The Two Zhangs

Oh My Baby!!

 

Liyin is worried for her fiancé and she wants to see him. Jongdae never makes a scene or screams at her for unknown reasons but ever since the dinner party with her parents Jongdae had started being weird and most often sick. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything to her about Jongdae when they meet at the office nor at the engagement party and it was bothering the beautiful woman.

“Can I have one Blueberry Cake please?” Liyin orders with a small smile, the server nods and goes to wrap the nicely decorated cake in display. Liyin had decided to visit his fiancé for the first time in three months in his apartment just to make sure he was healthy and still alive.

“Liyin?” a male voice calls out from behind and she whips around to see Yixing waving at her with a dimpled smile. Yixing was a nice male, gentle and caring, Yoona’s ideal type. She knows Yoona loves Yixing whole-heartedly but as much as Liyin wants her cousin to be happy, she questions the fact that Yixing doesn’t love Yoona enough to go a thousand miles for her. Observing Yixing, she knows Yixing loves another but is too afraid to voice it out and Liyin never pries into deep subjects.

“Hey, Yixing” Liyin waves at the man, “what are you doing here?”

“Wanted to buy a cake for Jongdae” Yixing smiles brightly, something Liyin had never seen before. Something floats in Yixing’s eyes that Liyin can’t point out, “You?”

“Same” Liyin answers just when the waiter hands in the cake. “Jongdae like blueberry cake, so I’m bringing him some”

“Oh” Something changes in Yixing’s eyes that Liyin captures perfectly in her head. “I thought he was allergic to blueberries” he murmurs under his breath and Liyin hears it loud and clear.

“Huh? But he told me it’s his favorite”

“It is” Yixing looks a little panic at being discovered, “I was thinking about Yoona”

“B-but”

“Hey Taemin” Yixing calls out to the male behind the counter, trying to avoid any more questions from the female. Jongdae didn’t want his secret to be told to anyone even if it means his and Yixing’s non-existent friendship.

“Sup Yixing” Taemin, the waiter, greets with a smile. “Haven’t seen you for five years man”

“Yeah well” Yixing scratch his head, “Move back to China for my studies”

Taemin nods, glancing at Liyin, who was busy admiring the cake, clearly waiting for Yixing to make a pick. “Got a girlfriend, eh?”

“Who? Liyin?” Yixing shakes his head “No, she’s Jongdae’s girlfriend. I’m engaged”

“Oh” Taemin's smile drops for a moment and Yixing catches the change in the male’s facial expression. “Congrats man”

“Thanks” Yixing smiles uneasily

“So the usual?”

“Yeah, the usual” Taemin snaps his finger at Yixing in understanding before wrapping the only Lemon Meringue Cake displayed. “Hope Jongdae still loves this master piece” Taemin hands the cake to Yixing with a smile, “He hasn’t visited this place since three months ago. Been missing that little guy”

“Yeah” Yixing hands in his payment as Taemin finishes the ordering process.

“Well, Good luck on your engagement and send Jongdae my regards”

“No problem. See you later, Taemin” Yixing bids the other a goodbye, Liyin waiting by the door and two sets off to Jongdae’s apartment talking about the most random things and excluding the touchy subjects that Yixing had no right to talk about with Liyin.

~~~~~

 

“There’s nothing else I can say, eh eh eh” Luhan sings to himself, wagging in delight as he cleans the living room. It was a good day for Luhan considering as how it was sunny and Jongdae was relatively passive for the whole afternoon. Talking about Jongdae, Luhan reminded himself that the male was currently taking a long shower and that someone was knocking on the door.

“Luhan answer the door” Jongdae yells from the bathroom. Luhan dances his way to the door, putting away his earphones and greeting the guest with a huge smile.

“Hi Welcome” Luhan greets a little too friendly for a witch that had manipulated Jongdae into having a baby, “May I help you?’

“Yes” Liyin smiles back at the cute male, wearing a hello kitty apron, a vacuum in hand “Is Jongdae home?”

“Yup” Luhan pops the letter p with his pink lips, “He’s in the bathroom taking a shower. He’ll be out in a bit” ushering the two towards the couch he makes small talk towards the two people and disappearing in the kitchen to get some refreshments. Liyin likes Luhan while Yixing is suspicious of the male. Luhan doesn’t look at Yixing for the whole five minutes until Jongdae wearing a pink pajama emerges from the bathroom, hair dripping wet and skin looking absolutely white that it bothers the two people in the sofa.

“Baby” Liyin hugs the stunned male by the bathroom door, “I was so worried about you”

“Liyin, what are you doing here?” Jongdae kisses the girl’s forehead, returning the hug but not as tightly like before. Jongdae’s tummy had been growing in size and it was kind of hard to conceal through bodily contact.

“I wanted to check up on you” Liyin breaks from the hug, “Yixing and I” it was only when Yixing’s name was mentioned did Jongdae see the male on the sofa. Jongdae looks down at himself for a moment before running to the bedroom without another word. Liyin alarmed at the male’s action tried to catch up but was held back by a smiling Luhan offering a slice of Blueberry cake.

“Jongdae just needed to change” Luhan assures the girl, guiding her to the couch, placing the plate of cake infront of Liyin, “It would be disrespectful for the visited to look homeless infront of his visitors, don’t you think?”

“I guess so” Liyin simple states.

Luhan stands straight and walks to the kitchen like a robot programmed to do household chores without another word. “He’s scary”

“Who Luhan?” Liyin questions Yixing, “He just acts like that around people. I don’t know why”

“Low social skills I suppose” Yixing comments before the door of Jongdae’s room opens. Jongdae appears from behind it wearing a really big t-shirt that belongs to Minseok, and his pink pant.

“I’m sorry if I was rude” Jongdae walks towards the duo sitting at the middle with a tired expression. Luhan comes in and sets a glass of soymilk for Jongdae. Jongdae waves at the man as a thanks before the other disappears into the kitchen again. “So, what brought you two here today”

“We brought cakes” Yixing points towards the two opened cake with the blueberry cake being the main snack. Jongdae shifts at the sight of the blueberry, willing himself to calm his nerves and eat his faux favorite cake. Jongdae also notices the lemon meringue cake in the side, with an open mouth. He haven’t have cake since Baekhyun’s stupid survival guide.

“It’s all nice and all but I’m not allowed to eat cake” Jongdae says and Liyin’s smile drops into something that clenches Jongdae’s heart as a whole, “but I guess for today, I could make an exception”

“Nope” Luhan’s voice rings from behind the sofa and the other’s jump in shock. “Baekhyun specifically told me not to give you anything sweet. You are only limited to one sweet day for a whole week”

“But Luhan” Jongdae whines at the male, “They brought Lemon Meringue”

“No” Luhan says firmly.

“B-but”

“Nope, not gonna happen” Luhan pats Jongdae in the cheek before pushing a plate filled with biscuits. “Now here’s your snack, remember no sweets okay” and then he disappears back to the kitchen, Jongdae following him with his eyes.

“Since when were you banned from sweets” Liyin asked her pouting fiancé.

“Since two months ago” Jongdae grumpily eats his biscuit, “Baekhyun told me not to eat any type of sweets unless it’s a Thursday or I get a go sign from…” a light bulb flashes in his head. Jongdae climbs up in his sit and yells at Luhan, “Luhan! What if I get permission?”

“From who?” Luhan yells from the kitchen.

“Definitely not Baekhyun” Is what Jongdae says with a cheeky grin before Luhan yells a yes from his hiding spot in the kitchen. Baekhyun had this weird rule in his book that allows Jongdae to get whatever he wanted if the father of his child gives him permission to. It was a weird rule but Jongdae’s happy it existed at this current situation. Jongdae makes a small victory dance in his head and then turning towards Yixing with a pleading look that resembled a cat. Yixing freezes in his spot for a moment and Liyin looks genuinely curious at her fiancé’s action. “Can I have cake Yixing?”

“Uh… I thought you weren’t allowed to”

“I’m not” Jongdae smiles, “But I want cake” over the past twelve years of Jongdae’s and Yixing’s friendship, Jongdae never gets turned down by the latter be it the most obscenely scenes or things known to man. “Please Yixing”

“Okay” Yixing offers his blueberry cake, to only get a scowl from the pregnant male.

“I’m allergic to that, moron” Jongdae hisses to Yixing’s ear, “I want the lemon meringue”

“Okay” Yixing scrambles to his seat and runs to the kitchen to get what he’s ex-bestfriend wanted. Liyin watches the sight in interest.

“That was interesting” Liyin smiles, “I didnt know you have that much power against Yixing”

“He beat me up” Jongdae shrugs before diving in to kiss his fiancée on the lips. Liyin was taken in surprise by the advancement but nonetheless kiss back. Male pregnancy aren’t the same as Female pregnancy and Jongdae’s knows this especially when his horribly frustrated with the hormone pumping in his veins. “God you’re so sweet”

“Jongdae” Liyin whispers in Jongdae’s lip, trying to pry the male away. “We need to stop”

“But” Jongdae looks dilated, “I want you” he kisses the living daylights out of Liyin when something loud hits the floor, breaking something that sounded like a ceramic bowl.

“Oh my god!” Yixing covers his eyes, turning around, heart clenching tightly in his chest at the sight of Jongdae and Liyin making out carelessly in the sofa. It’s been years, Yixing knows, but it still kind of hurts to see this situation happening in front of his eyes. Luhan runs out of the kitchen with an alarmed look, absorbing Jongdae and Liyin’s position before pulling the male away to the safety of the bedroom. A quarrel happens in the room while Liyin and Yixing both looked flustered.

A minute later, Luhan emerges a smile in place. “I think it’s best if both of you leave”

“Is Jongdae okay” Liyin arranges herself and Luhan nods with a smile.

“Perfectly fine” Luhan opens the door and the two figures walk towards the exit, “definitely fine, no need to worry”

“Okay?” Yixing raises a brow and Luhan smiles a bit too large for the two’s liking.

“Okay” Luhan says before slamming the door hard into the faces Liyin and Yixing. Dialing Baekhyun not a minute after the rushed goodbye.

“Baekhyun, I think its time for Jongdae to meet a doctor.”

~~~~~

Preview: Baekhyun and Kyungsoo scavenger hunts for Zitao. While Minseok takes Jongdae to the park for some fresh air.