HEART TO HEART.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Craziness really runs in the family. I still can’t get why Isabella wanted to take us with her on her date when seriously, she doesn’t have to. If only she let me handle her Dad, things wouldn’t for her (I’ve gone to this conclusion this early because I’m so sure of it).

“Unnie….what’s gotten into you?” Gabby is in total disbelief as I am. She smirks “This is your first official date…the past isn’t counted because I just introduced you two to each other…I swear…you’re digging your own grave with this”

As much as I hate to agree (because a part of me wanted to be there as well), I can’t help but nod in agreement “Your sister’s right baby girl” I look at her sympathetically and sighs “But on the other hand…you just proved to us that you’re not like other kids who goes out with men behind their parents’ back…also…this means that you trust us so much you’re willing to take us with you on your very first official date”

To be very honest, I never thought that my daughter will be like this, most especially when in one way or another she hates how protective and “possessive” their Dad is to them. When I was her age, all I do is push my Mum and Dad away, far from my business and not let them have any say on my life, but Isabella is different, it’s obvious that she wants us to be present on her discovery and journey of life.

“What did they say?” I pull out the swivel chair from his study desk and sit comfortably in front of him who is lying, Cleopatra style, on the bed while texting

He looks at me with a wide smile on his face “They’re coming of course…according to them…they won’t miss this for the world”

It made me sigh. “Babe” I wheel the chair close to the bed and stare straight into his eyes “Do you really want to go? I mean…this date will be Isabella’s first…don’t you think it’s just right for us to let her go without us in tow?”

I know that he’s feeling me because he’s in deep thoughts. “But…she’s the one who said that we can go with her”

“Yeah…I know…I’m already there…but Babe…”

As a Mother who wants her child to experience the wonders of dating in full swing, I will give my best to change my husband’s mind. “I think she just said that for you to permit her to go because she knows that it’s impossible”

“Well then….” Jiyong gets up and out of bed then grabs me by the hand “Let’s ask if she’s sure about it”

This is what I like about my husband. He’s very considerate.

Hand in hand, we went up to the second floor to the girls’ room. Our daughters are all in there. Isabella and Gabby are busy in front of the computer, DK is braiding Karielle’s hair, while their youngest sister, Miracle, is playing dolls on her bed.

“Hey babies” I greet, making all of them look at us.

“Mum! Dad!” Miracle’s face lit up. She’s happy because finally, somebody’s going to take notice of her.

We sit on her bed and she gives me a doll, a gesture telling me to play with her. Of course, I can’t say no. After all, it’s Jiyong who is going to do the talking.

“So…” he’s warming up.

DK looks at me and smiles widely. I smile back. “Unnies” she calls, making them turn to her “You better sit in front of Dad…I think he’s here for the two of you”

“Thanks baby” Jiyong says, receiving a wink from our daughter.

“It’s nothing Dad”

Nervous, Isabella is the first to sit in front of him followed by Gabby who is now busy with her phone.

“What’s this about Dad?” Isabella asks, looking at me and him.

Jiyong clears his throat. “Well…your Mum and I just want to make sure if you’re serious about telling us that we can go with you on your date later”

I know what’s running in my husband’s mind. He wants her to say, Yes, so that we can go. I wonder what will his reaction be if she says No.

Our daughter is silent. She’s in deep thoughts which means that she’s battling with her heart and mind (I know my children so well that I don’t even have to ask them what they feel or even what they’re thinking. There is only a few times where I can’t read them).

“Unnie” Gabby breaks the silence and faces her sister. “Remember…this is your first ever official date”

She receives a glare from their Father, making her smile at him awkwardly. “Dad…I’m just saying”

“Look girls” Jiyong calls them to sit next to the two girls. Miracle is the only one who stayed on her place for I stopped her because she’s still so young for this matter. “First of all…I want to say sorry for being so hard on you sometimes…yes…I know that you always hear me apologizing about this matter but I just want you to know that I’m being like this because I don’t want you to bring yourselves to trouble or be in trouble…much more get hurt...”

“Except for Miracle” our daughter looks at him and he smiles at her sweetly “I’m sure you girls have crushes already…and maybe…suitors”

Saying the word “Crush” and “Suitors” sounds so hard to pronounce coming from him. Awww. My husband isn’t really ready to accept that her girls are grown ups already.

“I have a crush too Dad!” Miracle butts in, making us laugh.

“And who is the lucky guy?” DK asks playfully.

Our little girl giggles “Bang Yedam”

“Aigoo…he’s too old for you baby girl” Jiyong tells her and pulls her to his lap “You should have a crush on someone your age or only a few years older than you”

“hmm…let me think…” she taps her temple cutely with her index finger “AH!” she snaps “I really find Raj Oppa cute”

“That’s more like it!” I say and we exchange high fives.

And that moment lightens the mood. This talk is not supposed to be that serious, but with how Jiyong started, I have a feeling that it will.

“Anyway…” he’s on his game face once again “You girls can have crushes…it’s hard for me to even think about you going crazy over a boy but…it’s inevitable…I can’t do anything to stop that for it’s part of it all…in terms of dating…well…” he sighs heavily “As much as I want you to enjoy life without the disturbances of love and relationships yet…AGAIN…it’s inevitable…I tried holding Isabella back from it but now that she’s at the age where she should begin her quest to true love and finding Mr. Right…I think it’s time to…”

C’mon Babe! SAY IT! SAY IT! SAY IT!

From the way my daughter’s look, especially Isabella, I can tell that she wants to hear the same words that I want to hear from their Father. Is this it? Is Jiyong really going to let our daughter date without him going in between or contradicting?

He turns to me and sighs. It’s hard for him to let go of her even just a little bit, but he’s pushing himself. “This is insane Babe” he says and I rest my head on his shoulder.

“All right” he gives in “I’ll permit you to date…BUT…that only applies on Isabella and Gabby”

The two eyed each other and shrieks in excitement. “Really Dad? You’re letting US date already?” Isabella asks to double check.

Please log in to read the full chapter