Pink or Blue?

Oh My Baby!!

“Guys, I have something to tell you” Jongdae breathes out and all his friends’ attention is immediately on him.

“Is it good news or bad news?” Baekhyun asked with caution.

“It depends” Jongdae shrugs at the others look horrified at the answer. Even looked a little constipated and he was a telepath.

“You’re not getting an abortion, are you?” Kyungsoo asked and this time it was Jongdae's turn to look horrified and mildly disgusted.

“Hell no” Jongdae exclaims, shaking the thought of killing an innocent child off his head. Jongdae might be called sadistic, insensitive, greedy, and all negative comments by various people but he was not that heartless. Jongdae would rather die first before letting a small child pay for his mistake. “I just want to inform you what Jongin and I discussed a few days back”

“Jongin? The five years old”

“Yes, the five years old. Jongin could be very reasonable if he wanted to” Jongdae comments with a fond smile. Jongdae adores his nephews just as much as the two adores him. Jongdae had been their caretaker since the day Jongin was born and Sehun was adopted. You see, when Jongdae succumb into depression five years ago the Kim family went into slight chaos.

Jongdae was the only heir to the world-renowned Kim Cooperation started by his biological great-grandfather Kim Chu and with him out of commission the other members of the Kim family tree decided to procreate their own kind. It took two tries for Kim Heechul to get his wife pregnant with Jongin. The first pregnancy didn't go as hoped, an ectopic pregnancy that almost cost the five year old’s mother’s life. Jongin was considered a miracle to the Kim family, a lucky charm, the most precious gem that is too attached with his uncle. The uncle he had helped pass dark times and Jongdae is forever grateful of the little rascal.

“What did you talked about?” Luhan asked.

“Things about the baby”

“You told him about the baby!!” Minseok exclaims. “Jongin’s a rascal. He can’t keep secrets.”

“Yes, he doesn’t” Jongdae agreed. “But that’s why we have Sehun to keep him in check.”

“Sehun’s four” Kyungsoo tries to point out.

“And?”

“He’s irresponsible”

“Kyungsoo!!” Baekhyun reprimands the shorter male with a hit in the shoulder. “You shouldn’t say mean things to a child.”

“What? But it’s true.” Kyungsoo pouts in dismay and the group gasp at the other’s sudden childishness.

“Okay, who gave Kyungsoo a baby potion?!” Zitao pipes up from the sofa and everyone’s eyes snaps at Luhan.

“What?! Just because I’m a witch doesn’t mean I passed charm school, you know” Luhan defends himself arms raise in surrender in case someone pounces on him.

“You’ve made a memory charm before” Minseok says.

“Memory charm?” Luhan asked in confusion. “I’ve never made a memory charm. I stole that from Filius Flitwick”

“Luhan!!” Zitao scolds the elder. “Did you trespass onto Hogwarts territory again?”

“Maybe” Luhan grins mischievously before turning serious. “But back to the topic at hand. Jongdae was telling us about his child.”

“Oh right. Right” Baekhyun nods, looking towards his friend sitting by the center. “Jongdae. Carry on”

“Okay” Jongdae smiles at the group, clearing his throat to deliver the news that would save humanity. “Papa don’t preach. I’m in trouble deep”

“What?”

“Papa don’t preach. I’ve been losing sleep”

“Wait, are you quoting Madonna to us?” Kyungsoo asked with raised brows. “Cause I’am not amused.”

“But I made up my mind…” Jongdae continues with a smile.

“Are you playing the complete the song lyrics game with us?” Now it was Baekhyun’s turn to ask a question. “Because dude we’re not that old”

“Luhan-hyung! Maybe you know that answer since you’re a witch and all” Kyungsoo helpfully supplies but witch glares him down.

“Yes I’am a witch” Luhan starts off. “NOT A VAMPIRE!! I was born in 1990’s you dumb feces”

“Border line or within?”

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out”

“He was born within the border-line” Zitao answers for Luhan and the latter shrieks at being betrayed by his own peasant. “What?! It’s true”

“You weren’t supposed to say that to them”

“Why?”

“Because they’re humans” Luhan says as if it was the most obvious thing which it actually is.

“And, your point is?” Jongdae asked.

“You guys are human” Luhan enunciates each of the word but the other’s just gave him a very blank look. Luhan sighs as he tries to explain himself. “Don’t you know what’s out there in the world?”

“Uh… people, infrastructures, ani—“

“Someone has to shield you from the world” Luhan sings and the group winces when Luhan’s voice cracks. “Stay with me~~”

“Why are you trying to imitate Meryl Streep?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m trying to make a point. Now shush” Luhan clears his throat before continuing. “Princes wait there in the world its true~”

“No one’s really looking for a prince” Minseok says but Luhan ignores him.

“Princes yes but wolves and humans too” Luhan walks towards Jongdae in a very witchly manner that unnerved everyone in the room.

“Luhan?”

“Stay at home, I’am home” Luhan hugs Jongdae’s head to his chest tightly like a mother. “Who out there?! Could love you more than I?” Luhan squishes Jongdae’s cheek with his finger.

“Luhan, you could stop now” Zitao tells his mentor.

“What out there that I cannot supply? Stay with me” Luhan squishes the smaller male in his hold and Kyungsoo finally has enough. Lunging after Luhan, he puts on his hidden ball gag onto Luhan’s mouth before admiring his handy work.

“There now we could continue on with our discussion” Kyungsoo takes his sit beside Baekhyun after tying Luhan up.

“Thank You, Kyungsoo” Jongdae smiles while massaging his cheeks that Luhan had squished hard. “As I was saying. Papa don’t preach I’m—“

“Just cut to the crap” his other companion’s chorused, glares in place.

“Fine” Jongdae huffs, crossing his arm at being interrupted. “I’m keeping the baby. There happy.”

The gang goes silent at the announcement trying to let it sink in. “Are you kidding?”

“No. I’am really keeping the baby” Jongdae smiles at his friends before Baekhyun and Minseok howls in delight. Tackling Jongdae into a hug, laughing in happiness that is very infectious and easily spreads throughout the room.

“We need to celebrate!” Baekhyun exclaims, pulling away from his friend, a smile still in place. “Bring in the booze, motherseekers!!”

“No-no-no!! We’re not having any booze” Minseok slaps Baekhyun across the head for being an annoying brat. “We’re going shopping”

“Shopping? Shopping for what?”

“We need to renovate the guest room into a nursery” Minseok answers, pulling a long list from his pocket, written in neat handwriting the needed materials for Baby Zhang’s nursery room. “First up, we need to choose a color theme for the room, a crib, baby clothes, toys, furniture…”

“Alright” Jongdae nods as Minseok continues to list off the things they need to buy for baby Zhang. “We don’t have all day. Let’s go”

“Yeah!!”

“Mppphhh!!” The gang runs out of the apartment with Zitao dragging his still tied-up mentor with him.

~~~~

“Cindy, can you please hold off any appointments I have this afternoon” Liyin requested from her secretary. Cindy nods in affirmation before doing as she was told, canceling three appointments successfully.

“May I ask why the sudden favor, ma’am?” Cindy asked while canceling one last appointment.

“I need to visit my fiancé”

“Is everything alright?” Cindy seemed genuinely concerned for her boss who nods as a yes. “Are you sure?”

“We will be after the talk” Liyin says mysteriously.

~~~~

“So pink or sky blue?” Baekhyun holds up two sample theme sheets to his friends’ bored faces. Each member of the gang had their own bubble tea in hand. It was almost summer and the wind started to turn dry on them that they decided on buying bubble teas of different flavor to relieve themselves from the heat creeping up their skin. It was better than the booze Baekhyun had offered, early in the morning.

“Pink” Luhan, Zitao, and Jongdae chorused giving each other high fives.

“Jongdae’s having a boy. I think we should stick with blue” Minseok reasons out with a sip of his drink.

“Real men wear Pink” Jongdae says with a cheeky grin.

“And did you know Hello Kitty is actually a boy”

“What?!” The group exclaims in disbelief at the assassin doctor.

“I thought it was tweety” Baekhyun says.

“I thought it was, too” Jongdae rubs his chin in thought. “Our life is a lie, Baekhyun”

"Morons" Kyungsoo murmurs under his breath.

“A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool” Baekhyun declaims and Kyungsoo groans at the secondhand embarrassment his friend was giving him.

“Baekhyun for the love of all things heavenly…”

“I thought you don’t believe in heaven?” Minseok pipes up and yet Kyungsoo ignores him.

“…would you please stop quoting Shakespeare? It doesn’t make you any less dumber”

“You’re just jealous” Baekhyun sticks a tongue out, pushing the theme sheet at Kyungsoo’s face without the fear of dying. “Now choose pink or sky blue?”

“Sky blue” Kyungsoo answers before going back to his post beside Minseok.

“Dawww” Baekhyun whines. “That makes it a tie for both colors. We need a third party”

“Who?” Minseok, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae chorused.

“Oh look who we have here” The friends hears a snake say from behind them before snapping their head to see a smirking Yoona supporting a four month old baby bump. “The idiotic brotherhood of Elm Street with my incompetent doctor. What a nice combination, don’t you think Yixing?”

“Yoona, please behave yourself” Yixing reprimands his fiancée weakly. Yixing gives the group an apologetic look in behalf with his future other half but the group, minus Luhan, ignores him. Yixing stifles a sigh.

“I’am behaved, honey” Yoona smiles with malice at her fiancé before turning her attention back to the group. “Now what are six lovely men doing in a baby shop without their little dummy Ms Luna Lovegood?”

“Luna’s sick” Luhan answers for the gang. “She asked us to pick her a perfect theme for her baby’s nursery room and you guys are right on time.”

“As you see, Yoona and Yixing” Kyungsoo continues for Luhan, grabbing theme sheets from Baekhyun’s hold and presenting it to the couple. “We are having a dilemma on which color theme would be best for Baby Lovegood and it would be nice if Yixing…”

“Me?”

“Him?”

“…could choose one for us” Kyungsoo smiles.

“Why him?” Yoona asks the short male with genuine curiosity in his eyes.

“Because, we don’t want to associate one of our nephews with someone demonic” Baekhyun answers with a devilish grin, knowing full well that Yixing wouldn’t even make a move to defend the girl. “Now Yixing, pink or blue?”

“Uh…are you sure you want my opinion?” Yixing asked the group.

“Of course” Minseok flashes a fake smile, still mad at Yixing for the incident that almost caused him his nephew. “NOW CHOOSE!”

“Pink” Yixing quips and the gang smiles at the answer.

“The king has chosen” Luhan proclaims. “Pink it is. Zitao, you know what to do?”

“Yep” Zitao salutes, taking the theme sheets and presenting it to the bored saleslady by the corner.

“Now that that’s out of the way. We need to buy baby clothes” Minseok announced and the group nods. Turning to leave for another store when Yixing reaches out for Jongdae. Yoona sees the gesture and her heart constricts in jealousy.

“We need to talk” Yixing whispers to Jongdae, hands on the other’s wrist tightening.

“Not yet” Jongdae whispers back, shaking the hand off to catch up with his noisy friends.

“What was that?” Yoona asked her fiancé when the group were out of earshot.

“Nothing, you need to worry about” Yixing answers walking pass her to the crib section of the store. Zitao sees the exchange between the engaged couple from a distance with a confused but relief facial expression.

~~~~~

Liyin stands outside of Jongdae’s apartment, not knowing what she should do if the latter answers. Gaining some of her courage, Liyin knocks three times and yet no one answers. 

♥♥♥♥♥