The Promise Ring

Oh My Baby!!

“Romeo, Oh Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?”

“Baekhyun. Shut up!!”

“Hell is empty and all devils are here”

“Baekhyun, please. Stop!!!”

“To be or not to be that is the question?”

“Baekhyun… Stop quoting Shakespeare for goodness sake” Kyungsoo glares at his companion for the day. Both boys had set up to look for a doctor for their insufferable pregnant friend on their only free day from work. It had been a day since the Zhangs had visited and Luhan, after a thorough observation, had deduced that Jongdae needs to see a doctor to assess the progress of baby Zhang. It sounds like an easy task at first but since Jongdae’s pregnancy is a special case the group needed a very special doctor. A doctor by the name of Huang Zitao, Luhan’s very sassy apprentice. “I’am thisclose in wringing your neck so please… close your lips and shut your tongue.”

“Hey mamacita! Naega ayayayaya—ow!!” Baekhyun rubs the sore spot in his head which Kyungsoo didn’t think twice in hitting hard.

“Shut up! I can’t concentrate” Kyungsoo rubs his head in frustration. Of all people he could be partnered with, he was partnered with someone as annoying as Baekhyun. He would have wanted to work with Luhan but the witch was adamant in being alone so here he was accepting what the Lord had given to him as a way to become a good individual someday. Kyungsoo refuses to call this karma. “What does this Zitao guy look again?”

“I don’t know. All I remember are eye bags” Baekhyun informs rubbing his chin in deep thought. “Or was it dark circles, don’t remember?”

Kyungsoo groans in frustration, a hand on his face, and trying to count 123 in his head to calm himself. “Baekhyun. The photo! You have the photo! Give it to me and we can both move on with our lives.”

“Ehe…” Baekhyun laughs dryly. “About that”

“What about it?”

“I kind of dropped it in the toilet” Baekhyun says timidly, trying to back up incase Kyungsoo blows.

“You what?!”

“I dropped it on the toilet while I was battling the war in the bathroom. You see I really need to go because the poop was already in the tip of my and I get clumsy when this happens and I’M SORRY KYUNGSOO!!”

“This is Sparta!!” Kyungsoo screams lunging onto Baekhyun and give the elder male the beating he had deserved.

~~~

“Thank you for taking me out from the rabbit’s hole, Minseok hyung” Jongdae says while on a walk with his favorite hyung. Jongdae had been in a weary kind of state lately and Minseok had decided that it would be best for Jongdae to have at least some air to breathe. It was a bad for someone like Jongdae to just stay at one place while trying to get all of his problems at bay. Jongdae might be happy that his friends was there to keep him company but there was nothing greater than to see the world for himself and enjoying the moment of freedom for a few hours. “I don’t know why Baekhyun insist that I stay at home and rest. I’m pregnant not disabled.”

“He’s just concerned for you.”

“Yeah well he’s going at this the wrong way” Jongdae snorts taking a seat at the only vacant bench in the park. “Geez, how many months do I have left till I get this thing out of me?”

“Five months at its finest or maybe four?” Minseok answers unsurely. The gang never kept track on the baby’s progress ever since the visit to the doctor a few months ago. They were too scared for Jongdae to be called a freak show of society while Jongdae was too shy to go to the doctor for a check-up. The gang had thought that they could handle everything by themselves but then the incident with Liyin happened, then the mood swings, and Luhan was suddenly concerned. Jongdae needs a doctor in case emergencies strike. Luhan maybe a witch who could predict the gender of baby Zhang but he was no doctor. “And this is why the Baeksoo duo are out there looking for Zitao”

“Why can’t you just check on me Minseok-hyung? You’re a doctor” Jongdae says to the older.

“Correction Medical student training to be a doctor” Minseok informs his companion. “Big difference.”

“I see. I just hope Baekhyun and Kyungsoo aren’t pulling each other’s hair at the moment”

~~~

“I hate you…”

“I hate you too”

“Why are you so tiny?”

“It’s not like you’re any bigger!!” Kyungsoo exclaims at Baekhyun’s face while they roll around on the ground for victory. It has been ten minutes since the two begun fighting and not once did anyone came in to break the fight up between the two males. It was just too rabid to even bother stopping. “God!! Why won’t you die already?”

“Because I’m amazing and Jesus Christ loves me” Baekhyun reasons out trying to slap Kyungsoo across the face. “Why won’t you die already?!”

“Because society needs me to become its ultimate ruler. That’s why” The two males continue to wrestle their way into heaven when two hands came in to separate the duo from further harming each other.

“Whoa! Whoa there, little ones. What seems to be the matter here?” a girlish yet deep voiced asked the duo who glares at each other menacingly.

“He started it!” Both chorused while pointing at one another like grade school students.

“I-I see” the man says and Baekhyun thinks the man looks very familiar.

“Have I seen you before?” He elbows Kyungsoo. “Hey Soo, don't you think he looks quite familiar?”

Kyungsoo then assess the man with his eyes, noticing the dark circles, the sharp gaze and the kitten-like mouth before coming to a conclusion. “You are coming with us”

“Wait what?! Why?” the male splitters in his position but Kyungsoo doesn't think twice in dragging him towards Jongdae's apartment. “Hey! where are you taking me? This is ual harassment. Hey wait!!”

Baekhyun who was following in tow stops for a moment, because of the attention people have directed on them, before taking out his black socks on his feet. Baekhyun then crumples the sock into a small ball and without any notice puts it on their kidnapped victim’s mouth. “You're too noisy” he comments before skipping beside Kyungsoo to again annoy the smaller male.

“To do great, do a little wrong”

“You know what I think. I think you just researched random Shakespeare quotes to annoy me last night and I'am not amused”

“I must be cruel, only to be kind”

“You are never kind, you insufferable prick”

~~~

Jongdae is silently enjoying his vanilla ice cream when someone comes into the picture and sit on the only vacant spot beside him. “Hi”

“Hey.” He doesn’t even need to look beside him to know who it is. To think five years of being away would deter from recognizing the voice of his bestfriend for eight years and boyfriend for three. “What are you doing here?”

“Just thought it would be best to get off wedding duties for the day. Yoona’s a sore when it comes to this things” Yixing answers honestly. “What about you?”

“Just enjoying my time off from work” Jongdae tells the other. “Minseok was here a while ago but then his classmate called and he left me alone to fend for myself. Typical Minseok”

 A moment of silence passed between the two males. It was not the typical awkward silence between but a comforting one. It’s been awhile since the two were alone in close proximities just for a talk. “I can't believe I’m getting married.”

“Well that makes the both of us. You’ve always struck as that person who skips all the ceremonies and get on with the good part. A nomad, I suppose” Jongdae offers thoughtfully. For the past eight years of Jongdae's and Yixing's friendship the elder never did spoke about marriage even once. Yixing never showed interest on that particular subject and Jongdae never pushed for answers.

“If I was a nomad then that would mean you and I are already married” Yixing says with all the seriousness a man can possess.

Jongdae snaps to look at him with a questioning gaze. “W-what does that supposed to mean?”

“I…I’ve always thought of eloping with the person I love when I was twenty-one and he was twenty” Yixing informs to Jongdae honestly fishing something from his pocket that made Jongdae quiver in his seat nervously. Whatever Yixing was looking for made Jongdae regret their impromptu conversation on a good April afternoon Infront of the Han River. “I wanted have to my own happily ever after with him and then life happened” Yixing finally retrieves a silver chain with an infinity diamond eternity ring as the pendant. The infinity ring, a twenty year old Jongdae had fallen in love with while on a shopping trip with his bestfriend/boyfriend.

“Y-Yixing? Why are you telling this to me, now?”

“Because I wanted to. We never did have that needed closure and this is my apology after all those years.” Yixing says, motioning for Jongdae to come near, and puts the necklace onto the younger male. Jongdae remains silent as Yixing admires his work and the glinting jewelry finally given to its rightful owner. “I'm sorry for what happened years ago. I'm sorry I ruined our friendship and I hope to rebuild it back.”

“Yixing, I can't accept this” Jongdae tries to take the necklace off but Yixing stops him. “It has been years already. Everything's behind us now I think its best if you give this to Yoona or to your unborn child.”

“No. I bought it for you. It's meant for you.” Yixing insist. “So keep it, okay.”

“O-okay. I will” Jongdae grabs a hold of the ring hanging on his neck. “Thank You, Yixing”

“You’re welcome”

---

“So did something good happen with your meeting with Yixing today?” Minseok asked while on their walk back to Jongdae's apartment.

“Yeah” Jongdae answered absentmindedly, playing with the ring on his neck, a small smile growing on his face. “I think I've finally forgiven Yixing”

“Took you a while” Minseok pats his friend on the shoulder. And Jongdae feels a little lighter now than before. Maybe forgiving Yixing for all those years had finally managed to ease some of his pain away. The hand on his ring falls to his growing abdomen and a big genuine smile adorns Jongdae's face after five years of hidden rage and emotions.

~~~~~

Notes: Thank you to all the subscribers, upvoters, viewers, commenters, and etc. Also I would like to point out that Yixing never harassed Jongdae. Jongdae lied, he always lies. But why lied? You have to find out yourself (it includes myself, I havent written that part yet.) Toodles!

Preview: A secret is revealed for the gretaer good. And Luhan dresses up as a girl