A Friday with the Zhangs

Oh My Baby!!

A/N: I dont even know what's this chapter is about but there's a second part to this story. I just need to find it and then finish writing it.  Also sorry for the lack of updates. Well, enjoy~~ I guess :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gang had made it their duty to take care of Chen and his two children whenever Yixing is out on a business trip to some far off country. Jongdae would always insists that he could take care of himself and that he was no longer pregnant and can move by himself around his house freely. But Baekhyun would always be the concerned bestfriend and he would insists strongly that Jongdae needs a temporary knight and shining armor within arm's reach since Cheonsa is still 18 months old and Zhihan barely passed his first year living in this cruel world.

 

Jongdae had relented when the gang suddenly started a three day long lecture about the importance and morals of the Daexing Cult and they have been trained in the art of Jongdaeism (whatever that means) for future means. The younger male doesn’t know what the point of it all but Kyungsoo's a part of the madness, so it wouldn’t be that bad, right? Wrong!

 

"We set up a date" Baekhyun slams a calendar on the table hard, startling Jongdae from his reverie. "I'll take care of you on Monday, Luhan on Tuesday, Minseok on Wednesday since that's his only day off, Kyungsoo on Thursday, and Chanyeol on Friday that is if he finds Ella a new babysitter. And then repeat"

 

"Baekhyun, I'm grateful for the help but is this really, REALLY, necessary." Jongdae tells his bestfriend and Baekhyun gives him the stink eye.

 

"I thought we went over this. I'm not gonna start lecturing you about the cult and its morals again, right?"

 

"Those doesn’t even make sense" Jongdae comments. "Yixing's gonna be gone for two weeks. Just two weeks, I think I could handle myself and the kids fine."

 

"Nope! Nope! Not hearing it, again" Baekhyun covers his hears in distress.

 

"Baek--"

 

"Just let him have his fun, Jongdae" Kyungsoo speaks up as he types something from his phone before pocketing it. "He'll regret this soon enough."

 

"But--"

 

"Kyungsoo's right" Minseok says as he slings an arm around his favorite dongsaeng. "Baekhyun's gonna regret his decision soon enough"

 

"I don’t--"

 

"Just drop it" Luhan ruffles the boy's hair. "This weeks just gonna pass by like a blur. You won't even notice us"

 

"With all your hyperactivity, I don’t think so" Jongdae sighs. "But fine, have you told Yixing about this yet?"

 

"Planning to"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I'm fine with it" Yixing shrugs as he gives Zhihan a bath and Jongdae is leaning on the door, staring at the ceiling. "I mean they have good intentions. Why not let them do what they please?"

 

"They're treating me like a baby" Jongdae pouts. "I'm not a baby"

 

"They're just concerned for you. Remember the last time you were left alone on your own, you rushed to the airport running a really high fever. I don’t think Baekhyun's willing to have another one of those days" Yixing reasons and Zhihan splashes a wave of water on his father's face with a bubbling laughter. Yixing startles at the action but laughs along with his baby boy.

 

"Can you please stop bringing that up? I regretted it, okay"

 

"Did you really?" Yixing asked as he pours a handful of water on Zhihan's head one more time before moving to dry off his baby and get it dressed for bed. "Do you think Nu Wang regrets it, Zhi-Zhi?"

 

"Stop teaching Zhihan that word. I don’t know what I'll do if he starts calling me that" Jongdae hands Yixing the baby's dry and clean pajamas. "It's sounds to…"

 

"Girlish?"

 

"Elegant" Jongdae says, "It's weirder than being called mama"

 

"Well, I think it's cute"

 

"Your opinion is irrelevant in this matter"

 

"Says who?"

 

"Says Kim Jongdae" Jongdae tells the older off. "And can you please dress the kid faster I wouldn’t want him waking up in the middle of the night of gastritis because his father was an idiot."

 

"Is he even old enough to have that?"

 

"Just dress him up already" Jongdae orders his husband. "And maybe I'll try that your yogurt you've been boasting about"

 

"Is that supposed to be a ual innuendo?" Yixing wiggles his brow at the younger.

 

"No" Jongdae deadpans. "You brought Beijing yogurts yesterday remember."


"But wouldn't you want to try Changsha yogurt?"

 

"Not in front of the child, Yixing?!" Jongdae growls, stomping to take the now fully dressed infant from Yixing's grasp. There's a blush on Jongdae's cheeks and Yixing laughs at his face in amusement. "Come on Zhihan, let's get you away from your ert of a father."

 

"Seriously, Changsha yogurt is tastier than any yogurt known to man!" Yixing calls after his retreating husband and Jongdae doesn’t even hesitate to give him the middle finger. "Oh, he wants me" Yixing says as he flicks his bangs to the side suavely before following after his husband.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yixing leaves on a Friday and Chanyeol's shift officially starts with a knock on the Zhang's front door. He haven't found Ella a babysitter yet but Baekhyun had taken a day off to get Chanyeol accustomed to the life of being a temporary substitute father. This is Chanyeol's first time at the job and he wonders if he could do this job successfully without upsetting his fellow members. Liyin's taking the Saturday shift and then it’s the twins turn on Sunday.

 

"Oh Chanyeol, you're early" Yixing opens the door with a smile on his face. He's all dressed up for his trip, his black luggage by the door on standby, and yet his hair is still unkempt and messy.

 

"Baekhyun kicked me out before I could even blink the remnants of sleep away. I still haven't brushed my teeth" Chanyeol informs as he steps inside the house and sees Zhihan playing with a ball on the living room carpet. Chanyeol's not that concerned whether its vacuumed or not. Jongdae's not Baekhyun he knows how to clean without waiting for gravity to stop pulling him down. Yeah, Baekhyun's just lazy, and loud, and weird, and LAZY but Chanyeol loves him anyway. "Do you have an extra toothbrush?"

 

"Bathroom, upstairs, third drawer to the right" Yixing informs, sitting down infront of Zhihan to play with the child. "But Jongdae's still using the bathroom so I guess you have to wait"

 

"No probs, man" Chanyeol smiles, awkwardly standing on the doorsteps. "So…uhmm… where's the youngest child?"

 

"Sleeping. She'll probably wake up at nine. Oh! Before I forget" Yixing scampers to his bag, retrieving a small paper from the front. "Here's the daddy list or the things I do around the house. Baekhyun told me to give them to you in case you get lost"

 

Chanyeol takes the paper from Yixing's hand and skimming through it with a nod. Half of the things inside are the exact routines he does at home, so Chanyeol didn’t think much of it. "There just the basic things you need to do. Daddy stuffs and I guess you know that" Yixing offers with a smile before it slowly turns grim. "But there are other laws of the Zhang's you need to know"

 

There's something venomous dripping from Yixing's tone that has Chanyeol fidgeting. "What is it?"

 

"Simple" Yixing pats Chanyeol on the shoulder. "Stay away from my property"

 

"What?!"

 

"Stay away from my property. No staring, no drooling, no touching of my property" Yixing's dead serious and Chanyeol's confused.

 

"I have a husband. I don’t think I could--"

 

"There are stuff Jongdae does at home absentmindedly that he doesn’t do outside"

 

"Wha--"

 

"Oh, Chanyeol you're early" Chanyeol hears his friend call up from upstairs and his head snaps to look at the male by the stairs. Chanyeol's mouth drops as he sees Jongdae wearing a really large white t-shirt that dwarfs him up. There's so much skin for Chanyeol and he really should stop staring at the hairless legs (when did the man shave) of one Zhang Jongdae.

 

"You're drooling" A venomous hissed is heard beside him.

 

"Yeah, haha" Chanyeol laughs awkwardly as he hastily wipes the thing on his mouth. Yixing's two feet away from him but he could feel him breathing down on him. It's not Chanyeol's fault that Jongdae has beautiful toned legs that are also silky white and can he touch it. Wait No!!!! "You…uh…shaved?"

 

"What?"

 

"Legs" Chanyeol offers and there's this weird lightning strikes hitting the sides of his face. "They're shaved. The last time I remembered, it was hairy and hair…y?"

 

"Oh" Jongdae skips downstairs and there's a blur before Yixing's beside Jongdae slinging an arm around the younger protectively. "Baekhyun dared me to get it waxed in exchanged for him getting a tattoo on the dimple in his back. My hairy friends are yet to grow back. I miss them"

 

Chanyeol stores the knowledge of a tattoo on Baekhyun for future use before opening his mouth again. "Having smooth hairless legs looks good on you. NO WAIT! I mean you really have nice legs…NO…uh…"

 

"Thanks?" Jongdae exchanges looks with Yixing in question before he notices the time. "Yixing, you're gonna miss your flight if you don’t leave now"

 

"But it's still early" Yixing whines but Jongdae's already fixing his clothes, his hair, like a good husband. "My flight's not until twelve"

 

"But there's traffic and you need to check in two hours before the actual departure. Now move your " Jongdae pushes his husband onto the front steps of the door, bringing the black luggage with him. Chanyeol follows after the two, stopping to carry Zhihan in his arms, and standing beside Jongdae for a brief goodbye exchange.  "Now remember don't space off and do your job properly to get everything done early. Don't flirt around too much and please eat."

 

"Yes mom" Yixing grabs a hold of Jongdae's waist, pulling the male closer. Jongdae doesn’t mind the sudden closeness too transfixed on Yixing's hair. "Can I have my kiss now?"

 

"When you return" Jongdae says and Yixing whines.

 

"But, I want my goodbye kiss now!!"

 

"Stop being a child and we have visitors" Jongdae points at Chanyeol.

 

"The hell do I care!" Yixing growls as he pulls Jongdae for a messy, passionate, kiss. Chanyeol is taken aback at the sudden show turning away to give the couple some time to be…uh…whatever. Zhihan's looking at Chanyeol weirdly and he sees the child's uncanny resemblance to Yixing especially when it smiles with the annoying cute dimples on both cheeks. There's a certain Jongdaeness from the child, the eyes and the cuteness, and Chanyeol hopes that Zhihan gets most of Yixing's attitude. Not the clinginess to Jongdae. Please not the clinginess.

 

There's a tap on his shoulder and he whirls around to come face to face with a smiling, swollen lipped, Jongdae. "Yixing wants to say goodbye to Zhihan and have a word with you. I'm gonna get you a toothbrush"

 

"Uh…yeah" Jongdae pats him on the shoulder before running upstairs. Yixing's smiling by the doorstep there's nothing hidden behind the smile in his face as far as Chanyeol cared but its Yixing and Yixing's a smart a-hole. "You called"

 

"Wanted to say goodbye to my baby" Yixing coos at the small child in Chanyeol's arms and Zhihan reaches out for his father to carry him. Yixing smiles before taking the child away from Chanyeol and placing a small kiss on Zhihan's temple. Zhihan has a grabs a hold on Yixing's collar, nuzzling on his father's shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you little Gryffindor"

 

"Papa" Zhihan mumbles, "Come back"

 

"Yes, papa will come back"

 

"Promise" Promise is such a big word and Yixing wonders where Zhihan had learned that word from.

 

"Promise" Yixing smiles, placing one last kiss on Zhihan's forehead.

 

It's precious to see the family that was predicted to never meet a happily ever after this happy. It's almost two years now since the great feud and depression ended. Yixing and Jongdae's still trying to get their life settled, there's still time Jongdae doubts Yixing-- he has those days when he's out of it-- but everyone knows everything's gonna be fine in the end. Chanyeol knows that as a fact since he was the original matchmaker.

 

"You wanted to talk to me" Chanyeol says with a smile.

 

"Yeah" Yixing looks up from Zhihan to Chanyeol. "Just wanted to remind you about our small talk. I wouldn’t want to repeat myself but stay away from my property. I saw the way you look at Jongdae and its just been thirty minutes since you arrived. What about a day? I know you're new to this and I'm fine with whatever the gang plans but please don’t go looking at Jongdae's direction. I have eyes everywhere."

 

"I don’t understand why you're so caught up about this"

 

"Oh, you'll find out" There's a glint in Yixing's eyes that has Chanyeol stepping back. "Ask Baekhyun, he'll tell you. But its best to find out by experience."

 

To Be Continued…