B.I.G.B.A.N.G

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

BIG BANG

Legends, Music Geniuses, Top-notch performers, World-class Artists, Trendsetters, Idols. These are what best describes the Korean Idol Group, Big Bang. Debuted year two thousand six, the boys, after marrying and having children, decided to retire from the Idol world.

G-dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri may have parted ways professionally but stayed as brothers. Pursuing acting and Varieties, the youngest members established new labels under their wings, while Taeyang continued being a singer/performer. On the other hand, T.O.P and G-dragon, fully dropped out of being a celebrity and chose to produce and mentor artists, writing hit songs after another.

*One month ago*

“Oh! Good thing the three of you are here” YG Sajangnim rushed to G-dragon and T.O.P’s studio right after his meeting for an important matter.

Taeyang who is preparing for an upcoming album is with them. “What’s up Hyung!” he greets and slides a swivel chair to him.

“I’ve got something to tell you guys” the star builder says, making the boys curious.

“What is it Hyung?” T.O.P asks.

G-dragon starts biting his nails, a gesture he does whenever he’s nervous. Actually, there’s really nothing to be nervous about, but it becomes natural to him already because ever since he was young, YG Sajangnim spikes up his nerves when he’s got something to tell him with a serious expression plastered on his face.

“hmmm” YG Sajangnim looks each one of them in the eyes “I just got out of a meeting with some members of the board…and…we happen to go down memory lane…you know…YGE’s humble beginning… how the family add up and multiplied...it brings a lot of memories…both good and bad….and I must say…the birth of Big Bang is one of the most colorful out of all that this company has been through….”

The boys look at each other and smiled, touched by what they just heard. It’s not so often that they reminisce, but when they do, they cannot help but be emotional for they’ve been through a lot together and was able to get through every hurdle without completely hitting rock bottom.

“To be very honest boys…I miss having Big Bang around” YG Sajangnim’s tone is very sincere, it’s so easy to tell that he means what he says. “Yes…the five of you are still here…I get to see you together…each one of you are successful…VERY SUCCESSFUL…but I guess I’m in a point where I’m missing your music…the performances and the undoubted brotherhood you guys have…and I must say…it’s not only me who is feeling this way…if not all…majority of the people here and especially the masses…feel the same way too…in fact…we keep on receiving requests to get you all together again in some kind of reunion…and they’re not asking for a full-time comeback…they just want to see you guys again…in one stage…singing the songs that only Big Bang can perform best”

It’s been close to a decade since the group broke-up and up until now there are still people who are hoping and waiting for their return. The boys are open to anything and they are aware of their fans’ wishes, but unlike when they were still young, their fears doubled, and one of them is the fear of not being taken easily in the entertainment world again.

“As much as I want to do it…I’m not that confident anymore…you get me?” G-dragon tells TOP and Taeyang after YG Sajangnim left.

Taeyang takes a deep breath and nods his head. “Honestly…I am too…well…yes…I’m still performing…but…my music is so far from Big Bang’s now…and it’s not like we can do hip-hop in our age…not only is it going to look awkward but it’ll feel like we’re making a big joke out of ourselves”

“I agree” TOP cannot say anything anymore since his dongsaengs already said what’s on his mind. “If only we can still do what we’re used to do…I miss Big Bang too you know”

Who doesn’t miss Big Bang? They are one of the most celebrated, but amidst the popularity and the countless demands of the Idol world, they were able to maintain their uniqueness, a hard job to do for an Idol Group.

*Present*

TOP calls the boys for coffee at his house upon knowing that all of them are free from work for the day. It’s not that hard to call for a sudden meet up anyway since they live so close to each other, except for Seungri who chose to live an hour away from them.

“Where’s Maknae?” G-dragon asks after settling on his seat.

Daesung, with his daughter on his lap, sighs “He called me before I go here and said that he’ll be a bit late cause his kids are not at home yet from school and Xyra is out somewhere…no one’s going to be left in their house”

“Aigoo” Taeyang sits comfortably with his feet on the center table “They have twice the number of helpers than Jiyong when his children are still little thinking that he only has two…can’t he just leave the house to their helpers?”

TOP walks in the living room with cans of beers in his arms “You know that kid…when he’s lazy…he’ll make a lot of excuses…but…he’s going…and I’m sure of that…because if not…he’s going to get it from me”

The boys laugh. They know each other so well that they know what the other is up to even with good reasons as cover ups.

“Did you guys know that Brady filed for resignation just this morning?” TOP tells the boys.

G-dragon gasps. “Clara didn’t tell me about it”

“Why?” Daesung asks in curiosity.

“According to Railey…he’ll follow Anne and their children in Japan” TOP answers.

“Ah…yes…” G-dragon knows about the matter for Clara shared it to him already. And because he knows about it, he decided to tell s.

“So…what now? Do you think Clara can make things work without Brady? I mean…he plays a big role in the brand” Daesung asks, looking at his former leader.

“Actually…” the eldest of the four butts in “They offered the job to Railey just this morning”

“Seriously?” Taeyang asks in surprise.

Their Hyung nods. “Daryl woke her up and bugged her to come to the magazine house which she did…but came back early and a little frustrated”

“Why is that Hyung?”

“Well…she feels so bad after turning them down”

None from the boys were shocked for they perfectly know that Railey doesn’t have any plans on working again. As a matter of fact, they are wishing for their wives to be like her too.

“But…don’t worry about it…” TOP smiles widely “I enlightened her already”

His Dongsaengs look at each other and burst out in laughter. “Aigoo Hyung….what did you do?”

“Yah! I did a good job!” he defends himself.

“Really?” G-dragon is not buying it for he thinks that he’s just playing with them.

TOP smirks “Railey is on her way to the magazine house as we speak for the team is going to throw a welcome party for her tonight”

The boys’ jaws drop in disbelief. It seems like their Hyung did enlighten his wife in a very good way, for he made her bend when it’s one thing he really can’t do.

Please log in to read the full chapter