SURVIVOR.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHOIs

After surviving the deadly threat of cancer, Railey Choi is healthier than she ever is. Not only did she work so hard to take care of herself, but the sickness made her realize the importance of family and friends. With one foot underground and weakness eating her fragile body, her family and friends has been her pillar of strength. From the excruciating treatment to the slow and un-stable recuperation, she swallowed it all up just to be with these people for the longest time.

“Aigoo…Choi Seunghyun” her husband’s arm is wrapped around her waist and his legs on hers while sleeping “You’re lucky you’re my husband…and you’re super-duper-alpha-omega-handsome… or else...”

“Or else…what?” he suddenly speaks, making her jerk.

She sighs heavily and pushes him slightly away from her “It’s still so early and you’re already up”

Playfully, he moves real close to her, locking her in his arm and leg tightly “Yaaaaaa!” Railey protests but all she receives is a y giggle from her husband.

They’ve never been so touchy and sweet throughout their first years of marriage, and even when they’re still dating, but after going through the pain of cancer, the couple connected so much than they expected them to be.

Choi Seunghyun or Big Bang’s TOP as most people calls and know him have retired from being an idol just like his good friend/brother, G-dragon. Actually, he was the one who enlightened him about the matter although Big Bang’s former leader were the first one to give up on his idol status, he came back running to the entertainment business also after a while. During one of their man to man talks, he told him that being “too career busy” lessens the importance of family and is unfair, because they already established their names worldwide, lived their dream and enjoyed it in full swing, while all their families do is wait until they give them time. And as expected, G-dragon listened.

“Are you going to sleep again or you’re joining us for breakfast?” Railey asks TOP whose face is buried on a pillow.

Acting weird like he normally does, he just raises his arm and give a thumb’s up.

“Huh? What?” his wife who is standing beside the bed is confused. There are really times when she can’t get her husband at all.

TOP looks at her, smiling like a little kid “I’ll eat breakfast” he says but instead of getting up, he spreads his arms and legs on the bed, like a frog ready for dissection.

“Whatever” Railey says with a sigh “I’ll call you once I’m done cooking”. And he gives her a thumb’s up again.

The family’s usual mornings are not as chaotic as the Kwons and not as silent as the Dongs. The Choi family is peaceful and organized, which is not surprising anymore for Railey wants everything in order. But of course, there are also times wherein the kids are hyped like they’ve eaten tons of chocolate bars with her and TOP going crazy as well.

Mrs. Choi’s morning to do's:

Cook breakfast.

Just like Mrs. Kwon and Mrs. Dong, Railey is used to not having breakfast, but after living in Korea, they learned how to fill their stomachs first before starting the day.

Today’s menu is Onion, Mushroom and Tomato Omelet. The kids hate it but don’t have a choice, for they have to eat healthy (One of the advantage-disadvantage of having a Mother who converted from being MSG and Preservative-freak to organic to almost goat-like vegetarian).

Wake the children up.

From three kids to five, TOP and Railey unexpectedly got pregnant twice, even with a strict rule that they can’t get pregnant during the cycle of the Cancer treatment. It was risky and challenging, but they were able to get through it.

“Oh! You’re already awake!” Railey is surprised to see her eldest daughter, Tabitha, fixing her bed.

“Good Morning Omma!” she greets with a warm smile on her face.

Seventeen years ago, she gave birth to this beautiful baby girl without even knowing what to do and how motherhood works. Tabitha is really a bundle of joy up until now. She’s so close to TOP to the point that she tells him almost everything, unlike most girls who goes to their mother for some sharing.

Sitting on a swivel chair in front of Tabitha’s study desk, she watches her daughter with a proud smile on her face. All of a sudden, she felt emotional because she is still here on Earth, alive, to witness the growth of her young lady.

“Omma” Tabitha calls and faces her “Do you think Appa will let me go with DK at the university’s freshman soiree?”

DK is G-dragon’s daughter, who is Tabitha’s only best friend in the whole wide world. They were born to be best friends ever since they’re in their mother’s wombs. The two goes in the same university but are taking different courses.

“I’m not sure sweetheart” Railey feels bad because she knows that there’s a slim chance for her husband to agree. If only the last say is hers, she’ll definitely let her daughter go.

“Is DK coming anyway?” she asks, knowing that there’s also a slim chance for the young Kwon to be permitted to go.

Tabitha sighs “She hasn’t told Uncle Jiyong and Aunt Clara yet…but Isabella and Gabby Unnie know...most likely than not…they will be the ones helping her convince them to agree” she answers.

“Do I have to help my daughter out too…just for Seunghyun to let her go?” Railey thinks to herself.

 In deep thoughts, she heads to the boys’ room and as expected, they are still sleeping like a log.

Please log in to read the full chapter