A Secret to the Grave (Part 1)

Oh My Baby!!

This a special chapter taking place in between the days Luhan joined the group and Yixing visiting. The first of three special chapters.. ENJOY~

~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m curious” Baekhyun speaks up from his position on Jongdae’s bed. He was currently on duty as being the foster father for Baby Zhang, inspecting every weird behavior Jongdae does and making sure the man is well-fed. Jongdae sits by the desk on the side of the bed, a book in hand and a hand absent mindedly rubbing circles in his stomach.

Jongdae looks up from the books his reading, “About what?”

“The fight five years ago” Baekhyun fidgets on his lap, not looking at Jongdae’s bothering gaze that questions a lot of things. Baekhyun knows its taboo to ask Jongdae about the events that cost the latter his bestfriend for 12 years and something more Baekhyun can’t point out. Baekhyun was there to see Jongdae cry his eyes out because of a night that no one really talks about and he wants to get to the bottom of it. “I mean Minseok knows parts of it but I want the whole story”

“Why?” Jongdae puts the book down on the table carefully.

“Just curious” Baekhyun shrugs, hoping his friend would answer a lifelong question that had plagued his mind for a good month already, “And perhaps a little concerned”

“It’s the past Baekhyun” Jongdae sighs, “nothing worth delving into”

“Jongdae”

“Leave it Baekhyun” Jongdae tells his friend with a stern expression. Baekhyun nods his head in understanding, stopping his advancement towards the touchy subject. Jongdae had made sure that no one was to know the secret, Minseok had just been lucky to overhear the conversation between Yixing and Jongdae. And even then Minseok was forced out of the group until he swore not to tell the secret to anyone. Baekhyun suspects that Kyungsoo knows a thing or two but the male had always been secretive about the things he see or hear. Baekhyun might let the subject fall for now but that won’t stop him from finding out the truth. He is known for being persistent and not even his friend’s secret will hold him down.

“Tell me what you know, Minseok” Baekhyun slams his hand on Minseok’s chair. Minseok, who was calmly studying, jumped out of his seat in shock. Baekhyun had just barged in his apartment unannounced after finishing his shift and being replaced by a happy Luhan to take care of Jongdae. Luhan after one week of joining their group was actually a happy go lucky witch with a knack for adventure. Luhan takes the night shifts most often since some of them are unable to do so.

“I know nothing” Minseok places a palm in his thundering heart, “on whatever you’re thinking. And why are you here at 11 in the evening?” he glances at the wall clock.

Baekhyun sits on the couch opposite Minseok, “I want to know about the incident 5 years ago”

Minseok widens his eye in alarm, looking from left to right “Why?”

“Curiosity” Baekhyun stares at his finger, “and a little bit concerned”

“Did…Did you ask Jongdae about this?” Minseok probes the male, who nods his head “And what did he say?”

“He told me to leave it alone” Baekhyun relays with a bothered expression, “and then stopped making conversations with me for a good thirty minutes”

“So it’s still affecting him” Minseok returns to his sit, abandoning his book and staring at Baekhyun.  “I thought he got over it since he is starting to talk with Yixing more”

“I thought he did also” Baekhyun sighs in his hand, “but I guess that night was really traumatizing for him” A few seconds of silent passed between the two, trying to release the tension when a knock was heard and a stoic Kyungsoo enters the scene wearing black.

“Why are you here?” Minseok asks the male.

“Baekhyun asked me to come” Holding up two plastic bags, “and I brought snacks just in case”

“Thanks Kyungsoo” Baekhyun smiles at the male. Kyungsoo nods in acknowledgement, placing the plastic on the center table and plopping on the ground without another word, “so about the incident, Minseok can you please tell me what you know”

“I-I don’t know if I’m in the position to tell you anything Baekhyun” Baekhyun frowns at the information, concern weighing heavily in his shoulder. Jongdae had hid from the problem, acting like it didn’t concern him but with Baby Zhang coming it was inevitable for the truth to come out. The truth would help Jongdae accept the small child and forgive Yixing at the same time. Speaking terms doesn’t mean acceptance, sleeping with each other doesn’t strengthen bonds, hiding from the truth could never hide the pain.

“Please, Minseok” Baekhyun begs at the elder.

“Fine” Minseok takes in a huge amount of air in his lungs, “but whatever I say doesn’t come out of this room”

“Okay” Baekhyun smiles and the impassive Kyungsoo nods. In all honesty Kyungsoo, doesn’t know why he was present at the meeting but everything was generally interesting for him. Secrets fuel Kyungsoo’s pride as a man and a friend.

“I know that Yixing Jongdae accidentally” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s eyes widen at the announcement. The two can’t believe that someone as gentle and caring can do that to Jongdae even though the male was a handful. “Jongdae wanted an explanation but Yixing had shut him off and then the male snapped. I was there when Jongdae slapped the hell out of Yixing for saying something muffled by the wall. Jongdae had asked the male to leave and then the rest was history”

“Yixing Jongdae?” Kyungsoo reiterates to the elder. Minseok nods in affirmation and the other looks horrified with the information as it was lowly being absorbed by the brain. “Are you sure? Maybe you just heard it wrong Minseok”

“I want to believe I did Kyungsoo” Minseok rests his head on his hand, a troubled look painting his baby face. “I really did but then Jongdae kicked me off our group and Yixing left”

“But i..i thought” Kyungsoo looked conflicted, “I thought Yixing confessed to him.”

“Confessed?” now it was Minseok’s turn to look confused, Baekhyun looks lost in his own thought but Kyungsoo knows the other was still there.

“Yixing told me that he wants to come clean” Kyungsoo informs the other, “He wants to tell Jongdae his feelings for him, he even bought a ring, and God Damn it!!” he stands up from his position on the floor, anger and confusion flashing in his face. “Yixing is so gonna get it from me”

“Get what?”

“Listen Minseok and Baekhyun” Kyungsoo orders at his two friends, “Yixing had held conflicted feelings for Jongdae a long time now. You know how Jongdae always lies when under pressure?” The two nods and Kyungsoo continues, “Jongdae might have lied to us about the whole drunken mistake he had made with Yixing.”

"Or he could be telling the truth"

“So we aren’t ruling out the accusation” Minseok says and Kyungsoo shakes his head no.

“No, but I think we need to clear things up for them” Kyungsoo smiles uneasily.

“It’s easier said than done, Kyungsoo” Baekhyun speaks up for the first time since the story begun, “we don’t have enough evidence to lessen Yixing’s bad deed or save this mess. All we have are Minseok’s words and Yixing’s whispered plan to you. Jongdae won’t keep Baby Zhang just because of Yixing’s conflicted feelings. Jongdae’s burden won’t lessen the fact that he was betrayed just because Yixing is an indecisive moron. Nothing’s gonna happen if we just trust on the words being relayed to us.”

“Then” Kyungsoo eyes sparks mischief and intelligence, “we sign a contract with Luhan. We use magic”

“Magic?”

“Tomorrow, we’ll visit Luhan” Kyungsoo looks around, “and ask him to help us. But if he declines there’s always blackmail.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Preview: The engagement party featuring four very weird males and one tantrum queen. Also apologies are given to people who needs it the most.