DAD'S ANGER.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s just now that I realize why Jiyong always tells me after having a baby after another, that he still wants to make some more. He wants to have many kids because they are really the highlight of your life. With their smiles alone, your mood will lighten, and every time they say “I love you” match it with a sticky kiss, you can’t help but fall in love with them over and over again.

“Babe” I say with a sigh while looking at his portrait “If only we can make another one”, then laughs at myself for being so silly.

                                    

I can’t get pregnant anymore and it’s all because I made a well-thought-of decision to undergo Tubal Ligation (a permanent birth control) after my last pregnancy, after convincing Jiyong intensely. Truth is I’m not going to do it if he tells me that he’s good to have a Vasectomy (permanent birth control for men), but he’s not, that’s why even in his age of forty-seven, he can still make babies, which he will not dare do, because I will not even think twice in cutting his “wild member” before something happens. Haha!

 It took me a good fifteen minutes to compose myself, and before taking a bath, I clean some parts of our big house first (this is the perks of not having any helpers around).

“Why are guys so dirty?” I’m picking up papers on the floor in the boys’ room (yes, they still share bedrooms) and checks each one of them before crumpling and throwing it in the bin “Fan letters” I say upon seeing one, neatly folds it and keep it in a drawer.

The twin boys are popular in school just like their Danny Hyung because of their not-so-rock band called “RGK” (Russelle-Gabrielle-Kwon). Well, they don’t have good voices like the girls but for some reason, they can make teenage girls’ drop. Don’t get me wrong, I’m just being true and both of them know it too. Yes, they really love music, but music doesn’t love them as much as they do. But nevertheless, I’m all cool with what they trip on doing. After all, there’s always a space for improvement.

“Babe!” Jiyong calls out.

“I’m here at the boys’ room!” I call back and soon enough, he’s already watching me clean with him just sitting comfortably on Danny’s bed.

“What’s this?” he pulls out a box from under our son’s pillow.

“What is it?” I ask while brushing the carpet.

“He’s going to get it from me later” he says in rage, making me snatch the box from him.

“OH MY GOSH!” I exclaim, shocked and almost out of my mind “He’s smoking”

Just by thinking that one of my children is smoking, KILLS ME. At this point I don’t know how to react and what to say. Questions like, “Did we forget to tell them that smoking is bad?” “What have we done wrong?” starts running in my head.

To be very honest, I’m not that shocked to know that one of my sons is smoking and it’s all because, ever since young, they see Jiyong and some of their YG uncles, and my Dad doing it. As far as I know, I’m very diligent to the point that I’m already bothersome, in telling, not only the boys but also the girls, that smoking or any vice is bad (though Isabella drinks once in a while).

“Babe” I need to snap him out of his rage because we shouldn’t react exaggeratingly without any confirmation.

About to go ballistic, he looks at me “What?”

I sit beside him, facing him fully and reach for his hand “Babe…we still know nothing…yes…it’s a no brainer already since we found a proof…but…those sticks can be somebody else’s”

He smirks “Ow please Babe! This…” he shows the cigarette box and to my shock, throws it on the floor “Is enough to tell me that he’s smoking…and it’s bull if he’s going to reason out that its not his because he could’ve said no when that “somebody” asked him to keep it…especially when he knows that if we see it heaven and hell will surely collide”

Jiyong rarely gets angry. Like before, he’s still the one spoiling our children and I’m the “Evil Witch” for I contradict in everything. But, now that they’re growing up faster than we expected them to be, he’s being too strict, that sometimes I have to tell him it’s not the right way to handle teenagers and young adults.

“We will talk to Danny about this later after work” I say and hug him.

“I’m the one to be blamed for this” he says, making me look at him and sigh.

“Babe” I intertwine my fingers to his and caress his face with my other hand “I must admit…you have a contribution to this for he sees you smoking ever since young…BUT…we never fail to remind them that it’s bad…let’s not get mad at him without hearing any explanations…please”

I’m begging because I don’t want him to scold our son without explaining himself. Call me stupid, but even if I know that he’s doing something wrong and is worthy of our anger, I still want to just talk him out of it and not scold or punish him to death.

“What time are you going to the office?” he asks after I clean the boys’ room.

I look at the clock on the wall and jerk up frantically because I only have an hour and a half to prepare for work, and I cannot afford to be late for I have meetings to attend.

“I love you” I give him a peck on the lips “I’ll take a bath now” he pulls me to him and give me a peck on the lips “I’m running late already” and kisses me again “Seriously Kwon Jiyong” I say, not moving a muscle and still waiting for another kiss.

“You really need to move and prepare now” he says but pulls me again for another kiss. It made me smile “Like yeah…I have to let you go” he says but kisses me again.

“Yeah you should” I’m still not moving and almost throw myself at him for another kiss “OH MY!” I shriek when he cup my and squeezes it.

He lay in bed while laughing “Aigoo…my wife is a little Horn…”

“Shut it!” I yell, cutting him off, and he laughs loudly.

“Do you want me to join you for a bath?” he asks in a very teasing and appealing way (I’m so used to hearing it and up until now, I’m still attracted to it).

In the end, we took a bath together, and if you think that all we do now is rub each other’s back because our bones are too stiff to reach it, YOU’RE WRONG, for we still make love once in a while.

Yes, we’re in our mid-forties already. Jiyong’s forty-seven and I’m forty-five. But, the sweetness and affection hasn’t gone away at all. We still talk cheesy, show affection in front of people, and can be very intimate, although our urge is not like twenty years ago where we can’t get our hands off each other. I don’t know, but maybe it’s because of the age, or maybe, we had our fill of already that there’s no position we haven’t tried and places where we haven’t done it yet.

Dressing up is still so easy for me. Hang me for bragging, but I still keep a tight body even in my age. Believe it or not, I can fit in Isabella’s clothes without any sweat at all. My eldest daughter and I are often mistaken as sisters, for I dress and carry myself younger than my age. Hey! It’s not bad to act young! In fact, women in their forties going fifties should enjoy youth again (in a clean and not exaggerated way).

“Done!”

With my hair in a tight bun (the clips securing my hair up is giving me a headache, but in the name of beauty, I shall it up), I check myself in the mirror for the very last time, put another layer of lipstick on my still-pale-looking lips and smile.

                                                                                                        

“Aigoo” Jiyong scans me from head to foot and back “Tell me…” he sit up straight and looks at me with smiling-bright eyes. He’s going to tease me again, I can feel it.

“Are you sure you’re already in your forties? Because…every time I see you in those kinds of dresses…I feel like I married a baby who is now just in her late twenties”

It made me laugh so loud and blush. Jiyong always teases me about my age and there are times I get mad at him for going too far, but it’s always so good to hear my husband who looks like he just aged a bit, complimenting me (husbands should really say beautiful things to their wives).

“You’re a cradle snatcher then” I joke and lean in to give him a goodbye kiss.

“I’m already in jail you know” he says, making me look at him curiously.

“Huh?”

He chuckles “Jail of love”

I push his face away playfully “Too cheesy

Please log in to read the full chapter