THE MAKNAES.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

DAESUNG and SEUNGRI

 

“Appa…look! I have a gift for you” Iseul calls out, showing flower pot, her hands dirty with soil.

Iseul is Kang Daesung’s only daughter. After dating for two years, he and wife Chun Mei, decided to tie the knot and is now on their sixth year of marriage. Keeping their lives private is hard, but they are getting by.

“OMONA!” he is in big trouble. Once his wife sees their child, dirty, she will surely get mad at him.

Iseul runs to him “AAAHHHH!” he shrieks in surprise and backs out.

Any kind of crawling creatures creeps Daesung and with his daughter carrying worms in the pot, he cannot take it at all even when it’s supposed to make him happy for they’re a surprise from her.

Daesung, like the rest of the Big Bang members, is obsessed with his daughter. Ever since she was born, he never leaves her side unless he’s at work. Most of the times, she goes with him to work, which makes him really happy for she’s keeping him energized and inspired.

“Cheonsa (Angel)…where did you get that?” he still can’t go near her. All he can do is point at the pot without extending his arm.

Iseul giggles “I dig deep to find them” she answers cutely “You don’t like them?”

Afraid of hurting her feelings, he takes a deep breath, forces a smile and pulls her to him with the pot of worms in between them “Appa likes them so much…most especially because they are from you” his voice doesn’t sound sincere, but he is touched for his daughter is so thoughtful.

She looks contented. The way they smile is so alike that whenever she sees her smiling, his heart skips a beat for he really is like a mini version of him.

“Yaaa…” he sweetly remove the pot to get rid of it with a smile still plastered on his face “Omma will get mad at me if she sees you so dirty” he looks at her from head to foot and got nervous upon seeing her white dress badly stained “Aigoo…I should clean you up fast before Omma arrives”

The five year old giggles while being carried by her Father to the bathroom. Once inside, he starts filling the tub with water and meticulously checks its temperature.

“Why are you so fond of digging for worms Cheonsa? And you keep on doing it every time your Omma is out and I’m the one left with you” he asks curiously while stripping her clothes off.

He carefully place her inside the tub and she starts playing with water right away “Omma won’t let me get dirty Appa…she always scolds me whenever I dig for worms” she answers then pouts.

Daesung and his wife are raising their daughter in the most normal way possible. They are always with him whenever he’s working out of the country, having concerts, promotional tours or filming, but they see to it that she’s enjoying every second of it, learning and exploring the place. Like TOP, he’s so vocal in telling the fans to not give so much attention to his child and give her the privacy she deserves.

“How long do we need to be here Appa? Aren’t we going home yet?” Iseul asks while Daesung is rinses her hair.

It’s been a month since they left for Japan. Daesung, together with Seungri are chosen to guest host in a Japanese game show. They will soon wrap things up, and he can’t wait to go home already.

“Aigoo…are you missing Seoul that much?” he asks and she slowly nods.

“I miss Halmeoni…Harabeoji…our house…the Uncles…the Aunties…the Unnies…the Oppas…the Dongsaengies” she sound so cute, making her Appa smile widely.

“What do you want to do once we get back?” he asks curiously and excitingly.

She thinks for a while then snaps “I want to eat dduboki and Sundae (blood sausage)”

Kids her age hates eating Sundae for it looks weird but not Iseul. In fact, one of her most favorite food is Sundae, and she’s going to be really happy if she gets to eat it again.

“You really have weird taste buds like your Omma” he taps her nose, leaving bubble foam on it that makes her giggle.

As if on cue, Chun Mei arrived a minute after he bathed Iseul. With a relieved smile on his face, Daesung welcomes her.

“OMO!” she went to the grocery to buy ingredients for dinner, and is so tired from walking from the supermarket to their hostel.

“Give them to me” he gets the bags from her and brings them to the kitchen “You bought a lot Yeobo!” he calls out and she walks in.

Carrying Iseul who looks and smells so fresh without any traces of dirt from worm digging, Chun Mei leans in for a kiss first before answering “I called Xyra a while ago and invited them for dinner”

Xyra is Seungri’s wife. She’

Please log in to read the full chapter