DRAINED.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONs

February 21

Life, when you think is getting too sour for you, suddenly have surprises that will make it sweet once again. There are moments in our life that we want to bring back again. Like, the desire to feel how it felt before.

Railey coming back to work is really wonderful. When she left to just be a wife and mother, I must admit, it shattered me, for the sole reason that I know things are not going to be the same again. I also fear that we’ll not be able to relate to each other like we use to because we’re not living in the same world anymore. Well yes, in one way or another, our relationship changed, but fortunately, we didn’t let it break our sisterhood and were still able to fix it.

The party days ago is so memorable. Not only because the YG RUNWAYS “GEMS” are back together again but because Big Bang announced that they are planning to have a reunion and as a VIP, my fan girl heart cannot be much happier.

“Babe!” I’m in total disbelief when Jiyong whispered in my ear that Big Bang’s back. “Are you serious?”

He pulls me closer to him and rests his forehead on mine. “Yeah” his breath that smells like mint fill my lungs and as I breathe it out, excitement takes over me.

“No ? You swear to our kids and to our marriage?” this is so overwhelming. I cannot handle my emotions well anymore.

Jiyong caresses my cheek and kisses it. “Yes Babe…I swear to our kids and to our marriage…Big Bang is back”

“But….”

“What?”

“Railey told us that you guys were presented of a Big Bang reunion about a month ago but you guys agreed to not consider it because you don’t fit the idol mold anymore” I tell him.

He takes a deep breath and exhales heavily. “That’s true…we really didn’t consider…but…after talking about it once again and Seungri shoving the matter to our faces…we were able to think things through and…yeah…we agreed to do it”

This made me clap while jumping in glee. My Prada heels are too thin that it might snap and maybe paralyze me (this is an exaggeration), but I didn’t care. All I can feel is happiness and giddiness and excitement.

“Oh my Babe” I hug him tightly “If you can only feel how fast my heart is beating right now” I pull out and he cups my face with both hands.

“I knew this will make you happy” he says with a sweet smile on his face.

I give him a peck on the lips. “Thank you for considering…I’ll thank the other boys too”

“I think I know now how the VIPs will feel and how they’ll react once they know about this” he says and intertwines his fingers to mine.

It made me laugh. Ow I’m sure, it’ll be more than my reaction. My co-VIPs will surely be alive again that even if their youth have passed them already, they will feel like one again.

Jiyong and I joined the group after talking in the corner and from the looks of it, I can tell that the boys have told Railey, Daryl and Isabella of the upcoming reunion too.

“MUM! MUM! MUM!” Isabella tugs me so hard my falls flat on the round couch in a split second. “Have you heard already?” just by the tone of her voice, I can easily tell that we’re sharing the same feelings.

With our hands tightly clasped, I shriek “YES Baby girl!” and the girls squeals like teenagers. This is how strong Big Bang’s reunion announcement impact on us.

“Aigoo” TOP is holding Railey tightly and kisses her shoulder in the sweetest way. “You girls are the first ones to know”

“It’s just right for us to be the first to know” Daryl says “We’re you’re family…your wives to be specific”

“What can you say about it Sis?” Railey looks at me in excitement “Your dragon’s gonna blow musical fire once again”

I smile at her and turn to Jiyong, my hand caressing his cheek. “My fan girl heart is in glee”

He pinches my nose and kisses my temple. “Don’t be too excited Babe”

“Why not?”

The happy and gleeful celebration turned serious after that. I don’t know, but I can’t see any reasons why I can’t be too excited. I mean, I’ve waited so long for this.

Taeyang sighs heavily, making Daryl look at him in confusion. “Aren’t you girls worried that this reunion might not hit at all?”

The girls and I look at each other and smirk. “Seriously…you guys shouldn’t be thinking of that at all” Railey tells them. “Look…your fans waited long for this to happen…of course…you’ll have fears and worries…but…you’re Big Bang! As far as I know…that group doesn’t give a damn whether they hit the jackpot or not…because to them…making good music and entertaining people is the most important”

Daryl nods in agreement. “Not only that…so what if it doesn’t become a hit? At least you showed the world that you still have what it takes and you proved for the millionth time that you deserve to be called as legends”

“There’s really nothing to be scared about guys…trust me…as a solid VIP…I can tell you with so much pride that this reunion…is going to be written in K-pop history...when did we let you down anyway?”

Jiyong pulls me closer to him and hugs me. The boys look enlightened.

To be very honest, I really don’t have any worries that the boys’ comeback to the music scene will flop. Simply because, their music is too good to ignore. I’m sure that even the youth of today will appreciate their music. After all, it hasn’t died. In fact, there are a lot of musicians, artists and performers that looks up to them, even reviving their songs.

President YG went to the party as said and he is so happy to have Railey back in the magazine team once again. He even scheduled an appointment with us to discuss about our plans for the magazine since we’ve been planning to give it a new look and kick (talk about pressure and stress). He also announced Big Bang’s reunion, resulting for everybody to go crazy.

Today, the girls and I are on a roll. It’s just the first half of the year but we already have a lot to do. Our husbands are once again on their work modes and we made a pact to not disturb them since they really need to focus on their album and everything that comes along with it.

“Oh my gosh!” Railey darts in my office holding a collage board. She stands in front of my desk and shows it. “Look closely” she says and I lean forward.

I can see vibrant palettes that suits my taste very well and sample shots that looks chic in my eyes too.

“That’s so freakin’ good Sis” I tell her.

She smiles widely. “I know right! If you only know how long I worked on this…you’ll go bananas!”

Ever since Railey started working again, she’s so enthusiastic to the point that she submits outputs after outputs to me before the given due date, which is very impressive because she’s normally the type who loves rushing things up to the last minute.

“You know…I was thinking…” she sits on the fluffy chair in front of my desk, crosses her legs and swings it back and forth (typical Railey). “Why don’t we scratch the old “do” of YGR as early as now and start making this collage board to life?”

I sigh “If only it’s that easy Sis…you know so well that we just can’t change the look of the magazine in a snap”

“But it’s been so long since the last time we changed it”

“I know…but…let’s research more…brainstorm a lot and come up with more exquisite ideas…you know…for us to not regret in the end”

She rolls her eyes and nods. “Whatever you say Boss…don’t worry…I’ll do exactly what you said and come up with something bangin’ as early as possible…BUT…Sis…I’m telling you…it shouldn’t be put to waste coz if that’s what about to happen…I’ll slit your neck till you drain out of blood”

Oh yes, Railey Uy Choi threatened to d

Please log in to read the full chapter