I'M IN!

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHOIs

“What?”

This is not the morning that I pictured in mind last night. I was expecting Seunghyun to wake me up by wriggling beside me and wrapping his arm around me, pulling me so close to him and sniffing my hair like it’s the most fragrant flower he ever smelled. And now what? Daryl is firing up my phone by calling over and over again when I already hung up on her the first time she called. Not that I don’t want to talk to her, it’s just that, I just got back from sleep after sending the kids off to school and wants to have even a few hours of sleep again.

“I swear Sis…if you hang up on me again…I will give you a headlock that will surely rip your head off your neck” she threatens, making me smirk.

“As if you can” I counter.

She smirks “You know me Railey Uy Choi…I do what I say and I don’t care whether you’re my sister” Daryl says while chewing. This woman, she’s going to munch foods that go straight down her in the office all day again.

“Sorry…I’m your pimp not your sister” I joke.

It cracks her up. “Seriously Sis…you need to wake up now…run to the bathroom…dress up....and drive yourself here”

Why do I feel like something is going on with either her or Clara? Oh gosh! These women are really trouble magnets. Good thing I’m not because if I am, no one’s going to clean their up for them.

“What have you got yourselves into this time?” I ask while staring at my husband who looks so angelic with his long lashes curled up like a doll and a little bit of sun striking on his face.

Daryl squeals all of a sudden, making me sit up in surprise. “What the !” I exclaim.

“As much as I want to tell you what’s waiting for you here…I can’t…and I don’t want…because it’s much better said in person….so….go here…NOW!”

Is one of them pregnant again? Wait. No. That can’t be. Clara is already ligated. She can’t get pregnant anymore unless she’s Zeus who made his daughter by swallowing Metis (the “Mother” of Athena”) (yes, HE SWALLOWED her), and poof! comes Athena who popped out of his skull, already full grown.  OH MY! I think Seunghyun’s right! I shouldn’t read too much Greek Mythology stuff because I kind of mix it up with reality already. 

OK. So I’m down with one, next is Daryl. Big is not ligated but she and Youngbae rarely have for a year or two already. It’s saddening most especially for Daryl who is a total Dong Youngbae meat lover. But then again, it’s still possible for her to get pregnant again. I mean, women in their late forties can still conceive which can be really cool for menopause babies are said to be intellectual. Hmm….

Out of curiosity, I decided to visit the girls at YG without preparing myself for any mess they want me to help them clean. Or, if my hunch is right, my ears are not ready for Daryl’s pregnancy issues and rants. Please. Please. Please. Let this day be as smooth like my normal days even when I’m going to spend it with my two sisters who are crazy as a Monkey in captivity.

“What’s with them? Why do they want you there all of a sudden?” Seungyhyun who woke up because of the noise I’m making asks, after I tell him where I’m going.

I shrug. “I don’t have a clue Honey…all big said is I have to go there”

He just stares at me through the mirror. His eyes are puffy because of too much sleep and his face bloated as well.

I stand up from my vanity chair and join him in bed. “Aren’t you going to the studio today?”

He sighs. “Jiyong and I are free from work already…remember?”

Ah yes! I forgot. Seunghyun and Jiyong were given the chance to produce for YG’s upcoming hip-hop duo which I’m telling you, are molded like GD and TOP, but of course, with a different feel. The young boys are very good-looking as well and they rap smoothly, just like their “ancestors” (haha!).

“Do you have plans for today?” I ask, while massaging his hand.

“Hmm…” he sits up straight and sigh “I think I’ll pick the kids up from school…help them with their assignments and babysit”

“Awww” I gently caress his cheek and smile. “You’re really the best Honey” I lean in for a kiss “I love you”

He kisses me on the lips again and smile too. “I love you too”

To be very honest, I’m not that sure if Seunghyun can really do house work, not because I don’t trust him with it, but he’s not just the type of husband who stays at home, bums around, and takes care of the children. He usually calls his Mother over so that he can have someone to take care of the kids. Good thing I bought instant foods in the grocery yesterday, he can feed them with the help of the microwave without a sweat.

Going to the YG building again brings back a lot of memories. I can still remember how amazed the girls and I the first time we step a foot in the building. It feels just like yesterday.

As expected, the YG staffs are shocked in seeing me. It’s not long ago since I’ve last been here, but to be here without my husband and going up the YG RUNWAY office is quite new to them. Ever since I retired, I rarely visit the girls at their office even when I’m just around the building and meet them at the cafeteria or the boys’ studio only. I don’t know, but it’s just so hard for me to see our office, cause it makes me regret my decision of leaving them and dropping the job that I mastered doing all these years.

“WOW!” my eyes got big the moment I saw a huge picture of Clara, Daryl and Brady iced on the main glass door of the office. They’ve gone completely insane with this . I swear.

“OH! Ma’am Railey!” my former staffs are beyond shocked upon seeing me.

I run to them in eight inch heels without even thinking that I’ll seriously damage my feet with just one wrong move.

“I MISSED YOU PEOPLE!” I shouted and we had the warmest group hug ever.

“Look at all of you!” I’m totally surprised by how my staffs who are already smokin’ hot before are much hotter now. “I feel like a cockroach beside you guys!” I joke and receive loud laughs from them.

“Ma’am…you’re still the most beautiful out of all of us”

“Aigoo…I missed you guys so much!” we group hug once again. “I have a question” I swallow hard and face my body to the directio

Please log in to read the full chapter