SMOOCHER.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Resignation. A word that I keep on dodging for many years. I know this time will come for me, but never in my wildest dreams have I thought that it’s going to be this way.

“Babe…I just can’t resign like in a snap”

He walked to my work desk, grabbed my laptop and handed it to me. “Write your resignation letter now, like, right now. I want to see you while doing it so that I know you’re really doing it”. He is just staring at me while I fight with myself if I should do it or not. “This is the only way to get away from another big problem, babe”

That being said, and I cannot believe I did it, but I just wrote my resignation letter.

“This is crazy” I am crying again, for my heart is slowly breaking.

Jiyong pulled me close to him and hugged me tightly, “Tell me can you think of other ways to get him off you? Because I swear babe, another Lauren coming in is going to kill me early. At this point in our lives, we shouldn’t be dealing with someone of that kind anymore. To be very honest with you, I think it’s your time to stop working, not just because of Max, but because our family needs a Mother in here” he chuckled, “Look at our kids, as loveable as they are, they are turning into these mad cats and wild dogs all of a sudden” he laughed loud, making me laugh as well, “And, you already had a good run with your career, there’s nothing to regret”

Is this it? Is this the sign I’ve been waiting for a very long time?

I went to work with the printed resignation letter in an envelope inside my bag. Jiyong is the one holding me together, for I’m slowly breaking. I’m going in one of the darkest moments of my life and as much as I hate being there, I’ll just it up and hope for a brighter day.

“What’s with the call?” Daryl came to my office holding a bag of chips.

“What’s up?” Railey followed not long after with a tall cup of green juice that she makes every morning.

How do I break this to them? ! How can I even leave these girls? We are THE YGR trio. We are the gems of this brand. Not to mention, Railey just started working here again. They will hate me for this, I’m sure of that.

“Sit down, I have something important to tell you guys” I stood in front of them, nervous.

“Wait” Railey suddenly raised her hand.

“Let us tell you something important first sis” Daryl pulled out her phone, browsed for something and handed it to me right after, “You’re looking at Max in the conference room just an hour ago with his S-moda team” she started, “According to one of our staffs, they arrived yesterday and Max brought them here after work hours and showed them around. Now they’re here again. No one knows if the President is aware of their presence, but from the looks of it, Max is doing something behind our backs”

“Here’s another one” Railey showed me another picture, this time, it’s a few pages from a magazine. “These are what’s on S-moda’s spread this month. Apparently, they had a sudden revision a week after Max arrived here. I talked with someone from their brand and according to her, he gave them some pointers, even some sample drafts to be their guide. I believe that what he gave them are actually from us” she swiped left for another photo, “This is exactly my draft for the editorial spread for next month. Except for the colors, everything is my idea. If you look closely, even the margins are the same as ours. Yes, they can put a margin on theirs, but this specific margin as far as I know, is YGR…” she zoomed in “Only us have this jagged colorful margin in every page. It’s a small detail to even get noticed, but I know my creation and I know that they stole this from us” she smirked, “If Max thinks he can get away with this, he’s wrong, because the colors of these jagged lines are made specifically for YGR. These tones cannot even be found anywhere easily. I in’ made it that way”

Now tell me, how can I resign when this problem just came up?

“Cho hee” I called thru intercom, “Can you gather every unit head to my office now, please” I said, “And…don’t include the IOM, as a matter of fact, keep it low from them”

The war started and Max just triggered it. If he thinks that he can easily get his way, he’s wrong, because I will never let him succeed.

And my office suddenly looks small with the amount of people in it. From the YGR team to the YGR teen team, to the YGR beauty department and unit heads, all of them are present.

“Hey Mum” Isabella greeted the moment she saw me. I just nodded at her and continued what I’m doing.

I’m still not over her sudden outburst this morning.

“I called you all here to ask for a favor” I looked at each one of them “I want you all to put your guards up, for we have a possible thief lurking around in this office”

“I’m sure you all heard of the recent rumors circulating around about a certain someone stealing our work and giving it to another brand” Railey followed, “Yes, we haven’t proven anything yet for we’re still gathering information and proof, but this early on, we have to be watchful and careful”

Daryl cleared , “Keep your radars up people! We need ears and eyes around these ers” her voice is too strong, too powerful, that it’s giving me goosebumps, “This is the time we can gossip to get gossip. This way, we can easily get information. I’m telling you, if only I can give my body to Max to use for even just one night, I will my way to the truth, if you know what I mean”, she gave out a wink and it made all of us laugh. Here she is again, making heavy things, lighter. “Kidding aside, nobody will give out any information about our plans, ideas, or anything. I want you to hide whatever you’re working on. I’m sure they’ll go digging like hungry miners in here anytime and we don’t want to give them OUR gold”

“Last but not the least” I smiled at them, “Please don’t forget to respect them even when they are completely making a fool of us. Let them play. Make them think that we are clueless of what’s going on, and once we’re fully equipped and ready, we’ll attack from the back”

Daryl burst out in laughter, “We’ll attack from the back nice and smooth, and make sure Hulk will have the most memorable of his entire freakin’ life” she is unstoppable. What can I say?

Of course, I cannot let my people go as low as them. We are from YGR. We are molded to do good. We are formed by the best, to be the best.

Weirdly, I haven’t bumped into Max the whole time I was at the office. Cho hee told me that the last she’s seen of him is this morning after his secret meeting with his team, he left with them and hasn’t come back.

“Babe” I peeked in to Big Bang’s studio.

Jiyong turned to the door and smiled the moment he saw me. “Hey babe” his voice sounds so tired.

It’s really good to see him in his special place again. This exact recording studio has been his haven for so many years and I’m glad that he’s able to step in it again and do his wonders. I can see on his face that even when he’s tired, he’s happy, and that’s what’s making me happy.

“Go home with me tonight” I sit on his lap and curled like a baby “Please”. I rarely act cute with him for it’s his job not mine, but when I do, it’s always a good one.

“Aigoo” he hugged me close to him, “Why is my wife being so cute all of a sudden?”

I looked at him and gave him a peck on the lips, “I want to spend the night with you, coz it’s been two days since you slept beside me. Your pillow that you spray your perfume on all the time to help me sleep, is not working on me anymore” I hugged him tighter, “I want the human Jiyong now”

“Yaaa” he is acting cute himself, “Are you sure you just want human Jiyong to make you sleep or you want human Jiyong because you want to let off some steam?”

That’s it! I’m stopping this madness.

“Kwon Jiyong! I swear!” I pulled away from him but he kept me in place, “Don’t imagine things! All I want is my husband to hug me until I fall asleep and to keep hugging me until I wake up. I really don’t mind your snoring so loud and the way you hug me as if I’m part of the bed that your whole body is covering my body already”

“I love waking up hugging my wife too” his face is so close to mine, “You may not be as soft as a pillow, but you’re comfortable” he started tickling me, “Also, the sweet scent of vanilla on your hair is so relaxing”

I love us this way. This moment right here is what’s making my heavy feelings, oh so light.

“I have to tell you something. It may not be my place to tell, but I really feel the need to” I transferred to the other swivel chair beside him.

He pulled it close to him and patiently waited as I think twice if what I’m about to do is right, “Is this about your resignation or Max?” Jiyong asked. His anxiety building up.

I shake my head, “I haven’t given the letter yet, babe” I looked down and fiddled with my fingers, “Not because I cannot do it, but because I have a strong feeling that it’s not yet right for me to leave the company, especially now that we can sense a big problem coming our way”

I told Jiyong about the possible stealing Max is doing in the brand. What surprised me is that, he isn’t even shocked that it’s happening.

“Oh babe” he brushed his hand on my arm and caressed my cheek, comforting me. “I know that it’s going to be a dirty fight between you two, just always remember that we’re here for you. I AM HERE FOR YOU. I’ll help you get through this, but you have to promise me one thing…” he pulled my chair closer to him and looked deep into my eyes, “You will fight a good fight. I’m good with your tears even if it hurts, but you have to promise me that once gets so rough and it’s getting the best of you already, you’ll drop out of it no matter what. As much as I treasure YGR, I treasure you more. I’d rather have you in one piece

Please log in to read the full chapter