ACCEPTED.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

My ear is ringing, so bad to the point that all I want is to go out of this room, pack all my things in my office and never come back here ever again. Yes, does happen, but I don’t need no right now, for all I want is to work in peace without being scared that my marriage might be on the rocks once again.

“What?” I wasn’t able to stop myself anymore. Just by the tone of my voice, I know that President YG can tell that I didn’t like what I just heard from him.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me intently. I never gave him an attitude (except during the time when I’m so depressed with the non-stop problems thrown at Jiyong and me). What happened? Why did he decided on his own? Oh yeah! I forgot! He owns the brand I’m working in, but this is really the first time that he didn’t ask for my opinion involving the brand.

From the way “Max” looks, I can tell that he’s expecting my reaction already. He’s not saying a word, but the smirk on his face is ticking me off.

“Clara” President YG shifted position on his seat and cleared his throat “I’m sorry for not telling you about this”

“How did you come up with the decision?” I asked.

He took a deep breath. “Mr. Sandoval and I had a talk yesterday…and I happen to ask him what he thinks is lacking in the brand’s system...he didn’t say much to be honest...for all he can tell me are compliments on how good all of you are in handling the brand…but he thinks we’ll come short in selling the brand to investors...especially now that we’re expanding to the global market already”

“But President…” this is bull! How can “Max” tell that we’re going to be short in investors in the long run when I’m sure that he doesn’t even have a clue on how the brand sells on the Asian Market? As far as I know we are doing good. “For two decades already…we haven’t even experienced being short in investors…yes…we did had our ups and downs in finding them but I’m assuring you…there’s no need for a new person in the team…Ms. Kim is doing a great job handling our international affairs…in fact…she have bagged three big investors in only three months…isn’t that enough?” I paused after hearing “Max” clear his throat.

“Mr. Yang…” he called and looked at him. “It seems like Mrs. Kwon is not good with me in her team…I can give back the position to Ms. Kim…after all…Mrs. Kwon is the one who knows how the brand is doing more than anyone else….maybe I’m mistaken when I said that the brand needs to strengthen its approach to international investors and market”

What is he doing? I wouldn’t be shock if President YG stands by his side, because the way he’s acting right now, I can easily tell that he wants MY boss to think things through that will surely lead to him on the right side, and me, on the wrong side.

Jiyong and I looked at each other, the room filled with tension. My husband is obviously pissed, angry actually, but just holding back.

“Mr. Sandoval…” President YG called, making me look at the two men. “May I have a talk with Clara for a few minutes?”

Good! This is so freaking good! Finally, I can talk freely already.

“Max” nodded at him. “No problem” he said and stood up from his seat.

President YG turned to Jiyong. “Jiyong” he called him.

“Hyung” Jiyong said.

“Go out for a minute…I just want to talk to your wife alone”

And my happiness is cut short. It’s going to be much nicer if my husband is here, for he can point things out exactly to President YG without even being nervous, and now that he’s not here, I don’t know if I’ll even have the guts to say the real reason why I don’t want to accept “Max” in my team, not when it’s for a personal reason and so out of business.

Chills ran down my spine the moment Jiyong closed the door, leaving me and President YG alone.

“Clara” he looked disappointed, maybe because of how I acted a while ago. “Do you have a problem with Mr. Sandoval? I don’t know why…but you don’t look comfortable with him around”

Do I have to say it now or wait for later?

“President YG…first of all…” I swallowed hard, closed my eyes and organized my thoughts. “I’m so sorry for the way I acted a while ago and for not accepting your decision to give Mr. Sandoval a position in the team…it’s just that…I really don’t think we need to do that…first and foremost…we are doing well with the investors…there are just times when it’s really hard to find one…but we’re getting by…I also believe that we’ll not go short in investors EVER! Simply because as long as we’re doing well in the market…they will surely invest for that’s how it really goes…the brand is selling double the number of last year...all the investors need is the numbers and we have them high…that’s why there’s really no need to change people”

“But Clara…don’t you think having Mr. Sandoval will really be a good advantage for he can get us more investors than what we’re getting? The man has a lot of connections…he can work this out without a sweat...just imagine how good it will be to have enough for all the brand needs...yes…your team is doing so good…but we shouldn’t just be contented with that…especially when…” he sighed “Another brand of our kind decided to expand as well…I just knew it a week ago and is planning to tell you today”

O…K. Now I can understand why President YG wanted to take things to another level. SME is expanding as well, which means that the competition have become tougher.

“Not that I’m afraid…but the tight competition is making me worry about the success of our expansion…we are already established…yes! We’ve proven ourselves out there before they did…but still...we can’t just be comfortable of that…we should prepare for whatever might happen” he massaged his temples and sighed heavily. “I just want the best for the brand and I know you do too”

Of course I do! We all worked hard for the brand to have a name in the industry. I’ve given a

Please log in to read the full chapter