HUMAN JIYONG.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

JIYONG

Being retired for quite a number of years now then coming back to business again can be pretty draining. The boys and I are working doubly hard to make our reunion album as top class as our past albums. We re-arranged our most popular songs, making them fit our age, and have written a song each to add a more personal touch.

I must admit, none of us thought that this will ever happen, given that we’ve aged and our songs didn’t, it will be very challenging for us to perform on a big stage while dancing and singing at the same time. But as the boys say, our bones may have given up on us, but our voices haven’t. Our VIPs as well are still there, patiently waiting. We owe this comeback to them. Also, they don’t mind us not dancing in sync anyway.

“Clara is having the hardest time with that Max Sandoval” Youngbae who is as usual, the early bird for today’s recording told me while we’re reviewing a track.

I ruffled my hair and sit back on the swivel chair “Yeah. She feels suffocated in her own office. Just imagine that, that place is her haven, her “girl cave”, then all of a sudden, this freakin’ man arrives and mess everything up”

I can’t help but feel sad for my wife. These past few days, she keeps on complaining on how hard it is to be working with someone who she strongly feels, will sabotage her any moment. If there’s one thing that Clara isn’t comfortable, that is the feeling of being watched, which she is feeling with Max. In her own words, “I feel like he’s just waiting to discover my weak spot and attack me right way once he finds it”. As much as I want to help her, there’s only a little I can do, for I’ve got no say nor power in the magazine department.

“Daryl told me last night that Clara has been on egg shells with Max ever since he was officially announced as an IOM for YGR. Your wife is being bothered by so many things, that my wife thinks, if it goes on, it’s not going to be long before Clara raises the white flag and surrender her post”

Surrender post meaning she will resign. Honestly speaking, that’s more like it. After all, she already had a good run in the magazine industry. Yes, there are still so much to prove, but she has planted herself permanently as one of the industry’s best.

After our talk, the rest of the members started to arrive. The five of us are as enthusiastic, as the first day we thought about this reunion. Just like before, we’re aiming one goal, that is to make the most of this time to enjoy and make people happy.

“Dad” Isabella is just on time for lunch. Ever since I came back recording, she always makes it a point to join me for lunch to make sure that I’m eating well.

“Your act this morning is really…” I cannot find the right word to describe it.

This morning, the Kwon household suddenly became a battleground. The kids had a verbal fight or more like a debate on whether they should or should not have their own rooms yet. Our first born started it, and ended by my wife, who even have to ask me to come home just to help her handle our baby warriors.

“Wild” Isabella bowed her head down apologetically.

I smirked, “Wild is an understatement”

She chuckled, “Mum was so shocked. She didn’t see that coming, Dad, which I feel so sorry about because all she wanted is to have a good morning and I ruined it”

For starters, Isabella is not one who fights. She’d rather listen than talk. She voices her opinions but will think twice before she even let them out. I guess, she just got too excited asking for her own room awhile ago, that she kinda pushed it far.

“Have you talked with your brothers and sisters already?” If there’s one thing the Kwon kids are good at, it’s settling their indifferences. There’s no issue they cannot resolve by themselves.

Isabella shakes her head, “Not yet, Dad. Gabby and DK don’t want to talk to me as of the moment. The boys being boys, are just waiting for a final decision. Karielle on the other hand, is very vocal in saying how she hates my idea and that she hates me for even opening up the topic” she hissed, “That girl even sent me a long message, and I’m talking about an essay type message here, of the pros and cons of having our own rooms” she then pulled out her phone, searched for the message and made me read it. “As for the little twins, they are afraid to be on their own, but they have to learn how to Dad, and this is the right age for it”

I agree with her. The little kids have to be independent already. With them being the youngest, I feel like we’ve spoiled them a little too far. As for Karielle, she is really something else. Out of our nine kids, she’s the one who gives out good arguments. Her siblings will most likely lose to her every time, and this “give me my own room” issue of theirs is one argument she will not back out of.

“Mum and Dad will get tired of checking in on us” I read “They’ll be like doctors doing rounds on their patients every night” I laughed.

Isabella laughed as well, “She even said there that with Dad’s aging knees, walking from point A to point B will be torture for him, what more walking for point A to point I?”

My lovely children, they can really make you go insane in a snap.

PS: I have bad knees from dancing non-stop for decades, but it’s no torture.

After laughing and having so much fun reading Karielle’s message over lunch, I thought of asking Isabella about their Mum. Working in one office with her, she’s the one who sees how things are in there. After Clara’s breakdown a while ago, I began to worry about her. It really seems like the tension between her and Max is eating up her sanity, it won’t give her a chance to ease up.

“Mum is not as visible as before in the office, Dad” she started, “She’s cooped up in her office most of the time with the Aunties. Unlike before, where she would check in on every department from time to time, now, it’s Auntie Cho hee or Auntie Daryl who does it for her”

I sighed heavily, “I asked her to resign already”

She gasped in surprise, “Really, Dad?” she looks sad. I know our daughter loves working for her Mum. It’s a dream come. “And she agreed with you?”

I nodded, “Your Mum’s too tired. As much as she loves working, she has reached her limit. And, don’t you think it’s time for her to rest and just stay at home?”

To be very honest, during my first mon

Please log in to read the full chapter