CAUGHT OFF GUARD.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jiyong looks at me, hard and long. I don’t know what’s running in his head but it clearly shows on his face that he’s dying to know who the man in front of him is.

I clear my throat and smile. “Babe…”

“Max” gasp, making me and my husband look at him.

Why do I feel really awkward when I don’t need to be?

“Babe…” I repeat and he looks at me with an eyebrow raised. “This is Mr. Maximo Sandoval” I spit out my introduction with so much thoughts in my head. I turn to “Max” who is obviously curious of Jiyong as he was of him. “He’s one of YGR’s newest investors…from Mexico”

At this point, Jiyong’s tensed arm loosens, making me sigh in relief. This is the first time in a long time that my husband was alarmed by a man.

“Mr. Sandoval” I call and he looks at me intently. I pat Jiyong’s arm, look at him, smile sweetly then turn to the man in front of us again. “This is Kwon Jiyong...one of YG’s legendary artists…producer and mentor...and most especially” my heart skips a beat. “My husband”

The moment I said my last words, “Max’s” eyes nearly popped out of its sockets already. He looked really shocked.

“Husband?” he asks.

Unexpectedly, Jiyong reaches out his hand to him. “Max” took his hand. “Yes…I’m her husband”

WOAH! What’s with the angst-y tone? Seriously, the dragon in Kwon Jiyong doesn’t need to come out, but it seems like it’s on the process of doing so.

 “Max” finally come to his senses. “Hola! (Hi!)”

What’s with the sudden shifting of language?

“Nice to meet you” he’s smiling but there is tension in his eyes.

I look at Jiyong and his face is tight. “Same here” he manage to reply.

Clara! Break the silence! And also, please, shoo away the tension because if it rises a notch, things will surely mess up.

Not knowing what to do next, I inhale as much as much air as I can and exhaled. I pull out a smile and wished for something to come up just to distract us from this awkward moment.

“HOLA!” Daryl greets while walking towards us with Railey behind her.

Our eyes meet and I can tell that she’s trying not to laugh. “Jiyong!” she’s pretending to see him just now. “You’re here!”

My husband smirks. “Obviously” he says and I look at him weirdly.

“So…I guess…Clara already introduced you two?” Daryl is my life saver. I swear. I owe her one.

“Max” looks at her then at me. “Yes”

“Great!” Daryl is still sporting a cheerful voice. “Uhmmm…” but she can also feel the awkwardness that’s been embracing us for a while now. “Do you want to see the YG Teen Runway office?” she asks “Max”.

He looks at me for a reason I know not then turn to the girls. “Of course”

Railey sighs and eyes me. “We’ll take “Max” to the other office”

“Yeah! Sure!” I reply and give out a forced smile.

“Nice meeting you again” “Max” reaches his hand out to Jiyong this time.

He takes his hand with a smile on his face. “Have a good day!”

Phew! How stressful is that?

To be honest, I don’t know why it stressed me out. Ah! Maybe it’s just me who is thinking way too much a while ago. Maybe Jiyong is not really on “red alert”. And maybe, “Max” is not shocked with me being married too. OH GOSH! I think I really need to stop over-analyzing things and over-reading people.

On the way to my office, Jiyong and I are quiet. As much as I want to speak, I can’t, because I’m drained from what just happened. For the reason why he’s not talking, I don’t have a clue.

He sits on the couch and grabbed a magazine on top of the center table (a thing he do whenever he’s here).

“Babe” I call, my voice sounds unstable.

He looks up and waits for me to continue what I’m saying. “What brought you here?” I ask and move closer to him.

“Nothing…I’m free for a few hours until Daesung comes back from a photo shoot and I thought…maybe we can have dinner with Isabella at the cafeteria”

“Aww…babe” I his cheek and kisses it “I’ll call Isabella”

He stops me by grabbing my hand. “No need…she’s busy for sure coz the investor is at their office…let’s just have dinner somewhere before going home….is that fine with you or are you planning to have an overtime?”

Well, I’m actually planning to work till ten or eleven this evening for I still have a lot to finish but of course, I will not push it anymore because family goes first. Also, Jiyong needs to unwind, and a dinner- out is perfect.

Time passed by quickly. Jiyong went back to their recording studio after staying in my office for almost an hour and I go back to work right after.

“Sis!” Railey and Daryl walks in and I stop what I’m doing.

“How was it? Where’s Mr. Sandoval?” I ask.

Daryl flops on the couch and Railey sits on the chair in front of my desk. “He left after touring the other office”

“He was actually waiting for you before he leave” Railey says.

I raise an eyebrow in curiosity. “I don’t know why…but…he acted strangely after you left” she continues.

“Huh?”

Daryl smirks. “I’m not sure of this…but Sis…” she transfers to the chair beside Railey. “I think he’s really shocked with you being married already”

“Crazy”

“No ! He looks flushed all of a sudden…also…I can feel that he’s itching to ask me something but didn’t do so” she continues.

So what now? Does this mean that my hunch is right? “Max” is really shocked upon learning that I’m already married? But, why?

“I don’t understand” I tell them.

Railey chuckles “Don’t mind it! I’m sure Daryl is just over-analyzing it” she says, making Daryl hiss.

“Anyway…” I shift my position and cross my legs. “How was it? Did he have fun?”

The girls looked thrilled all of a sudden, startling me. I wonder what happened during the tour. Oh well, maybe they really had a good time. Too bad I wasn’t there.

“He’s really handsome” Daryl bursts out. “He’s the modern-day Adonis…or…Hercules…or…Ares…or…”

“Or Zeus…or Hades…or…Hermes…or Poseidon…” Railey butts in playfully.

“Or…Aphrodite!” I go along and we burst out in crazy laughter.

Daryl gives out an annoyed expression that makes us laugh more.

“Seriously!” she yells.

Railey looks at her then at me. “I didn’t know that I

Please log in to read the full chapter