YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONs

The least person I want to see today is “Max”. I swear. I don’t know how to move around him without being reminded of the freaky dream I had last night. All I want is to have a good working day that doesn’t involve him.

And because Isabella asked for a half-day leave from work (she’s going to see Ryu in his university), I drove myself to the nearest coffee shop first, drink espresso then head to the YG building. My day will start as stressful as usual because of the countless meetings lined up for me to attend to.

“What the heck!” a car blocked my way and parked on the slot I park on since forever. It’s reserved for me only.

Not that I’m ing or whatever, but parking in YG is so organized that we just cannot grab parking slots if we want. All the employees who got their cars registered in the company were given a slot each.

I take a breath, exhale heavily “Fine”, and drive off. Good thing Jiyong hasn’t arrived yet. I’ll park on his slot for today. After all, I’m sure he can get one without sweat compared to me who is in a rush.

With a tote so big it can cover my upper body, I slide out of my car dragging it out with me. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s bringing home work because it just means that I have to go to work the next day with loads of papers.

“Hey!” a man calls out for I don’t know who when I’m about to walk in the building already.

“Clara!” this time, I turn around to see who it was.

MY GOSH! Didn’t I just wished and prayed to not see him? It seems like I’m not heard by the man above for here’s “Max”, smiling widely while walking to me.

As much as I want to ignore him and sprint inside the building, I can’t, for its rude and I don’t want to be rude, not to an investor.

How can he even be possible? Like seriously, he looks like he’s freshly ripped off a magazine. A “creature” who is photoshopped, not in a photo, but in real life. He’s pulling off a none corporate look by wearing a thin grey shirt under a leather rider jacket and faded jeans. His blonde-ish hair looks like he just applied wax on it and randomly brushed it only with his fingers. It’s too messy for me. But, of course, nothing’s messier than my husband’s hair when he’s not in the mood to have it styled (a thing you’ll know easily when he’s wearing a beanie).

“Good Morning Mr. Sandoval” I greet politely and give out an awkward smile.

“Max’s” smile looks so pleasant that it’ll make you want to stare at him for the longest time. His dark green eyes are glued at mine, giving me chills for some reason.

“Good Morning!” he greets back. “You look so lovely Clara”

Oooh. A compliment in the morning isn’t bad.

“By the way” he snaps me back to my senses and pulls a man beside him. “This is Fabian” he says with a crisp-y Spanish accent. “My assistant…butler….driver…confidant…hmm…what else?”

It made Fabian giggle and I do too. From the looks of it, they seem to be close. And in all fairness to Fabian, he looks good too. Spanish genes are truly oh-so-fine.

“Nice to meet you” I extend my arm to him and he shakes my hand.

“My pleasure Madam” he says and I smile.

“Well…” I clasp my hands and clear my throat “I have to go now” then look at my watch “My meeting’s in a few minutes…are you guys going to see President YG?”

“Max” shakes his head. “No…well…not this early…maybe later” he answers.

Then why are they here?

“Have you forgotten? I’ll look around your office for some time while I’m here in Seoul to learn things from you guys” he reminds me and I almost spit out my view on this matter without even thinking of how important he is to the brand.

Up until now and even with the girls talking me out of it, I still don’t want to let “Max” “learn” things from us. I don’t know, but I feel like he’s here not just to get a good view on how we do things, but to steal ideas and concepts. I’m naturally generous, thing is, I just can’t give out a huge part of the brand to somebody who owns a brand as well.

“Oh! All right!” I don’t have a choice but to let him in.

Heading to the office with them and riding the elevator is very awkward. I walk in front of them while thinking of how my looks, if it comes off nicely or so big. To be honest, I can’t understand why I’m being so conscious when there’s really nothing to be conscious about.

“Good Morning ladies!” I greet the moment I step in our office.

As usual, high-heels are clacking on the marble floor. Stylish women are going back and forth their cubicles to another. Everybody is on their work mode but it seems like someone pushed their pause buttons when “Max” walked in.

Daryl rushed to us and I exchange looks with Railey who by the way, is sporting a y cut-out dress today.

“Buenos Dias (Good Morning!) Max!” Daryl greets with an enthusiastic tone.

“She transformed into a Spanish “B” again” Railey whispers in my ear, making me chuckle.

“I still don’t know where she learned it” I tell her and she giggles.

It seems like my time here is over because Daryl got the baton from me, which means that she’s the one in-charge of “Max” starting right this very second. Whew! At last I’m free from the awkwardness!

“Where are you going?” Daryl asks when I’m about to sneak out already.

I look at each one of them. “In my office”

“Don’t go in yet” she grabs me by the arm and pulls me closer to her. “Max hasn’t eaten breakfast yet…so…I asked him to have breakfast with us”

Railey locks eyes with me then looks at Daryl. “But…we just ate”

“Sis” Daryl’s eyes go big as if she’s telling us to just go along with it.

If by any chance Youngbae sees how enthusiastic and hospitable his dear wife is to another man, I’m sure there will be a World War between them, AGAIN. A few years ago, they had a war because of a woman (a former idol to be specific), after Daryl discovers that Youngbae is being cozy with her and all. But it’s actually nothing, for he knows this girl for a very long time already and it just happens that they were given a track to collaborate in. It’s just a work thing.

Good thing, I have a meeting that the girls will not take a part in for they have other important things to do. I swear. If they don’t get those things done by the end of the day because of entertaining “Max”, I’ll turn into the monster boss none of them would ever want to see again.

An hour and a half passed and my meetings done. I’m already exhausted even when it’s still early to be and it’s all because, another load of work is put on my shoulders to carry. This is how toxic an expansion can be. God knows how I want to get this over with.

“Oh!” I stop on the doorway upon seeing “Max” and Fabian in my office. “Hi…” I greet in confusion.

“Max” gives out his bright and -off smile again, making it so hard to think straight. “The girls left us here for a while…I think they’re in a photo shoot in one of the studios”

“Yes…they are”

Daryl and Railey will get it from me later. I just checked on them a few minutes ago and they didn’t even tell me that they left “Max” in my office. If only they did, I should’ve prepared myself and not look like a confused kitten upon seeing him.

“Make yourself comfortable” I tell him and walk to my desk. “Actually…you look way too comfortable already” I whisper to myself.

“What was that?” he asks, shocking me.

“Nothing” I reply.

So, what now? Is this the “learning” he’s talking about? He’s not doing anything, not observing, not touring around, no nothing! He’s just like a live display in my office that I don’t really need.

“Your office looks really good” he speaks after a long silence.

My eyes rolled automatically. All I want is to work but how can I work with him here? Not to mention, awkwardness is seeping in me. It’s actually going under my skin, making me want to disappear in thin air.

Alright, I admit. The sole reason why I don’t want him here is because my dream is still continuously haunting me no matter how hard I try to erase it from my mind. His presence is not helping at all.

“Thanks” I say plainly.

Silence took over again. He and his assistant are talking to each other in their own language, leaving me clueless of whatever it is, while I’m trying to focus on my work. I can’t slack off even for a second because I have due dates.

I wonder if he can feel my being cold to him. Maybe he’s numb or just doesn’t care, but if I’m in his position and the person I’m with is not entertaining me in any way and most of all, not even giving a damn on talking to me, I’ll choose to leave. After all, I’m up for nothing, so why waste my time?

Thoughts in my head fad

Please log in to read the full chapter