THE KIND OF TALK....

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONs

It’s not everyday that you screw up, for all of us are capable of doing so. Thing is, once you’re done screwing up, you will feel very regretful and getting drunk, and not being able to focus on my real agenda as to why I am in that club last night makes me feel so bad not for myself, but for Isabella, because I’m sure that the last thing on her mind is me and Jiyong, playing around, partying and drinking up until our feet gets wiggly.

Life lesson 101: Do not let your hunger for fun shaken you, because once you do, the goal you’ve set will go down the drain in just a snap of a finger.

I WILL NEVER DRINK NOR GO CLUBBING AGAIN.

My head badly hurts. I must’ve emptied glasses after glasses of Margarita and Vodka tonic double (my all-time favorite booze), to the point that it all went up to my head instead of going down to my . This is bad. SO BAD, that I don’t even know if I can work today.

“Dad! Dad! Dad!” I’m awakened by Russelle and Gabrielle who are so loud early in the morning. Isn’t it still too early for them to wake up?

Jiyong removes his arm around my waist and faces the other side to see our twin boys. I, on the other hand, didn’t bother to look at them because of my badly throbbing head. I also know that I wouldn’t be able to remember whatever they’ll be talking about.

“hmmm” Jiyong pulls himself up slowly, maybe to not wake me up.

“Dad” Russelle’s changing voice (blame puberty) sounds nervous. I wonder what’s going on with our children.

“What is it?” my husband asks, his morning voice sounding so y.

Silence. Maybe the twins are still trying to figure out how to spit out whatever they want to say or report to their Dad using their twin power telepathy like they always do (I’m telling you, it can be freaky sometimes).

“Boys…” Jiyong is starting to get impatient. They really should talk now before his ears shut down that even though his eyes are open and he looks like he’s listening, he really isn’t which is one of the most annoying things Kwon Jiyong can do.

The twins sigh at the same time. “All of us…are…awake now…Dad” Gabrielle says.

“Good! Your Mum doesn’t have to wake you guys up anymore and can still sleep some more” he tells them.

“Actually Dad” it’s Russelle’s turn to speak and from here, I can tell that he’s the one who’s assigned to break out whatever it is that they have to say. “The reason why we’re all awake already is because….”

“Baby boys” the tone of Jiyong’s voice is now serious. “Just tell me what it is…are the girls fighting over a pair of jeans or shoes once again? Did you play a prank on them this early in the morning…pissing them off that you want me to go to their room and stop them from crying or stop your Noonas in scolding you?”

“No…you didn’t hit the jackpot Dad” Gabrielle counters.

“Then what is the jackpot?”

There was silence again. Seriously, if I were Jiyong, I will just go out of our room and see for myself what’s really going on, but I’m not him and I’m too lazy and feeling unwell to even sit up.

“Isabella Noona” Russelle slowly say, his voice even fading on the last letter.

“What about her? She went home with us…did she?” I can tell that Jiyong’s fully awake already.

“Yes…she’s here” Gabrielle assures, making me sigh in relief.

“What about her?”

“Well…”

Urgh! What is really going on? Is Isabella ing out big time on them once again? Cause usually whenever this happens, it’s either she woke up on the wrong side of the bed or she’s in her period (you know, PMS, it brings out the in us girls without fail).

“She’s….mmm…her….” Russelle is stuttering. This is serious. “How do I call him? Mmm….her…date?”

“What about him?” Jiyong is already tensed, I can feel him stiffening beside me.

“He’s….” Russelle paused and swallows hard. “He’s…in one of our guest rooms”

“WHAT?!?” Jiyong exclaims in shock while I exclaim the same thing inside my head.

Next thing I know it, my husband’s already rushing out of our room and God knows what’s happening after.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Why am I still pinned in bed? I should be out of this room already and not let the bloody war that I’m imagining to happen, happen.

Clumsily wearing my robe, I speed out of our room and go up the second floor to the left wing where the guest rooms are. DK, Karielle and Danny come rushing towards me right after seeing me, looking so worried.

“Mum!” Danny calls and reaches me first. “Dad is really on fire”

“I bet he is” I say. “Why is the guy here?”

DK sighs. “To be very honest Mum….you and Dad shouldn’t get your heads and butts on fire because if you were sober last night…he wouldn’t be here”

“What are you talking about?”

She sighs again. “Ryu helped Isabella Unnie bring you and the Uncles and the Aunties home…she let him rest here for a few hours because it’s already so late and it’s gonna be a hassle to even go home…not to mention…he’s sleepy and tired too”

OK. Now I’m calmed down for this is all clean.

“Babe!” I went to Jiyong right away upon seeing him walking out of the guest room.

“Follow me” he says without even looking at me and just head straight to our room.

Behind him, Isabella is in her jammies, her hair messily tied in a ponytail while wearing her geek-specs (her eye grade is high that she can’t see well without contact lenses or eyeglasses).

With my head still aching badly, I just sigh it off and turn to my other children who are obviously rattled and nervous for their sister. This is the very first time this happened, so none of us have a clue on how things will go.

“Can you all be hospitable for me today?” I ask, earning nods from them. I force a smile. “Good…can you please take good care of our guest…ask him what he wants...if he’s hungry...offer him some cereals there are lots to choose from in our pantry…if he needs clothes to change…Danny” I place my hand on my son’s shoulder “Kindly lend him yours…I think you’re the same size…or if not…I’ll get something from your Dad’s closet…just don’t give him anime printed shirts…remember…he’s in college not in high school…give him something college-worthy clothes…get me?” I ask and he nods while laughing.

After trusting our guest to my other kids (wishing that they’ll do what I say), I run to our room and even if I’m just a few i

Please log in to read the full chapter