. It has been three days since the important mission called: Erase Yixing's Memory and yet his ‘friends’ still haven't lifted his punishment yet. For the past three days Luhan had done nothing but follow orders from everyone in his inner circle without complaints; doing chores, cooking (which he is horrible at), and sleeping on the floor—before Minseok decided that it was enough and Luhan needed a break. “God! Maybe I should curse Baekhyun next time. I mean dude I may not be a princess but I could definitely feel the burn of that nail under my mattress”

“By all means go ahead” Minseok says, grabbing two different teddy bears from the shelf and picking one to his liking for his soon to be nephew. “So what's nicer the rocker bear or the school bear?”

“The rocker bear” Luhan answered, going towards the clothing section and picking a cute babysuit for Baby Zhang, getting attracted to the Hello Kitty babysuit at the corner, and he thinks Jongdae won't mind if he's baby boy receives a very girlish suit from his substitute father. “Do you think Jongdae will mind if I turn his son into a girl?”

“Son? Jongdae haven't reached his fifth month, yet. Why do you know he will have son?” Minseok says turning to Luhan with raised eyebrows.

“I’m a wit—“

“No wait hold that thought” Minseok cuts in, “Why would you want to turn Jongdae's ‘son’ into a girl.”

“it's a thought” Luhan shrugged with a smile before presenting the beautiful, in Luhan's eye, pink babysuit to Minseok. “And Hello Kitty could be very convincing if she wanted to”

Minseok could stare at Luhan and the baby suit with a very aghast expression before blurting, “Are you secretly a girl Luhan?”

“What?!” Luhan screams scandalized at the question. “I’am a man. A manly man. How can you insult me like that?”

“Well…” Minseok gestures towards Luhan's whole being. “You kind of resemble a girl in every way and refused to be called a wizard.”

“that doesn’t prove anything!!!” Luhan yells out loud and ten pairs of eyes snaps to look at him. Luhan cowers in fear at the attention before clearing his throat. “And I thought we made it clear that a witch is a general noun. And-and-and only Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and you refused to call me a wizard.”

“Isn't it because you scream at our faces whenever we addressed you that.” A pause before holding up two baby sneakers at Luhan, blue and red. “Choose one?”

“the red one” Luhan points to red sneakers and Minseok nods in affirmation. “And I only scream at your faces because being a wizard means getting into Hogwarts and not once did that old man-- what's his name?”

“Dumbledore?”

“Yes that guy, sent me an acceptance letter” Luhan flails almost smacking an old woman in the face who retaliates with a kick on the shin. “for the past ten years of my life all I ever received from him is a rejection letter. How dare he defile me?”

“maybe you weren't good enough?” Minseok smiles at witch who screeches on horror.

“How dare you?” Luhan points at Minseok's face with a hiss. “How dare you insult me steamed bun?”

“Steamed bun?”

“I'am the best witch in all kingdom come” Luhan ignores Minseok's glare at being insulted deciding to praise himself. “I could curse you if I wanted to. A dim sum curse, turn you into a Baozi, and eat you up. Muahahaha Ehehehe ”

“you know that kind of sounded ual and a bit crazy. Are you sure you're a witch Luhan and not a mentally ill male?” Minseok states but Luhan puts a finger on his lips, eyes going from left to right. “What are you doing?”

“I smell a child” Luhan grins maniacally.

“Of course you smell a child we’re in a children store.”

“No! A six weeks old unborn child” Luhan enunciates the word carefully, face an inch closer to Minseok and the latter flushes at the lack of breathing space. “I smell a Zhang”

“What?!”

“MINSEOK!!” a happy voice shouts from behind Minseok and if the other male wasn't so caught up in shock and a little discomfort he would have noted it was Liyin’s voice. “Minseok! What are you doing here?”

“Ahahaha…you know just manly stuuuufffss?” Minseok grabs the last bit of composure he has. Not only did Luhan freak him out but the sudden appearance of Liyin and Yoona (‘Why the effin’ hell is Yoona here) managed to throw him out and beyond the space of time. Minseok wasn't really a man of surprises and most especially getting caught in the most awkward of situations in a baby store carrying baby stuffs. Ehe, Minseok is doomed.

“In a baby store?” Yoona raises a brow.

“Yes on a baby store” Minseok nods, looking anywhere else but the two females and desperately trying to find Luhan who had vanished at LiYin's sudden greeting. “Why do you have a problem with men being in a baby store, Yoona?”

“no, not really” Yoona answers with a mischievous grin “But most often than not, men usually go to baby store when they have big secrets on their pockets”

“Secrets?” Minseok squeaks, trying to get the thought of a pregnant Jongdae away from his brain in case he blurts his friends’ secrets Infront of their fiancée.

“Yeah like when they or ‘their friend’ does something equating to INFIDELITY” Yoona emphasizes the last word with malice and Minseok tries to hold back a small whimper, hoping for Luhan to pop up anytime soon. “But I’m sure those things in your hand is a gift for a relative, right?”

“Gift? Yes a gift…Ahahaha” Minseok screeches like a banshee and somewhere near the crib section a snickering Luhan is seen. “I-I need to go”

“But Minseok what's the rush” Yoona taunts and if it was acceptable Minseok would have slapped the girl in the face. “We've only just talked for awhile”

“Ah- well Baekhyun needs me to uhmm… buy more fruits” Minseok grins. “Dried mangoes to be exact and it's particularly ha—“

“I heard Jongdae's been craving dried mangoes for awhile” Yoona smiles and Liyin feels bad for the medical student.

“Yoona you're scaring him” Liyin puts a hand on her cousins shoulder.

“Chillax cousin I'm just teasing him” Yoona says innocently and Luhan decided that he had enough fun, appearing right behind the two girls.

“Well hello there beautiful ladies” Luhan greets slinging an arm at both girls who jumps at his sudden appearance. “Its nice to meet you. I’m Luhan, Minseok's bestfriend, hope we get along.”

“Good afternoon, Luhan” Liyin smiles. “I'm Liyin and this is my cousin Yoona. it's nice to meet you, too”

“Oh Yoona” Luhan starts. “I know you you're Yixing's fiancée and you…” he points at Liyin, “are Jongdae's.”

“Yes. You know Jongdae, Luhan” Liyin asked.

“of course I do. He’s currently my charge”

“Charge?”

“Jongdae’s been a very bad boy lately” Yoona raises a brow, Liyin looks worried and Minseok is about to pee his pants.

“Bad??”

“Ah yes” Luhan plays on his invisible beard. “He forgot tell us about his sister’s bestfriend’s girlfriend’s mother’s sudden pregnancy and we did a very last minute shopping”

“That's it!!” Yoona whispers inaudibly but Luhan hears everything. “I thought he cheated on my cousin. Not much of a bad boy after all” a Luhan holds back a smirk at Yoona's ignorance.

“I’m sure both of you are curious about our whole activity and I just gave you a brief overview about it” Luhan continues with a smile. “There's no cheating going on if you're very suspicious Ms. Yoona but if there is I'm sure you would be the last person to know”

“what?!”

“Now toddles. We still need to look for dried mangoes” Luhan pushes a still shocked Minseok to the counter. “Jongdae could be very insufferable if he wanted to be. Toodles”

“no wait. Stop!” Liyin calls out towards the two leaving males. “Luhan, Minseok, can you at least tell Jongdae to meet me this Monday at my office. I need to talk to him about something”

“I-I don't know” Minseok says, “Though Jongdae might be in vacation, Baekhyun's kind of forcing him in place at the moment but I’ll try”

“Okay” Liyin beams brightly before letting the two males go. The two girls watch the males head toward the counter when Yoona calls out to them again.

“Hey boys. This would be our little secret but…” Luhan sees the happiness, the glow, and the signs of greediness in Yoona's eyes before five words of terror made Minseok finally pee in his pants. “I’m pregnant with Yixing's child”

! They were all doomed.