HE'S WHAT?

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jiyong…”

The way he’s looking at me tells that his mind is filling up with thoughts, that I bet hit home run. It’s over a decade since Lauren and Alfie, but we’re still traumatize by their craziness, and just by thinking about it makes us want to runaway to another planet where no one can track us.

“What?” he’s already on fire even before I tell him what happened, what more after I tell him all about it?

I take a deep breath and look straight into his eyes. All I could see is curiosity and anger that’s building up faster than I expected. “He….” Argh! Why is it so hard for me to spit this out? Yes, I know that this will cause trouble, that’s for sure, but even though I want to just keep it and forget about it, I can’t, because I already know where this is going to.

Before with Alfie, I keep almost everything a secret to him. The only thing Jiyong knows is that he likes me and is pursuing me even when I’m already in a relationship. We just let him do what he trips on doing, thinking that he will not do any harm, but we’re wrong. He put me in a very tough situation where he put Jiyong’s career in my hands without giving me a good choice but to leave him. I kept it from my husband, well, boyfriend at that time, and what happened? I left him without saying a single word, not to mention I was pregnant with Isabella. Jiyong wasn’t able to do anything about it because he knows nothing, but I’m sure if he knew, he’ll definitely give Alfie a dose of his own medicine and more than that.

“Babe…” I touched his arm and sighed heavily. “A while ago…when…I was out….”

“Go ahead! Don’t hang me anymore…please Babe” he pleaded.

With my eyes closed, “He told me he likes me…that he finds my being cold and distant attractive…and the mystery in me…” this is the part that I hate to share “Is making him want to know every inch of me”

Honesty is truly the best policy. And in a relationship, honesty is one of the most important factors, because without it, trust will not be present. As a couple and after going through a lot to keep our relationship intact, Jiyong and I learned how to be honest, but it doesn’t mean that we tell each other everything already, especially when it’s nothing serious.

Silence embraced the room. His face is tight once again as he’s staring blankly at me. At our age, it’s quite weird to have an admirer, but I guess, this kind of things really happens, and I badly wish that it didn’t happen to me.

“Babe…” someone’s got to talk and it’s me. “Don’t worry about anything…his confession is nothing to me…and I know you know that”

Jiyong sighed and pulled me closer to him. “I know”

I looked straight into his eyes and caressed his cheek with a smile on my face. “We’ve been through this before…I’m sure we’ll get by”

“To be honest Babe” he looked calm but the sound of his voice easily tells me that he’s alarmed. “I know that you won’t bend and I don’t have to worry about you being shaken by that dude…but I don’t trust him at all…I knew it! From the way he looks at you to the way he moves around you…I can tell that his got something for you…one reason why I don’t want him here...and now that he has confessed…I’m more eager to throw him out of this company and I’m telling you Babe…I will do everything”

The girls and I, along with Big Bang and many other YG arists, have shares in the company already. President YG generously handed it out with the thought that it will bring YG Entertainment to more greater heights, which is true, because the company is now one of the most successful empire in whole of Korea and Asia. And with that power, Jiyong can appeal to President YG and even to the board to cut bonds with “Max” and his company, a move that will surely bring YG RUNWAY to find another investor that is as influential.

“But…”

He shook his head. “No buts” he said “I know that without him…well…his money and influence…YGR will need to step down a notch and hunt for a replacement…YET AGAIN…it’s also a selfish move for it’s going to just benefit us…but with or without him…I’m sure the brand will be able to stand again and move forward”

Good thing he knows that it’s selfish to kick out an investor for the brand/company just because of personal matters, but I’m with him in this. I’d rather go back to point A again than risk my marriage and family. I’m sure everyone will understand us.

And with that, we agreed to talk to President YG first thing in the morning regarding the matter and lay out our cards on the table. We also agreed upon investing on the brand, even when it’s not as big as “Max’s” investment just to get the projects going. As for the international investors, Jiyong said that he’s going to ask some friends in the fashion and magazine world for help (a thing he already did years ago but only found a few that pulled out their investments after a while).

Obviously not in our elements, our ride home is silent and tensed. It’s almost four in the morning and we’re so tired already. Jiyong even have to blast the music louder than usual to keep him awake, while I sleep, not caring about how loud it is in the car.

When we arrived, the big girls are still awake, chatting in the living room with two pints of ice cream and a bowl of potato chips.

“Dad! Mum!” DK ran to us right away, giving us a tight hug each.

“Hey Mum! Dad!” Gabby, always chic as she is, just waved at us with a sweet smile on her face.

Isabella approached us too and give us a kiss on the cheek. “You just finished work?”

Jiyong wrapped his arms on the girls’ shoulder. Dk on the right, Isabella on the left. “Mum made me wait for ages!”

“What’s new?” Gabby gave us space on the couch which she completely owned before we got here. The two girls are sitting on the carpeted floor.

I pulled Gabby to me and hugged her. She hugged me back and kissed me on the lips (out of our nine children, she and Miracle are the only ones who still kisses us on the lips). She did the same to her Dad who sat on her other side.

“Why are you girls still awake anyway?” I asked, eyeing Isabella who is the only one not wearing her house clothes.

It seems like my lovely daughter just got home too. I just hope Jiyong won’t notice her clothes or else, we’re in big trouble.

“Where were you by the way? Why didn’t you go to work? Your Mum told me that she permitted you only for a half-day off”

Uh-oh.

Gabby turn to me in alarm. The girls and I are more than nervous now and it shows on our faces.

As much as I want to tell my husband about our secret, I can’t, for Isabella is not ready for it yet. Also, we’re not yet done dealing with “Max”. I don’t want him to have so much to think about.

“hmmm…”

Oh my daughter! Don’t be like this! You know your dad can easily spot you lying.

Jiyong is patiently waiting for her answer, while I’m near to having a heart attack.

She started biting her nails (a trait she got from her Dad, obviously), then sighed. “Gabby asked me to help her with a project....so…I went to her apartment…Mum knows about it”

Jiyong gave me a darting look, and all I can do is smile. He turn to our daughter again. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because Babe…” I’m not supposed to be butting in, but I can’t stop myself. “Your schedules don’t meet…whenever she’s here at home…you’re out…and whenever you’re here which is…so rare these days…she’s out…I apologize for not telling you about it…it slipped off my mind”

Oh almighty Father! Please! Please! Please! Don’t let us be in trouble. I’ve had enough drama already and don’t want another.

“What’s that project anyway?” he looked at Gabby then at Isabella.

Gabby grabbed a pint of ice cream, scooped a spoonful and devoured it first. This is another Kwon girl tactic: Do something while constructing your explanation or answer in your head.

The moment she’s ready, she cleared and smiled. “It’s…some writing thing…a literary something that needs some pro to deal with…and Dad…you know how good of a writer Unnie is…well…Mum…” she turned to me and touchedmy arm “You’re still number one…but she’s the most accessible at the moment…so yeah!”

“Does law students have literature subjects?” Jiyong is dissecting us. A tactic he does so well.

“We do Dad!” Gabby exclaimed “We’re taught how to write good in one way or another…a key point in making legal documents”

“Got it”

Jiyong is still doubtful but he dropped the matter right after. Phew!

Exhausted, he excused himself to go to bed already, leaving me with the girls. As much as I want to sleep, I can feel that Isabella wants me to stay up for a while. I guess this is really a Mother’s duty to set aside whatever’s happening in her life and be there for her kids, especially when they really need you.

“How’s the event?” I asked, not minding about the spoonful of ice cream I put in my mouth.

Isabella’s face lit up like a light bulb and smiled sweetly. “It went well Mum…no…it’s one of the best University events I’ve been into”

Gabby smirked. “How can it not be the best? You and Ryu Sunbaenim are glued to each other…like...with super duper glue….” She faced me “They are inseparable Mum! I haven’t seen Unnie so clingy”

DK ran a hand on her arm “It’s giving me goose bumps…like seriously” then cringed.

It made me laugh. Isn’t this refreshing? I’m being brought back to the times when love is still new to me. I must say, Isabella and Ryu’s relationship is in a fast pace like Jiyong and I, but they are not aggressive at all (not completely sure about this but I know my daughter, she will not do anything crazy and beyond her limit).

Isabella rolled her eyes at her sisters and looked at me. “Mum…it’s just fine with you….right?” she asked.

“To be honest…” I sighed heavily and faced her fully. “As much as possible…I want you to be on guard for a few more months…I’m not telling you that holding hands and being sweet is bad for it’s normal for couples to be like that…but…you’re just new to this dating thing...I just don’t want you to fall too hard this early…coz baby girl” I reached for her hand and squeezed it lightly “Pain will surely bite you in the once things go the wrong way…trust Ryu but not fully…love him dearly but not as much….care for him but not to the point that you’ll forget caring for yourself already…these are the things you have to remember for you to at least protect your heart”

“I really don’t get it” Gabby snaps all of a sudden, making us look at her.

“What?” Isabella asked.

“Why does love and relationship have to be so complicated and yet people can’t live without it?”

Now I can see how different my girls are. I actually thought that they’ll be on the same page in everything but I was wrong, for they obviously are not and it made them more unique in my eyes.

“Unnie...” DK called Isabella who is biting her nails again (I can’t do anything to stop her from doing this. She and Jiyong are hopeless).

“mmm”

“Do you really love Ryu Oppa? Like…can you see him as your husband in the future?” DK has asked the question I have in mind. All I have to do is wait for an answer.

Isabella looked like her sister just gave her something to think

Please log in to read the full chapter