SIX WEEKS.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                     RAILEY AND DARYL

(6 weeks later)

With their husbands in Jeju Island for a music video filming and their children being cared for by their most trusted people, the girls are the ones with Clara in the hospital.

“Gabs” Daryl calls from Clara’s bed side.

“Yes, Auntie?” the young girl looks at her with a beautiful smile on her face.

Gabby is in recovery. She woke up a day after the accident and was sent home a few days after that. Her bruises and wounds healed well. Her Dad told her about what happened in full detail and she told him about what happened before the crash. She knew about her Mum’s heroic action towards her and she’s so grateful at the same time she cannot help but to blame herself, where her Dad always tells her that accidents happen and there’s nobody to blame for it, and that her Mum just did what every Mum will do, and that is protect her child no matter what.

“Let’s paint your Mum’s nails” Daryl is starting to get bored. She needs something fun to do.

Gabby is more than willing to join her. “What color should we give her for this week, Auntie?” she grabs the pouch filled with beautiful nail polish that her Mum actually owns. The girls got from her vanity table and brought it with them.

For weeks now, Clara’s best friends never fail to doll her up because according to them, Clara will definitely have a meltdown once she wakes looking like a harassed cat. It’s crazy, but it’s the girls’ way to lighten things up.

While the two are in search of a good color, Railey walked in the room with a box of pizza in one hand and a bag of ice cream and soda in the other. She placed it on the big round table at the receiving area and excitedly rush to Clara’s bed side.

“ooohhh…Mrs. Kwon is getting her mani-pedi today” she said and joins in the fun.

“Should we go for yellow since Big Bang is making a comeback in a few days? It’s nice to put their color on Mum’s nails as a way of support” Gabby proudly shares her idea, earning nods of agreements from her Aunts.

“Good thinking!” she and Railey exchanged high fives.

“The boys will love this!” Daryl excitedly applies the first coating carefully.

Speaking of Big Bang, the ever-famous group is about to make a comeback in a few days. They are now filming a music video (their first in years), which the boys are so thrilled about. Their plans for their comeback still keep on changing, but one thing is for sure, they will rock the whole world once again with their music.

“Do you really think the boys will go all out this time?” Railey asks Daryl in the middle of giving Clara a manicure.

Daryl sighs, “You know them, they go all out even when they say they won’t. It’s already in their nature. So, better expected crazy things to happen in the next weeks or months” she said while blowing Clara’s wet nails to dry easily.

“Aunties…” Gabby, who is doing her Mum’s pedicure all by herself, calls, making the girls stop what they’re doing. “Do you think Big Bang can still go full on, on stage? I mean, yes, the Uncles and Dad are still in good shape. Well…” she chuckles, “They are working out as if their lives depended on it” she continues, making her Aunts laugh hysterically, “But, do you think they can last being on stage for more than…let’s say…thirty minutes without breaking a bone?”

For the kids, Big Bang is old. Their Uncles and Dad are still the greatest musicians of all time in their eyes, but if you’re going to ask each one of them, they will tell you right off that Big Bang better stay still on stage than move around like they used to.

Well, Big Bang is coming back all because there are millions of people from all sides of the world waiting for them, and they don’t care if they can’t give them a performance like before. After all, the VIPs know so well that they are not good in going in sync when it comes to dancing. Their voices didn’t change. Their range is still perfect. They can pretty much just scatter around on stage and sing, and the crowd will roar.

“I hope by the time they have their comeback, your Mum is already awake” Railey Clara’s hair, “Out of all of us, she’s the most excited for this”

How can Clara not be? She’s been a VIP ever since the group is only starting.

Gabby stopped painting her Mum’s toes and just stare at her. “Aunties…do you think once Mum wakes up, she’ll still be depressed or something like that?”

This question has been running in the young girl’s mind for a while. She is hoping that once Clara awakes, she’ll go back to her normal self and forget all the bad things she’s gone through.

“Well, we’re not sure, but I hope she’s better once she wakes. Your Mum has gone through so much in a span of what? Three months?” Railey stares at Clara too, “Her life that was once blank and colorless is just so full of color now. It’s a rollercoaster ride that keeps on going”. As she stares at her best friend, she noticed that she’s beginning to have actual color on her face. She isn’t as pale as she was days ago. Is this a good sign?

Daryl finish painting Clara’s left hand and claps silently for a job well done. “Her life is oozing with color. If you’re going to ask me what her life will be like twenty plus years ago, I will tell you without batting an eye that she’s going to live a boring life. That she will not even bother to look for love, for she will stick with her ‘GD or never’ craziness that is just so impossible to happen back then”

Clara’s ‘GD OR NEVER’ was made by her as a joke to keep people away from her business, for they kept on bothering her with questions like when she’s going to have a boyfriend or if she has one, or why not she doesn’t want to have one. She would always tell them that she will not entertain any guy if he isn’t G-dragon (her ultimate crush). It’s crazy, but the young Clara seem to have manifested it.

“Is Mum really in-love with Dad even before they met?” Gabby rarely asks about her parents’ love story. They would talk about it sometimes but it always makes her cringe. Now, she’s totally here for it.

“Well…” if there are

Please log in to read the full chapter