The Deal

Oh My Baby!!


"I hate my life and I hate my life"

Jongdae stares at the young man in front of him, with a blank expression. His meat tasting bland in his mouth, as the male continues to smile at him without a care in the world. He had hoped that the world would heed his prayer of not meeting Yixing again, but seeing as he was a for the past 25 years of his entire life, they didn't grant it. Karma is a to its victim and unfortunately Jongdae was its victim on a good Wednesday night out with LiYin and her cousin who had happened to be Yixing's fiancée. 

LiYin laughs at his side, so carefree, with Yixing's fiancée and Jongdae feels guilty of keeping a dark secret from her. Jongdae rubs his eye in an irritated manner that catches LiYin's concern, waving her off he mouths 'bathroom' and leaves the table a few seconds after her nod. He could feel Yixing's eyes on his back and he fights the urge to flip him off. By the time he arrives at the restroom, he opens the tap water and wets his face with a splash. The cool water relaxing his nerves and waking him up from his frustration. Looking at himself in the mirror, he notes the bruised lips and the fading scratch on his cheeks from the fight that happened a day before. "God Jongdae! Put yourself back together" he murmurs to himself, hoping to cheer his mood. "Don't let Yixing, pull you down. You're stronger than this" he pounds his chest and straighten up. "Come on..." He encourages himself one last time before turning around and meeting face to face with a doe-eyed boy with a pointy hat. Jongdae squeals at the back of his throat while the boy just laughs at him. 

"Hello, my name's Luhan" the boy, Luhan, introduces offering a hand for a shake. Jongdae thinks its weird for a man like Luhan to introduce himself to a stranger in the male's restroom. "What's your name?" 

"Uh...I'm Jongdae" Jongdae also thinks his weird for willingly introducing himself to Luhan without a thought. Jongdae doesn't shake Luhan's hand thinking everything is still awkward for him but Luhan doesn't care.  Jongdae also notes, as he surveys the boy's appearance, that he had seen him before. Before as in, last Monday night, in small rundown bar at the crossroad between Moxem street and Xokem avenue. "You, I remember. You were that weird boy at the bar, weren't you?"

"It's amazing, how slow your brain works Mr. Kim?" Luhan insults with malice lacing in every word but Jongdae doesn't even flinch one bit. "But yes you are correct, it is me." A malicious smile and Jongdae feels a shiver in his spine. "So? What happened Mr. Kim? Why is the great Kim Jongdae, in such a mess today? Care to give a clue"

Jongdae knows that Luhan wasn't a force to fight with, stalling Luhan would only lead to nowhere, and an answer is much needed in this type of situation. "Zhang Yixing. Zhang Yixing happened." He closes his eyes to take a huge breath of air and he hears Luhan laugh maliciously at his front. 

"Really? What did he do?"

"He returned" Jongdae answers before he could think, "he returned to ruin my life"

"But I thought you were close?"

"We WERE close until he broke my trust" he spits out the words like a venom meant to destroy him. Yixing broke his trust, their friendship, and he wasn't ready to forgive him, not yet anyway. "I won't forgive him" 

"Who's talking about forgiveness here?" Luhan chuckles in Jongdae's ears, "the world is changing Jongdae, forgiveness is an old tradition, magic is the new in."

"Magic?"

"Yes, magic" Luhan moves near Jongdae, the smile still plastered on its face. "tell me Jongdae, how much would you pay to make Yixing's life a living hell? How much would you sacrifice to make Yixing regret his action five years ago?"

"I-I.." Jongdae ponders for a moment, thinking back to the past in where a happy Yixing and devious Jongdae were seen planning Grandma's birthday, to gain an answer. Jongdae and Yixing were so close yet the latter took advantage of him and his trust that no amount of sorrys can repair the old bridge back. Jongdae can't remember anything that night but one thing he knows is that their friendship was over with one wrong touch. "I would give anything for revenge, if you would grant it for me"

Luhan his lips at Jongdae's answer as he wraps himself around the male like a snake, "I would grant you that wish but remember there is no turning back. What one wishes for would forever be a part of their life, there is no reverse button. Ask and you shall receive. Deal or no deal? Revenge or Happiness? Life or Death? Your choice" 

Jongdae absorbs every word in Luhan's mouth. Weighing each choices with a clouded mind filled with the temptation of power as he makes a final decision. "What do I need to do"

Luhan untangles himself from Jongdae and retrieves a small bottle from his coat's pocket. Jongdae looks on fascinated, "This, this is not a potion. But a bottle of water from the famous wishing well in the heart of the forbidden forest"

"Wait! What? Do you think were in ing Harry potter?" Jongdae cuts in with a incredulous look. "There is no such thing as a Forbidden Forest" 

"Probably" Luhan shrugs his shoulder, "there are somethings in life not meant to be answered Jongdae. The forbidden forest might be or might not be true but what I know is that this water is strong enough to grant any wish from the heart. Any wish with the rules of humanity neglected. One wish that could change your life and many others. A great responsibility" He hands the small bottle to Jongdae, who looks mildly excited at the power presented to him. With just one drink everything will change and Jongdae welcomes changes.

"Is this poisonous?"

"Not that I'm aware of" Luhan answers as Jongdae opens the bottle with shaking hands. Taking a deep breath Jongdae, tips the bottle in his lips and drinks the instrument for change. "One warning, once the wish is approved you must learn to adapt"

"Approved? Approval? What is this some type of business proposal?" Jongdae drops the bottle on the floor, an are you kidding me look on his face. "I thought this was magic and not some kind of 'hey boss I need your signature to get Back at Yixing, would you help me?"

"No, oh God you really are a bastard" Luhan rolls his eyes at Jongdae, "it's more like 'hey Yixing, I want to make your life a living hell, mind giving me a kiss" the male pucker up his lips in gesture and Jongdae's face changes in disgust. 

"Ew, over my dead body" Jongdae cringes at the thought, "I would rather kiss Baekhyun than that and hell, who even thought of reversing the whole I curse you story. A kiss before the real deal, next thing we know there maybe no exact cure for this whole disaster"

"Actually, there isn't" the male points out with a grin.

"Isn't what?"

"There isn't any cure for the whole 'wish water' thing" Jongdae swear his heart stopped at the information. "It's just, get the needed kiss, say thank you and let fate lead the way" the male blinks up dreamily at A stoic Jongdae before patting the man in the cheeks. 

"But you didn't tell me anything about a kiss" Jongdae whined at the witch, his high pitched boys piercing Luhan's ear, "and oh my god! What did I get myself into?" 

Luhan shrugs his shoulder as an answer before pushing Jongdae out the restroom, who refrains from doing so. "Don't worry, until you get a kiss from Yixing the spell won't work. Now leave, we've taken up most of my apprentice energy and I don't think I'll be able to carry him back to my place"

"You have a house" Jongdae points out.

"Yes, I have a house" Luhan judges Jongdae before closing the door with a loud bang. Jongdae notices before the last note of the closing door fades that everything in his surrounding had froze into a stand still, and then going back to motion after the last sound dispels into nothingness. Jongdae blinks up a couple of times, seeing a waving LiYin, calling for him. Yixing smiles at him with his irritating dimple and Jongdae reminds himself to earn Yixing's kiss and finally extract his revenge.