SCARRED.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                          JIYONG

The whole night, all I can do is check on Clara. Morning came, without shutting my eyes even for a minute, I check on her again, but she’s still out of it or maybe she just doesn’t want to open her eyes, I don’t know.

“I just called Dr. Im and she’s coming in an hour or two”

Railey and Daryl kept me company last night to have more hands to aide to my wife. While we were watching her, the girls filled me in the five days I’ve been away.

“The day after that grueling night, I dropped by after work to check on your kids and Clara. At that time, she’s still fine, though crying non-stop, but totally sober. She even assured me that she’s going to be fine and it won’t take long for her to get over the whole issue. If only I know she’s going to fall flat hours after that, I should’ve stayed with her”

“As for your kids, Gabby and DK are doing a great job handling their siblings as well as running the house. For some amazing reason, those two stepped up to fill in for Isabella. They are the strongest out of your kids, Jiyong, especially Gabby, that lady is going to be one heck of a woman in the future. She knows how to work things out in the most devastating and miserable moments” this made me smile, “Danny, is in charge of the boys. He got them following everything he say. Russelle and Gabrielle, as expected will go with the flow. Those boys are so chill. As for Karielle, she’s managing her own. Darielle and Miracle, as young as they are, are taking all of this like real champs. It’s as if they know what’s going on and they need to behave, and cooperate with the old ones so that they won’t cause any problems” Daryl finished with a warm smile. She’s so busy doing Clara’s work in the office. Just like before, she has taken the realm while their boss is away.

Kwon kids. They really are the best. Yes, Isabella might’ve changed tracks, but she is one heck of a human being too just like her siblings. If there’s one thing that my wife and I are so proud of being parents, it’s raising our children to be a light to the world. Yes, they have their fair share of flaws and craziness and stupidity, but their heads are at the right place. They can stand on their own two feet and can lend both hands to others and to each other.

Railey sighed heavily, “The morning of the second day, DK called me, frantic, because they can’t get a hold on Clara anymore. They woke up and was about to check in with their Mum just to find out that she has locked the door and even kept the key with her. Her phone’s off. She doesn’t answer no matter how they call out for her. That’s when Seunghyun and I decided to go here and tend to the children. We comforted them by saying that their Mum needs a little space and rest from all the craziness, and that she’ll bounce back after a day or two”

“We also tried opening your door. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there are knife scratches near the knob, it’s Seunghyun who did that, while trying really hard to pick the lock. Thing is, your door is really something. It didn’t budge just like Clara” she laughed out loud, making us laugh as well.

“Day three, that’s when we finally got a hold on Isabella” Daryl rolled her eyes. It’s obvious by the expression she gave that she didn’t like what happened during that time, “Gabby told me that their Unnie has been ignoring them and keeping distance since that night. They are starting to worry for her. So, I called your dear daughter to my office. At first, her secretary keeps on giving me reasons why she can’t come to me, but of course, it didn’t work on me. I am one of her bosses, so whatever she’s doing, the moment I call for her, she needs to come to me, and I etched that in her mind that day” she chuckled, “I asked her how she is, she said she’s getting by. I asked if she knows what’s going on with her Mum, she said she knows a little but doesn’t have the courage to personally check on her in case she doesn’t want to see her yet”

“I asked her about her relationship and she told me that her boyfriend is helping her get by, and that he’s her emotional support as of the moment”

It seems like Isabella has found another person to run to aside from us. I’m glad and sad at the same time. Glad because she’s got someone beside her in these tough times. Sad because the attitude she’s showing us is not what I expected of her.

“I scolded her” Daryl gave me the peace sign with a grin, “I can’t help it, Jiyong. You know so well that I mothered that kid too. I’m the one who taught that kid how to choose a man, for I know that Clara will only tell her to choose somebody who is like you, and we all know so well that you’re a rare kind. So, yeah, at the early age of sixteen, I secretly gave her tips about men, relationships, and more about ”

As much as I’m thankful to Daryl for being such a good second mother to Isabella, I don’t know how to react about her sudden confession of teaching my daughter stuff about and some other things. Yes, Clara and I have talked to them about the birds and the bees, mars and venus, but I’m certain our talk is nothing compared to Daryl’s.

“Believe it or not, we taught her how to put a ” and here comes Railey, adding up to all that Daryl has injected to my mind.

“What?” I am in awe and in disbelief.

The girls laughed hysterically. They find my reaction so epic.

“It was a week after she told us that she’s in a relationship. I think it’s around the time Clara knew about it as well. But, yeah, we kind of cornered her one day and you know Isabella, she talks when stressed, so we stressed her out first and made her spit their relationship status” Railey started. Minutes ago, we feel so low and dull, now, the air is perky and cheerful.

Daryl laughed first before speaking, “We began our PEP talk with, you know, the usual, we asked how she’s feeling, how he’s feeling, how things are going, her expectations. The basics! And then, I got this bright idea to talk to her about , because why not? She’s capable of doing it, most especially now that she has someone to do it with. Right? So, yeah. It’s so timely that I got a banana available in my office and some free sample condoms”

“At first, she’s hesitant to learn it. We told her that her Mum is not the best teacher for she learned everything she knows from us anyway” Railey followed, “Also, you guys, her parents, isn’t the best in protection at all, it’s the sole reason why Isabella is here on planet Earth”

Daryl laughed hysterically again. “True! She and the first baby came so unexpectedly, during both times all I was thinking is, what the heck is these two doing? Is Clara contraceptive resistant?”

I can’t! These girls are hilarious. For the first time, I’m laughing like there’s no tomorrow.

“No, but in all seriousness, Isabella just needs some time off from all of you. What she’s doing, her actions, behavior and attitude, can just be a result of guilt, for this problem will not even be a problem if it weren’t for her, and she aware of that” Daryl ended.

Yeah. I’m sure my daughter is guilty of everything. It pains me that I cannot comfort her right now, but I’ll find a way to somehow soothe her pain and figure out how we’re going to rebuild our cracked relationship.

“Oh my!” At last, Clara moved. She flipped on her back from staying on her front the whole night. “!” as expected, she’s still woozy, though the alcohol is definitely lesser in her system now than yesterday. “I…” with all her might, she pulled herself up and rushed to the toilet. With my senses all in attention, I instantly followed her.

“Here, let me open it” I pulled the toilet lid up as she bends down on it. “Oh!” she giggled when her knees suddenly gave up on her, making her kneel on the floor. Not long after, she started throwing up, with me holding her arm in one hand to keep her still, while my other hand is holding her hair up. The last time I did exactly this is when she was pregnant with the little twins due to morning sickness.

It got me thinking, is this how she starts her day for the past days. How can she even handle this? How can she let alcohol accompany her during this t

Please log in to read the full chapter