FAMILY-MPICS.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

JIYONG

Having a big family has always been my dream. As a matter of fact, it became a goal after getting married. I don’t know, but ever since young I’m already so fond of seeing families with three to six children though I know that it’s not normal for Korean families to have a lot of members.

Becoming a Father at a young age and basically learning how to handle a tricky life, I can say that there’s no problem I’m going to back-out from. Just take my son, Danny, for example. Last night, I’m so angry at him that I doubt myself if I can still be the Father that I was to him before his “rebellion” started. But you know what, with an open mind and the drive to bring him back to a good path again, calmed me down and gave me the guts to try to solve the problem, which I’m proud I succeeded.

And now that I already know what’s making him do crazy things, I can’t even bring myself to get mad at him anymore. Primarily because I’m the reason why he lived, or is still living, a chaotic and not-so-private life. If only I know that my being a celebrity and all that comes with it will have a huge impact on my children, I should’ve turned my back on the industry earlier. I can’t help but think, do my other children have the same issue as their brother? Do they feel suffocated too in the world I brought them in? Are they looking for themselves too, far away from the name and the status that their Mum and I have given them?

“These need to be done…PRONTO!” Gabby is just too demanding. She’s been bossing almost all of us around for a while now.

I take a deep breath and exhale heavily “Baby girl” I call, and she looks at me. “How many balloons do we have to fill up with water? There are a lot in the bucket already”

She walks to the bucket and counts the balloons “We need more Dad”

This is impossible. Seriously, I think I have filled a hundred balloons with water already. “How many do you think are we going to throw at each other?” I ask, wanting to stop but is still holding the hose and waiting for a balloon to fill up.

“Dad” she grip my left shoulder and smile “We need a lot because the games are not just games…this is a family Olympics…you don’t know how intense can it be”

 A while ago, we, together with the Choi’s and Dong’s, agreed to have a family Olympics for we’ve made this school and work day as a holiday. If only I know that it’s going to be a big deal, I would’ve just suggested to go out somewhere fun, like the theme park.

“I’m already tired” TOP hyung lay beside me, sweat dripping from forehead to chin.

Having a four year old is no joke. I swear. I’ve had four year olds twice as him and it’s more draining than having no sleep and being food deprived.

“Hyun Suk with Rain is really crazy” I tell him and he can’t agree more.

TOP hyung, Youngbae and I are like our wives already who cannot live with each other. Closer than we were still Big Bang, we share our happiness and pain that only us can relate to. Just imagine having Clara, Railey and Daryl as your wife.

“Aigoo” Youngbae joins us, his shirt already soaked in sweat “All I want to do now is tie myself in bed” he says, making us laugh.

“I want to do that too” I say.

TOP hyung chuckles “I want to wear an invisibility cloak even just for an hour and bum around somewhere peaceful”

Seeing them in this state relieves me, because unlike them, I don’t have a toddler anymore. My youngest are ten year olds and they have already passed the “chase-me-dad-chase-me-Mum” stage.

“DONE!” I almost shout after filling up the last balloon.

“Great! Great! Great!” Isabella walk to us clapping “Thanks Dad…Thanks Uncles” she says sweetly, making the three of us smile from ear to ear “Now…bring them to Mum and the Aunties”

“AISH!” TOP hyung forces his heavy body up and carry a bucket.

“I’ll bring this” Youngbae get the other bucket from me “OH!” but Rain suddenly slams herself to him.

“Play! Play! Daddy Play!” she repeats with her hands in a praying position while jumping energetically.

How cute can she be?

“Sorry Jiyong…but I can’t carry this anymore” he says and I get the bucket from him.

“Can you give Uncle Ji a kiss?” I ask the little girl whose batteries are fully charged.

She stretch her arm out as if asking for something “Coin first”

Youngbae and I exchange looks, and burst out laughing “Daryl taught her…not me” he says.

“A coin for a smooch!” Rain is killing me with her cuteness.

“I knew it” I tell him and laugh again.

Good thing Miracle slip in some coins in my back pocket while playing mart.

“Here’s your coin Miss” I place it on her palm and she asks me to crouch down in front of her. With her arm around my neck, she leans in and kisses me on the lips. “OMO!”

“Rain already smooches you” she points at me cutely and giggles.

Looking at Rain and knowing her condition, I cannot help but be sad. Her fragility and delicateness is really not an easy thing. Clara and I salute Daryl and Youngbae for being great parents to her. Not even once have we heard them complain about how hard it is to handle a child with special needs, and never have we felt that they regret having her. I cannot even imagine how Clara and I will be if ever we’re given a child like Rain.

“They are really into this…huh?” I ask my wife while waiting for the “Olympics” to start.

She hugs me tightly “Aww babe…this is gonna be fun” then kiss me on the cheek.

I wrap my arm around her shoulders “We should win this coz we’re at home advantage” I joke, making her laugh.

Our big girls are the organizers and hosts of the event, and they have every detail planned even with so little time.

“The families should wear the same color of shirts” DK announces.

Daryl raises her hand “Wait!”

“Yes Auntie” Gabby sounds so classy.

“Does this mean we have to go home just to change?” Daryl asks.

Isabe

Please log in to read the full chapter