OH MY MEAT!

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Huh?” Jiyong faces our daughter fully and crosses his arms across his chest. “Are you going to say something?”

Isabella, even when she’s still young, doesn’t hide secrets from Jiyong and I. We raised her as open as she can be to us, which is really good, but my sole wish for today is for her not to tell about her relationship to her Dad, all because I know too well that he’s not ready for it yet.

“Dad…I want you to be open-minded about this”

She is seriously driving me crazy! My head is throbbing badly, like it’s going to explode soon.                 

“Baby girl” I walk in front of Jiyong, blocking their view of each other, then glared at my daughter when her eyes meet mine.

“OH!” I flinch upon feeling my husband’s hands on my shoulders.

He turns me to him forcefully and stares deep into my eyes. We’re doomed! If there’s one person who can read me very well, it’s Jiyong. Of course, he’s my husband! But other than that, he just have this amusing way of knowing whatever is running in my mind and what I’m feeling just by looking into my eyes.

“Babe” he gives out a heavy sigh “Your eyes are completely giving you out…its fast blinking clearly tells me that you’re hiding something”

See? He’s like a Psychic who can see through me.

“Dad”

Oh please! Seriously, can’t Isabella just shut up and leave everything to me? Where is our Mother- Daughter connection? Can’t she get what I’m trying to tell her? I WANT HER TO SAY NOTHING!

“Girls” Jiyong is growing impatient as time goes by and his morning is obviously slowly being wrecked by us. “Fine!” he raises his hands up in surrender. “If you don’t want to share whatever it is that you’re hiding…I’ll let you be”

Phew!

“But…if things get rough or any of you got into trouble because of this…” he eyes each one of us “I will not help you with it…not even your Mum”

Am I going to be in trouble because of this? No? Yes? No? OH MY GOSH!

Lying to Jiyong is like cheating on him with another guy. It makes me feel so guilty that I’m starting to change my mind of not telling him about Isabella’s relationship and just talk him out of it. Thing is, I’m afraid of how he’ll react and what he might do.

“We’re dead” DK says after their Dad leaves the kitchen.

Gabby hits her forehead lightly with the palm of her hand. “Dad’s going to kill us once he know about our secret”

“Why did I even count myself in this?” Karielle is about to cry already.

Isabella, being the root of all this, comforts her sisters by patting their shoulders. “Don’t worry about it…I’ll take all the punishments for you”

Aww. Sisterly love. This moment is truly lovely. My girls care for each other so much that no matter how hard it is to lie to their Dad, they still stick up to each other.

“Mum” Isabella wraps her arms around me and kisses my cheek “Thank you for being one with us…I know that it’s so difficult for you to lie to Dad”

If only my girls know how horrible things will be once their Dad discovers that I’m lying to him, I’m sure they will not EVER let me lie to him again. No. Jiyong doesn’t hurt me or becomes violent. He just ignores me and reminds me of it every second until I cry because of guilt. And also, his trust in me lessens a bit and I’ll try my best to gain it back again, which is going to be so hard, of course.

“So…what is it?”

Jiyong shock the hell out of me. I thought he’s at the boys’ room. Being in one room with him is hard when I’m keeping a secret from him.

“Huh?” I sit on the edge of our bed, facing him. “What are you talking about babe?”

He smirk “Clara Kwon…as I’ve said…I know so darn well that you and the girls is hiding something from me”

“Aren’t you fine with us not telling you? You just said it a while ago” I tell him and earn a fake smile.

“But I was thinking that you’ll “spill the beans” once it’s just the two of us only” he says, making me feel nervous once again.

What to do? ! This is hard!

“Babe” I crawl to him and lie beside him, his arm under my nape and my arm around his waist. “It’s nothing…you know…just girl stuff…stuff that you’re not interested about at all”

RELATIONSHIP Jiyong, our daughter’s RELATIONSHIP is what I’m hiding from you. God knows how sorry I feel for my husband.

“Is there anything that I’m not interested about especially when it comes to our children babe?” he asks while looking straight into my eyes.

I touch his face and lean forward to kiss him on the lips. “You’re not interested in girly stuffs”

Truth is, Jiyong is interested in anything and everything about our children. I remember, when Isabella and Gabby are our only kids, he plays dolls or tea party with them even when he’s really not fit to do it. He also took part in building a miniature house that is DK’s project in school when he knows nothing about architecture. As for our boys, it’s given that he relates to them in everything.

“Like what girly stuffs?” he is totally pushing me to the edge of the cliff. “Babe…just to remind you…I can wear all pink for them if they want me to…I can even disguise myself into a girl if they ask to”

It made me laugh hard. I slap his chest. “You’re so funny babe”

“I just want to know what it is…coz…I feel so left out now”

Why do I have this strong feeling that he dig deep into his being with what he said? I don’t know, but it seems like he’s not just feeling left out because the girls and I are hiding a secret, but he feels left out in general.

“Mr. Kwon” I pull myself up and look down at him intensely. His eyes show me how tired he is but more than that, it shows sadness.

“Is there a problem?” I ask curiously and with fear that maybe there really is.

He caresses my cheek that made me smile. “We’re going back to the past again”

“What do you mean?”

“Just like before…we don’t have time for family anymore…our busy schedules are eating us raw and it’s making me feel like we’re losing connection to our children already…and even if it’s hard to admit…we’re losing connection as a couple too”

This is unexpected. I didn’t see this coming. All this time, I thought, Jiyong is already back on track with him doing music and wo

Please log in to read the full chapter