Nu Wang's Little Boy (SPECIAL CHAPTER)

Oh My Baby!!

Zhihan loves his parents, he really does. He loves his father, the person that would always be there for him whenever his sad and the most helpful advisor he could have in life. He loves his Nu Wang. No. He adores his Nu Wang, the one that gave up his life for Zhihan's future. His Nu Wang that would go through hell and back to keep his family to safety. His Nu Wang that would always shower his unconventional family with so much love to last a lifetime. Zhihan is not allowed to play favorites when it comes to his parents but he's more attached to his Nu Wang as much as Cheonsa is attached to her papa.

 

But this is tested by one slight incident.

 

"Are you adopted?" Bomi, the most annoying girl Zhihan had met, asked after class. It was three o' clock in the afternoon and Zhihan is waiting patiently for his Uncle Luhan to come pick him up to school. The family, his parents and his eccentric uncles, had planned a small picnic by the park for Minseok's post-graduation party. It's just a small gathering but everyone would be there and Zhihan wouldn’t miss the opportunity to play with his cousins-- Jongin and Sehun. Setting those exciting thoughts away, Zhihan still had a nosy Bomi behind him awaiting an answer. "Zhihan?"

 

"No, I'm not adopted" Zhihan answers truthfully, not bothering to spare the girl one glance.

 

"But if you have two daddies then that would mean one of them isn't biologically related to you" Bomi continues. "Mommy said so."

 

"Your point is?"

 

"Boys don't make their own babies. They need a mommy to carry them" Bomi replies and Zhihan finally turns to her with a very deadly glare he had learned from his Uncle Kyungsoo. Bomi doesn’t even cower at the look and the boy thinks she had a screw loose in her head.

 

"And who said my 'mother'" he quotes in the air, "…didn’t carry me for seven months."

 

"But you just told me you don’t have a mommy"

 

"I don’t have a mommy. I have a Nu Wang" He carefully explains to the girl with a sneer. "Nu Wang carried me in his makeshift uterus for seven months before he died got resurrected and gave birth to another baby named Cheonsa. You have a girl for a mother. I have a boy for a mother. Now stop bothering me!"

 

Bomi doesn’t say anything more and Zhihan turns away to wait for his witch of an uncle again. "So… does that mean that Cheonsa's adopted?"

 

"I just told you my Nu Wang gave birth to her!!" Zhihan flails around in anger as he snaps his head towards her. He has the scary glare that his Nu Wang would sport whenever his daddy would spoil Cheonsa behind his back. "What part of that story don't you understand?"

 

"It's just weird, you know?" Bomi mutters and Zhihan could see something akin to pity in the girl's eyes.

 

"What is?"

 

"You having two fathers"

 

"Having two fathers doesn’t change the fact that I have parents to take care of me and love me" Zhihan answers the girl with soft eyes. His papa's soft eyes that Nu Wang would love to stare whenever the two adults think they're alone. "You won't understand because you live in your own world."

 

"Honestly, I don't" Bomi says with those sad eyes that Zhihan wonders the true meaning of. "A mother would understand every child's pain because they come from her womb. Fathers can only do much but support you and your needs, be your advisors when needed, but when it feels like everything comes crashing down your mother's there. You don’t have anything like that even if you delude yourself that you have one. Let's just say your Nu Wang is your mommy, but he's still a boy. He still is functioned to act like a dad than a mom."

 

"But Nu Wang acts like that…" Zhihan trails off as his eyes casts down to the floor.

 

"No" Bomi shakes her head. "You just think your Nu Wang acts like a mom because you think of him as a mom. Take everything away, your illusion of him, you'll see that you never had a mom to begin with. Just two males that made a mistake and unfortunately made you"

 

Zhihan feels his heart break at the statement. It's true though. Zhihan was just a mistake. His Nu Wang had Aunt Liyin before he was made and they were happy with each other until he was made. Do-hyun was supposed to be his papa's real baby but Zhihan's existence made everything complicated and the real Do-hyun died. Zhihan was the reason for everything that had happened eight years ago. He was the reason for the end of his Nu Wang's love story with Liyin and his papa's love story with Yoona.

 

"Zhihan?" Bomi steps forward as she sees tears forming in the boy's eyes.

 

"ZHIHAN!!!!" Cheonsa and Do-hyun's loud voice screams from his Uncle Luhan's car parked infront of the gate. "Zhihan! Come on or else Uncle Chanyeol will eat the cake. Zhihan!!"

 

"Coming" Zhihan tries to shout but his voice cracks at the end. He could see his Uncle Luhan look at him in worry before opening the door to the passenger seat for Zhihan. The boy doesn’t even say a goodbye to Bomi before he jumps inside the car. He doesn’t even acknowledge his Uncle Luhan's question of how's school neither does he acknowledge the loud rambles of both Cheonsa and Do-hyun at the back.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jongdae is the first person to notice Zhihan's gloominess when he hops off Luhan's Cadillac to walk towards his favorite uncle. Baekhyun doesn’t even look bothered at the boy's clinginess continuing his banter with Kyungsoo.  "Is something wrong?" Jongdae asked his friend.

 

"I don't know" Luhan answers with the exact concerned expression Jongdae is exhibiting. "But I think it might have something to do with his classmate"

 

"Did he get into a fight?" Yixing comes from behind as he looks at the boy, hiding under his uncle's arms in comfort.

 

"You know him. Zhihan's too nice to even lay a finger on anyone"

 

"Then what's wrong?" Baekhyun's trying to pry Zhihan off his arms but the boy had a strong hold on his uncle. And from the look on Baekhyun's face it seems that the younger had started crying.

 

There's a tug in Jongdae's heart string at the sight of his son's shaking shoulder and as if on auto-pilot Jongdae walks to comfort his first born. "Hey baby" Jongdae pulls the boy to look at him. Zhihan's red in the face trying to hold back his sob while Baekhyun looks at the child in concern before moving to give them space. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

 

"I'm sorry, Mama" Zhihan never calls Jongdae mama unless he was really upset, confused, and sick. It makes Jongdae's heart pace rapidly in concern when Zhihan hugs him tightly while crying on his chest. Everyone's watching them now but Jongdae couldn’t care less, trying to stop his son from crying.

 

"For what baby?" Jongdae combs through his son's hair in comfort.

 

"For being a mistake" Zhihan's voice cracks at the word mistake and Jongdae is surprised at what had fallen from his son's lips. He pulls his son away from his chest to stare at his son's tear-ridden face.

 

"What do you mean being a mistake?" Zhihan shakes his head refusing to answer. "Baby? You got to tell me what's wrong or you won't feel better."

 

"Bomi told me I didn’t have a mama that I was just treating you like my mama because I wanted you to be one. She made me realize that I was indeed a mistake that if I wasn’t here then maybe you would be with Aunt Liyin or papa might still be with Aunt Yoona" Zhihan sniffles and Jongdae's eyes flashes with anger before being replaced with concern as he wipes away the new tears falling from his son's eyes. "I'm sorry Mama"

 

"You're not a mistake, Zhihan." Jongdae sends a small smile at his son. "If it weren't for you then maybe I would still be my old depressed self or maybe your papa would still be in some sort of love-induced state. Zhihan you might have ruined something like a love story between me and Aunt Liyin but you did bring back your papa to me. If it weren't for you, I might have never married your father or had Cheonsa. You're a blessing to us and don't ever think you're anything less than that."

 

"But…" Zhihan tries to speak but instead he decided to hug Jongdae tightly, trying to burrow his head on his Nu Wang's chest. Jongdae's hold on him is strong and somehow it lessens the pain and make him calm. This is why Nu Wang's hug is his favorite it was warm, strong, comforting, and so full of love.

 

"I'm still your mama, Nu Wang, mommy, mother, or whatever" Jongdae places a small kiss on his son's crown. "And you'll always be Nu Wang's little boy, don’t ever forget that"

 

"Promise" Zhihan pulls away to present his pinky finger and Jongdae laughs at the childish behavior.

 

"Promise" Jongdae intertwines his pinky with Zhihan's and this time the boy cries in happiness and reassurance. "Love you baby boy"

 

"Love you too" Zhihan beams brightly and before he knows it he is tackled by his sister in a hug. "Ow! You're heavy"

 

"And you're such a drama king" Cheonsa tells his brother. "But I still love you!"

 

"This calls for a group hug!" Yixing hollers before scooping his family in a large hug. The gang behind smiles at the sight of a happy family before they decided to join in.

 

"Power hug!!!" the gang screeches as they tackle the small family in the ground.

 

Zhihan loves his parents. He really does. And he would go through the ends of the world to preserve what he was blessed with. His Nu Wang would always be his Nu Wang and he would always be his Nu Wang's little boy.

 

To Eternity and Beyond :)

 

~~~~~~

A/N: Oops! I forgot to write the meaning of Nu Wang. Nu Wang means the King's wife. Yixing taught Zhihan that for fun, also Cheonsa has another name for Jongdae. Okay, bye~~~